Thread: Ni Fe and medical school

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni Fe and medical school

or

how could Ni be utilized in med school?

interview = no other choice but to put my Te face on (im really baaaad at this)

i can almost hear it: INCONSISTENTX1000!

o i am doomed.

basically it's a choice between med school (unhappy BUT money=happy) and some other career that would best suit my personality does such a thing exist (happy BUT probably no money=unhappy).
    Last edited by matilda; 11-04-2009 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    or

o i am doomed.

basically it's a choice between med school (unhappy BUT money=happy) and some other career that would best suit my personality does such a thing exist (happy BUT probably no money=unhappy).
    I Know at least two Ni-Fe Pharmacists and a bit more Fe-Ni, I think Beta NF handles those courses well compared to Delta ST. There is a lot of critical thinking involved, so it not just boring memorization, It can get your Ti/Ni going which helps you stick what you learn into your head.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I Know at least two Ni-Fe Pharmacists and a bit more Fe-Ni, I think Beta NF handles those courses well compared to Delta ST. There is a lot of critical thinking involved, so it not just boring memorization, It can get your Ti/Ni going which helps you stick what you learn into your head.
    Yeah, Pharmacy seems good. I think Surgeon is a bad choice tho.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think Surgeon is a bad choice tho.
    We will leave that to the Sensing types.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your equations are wrong.

money doesn't produce happiness, it is the other way around.
    If you see a successful doctor it is because he likes what he is doing.

The way things work is like this:

if you love something you can work at it a long time without getting tired. You can enter flow doing that thing and this skyrockets your productivity.

High productivity can result in high "SERVICE" to others.
    Service is the thing that people pay. The higher the service, the higher the pay. If your service is very high quality and desired by the society you stand to make tons of money.

Then there is another thing. USD or EUR is not the ultimate currency. They get converted into the ultimate currency which is happiness. While you don't have much money, you get good rates for money BUT once you reached a certain point, the rates go down, down, down.
    This is why we have the so called "unhappy achievers" like Elvis or Marilyn Monroe or Maradona. You get this people that although they have everything, millions of dolars, they are unhappy. They turn to cocaine or other types of hedonistic pleasures in hope that they will get happy without knowing that pleasure is the worst form of getting happy (it habituates way to fast).

Good quality happiness comes form flow and from living a life of meaning (these doesn't habituate) and these my friend come from doing what you love.

Of course, if you try to do what you love you will suffer a frontal attack from FEAR but if you have the courage to take that fear head on you will transcend it and you will become what every human should be... you will become ALIVE.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, Pharmacy seems good. I think Surgeon is a bad choice tho.
    Pharma seam like a bad choice to me. I view it boring, tons of things to remember, little or no flexibility, little or no creativity.

Psychology might work, especially the brief family of therapies like Solution Focused Change. Quick evolution, immediate future! That's so IEI domain.
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a successful NiFe family doctor. She's married to an ER doc who is TiSe. I have another friend who thought she wanted to go to medical school but ended up deciding against it. I definitely think it's possible but why do it unless you love it? Money does not equal happiness!!!!!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also it's not your type that matters... but it's your natural talent and abilities (and maybe dedication) that you possess that matters.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medicine is probably the worst field to go into just to get rich, as you're going to be dealing with people and the last thing people need is a doctor who doesn't have a passion for what he/she does but just went into it for the money.

I agree with the other posters who said the best thing is to find something you enjoy that you can make a living off of, as that will make you the happiest in the end.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in most clinical applications besides surgery an NiFe could do well in medical school. I mean, i've met NiFe drug dealers before. Pharmacy is good if you want to work as a pharmacist, but that would be boring, and you can get into pharmaceutical research with a chemistry degree.
    asd

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If Happiness produces money how come that millonarie killed himself?

Money is simply a tool we've chosen to deal with man. There are other ways to deal with man as money is simply man-invented and in the far future, will be scraped for something else.

I've heard a lot of people with money complain than I have heard those without money. Money is simply more of a convenience than anything. I suppose it's just human nature never to be satisfied though.

However, if you realize that all systems are a veil, and you can literally do everything yourself, you see money as the illusion it is.

I used to take money and rip it in front of people before. They got REALLY upset when I did this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression whenever people talk about entering a lucrative career people automatically assume that the person is doing it for the money. Just as a simple job in McDonald or a lot of other job, engineering, Law, finance, and manual labor is not done because of interest, it requires effort with force effort, if that is the case why not find one where it pays well. Studying computer science would have taken as much effort as some works relating to medical field, but due to the current market condition, it isn't worth it to study computer science, but doesn't mean it is anything easier.
    Last edited by 07490; 11-06-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: How is my grammar and sentence structure Implied?

1)

2)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember making career decisions on the basis of boredom. it was a distinct thought process in my 20's. i absolutely could not go into a field i did not find fascinating because i knew i would get bored, not do the work, and prolly get fired. LOL so i picked something really interesting...social work has kept me interested all these years, if not a little stressed out and a little bit poor. but happy overall.

in the end: do what you think you can do day in and day out. 40 years is a long time to work. also, look at how much money you will have to borrow...paying it back is a pain in the ass....all that payback has to be worth the investment of time, energy and money. like a lot of med students borrow boucoup dollars and end up not really getting paid that much more, because their loan payments are so high. plus they work like 60-65 hours a week, are constantly sick, and on call. i am not sure i would like this life in actual practice.

work sucks. i wish i had made different decisions about it, like married a rich guy and not worked....stayed home with my kids.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

work sucks. i wish i had made different decisions about it, like married a rich guy and not worked....stayed home with my kids.
    I thought you liked work!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I thought you liked work!
    i do...but it's kind of like lemonade. i'd rather have it easier i think...and spend more time w my kids doing things that really matter.

ILE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah the whole 'wanting to get paid doing something you love' childhood dream. *Sigh*

Creepy-male

or

o i am doomed.

wtf please don't tell me you want to be a doctor because you like grey's anatomy or some equally lame reason. Real life doctors aren't like that.

Plus you realize there is more to life than money, I mean wtf why do you even need to be making a shit load of money like that just to feel happy to get by in life. Its not like a typical job where you make a more modest salary won't support a happy life. Explain this one to me.

Also if I was in a hospital I'd be pissed off if the doctor didn't give a shit about their job and just cared about making a shitload of money so they can buy a jag, I'd want a professional that cares about there job and is passionate about it, not some who treats patients like the arm of a slot machine, at each crank is an oppurtunity to cash in. Plus its not even what I'd want, its what I'd think everyone wants, people don't go to the hospital to contribute to a doctors wealth, they go to get some healthcare.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I get the impression whenever people talk about entering a lucrative career people automatically assume that the person is doing it for the money. Just as a simple job in McDonald or a lot of other job, engineering, Law, finance, and manual labor is not done because of interest, it requires effort with force effort, if that is the case why not find one where it pays well. Studying computer science would have taken as much effort as some works relating to medical field, but due to the current market condition, it isn't worth it to study computer science, but doesn't mean it is anything easier.
    Yep thats what I get, I am pursuing the whole physics/aerospace engineer thing.....

it annoys me because the attitude of this whole thing is characterized by "I'll be making alot of money, but all that math stuff is for nerds!", I chose physics/engineer for a much simpler reason, which is that I was always interested in understanding how things work and was amazed by the way physicists/engineers can explain the way things work out and was curious to learn all of that and have a mastery at understanding the laws of nature. I choose the aerospace thing cause I am a pilot and have an interest in aviation. So I actually have a degree of enthusiasm for what I do, which is exactly what your not supposed to have, your supposed to hate your work and call it nerdy in a self-debasing hypocritical fashion providing a very shallow sounding rationale of "It makes alot of money".... any deviation from this approach will immediately label you as a nerd. The funny thing is if you call it nerdy then you avoid them calling you a nerd. Its almost as if I must go through the motions of this little game where when I mention about science I communicate "Science = Nerdy" and the other person agrees.... if I don't perform this ritual I become punished by being called a nerd. And its all just a result of 1950's american culture bullshit. Blah blah blah blah blah.... man fuck this... this shit pisses me off so much I feel like just punching someone in the face next time they do this without explanation, that way they'll be forced to think about what caused me punching them in the face, eventually they'll uncover the bullshit, but more likely I'll get arrested for assualt and locked away into a prison, I'll try to explain myself and they'll send me to a psychologist who will spend her time asking me questions like "Why are you so angry" in a condenscening manner, I'll explain myself and she'll completely glaze over all the essentially points and respond with "I like to breathe deeply when I am angry, do you like to breath deep? Lets breath deep together" in a condenscening manner, then I'll be like "No I don't feel like breathing deep, I feel like solving my fucking problems, breathing deeper isn't going to help anything, I have enough oxygen", then she'll be like "Think positively, there is no need to be angry", and I'll be like "Fuck you" and I'll think positively the moment I am out of prison, people stop acting stupid, and this meeting is over, until then I have to take care of business. I'll end up getting released in old age and go around being a cynical grumpy person, eventually I'll record all my thoughts on the stupidity of society in a book, and after many ages when the human species evolves they'll uncover my book and they will translate and study it as an artifact of primitive man and realize I was one of the first people to realize what is now to them a common perception.
    Last edited by male; 11-07-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay so what I meant was money = free from any sort of dependence, not money = M-O-N-E-Y.

money doesn't buy you happiness, yeah i get that. but sometimes it's just how this fucked up system works.

I would get a typical job but there isn't much stability in that. with medicine, the whole way is paved, I don't need to worry about much else.

the problem is that there is no career in the world that has both stability and is perfect for me. that's a terrible sentence lol fuck it i dont know i dont know what i want. thanks for all the replies though

Creepy-male

sure sure sure..... I kind of knew what you meant anyways, but I wasn't sure... I am just saying being a doctor is a little overkill if your just interested in being free from dependence. Really any real job you get will provide you with freedom from dependence, so why choose medicine one of the most challenging fields? Why not choose something you enjoy spending your time doing.

The only reason it makes sense to go through the anguish of medical school is if you actually like the healthcare industry.... helping people, making a difference, etc etc....

The money is a perk from all the hard work and contributions you make.

I mean its not like you can't be a doctor unless you satisfy these conditions but to me it doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    The only reason it makes sense to go through the anguish of medical school is if you actually like the healthcare industry.... helping people, making a difference, etc etc....

The money is a perk from all the hard work and contributions you make.
    I'm keeping these in mind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem is that there is no career in the world that has both stability and is perfect for me.
    Actually there is one. CEO of YOU Inc.
    If you do a takeover of your own life... stability is no longer an issue and trust me... it IS the perfect job for you! It is not an easy job, that's for sure, but it's fun and full of satisfaction.
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I could never go into healthcare and have somebody else's life be in my hands in such a direct way. IN fact, I think the very idea of having hospitals is really stupid. I like more nature-istic societies where there isn't really any system. I know nobody really agrees with me, probably- but I just think, if you take preventive measures you shouldn't need a hospital anyway. However, the hospital did save my life once because I had panick attacks (I completely absolved my ego in a very complex psychological exercise and it scared me to death almost)

Killing just a few people to save the world isn't worth to me. I'd let the world burn. And doctors seem to have a god complex. For everybody they DO help, they misdiagnose and misprescribe just the same. Not to mention they are almost always 'weird' with bad social skills. They don't even take the time to get to know you , they're just 'okay here's this pill' blah blah. Western society is so stupid how it does that lol.

Plus nurses , are all fat smokey and gossipy to me. I could never do that. Why would I trust somebody to help me that's 400 pounds overweight and smokes? She needs to worry about her own health before she cares about other people!!!

Nah, I'm a writer. That's my thing. I'll just write books and stuff. And help people that way. Of course Idk if I'd ever get published but my dream is to have 16type adventures published and then sign autographs at Border's. haha <3

People do NOT LIKE ME because I refuse to be part of the system, but I also am intelligent and feed off its successes, and am too smart to fall for it's trappings. Oh well. They can kiss my ass. I'm fitting my role, I'm making sure that they do their jobs. I see myself in sort of a supervisor role for all hehe.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually there is one. CEO of YOU Inc.
    Yes, you're right. But until you're doing this yourself, you have no business preaching to others actually.

For example, you don't need money or the world's systems to live. You can hunt and kill your own food. You don't need processed foods at the grocery store. You can get your own water, etc. You just need food and water to live and there are a ways around the human systems to get those things. In fact, I just see all the world's systems as one huge veil and illusion because it is.

We're just not conditioned to live this way (even though you're right, people CAN do it and totally ignore the systems but who does this?), but with enough practice, we can all get out of the hurtful institutionalization of the world. Especially western society. With enough meditation and practice, you REALLY REALLY start to see through the veil and it is nice. <3

I just see it all as a massive co-dependency issues instead of us all being beautifully independent. With writing and ideas we can empower people the most in my view.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Yes, you're right. But until you're doing this yourself, you have no business preaching to others actually.
    This is a way of looking... not an actual "legal" status.
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I could never go into healthcare and have somebody else's life be in my hands in such a direct way. IN fact, I think the very idea of having hospitals is really stupid. I like more nature-istic societies where there isn't really any system. I know nobody really agrees with me, probably- but I just think, if you take preventive measures you shouldn't need a hospital anyway. However, the hospital did save my life once because I had panick attacks (I completely absolved my ego in a very complex psychological exercise and it scared me to death almost)

Killing just a few people to save the world isn't worth to me. I'd let the world burn. And doctors seem to have a god complex. For everybody they DO help, they misdiagnose and misprescribe just the same. Not to mention they are almost always 'weird' with bad social skills. They don't even take the time to get to know you , they're just 'okay here's this pill' blah blah. Western society is so stupid how it does that lol.

Plus nurses , are all fat smokey and gossipy to me. I could never do that. Why would I trust somebody to help me that's 400 pounds overweight and smokes? She needs to worry about her own health before she cares about other people!!!

Nah, I'm a writer. That's my thing. I'll just write books and stuff. And help people that way. Of course Idk if I'd ever get published but my dream is to have 16type adventures published and then sign autographs at Border's. haha <3

People do NOT LIKE ME because I refuse to be part of the system, but I also am intelligent and feed off its successes, and am too smart to fall for it's trappings. Oh well. They can kiss my ass. I'm fitting my role, I'm making sure that they do their jobs. I see myself in sort of a supervisor role for all hehe.
    huh, that's interesting. i'll be curious to see how you feel about it after your first big illness or need for surgery.

ILE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    huh, that's interesting. i'll be curious to see how you feel about it after your first big illness or need for surgery.
    He will self perform the surgery.

1)

2)