Thread: Clash of Civilizations comes to socionics

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clash of Civilizations comes to socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Vic
    5. Functional roles of civilizations
    What roles do the various civilizations take on in the global division of labour? And which Socionics functions correspond to which of the aforementioned civilizations? This is a topic open to debate.

This is my point of view:

The Euro-Atlantic (Western) civilization: «Te»

Confucian: «Ti»

Islamic, with its penchant to war against the infidels: «Se»

Eurasian (Orthodox), with its quest for uniqueness: «Ne»

Hindu and Buddhist: «Ni»

Latin American: «Fe»

Pacific (including Japan): «Fi»

African (Pagan): «Si»

Why does the Orthodox civilization, to which we belong, take on the role of the intuition of opportunities (Ne)? It is thanks to the tendency of our culture to be intellectually inventive as compensation for the lack of abundant natural resources. We get to do something unique, but put it on stream quality is impossible. Americans show more organizational consistency; we are more resourceful.

Eurasians, more than others civilizations, emphasize their uniqueness, originality and idiosyncrasies. The desire for uniqueness corresponds exactly with the intuition of possibilities.
    anything with a strike through = idk
    ("stream" might have something to do with assembly lines or production in general)

http://socionics.kiev.ua/articles/ot...enie-v-mukakh/

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that I use Ne exactly as he says, to compensate for a lack of resources. I press for that which is unique, it is the only way I can enlarge my value to society ...

However, does not Gulenko have awareness of scarcity a gamma trait in his list of quarta values?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont agree that Buddhist would work as Ni in this context. I think Fi would make more sense.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what little i know of confusionism it seems like something i'd despise with passion.

the thing people don't get about "Ti" is they think "structure, AHA" and don't think through the implications of making the attribution. Ti is not "structure" per say, but the most highly developed and philosophical (i.e. "4 dimensional") perspective on structure. which means it is the complete and diametrical opposite of ARBITRARY structure. it is its archnemesis and the means of its destruction.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    the thing people don't get about "Ti" is they think "structure, AHA" and don't think through the implications of making the attribution. Ti is not "structure" per say, but the most highly developed and philosophical (i.e. "4 dimensional") perspective on structure. which means it is the complete and diametrical opposite of ARBITRARY structure. it is its archnemesis and the means of its destruction.
    People overlook the creative aspect of ego functions in favor of some condescendingly stereotyped 2-bit behavioural pattern. Niffweed is the biggest offender in this respect and in other respects, like in being a very unpleasant individual.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    from what little i know of confusionism it seems like something i'd despise with passion.

That's an interesting observation. What you say fits well in Ti+Ne, but I fail to see it, at least to the same degree, in the Ti+Se combo.

In fact, is it possible to define an isolated function? They're constructs for explaining phenomena, if a model is limited much more a portion of this model will be...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    That's an interesting observation. What you say fits well in Ti+Ne, but I fail to see it, at least to the same degree, in the Ti+Se combo.

In fact, is it possible to define an isolated function? They're constructs for explaining phenomena, if a model is limited much more a portion of this model will be...
    Go to the plus/minus functions.
    Here is minus Ti (used by LIIs)" − Ti - abstract ness, generality, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, justice, comprehensive review, analysis, dissection, the logic of science, criteria;"

Minus Ti is felt as a sensation of "pursuing a difficult task; a challenge to the intellect. Necessity to figure out and understand."

Here is Plus Ti (used by LSIs) + Ti - specificity, itemization, detailed study, thoroughness, accuracy, strictness, place in hierarchy, regulations, instructions, choosing the best option, precision of function, logic of organization, indicators, reporting;

Plus Ti is felt as a sensation of "Understanding, hierarchy, structure."

Gulenko says "all of your base ...."

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Go to the plus/minus functions.
    Here is minus Ti (used by LIIs)" − Ti - abstract ness, generality, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, justice, comprehensive review, analysis, dissection, the logic of science, criteria;"

Minus Ti is felt as a sensation of "pursuing a difficult task; a challenge to the intellect. Necessity to figure out and understand."

Here is Plus Ti (used by LSIs) + Ti - specificity, itemization, detailed study, thoroughness, accuracy, strictness, place in hierarchy, regulations, instructions, choosing the best option, precision of function, logic of organization, indicators, reporting;

Plus Ti is felt as a sensation of "Understanding, hierarchy, structure."

Gulenko says "all of your base ...."
    I think you have not understood the purpose of my post.

And fwiw, the "Gulenko's recipe" is bullshit. No offense, but you seem to believe too much in this pseudoscience, because many of your posts are copypastes of literal portions of the theory. Remember it's a debatable theory, far from being proven under scientific methodology.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are being vain. I do not desire to expand on a theory to make more theory which is yet then unproven. You are not moving towards proof, if you were, you would find a situation to apply the theory. You are spinning a theory around to make more unproven theory. What then, is your unproven and unscientific take on how the functions differ between types? Do not bullshit yourself with the idea you are seeking proof. You are wanting to produce new conjecture. Conjecture, when layered, does not prove a theory.

Understand it first, then modify it.

And by the way, your question narrowly fits into the issue of plus / minus.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

African (Pagan): «Si»
    What exactly are the specifics of *African Pagan* and why is it Si?

(I say this is silly)
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    What exactly are the specifics of *African Pagan* and why is it Si?

(I say this is silly)
    I think you've hit the nail on the head.