Thread: Fcuk you personality cafe!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fcuk you personality cafe!

Just got myself banned. For the second time. Ah well, it's their loss. One less person over there who actually knows what they are talking about. Banned for being an enfp and not following the rules like any self respecting enfp would.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    Just got myself banned.
    I'm really sorry to hear that.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now now @Eye of the Potato you should know very well that Lance likes to pretend he is an ENFP when he isn't using his admin privileges to read the pms on perc.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should visit the Hobbits in Isengard!

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you are refugee, no?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Now now @Eye of the Potato you should know very well that Lance likes to pretend he is an ENFP when he isn't using his admin privileges to read the pms on perc.
    Oh jesus. They'll have a great laugh at my expense so.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    So you are refugee, no?
    I suppose. I was trying to get everyone over there on the Socionics train, but to be honest the way things have gone with my life, I don't know what to think any more. It's all so confusing. Maybe I should just become a Scientologist.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why did you get banned from Perc?

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe next time you shouldn't abuse your privileges.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I flip a coin, what do you reckon my chances are of getting head, MisterNi.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got myself banned. For the second time. Ah well, it's their loss. One less person over there who actually knows what they are talking about. Banned for being an enfp and not following the rules like any self respecting enfp would.
    You'll find the same trend everywhere.. here we've pushed the heathens back pretty far.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ghostbanned! *hi5*
    언제나.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I must say I had a very stylish coat from FCUK.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congrats fuck that place in the ass with a rusted chainsaw
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    So you are refugee, no?
    Yes. We be Haitians.

Seriously though, they're fscked for life so a decent human being would help out be helping the underprivileged in any way possible.
    Last edited by MisterNi; 10-22-2011 at 03:38 PM.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Why did you get banned from Perc?
    I got banned before, but I kept coming back under a different username. The reason I got banned the first time was because there was this one asshole who tried to dominate the istp forum and I always put him in his place. Like a true asshole, he went off running to the mods like a crybaby. I refused to run off to the mods like a pussy, so I got banned while he got to stay. Admitedly, I was a bit overeager about the whole duality thing, and since duality is treated with suspicion on PerC (back then it was, it's becoming a bit more acceptable now- thanks to me in some ways) so I can see why people thought I was a trouble maker.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    You'll find the same trend everywhere.. here we've pushed the heathens back pretty far.
    I read a thread on this site suggesting there be a forum prison. Maybe a forum court should be set up instead. Too many good people get banned. I've written to the mods on a number of occasions, when I noticed a member, who I knew to be intelligent, found themselves banned. I mean, it's a forum set up for people to find out how different types function. Isn't it a bit ridiculous to ban someone for doing what is natural for their type? One intj was banned for being sarcastic to a bunch of enfj's. I managed to get his ban reduced from life to a month. Maybe if certian members can't get along, they could go to see the mediators, to help iron their differences out. There are usually reasons behind why a person is acting out. This is a forum that is supposed to have insight into people's behaviour, so why not apply those insights?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Congrats fuck that place in the ass with a rusted chainsaw
    LOL, but it's not that bad really. I was just mad that I got banned.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a thread on this site suggesting there be a forum prison. Maybe a forum court should be set up instead. Too many good people get banned. I've written to the mods on a number of occasions, when I noticed a member, who I knew to be intelligent, found themselves banned. I mean, it's a forum set up for people to find out how different types function. Isn't it a bit ridiculous to ban someone for doing what is natural for their type? One intj was banned for being sarcastic to a bunch of enfj's. I managed to get his ban reduced from life to a month. Maybe if certian members can't get along, they could go to see the mediators, to help iron their differences out. There are usually reasons behind why a person is acting out. This is a forum that is supposed to have insight into people's behaviour, so why not apply those insights?
    I agree with this. If only hkkmr sees the wisdom in such a system.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I agree with this. If only hkkmr sees the wisdom in such a system.
    Where there's a will, there's a way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's where you went. I thought it seemed uncharacteristically boring there as of late. No matter....it appears PerC is enduring some rather severe technical difficulties at the moment anyhow. Their hosting service WiredTree appears to be up though. Perhaps someone forgot to pay their bills, underestimated the importance of redundancy or good security. Then again, perhaps they had an IP change that has yet to propagate...though I find it rather doubtful seeing as all email updates have ceased, and attempts to connect from several remote locations have also failed. Either way, you're not missing much. I'm probably crazy for staying up until 0300 troubleshooting network problems for fun...whatever.
    Last edited by Tempest09; 10-25-2011 at 07:40 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest09 View Post
    So that's where you went. I thought it seemed uncharacteristically boring there as of late. No matter....it appears PerC is enduring some rather severe technical difficulties at the moment anyhow. Their hosting service WiredTree appears to be up though. Perhaps someone forgot to pay their bills, underestimated the importance of redundancy or good security. Then again, perhaps they had an IP change that has yet to propagate...though I find it rather doubtful seeing as all email updates have ceased, and attempts to connect from several remote locations have also failed. Either way, you're not missing much. I'm probably crazy for staying up until 0300 troubleshooting network problems for fun...whatever.
    AW! That's so sweet of you to say. I read that someone posted that I had multi-accounts, and this is why I was banned. It's kind of bugging me, that people over there think I'm a creepy multi-account holder. Being banned, and coming back under a different username, isn't quite the same thing as having another account, and pretending to be someone else. Although I will confess, I did set up another account 2 years ago to try to catch out an enemy istp. Do you remember AEIOU? If I had seen my plan through, it would have been hilarious. But it wasn't to be. Thinking about it now, the mods were perfectly in their rights to ban me. lol.

Maybe it's down due to the voodoo robot I made. I blindfolded him and spun him around really really really fast. muwahahaha.

It's cool that you tried to troubleshoot just for fun. Do you work with computers for a living? Maybe you should try to contact them and offer your services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AW! That's so sweet of you to say. I read that someone posted that I had multi-accounts, and this is why I was banned. It's kind of bugging me, that people over there think I'm a creepy multi-account holder. Being banned, and coming back under a different username, isn't quite the same thing as having another account, and pretending to be someone else. Although I will confess, I did set up another account 2 years ago to try to catch out an enemy istp. Do you remember AEIOU? If I had seen my plan through, it would have been hilarious. But it wasn't to be. Thinking about it now, the mods were perfectly in their rights to ban me. lol.

Maybe it's down due to the voodoo robot I made. I blindfolded him and spun him around really really really fast. muwahahaha.

It's cool that you tried to troubleshoot just for fun. Do you work with computers for a living? Maybe you should try to contact them and offer your services.
    Yeah, systems integration and lab management mostly...which basically means I do everything from running electrical and network wire to installing/configuring/fixing switches, routers, fibre channel equipment, storage arrays, servers and operating systems. Add a touch of system engineering and I'm kind of a jack of all trades I suppose. I could offer my services, but I'm pretty happy in DoD land....good pay and wide berth when people find out who I do work for.

(edit)
    AEIOU was before my time. I've seen a few of his/her posts floating around in necroland, but that's about it.
    "Patience: noun. A minor form of despair, often disguised as a virtue." - Ambrose Bierce

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest09 View Post
    Yeah, systems integration and lab management mostly...which basically means I do everything from running electrical and network wire to installing/configuring/fixing switches, routers, fibre channel equipment, storage arrays, servers and operating systems. Add a touch of system engineering and I'm kind of a jack of all trades I suppose. I could offer my services, but I'm pretty happy in DoD land....good pay and wide berth when people find out who I do work for.

(edit)
    AEIOU was before my time. I've seen a few of his/her posts floating around in necroland, but that's about it.
    Sounds very technical. I wish I knew more about how all those things work. When someone starts to go into too much detail, my eyes just start to glaze over though. I wish they didn't, because I'd love to be self sufficient in every possible way. I'm looking into setting up an aquaponics system, and to have it computerized would be the shit. Not sure if that would even be possible, but it would be cool not to have to test the ph and all the other maintenance type tasks.

What's DoD? Department of Defence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds very technical. I wish I knew more about how all those things work. When someone starts to go into too much detail, my eyes just start to glaze over though. I wish they didn't, because I'd love to be self sufficient in every possible way. I'm looking into setting up an aquaponics system, and to have it computerized would be the shit. Not sure if that would even be possible, but it would be cool not to have to test the ph and all the other maintenance type tasks.

What's DoD? Department of Defence?
    Department of Defence, yes.

As for becoming more computer savvy, my best advice would be to just jump in and start playing with them. You can read all the "how to" articles/forums and subject specific books you want, but it's doubtful they'll keep you terribly interested, or that you'll even retain a majority of the knowledge conveyed. I tend to learn best when I have a specific problem to solve, and look for relevant learning material when needed. The best advantage you can ever have is an actual system in front of you to play on. Even better, might be a Linux system, as they encourage exploring, force you to solve problems and generally come with manual pages which cover just about everything you'd ever need to know about the system. If you're looking for books though, just about any of the offerings from O'Reilly are excellent resources.

Your aquaponics system would be an excellent problem to try to solve. I know there are a multitude of environmental monitoring systems to choose from that allow you to send email, phone, sms and snmp alerts, as well as forwarding their logs to a computer. Many of them will monitor temperature, humidity, presence of standing water, sound levels, motion, open/closed contacts (door sensors) as well as the presence of airborne chemicals. Many also allow the addition of indoor/outdoor day/night video cameras. I'm sure someone likely offers a pH sensor as well. In theory, you could set up a monitoring system, with a web page that allows you to log in and check the sensor status. Set up a log server to collect and archive sensor logs in a database (postgreSQL or mySQL are open source freeware if you like SQL databases) for metrics collection. You could likely get into some automation by scripting a computer system to react to sensor readings to turn on/off water supplies, add fertilizers, turn on/off lamps, etc. The key is to lay out your needs, and start with a basic system design that you can expand upon. Most people don't set out to build a full blown system and then deploy it. Instead, they start small and add functionality as needed or as they are able to. Break it up into sections, and focus on each piece individually, otherwise you'll be overwhelmed.
    "Patience: noun. A minor form of despair, often disguised as a virtue." - Ambrose Bierce

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent advice. Although any time I try to sort a problem on my laptop, I end up getting frustrated. Better to leave it to someone who enjoys that sort of thing.

I was thinking, aquaponiocs would be a great thing for an istp to get into. With all the mercury building up in the fish all over the world, I think aquaponics will eventually become a necessity. An istp could make a lot of money developing a neat, computerised aquaponics system and bringing it to market. I've looked around, and all the systems I have seen look really ugly. My plan is to make mine look the shit. Mine is going to have waterfalls and hobbit towers and all kinds of cool. Everyone is going to want one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sucks to be banned for who you are