Thread: SLEs/ESTps and liking sports

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLEs/ESTps and liking sports

None of the SLEs I know, really enjoy sports. One of them likes tennis (watching and playing). Another one used to enjoy boxing and will still watch it from time to time. But the other two or three don't have use for ANY sports whatsoever. And they all hate golf.

I find that kind of interesting. Maybe just coincidental tho.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Well, when it comes to sports, beta quadra members take it seriously. I have noticed that amateur soccer teams, karate schools, gyms, etc are filled with beta people. They seem to feel at ease when "fighting". Speaking on watching sports, the SLEs I know love it.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two SLE friends used to be pretty good football players. They were kind of built like stereotypical linebackers. They don't play anymore, but that's mostly about age. It's kind of odd you don't know any like that though. Sports are kind of popular in general. I mean, I self-type IEI, and played a lot of basketball when I was younger. That was partly my dad's influence, but I was also into skateboarding on my own.. I had some bad wipeouts so I don't do it as much, but I still keep a board in my car just in case.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... SLEs I know aren't much into sports, but that's 'cause I don't hang out with people in general that would be into sports. I do think the sports team mentality is fairly typical of SLEs though. I have one SLE friend who plays golf, but he doesn't like it so much.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My little SLE cousin is obsessed with basketball and is really good at it. I couldn't generalize from the SLEs I know if it's something that most enjoy or not.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The SLE I know are very physically built, big and tough looking, but very soft, emotionally. LOL. My SLE friend did not like the idea of physical contact in hockey, although he was built like a brick wall at 6'4"; he does enjoy golf. He said he passed hockey up because he saw what happened to the men and he didn't want to get beat up.

SLI are much more likely to participate in baseball, football, soccer. I have seen SLE cyclists. Seems like SLE like sports that involve long practice, skill building, detail orientation, and dedication.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLE I know are very physically built
    Same here. My very good SLE friend has a set of calves on her that make mine look pathetic...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the ones I know love to work out but can take or leave watching football or basketball on tv. Maybe they're more participatory than spectator.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frankly don't know that many SLEs. Of the ones I do, most do enjoy sports. They're a fun challenge.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I frankly don't know that many SLEs. Of the ones I do, most do enjoy sports. They're a fun challenge.
    Lol like you would be a much of a sport man with that fatty stomach of yours and being so lazy. You are so fake

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some SLEs I know enjoy sports, some don't. My father doesn't - he competed in and enjoyed wrestling and boxing in college, but that's really as far as his involvement with sports ever extended. He'd generally-speaking rather play chess or Risk than football, and would rather watch stock market trends than the Superbowl. In fact, my Si-ego and probably ESE mother (a lukewarm baseball fan and college softball player) cares more about sports than he does, and often wondered why he never really seemed to at all care for taking me outside to do typical sports-related father-son things like practicing batting and catching. Start a debate on where Napoleon screwed up at Waterloo, however, and he'll rant all night.

My uncle, on the other hand, does greatly enjoy sports, specifically individual ones that he's participating in personally. He's an extreme sports junkie - even in his early 50s, he still snowboards, sky dives, jet skis, and bungee and base jumps. Skiing isn't exciting enough a challenge for him, so he's been known to jump off the lift upwards while it's still in motion for a bigger rush. It can all be boiled down to one word: adrenaline.
    Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 07-12-2011 at 03:30 AM.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I always picture the typical sports jock as an SLE. heh

I think some of the most talented entertainers and athletes I've seen are SLEs

---

Here's one description relating their physical build + relation to sports:

"Front, Right brained ESTPs are prominent and prolific in sports. Not every ESTP is brash or macho, yet this is often the pattern. ESTPs are normally in excellent condition and well-built, more so than any other type. Whether male or female, they will pump iron and/or exercise. Their lives are centered around their bodies, which often resemble that of Greek gods. This fixation often leads them into sports, where they can excel in many fields. ..."

---

Here's a description of a stereotypical appearance/personality of ESTPs:

Appearance: relaxed, untailored clothing (normally) yet may dress fashionably (even daringly) for the occasion, jewelry not uncommon on men, women are often slightly masculine or strong, flamboyant, body conscious, often well-built and in shape, muscular, hard look, aggressive, provocative, teasing, athletic.

Personality: risk-taking, energetic yet in a stress-free way, engaging the world, free-spirit, usually athletic, speaks quickly and simply, not a conversationalist, may be a poor listener, self-centered, self-directed, egotistical, proud, exciting, impetuous, impulsive, may be foolhardy, reckless, hotheaded, cunning, street smart, opportunistic, often short tempered.

Just examine the meaning of those adjectives - are they not perfectly designed for sports?

Last edited by Computer Loser; 07-12-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think SLEs generally have good bodies though, if they get to the point where they're unfit they'll smash it until they're ok again, then leave it for a while. I get the feeling they see being overweight/unfit as a sign of weakness or poor discipline.
    Yes, I know THREE middle-aged SLEs, all of whom are (or have been recently) overweight and have gone back to the gym to whip themselves back into shape. They do see it as a weakness and comment about it a lot. They love to eat though! hehe
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My SLE cousin is very much into sports. Alot of them I know seem to be into sports, though that might be coincidental, too.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the Se subtype SLEs seems to be prone to hedonism

also is it just me or do they tend to look older than their age? cuz out of the SLEs I've met so far practically all looked more mature than their real age ... or may be it's just the smoking because several of them were smokers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    the Se subtype SLEs seems to be prone to hedonism

also is it just me or do they tend to look older than their age? cuz out of the SLEs I've met so far practically all looked more mature than their real age ... or may be it's just the smoking because several of them were smokers
    all of the ones I know are hedonistic. they try to hide it sometimes though. heh.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not type related, but more so physical ability related.

Unless some bodybuilder guy who's usually a coward, heh.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Haha, it's becoming a chick thread of things I don't notice.

Me? She's 37 but tits like a 24 year old, but what about kids in the future? She's getting on a bit, likes a drink, not good for fertility, which is of course ok depending on the type of relationship/how much I want to be around her.