Thread: Frank Ocean

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah he does that arrow to your heart thing that IEIs are known for. He also has sexy eyes. =)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite Frank Ocean song:

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma introvert ~vibes~

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESI, likely the rare and elusive e4 kind
    he has that wary untrusting look of the type.. I've also checked an interview of his and hoooly static constructions, if not ESI then he has to be some other Ixxj type

edit: ESI-Fi sp/sx 4w3 or 3w4

Last edited by silke; 07-22-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he's IJ, then ESI. i don't think he is a not-gamma type.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't he IEI?

I thought IEI from his interview.

If he is ESI. I want to be his kind of ESI because it seems nice. and chill. and solid. I wanna be an e4... *pouts*

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump. Se-creative? (Start at 0:10)

^^(Director/guy at the beginning, ILI?)
    --
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-30-2014 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"i see nothing wrong with liking things that other people like. solidarity can be cool. i’m not judging you. you’re still an individual. i’ll even call you ‘indie’ if that makes you feel better."

"self-serving, arrogant, pretentious, controlling, stubborn, inconsistent, morally grey… gorgeous, modest, compassionate, genius, honest, kind, reliable, rare human being. i’ll take the positive and not so positive adjectives about me in stride."

"living. it’s a plain difference from dead. seen a dead body this afternoon. the people who felt they had that body in their lives, have to let it go. the memories of the life that used that body are just as finite as the bodies of those who remember him. the woman or man that enjoyed that mans body, will only have the thin almost holographic recollections for as long as they live. then again, who knows how long we live, and if life goes on after these heartbeats stop. who knows where life went when it left that body. who knows if it went anywhere, not you. matters of faith, are matters of faith and faith is not knowing. what i know is that when i see a body without life, i feel sort of childish. a kid in a big complicated existence. a game with no rules and no point of winning other than for the sport of it. like the things i know and have learned mean nothing really. a feeling of confusion about the point. a bone chilling awareness of my mortality. still i wanna live. live and bring other lives into this world to live and die as well. some would say we are one consciousness divided. i would say we’ll find out. but we do not know that. eh. life. where’s my fuckin lighter."

"i’ve been meaning to write you more. different hotels every night aren’t so bad really. in fact- all the moving house could inspire a photo series.. not for the gram, knowing me it’s probably only for whoever controls my estate in the future and enthusiastically develops all the rolls of film i forgot to. i’m in belgium, just 7 concerts into a tour with an ambiguous ending. i’d tour for a year if it didn’t interrupt my recording or my weekend driving. i really wanted to go to cairo in between europe and australia.. might let things settle some.. go to south africa instead and place some flowers on a gate for the president. for being epic and 94. i write on paper at night. my tour manager gave me a small powder blue book at the beginning of this run with gold embossed lettering on the cover that reads ‘one line a day’.. it’s easier than you’d think to narrow the entire cinema of your day into one sentence. i never read them back in the morning. whenever morning is.. even my macbook clock can’t keep up. all the travel isn’t in support of an album or anything like that really- past or ahead. there’s no label or touring firm dollars involved. all pennies from my pocket. in support of some odd daydream. ops to photograph crowds and clouds from planes. contrast all the quiet with some noise. new noise and old noise..sober crowd, faaded crowd. all welcome"

"LA is a bubble, one large iridescent bubble.. soap and ocean water. floating. at least it lets the planes out. & only the ears pop, never the bubble. after you leave a while you’ll miss it. although, you can really miss the worst things.. a cigarette, a doomed bus. easy tiger, i hold a deep affection for los angeles and it’s oppressive sunshine. moms is moving here this summer, my kid brother’s going to middle school. middle school. fuck, i’m getting old.. in los angeles. "

"mind is pretty blank right now. i’m sitting in my kitchen listening to age of consent by new order. i like this song.. i fuck with that gwen stefani song ‘cool’ too, i never knew 3000 played keyboards on it- sounds like some teen coming of age movie. i used my birthday week pass to stay in my apartment for too long.. sit still and catch up on some information. i saw that movie ‘glengarry glen ross’ and ‘bottle rocket’, ‘pi’, ‘blackfish’ (sea world is the devil), ‘this is the end’ (hahaha), ‘the purge’(smh), some funny horror movie i forgot the name of ‘…’ . my homie in aussie suggested that i read ‘mr. norris changes trains’.. the writing was really nice. i read ‘the new jim crow’ it made me not fuck with humans for an hour. oh and ‘diffficult men’ which talked about great tv ..dexter, the wire, the sopranos, breaking bad and whatnot. i didn’t watch any news or read it …figured all that shit was gonna happen either way. i’m back to work these days. "

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Why isn't he IEI?
    That quote in the OP where he talks about being able to stand right next to someone and not know if they're hurting is soooo Fi-valuing. IEIs devalue internal feeling and value external emoting.

At 0:42 in this video, Kurt talks about how IEIs view emotion. It is emoting (Fe) + energy (Se). The reason why "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is so popular, despite no one knowing the lyrics, is because Kurt is a master of manipulating emotive fields + energy. It takes the listener on a rollercoaster of fierce/loud, calm/soft, fierce/loud. It has a sort-of mirage quality, which I don't think is what Ocean is about. I think he is about sincerity (Fi).

My vote is for ESI, too.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank Ocean is an ESI-Se.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.

Last edited by Averroes; 10-01-2021 at 02:04 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Fi-ESI 9w1 Sp/Sx. He's a soft, sensitive guy on the surface who also happens to be very pragmatic and materialistic behind the scenes as evidenced by his recent venture into high end jewelry and the way he ended his def jam contract

“I didn’t want our work to be any less expensive than Cartier,” he says matter-of-factly. In person he is modest but straightforward. He knows he’s talented as much as he knows he is a focus of fascination for many, but he wears this knowledge lightly. Contrary to the standard digital-first strategy for launching a retail business in the 2020s, Homer is arriving via a bricks-and-mortar store in the downtown jewellery district of Manhattan. It won’t be available online, though you can order by phone. If you want to buy it, you have to see and feel it first.

Frank Ocean is an empire-building individual. “I don’t find business boring, I really enjoy it,” he says. He is worth an estimated $13m, and famous for doing things in an unexpected way.
    The power of jewellery, says Ocean, is how he can use it to create a feeling. It’s a personal thing for him and makes him feel positive. I’m reminded of the stories of Andy Warhol carrying priceless diamonds in his breast pocket – close to him but invisible, just for the hell and thrill of it. “I seldom appear on stage,” says Ocean, “and I keep things to myself. But I’m perfectly happy wearing $3m worth of jewellery and going to the studio, or for a walk in the desert.”
    https://www.ft.com/content/7eae6d13-...4-642fbf337bb9
    Last edited by Averroes; 08-09-2021 at 05:47 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think ESI-Se, but now IEI-Ni; I saw a photo of him where he V.I.s like an IEI-Ni friend I have.

Only thing is, is that he's kind of more negative than the IEI-Ni friend and more negative than they tend to be except in his lyrics. Also, he talks about relationships, who he loves in his music which would seem more Gamma SF than ILI. And as silke pointed out, he seems kind of like a static type; he seems Ij although some IEI-Ni seem kind of Ij.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!