Thread: ISFp or ISTp?

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp or ISTp?

In theory, their differences seem obvious, I know.
    Between these two mediums, however, I can't quite pinpoint where I belong, and how exactly these differences will manifest in reality.

I'm not really a stereotypical fit for either of these types, and I'm not confident enough in socionics to really make any defining judgments without questioning my own knowledge and self-awareness.

With that said... Are there any questions you can ask me to help me figure this out? Or give your own insight as to how they act in reality?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell us about one or two of your friends.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    Between these two mediums, however, I can't quite pinpoint where I belong, and how exactly these differences will manifest in reality.

I'm not really a stereotypical fit for either of these types, and I'm not confident enough in socionics to really make any defining judgments without questioning my own knowledge and self-awareness.

With that said... Are there any questions you can ask me to help me figure this out? Or give your own insight as to how they act in reality?
    Well, what are some of the most important things in life to you? What about the least?

And imagine if you entered a room full of people, what would be the first thing you notice?

Oh yeah...

If you have any, but mainly want to, pictures can help others further assess your type.

are you easily irritated?do you get angry often? were/are your parents easy-going or strict?

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    Tell us about one or two of your friends.
    Well, alright. I'm not great with descriptions, though.

One of them is scatterbrained. Random humor, classic joker. I like his sense of humor, we seem to create a string of jokes about the most random, idiotic topics and somehow make them ridiculous enough to sound funny. What I don't like is the fact that he can't understand when I need to be left alone - it grates me when he doesn't know when to let me be. It's strange that he doesn't, since I've been told that I give nasty faces when I'm tired or stressed.
    We don't really talk about anything deep, just superficial idiocy. It's fun.

Another one of them is quiet at first glance, rather laid-back, reactionary. Laughs a lot, but doesn't say much unless he knows you well. He's talkative to people he's comfortable with. Good at drawing, which I'm not. Actually, he's pretty much good at anything that has to do with kinesthetics - baseball, ddr, reflex games, etc.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're ISFp.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Well, what are some of the most important things in life to you? What about the least?

And imagine if you entered a room full of people, what would be the first thing you notice?

Oh yeah...

If you have any, but mainly want to, pictures can help others further assess your type.
    Most important? Being happy in whatever ventures I decide to get into. My family is extremely important to me. Living a low-stress life is up there. Rather general, maybe, but I don't really have anything specific that comes to mind.
    Least important? Pushing myself for no reason - I need motivation (or adrenaline from stress) to actually work. Making money for the sake of it. I'm also not a spender, by any means - if anything, I'm really frugal in financial matters. I don't like to spend money on what I think are unnecessary things that really only add clutter.

That's honestly hard for me to imagine, but I'll give it a shot. I would have to be in the heat of the moment to give you an accurate answer. I'm pretty sure I would try to recognize familiar faces, if there are any. If its just a room full of random people, I'm not sure. I tend to be one of those people who sit down, space out and wait for someone to talk.

Pictures? I had some before, but alright, I'll get around to it.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    you're ISFp.
    Elaborate?

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    are you easily irritated?do you get angry often? were/are your parents easy-going or strict?
    Easily irritated? When I'm tired or stressed, sure, but I'm sure most everyone is the same way.
    Angry? No, not usually, unless someone gets angry at me for the wrong reasons. I push back.
    My dad is easy-going, my mom not so much. She's really pedantic sometimes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elaborate?
    It was just a guess obviously, since I don't know you in real life but a few of the things you said made me think SEI>SLI like enjoying random humor. If you're a guy and asking if you're ISFp or ISTp, I tend to think you're probably ISFp because most guys, no matter what their type, tend to be less emotional than girls because showing emotions is less culturally acceptable for males, in general. You could be ISFp-Si subtype which would make you lean more towards ISTp.

Do you feel like you need more help with emotions/relationships or more help with logic and organization?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    SLI's cannot exist on this forum. Ergo, you are SEI
    heh.

Default do you really live in antarctica?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you react when your dog dies? If you are SLI you will think, "Dog's dead. Humm, guess it was gonna happen sooner or later. That was a good dog. Bright side, Won't have to buy dog food this week. Bye ole friend."

And that's about it.

Works the same for spouse's too.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like me, especially the crazy random jokes. Ask anyone who I talk to online, is that I do is make the emoticon and make puns or make a normal thing absurd.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    That "crazy" sounds so cliche and premeditated to me. I think we define random jokes differently.
    ---

@Default: Kamajama is an Fi type, not an SEI.
    used to think he was SEI though. lol

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinnochio is delusional, and it would do the forum well to automatically place him on block for all members, as a convenience to them. I am SEI and always will be.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are? yay!! Oh yeah... you know what, I think it was the other one who's IEE... the girl. Also starts with a K and I can't think of the name right now.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinocchio is a problem.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Redbaron, I am. Khola says she is IEE, which makes no sense at all. It is fashionable for alpha SF to somehow consider Delta NF typings.

Pinnochio, I am sorry you misunderstand me. I did not just join the forum for laughs and giggles as you think. I took socionics very seriously for nearly two years and studied it, and read articles in english, trying to sort things out. But as time went on, it became boring for me. I lost interest. I was talking to people from all quadras in my real life, and getting along with them. I wondered what my life would be like if i never knew about this systematic way of organizing trends, feelings, and ideas. It is both a blessing and a curse. Of course, there were people in my life who I did not like, who were overly aggressive and rigid , not laughing at my jokes and keeping a stone face, but I kept a smile on and worked with them.

But this does not mean I have little to no understanding simply that I don't care much about socionics. My comment in the video "It's weird" reflects my very spontaneous feeling about socionics, that some people add more importance to it than they should and make it some sort of voodoo art, especially the more esoteric theories.

Even today, (which you will doubt), I am able to determine types with reasonable efficiency, but I just don't care anymore about it. I don't need socionics as a crutch to help me determine whether people like me or not, nor am I able to use it as a warning of people I should stay away from. I am supremely interested in a girl who I type ILI. No motivation without someone pushing her to do things, very passive, only friendly with her best friends, lacks Fe, claims she has no emotions, the whole deal. Without any interest or knowledge in socionics, I would have not known about this supposedly ill-fit relation. But in my heart, love trumps all. I don't care if she is ILI, SLE, or XWK, that is irrelevant to me. She's a human no matter what her preferences are.

However, I know who I am, and socionics has helped me immensely understanding my feelings and my preferences towards certain people.

Sorry Default, I made a little essay in your thread.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bets are on:
    Default: ISTp
    Kamajama: ISFp
    Khola: ISFp
    Pinocchio: douche bag

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    It was just a guess obviously, since I don't know you in real life but a few of the things you said made me think SEI>SLI like enjoying random humor. If you're a guy and asking if you're ISFp or ISTp, I tend to think you're probably ISFp because most guys, no matter what their type, tend to be less emotional than girls because showing emotions is less culturally acceptable for males, in general. You could be ISFp-Si subtype which would make you lean more towards ISTp.

Do you feel like you need more help with emotions/relationships or more help with logic and organization?
    Ah, okay. I gotcha
    I think I need more help in emotions/relationships, but I don't know if that has to pertain with socionics or is simply because of my personality. In hindsight, I feel that I've made a lot of relationship-based blunders, such as saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, saying what should not be said, or just not knowing what to say. I've matured a lot, though, and I feel like I've solved that problem (or at least I think so).

SLI's cannot exist on this forum. Ergo, you are SEI
    Problem solved. Thank you.

Sounds like Introverted Irrational (you) + Extroverted Irrational (the guy), the second part (nasty faces) sounds like you're rather Fe-Creative (SEI, IEI). XLIs are cold and expressively neutral in all the circumstances, XEIs are the other way around.

Can you please tell with what things does he intrude, what kind of matters? The examples are important, they make the difference, usually when someone wants to be left alone, there are things which can arouse him/her, they depend mostly on their type of information, the quadra values.
    If I had to guess, I would say he's either IEE or ILE, actually. As for me, that could be a definite possibility.
    What does he intrude? Hmm...
    Well, I think I like when people are able to read into my emotional state. I'm sure you've had days when you just didn't feel like talking or joking around much - maybe work is piling up, something major happened, you're tired, or maybe just not feeling it. My friend doesn't seem to understand when I want to be alone and when I have these days of 'quiet'.
    If you need something more specific, I would have to think about it.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    Default do you really live in antarctica?
    Only on Wednesdays. Then I come straight home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    How do you react when your dog dies? If you are SLI you will think, "Dog's dead. Humm, guess it was gonna happen sooner or later. That was a good dog. Bright side, Won't have to buy dog food this week. Bye ole friend."
    Ok then, I'm 110% sure I'm SLI since that would be me, verbatim.

You sound like me, especially the crazy random jokes. Ask anyone who I talk to online, is that I do is make the emoticon and make puns or make a normal thing absurd.
    Ah, that's the thing. I don't really do the random jokes online, haha. It's more of a in-person kind of thing, since I think I have to see the person's face and their reactions. I'm less open online, I think.

That "crazy" sounds so cliche and premeditated to me. I think we define random jokes differently.
    ---

@Default: Kamajama is an Fi type, not an SEI.
    It's not my place to say anything about other people's types, haha

But yeah, I have no intention to take the arguments over again, I am just warning Default to be cautious.
    Noted, although I'm sure she must know a little more than you think, no? After all, she's been here a while, I presume.

Sorry Default, I made a little essay in your thread.
    No biggie, free speech, it's the 1st amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    My bets are on:
    Default: ISTp
    Kamajama: ISFp
    Khola: ISFp
    Pinocchio: douche bag
    Taken into consideration

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think you might be SLI, since you tend to respond like I would.

Smartass.
    I find that I tend to respond either sarcastically or in a non-sequitur fashion.
    Douchebag.

Based on what you say I again slightly incline towards SEI, still I was indeed interested in something more specific. Here's an example I can think of:
    - IEEs tend to take SLIs out of their shell with relationship or moral issues, for example making allusions to people who annoyed them, or that they have a bad day, or they remind their peer about some debt, even a formal one, etc. They, the IEEs often when someone is avoiding them, speculate things, naturally SLIs jump to chill them out and to justify themselves or clarify the misunderstandings.
    SEIs don't give a shit about such things, IME.
    - ILEs, on the other hand, can take the SEIs out of their shell with interesting trivial stuff, like showing them some weird thing or asking them provocative questions in the form of a quiz. While SLIs are turned off by such things, SEIs become step-by-step intrigued and interested especially when someone comes with spectacular things.

So yeah, I hope you get the idea, these are not the only differences, but overall.
    Ok, I gotcha. It would take deeper thinking on my part, then. That kind of question is hard for me to answer, since I'm not especially in tune with how I am intrinsically unless I'm right in the moment.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the Forum
    Thanks, although I'll probably only be here when I need some help.

I made up my mind, between the two: SLI

If you feel like, my mission is accomplished .
    Changed your mind from that response? Hmm.
    What should I chalk up to my traits uncharacteristic of SLI to, then? Nuances of personality?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't change my mind because I had no previous opinion. It was not only that anyway, above I have written that IMO your writing is very similar to three guys I type (ad AFAIK this is how they type themselves) as SLI.

Nuances? Maybe, your famous "faces", probably .
    Well, ok. You had a slight inclination, then.

I had originally thought I was SLI, but I tend to question my self-typing since I'm a bit more expressive than people say are 'typical' for SLIs. Still on the fence, but leaning toward SLI again.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No! Please don't go by what people here say about SLI's and outward expressions. They seriously think we should be a buncha fucking robots and any little sign of outward emotion instantly nullifies SLI status.
    AND THE EMMY GOES TO YOU MY FRIEND LOKI; MAY YOU LIVE LONG AND FULFILLED LIFE

SAME APPLIES TO INFJ/EII; we have lot's of internal emotions. True, our cap writing does not make it show or feel that way, but it is representative of the inner feelings, not outward ones.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No! Please don't go by what people here say about SLI's and outward expressions. They seriously think we should be a buncha fucking robots and any little sign of outward emotion instantly nullifies SLI status.
    Hmm, okay.
    So what you're telling me is... you're definitely not a robot?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Based on what you say I again slightly incline towards SEI, still I was indeed interested in something more specific. Here's an example I can think of:
    - IEEs tend to take SLIs out of their shell with relationship or moral issues, for example making allusions to people who annoyed them, or that they have a bad day, or they remind their peer about some debt, even a formal one, etc. They, the IEEs often when someone is avoiding them, speculate things, naturally SLIs jump to chill them out and to justify themselves or clarify the misunderstandings.
    SEIs don't give a shit about such things, IME.
    - ILEs, on the other hand, can take the SEIs out of their shell with interesting trivial stuff, like showing them some weird thing or asking them provocative questions in the form of a quiz. While SLIs are turned off by such things, SEIs become step-by-step intrigued and interested especially when someone comes with spectacular things.
    This is interesting, Pied Piper. I am currently trying to figure out my type, and I relate to both SEI and SLI type descriptions (Yes, I know I should be learning the functions and not relying on descriptive texts, blah blah blah, but I find type descriptions a useful place to start, and we all have to start somewhere. Anyways.)

What do you mean when you say "they remind their peer about some debt" - do you mean IEEs remind SLIs about some debt the SLI has toward the IEE? Would you say that SEIs are aware of debts/obligations towards others and just choose to downplay them, or are they generally unaware?
    Some kind of Ixxp. Who knows.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request