View Poll Results: What is Mountain Dew's type?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTj

1 3.03%
  • ESFj

9 27.27%
  • ENTp

5 15.15%
  • ISFp

0 0%
  • ISTj

1 3.03%
  • ENFj

1 3.03%
  • ESTp

15 45.45%
  • INFp

1 3.03%
  • INTp

0 0%
  • ESFp

5 15.15%
  • ENTj

0 0%
  • ISFj

0 0%
  • ISTp

0 0%
  • ENFp

4 12.12%
  • ESTj

3 9.09%
  • INFj

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain Dew's Type

Creepy-Snaps

Default Mountain Dew's Type

No, not another ranting thread lol. (Even though it could possibly become one, depending how strongly people argue their points on here. )

Professional socionics debate only please. I feel the need to create a thread about my type, rather than "hijack" other threads. Please argue my type here, instead of other threads.

Obviously I still think I'm SLE (ESTp). But I'd just like people to get their opinions out here. I know, while there are those who agree with me (pianosinger, redbaron, twitch, Jarno, Gilly, etc.), there are plenty who disagree with me (Maritsa thinking I'm LSI because of clear Ti leading, WA and Parasite think I'm ILE, The Egbert Human doesn't see Ti, Aleksei (not sure exactly what he thinks, but just disagrees with SLE in general I know), while others like ananke, Mariella, Starfall, Jenna, etc. remain neutral, saying I'm still too new. And there are many of you which I haven't mentioned, and I'm curious to know your opinions as well!

So do you 1)agree with ESTp 2)disagree 3)remain neutral? Again, opinions/debate welcome.

I should also mention, please don't focus too much lately on my blowup about a week ago lol. Like I said before, the real reason wasn't the criticism of my type (although wrong arguments obviously annoy me ), but rather crap that's been going on in my real life lately (changing jobs, argument with the girlfriend, etc. ). So PLEASE consider the entirety of my posts here, over the past several months.

To the people who say, why do I care what others think? If deep down I'm positive I'm SLE? Well, because I'm still new and learning. It's not so set-in-stone yet.

If people would like to ask me questions, like I were a completely new forum member they're trying to type, I will try to respond to them too, when I have time.

If you antagonize me or try to fight with me, harass me, etc., I may just ignore you. And that isn't necessarily because I don't have a better response to top what you said, but simply that I'm taking the high road.

I think that covers everything for now. So, what do you all think?

EDIT:

Added a video.
    Last edited by Snaps; 02-16-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Creepy-male

Creepy-Snaps

Poll added. You may select more than one option. Votes are anonymous. Thank you.
    Last edited by Snaps; 02-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Creepy-Snaps

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Professional socionics debate only please.
    lol, good luck with that.

EDIT: I took a look at your VI thread. Your face expression reminds me of Matt Damon and another guy who I think is SLE.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    What the hell, thought I'd toss it out there..
    Nothing wrong with tossing out an idea to get started lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I like you MD, but I'll admit something feels a bit off about SLE for you... can't really put my finger on it.
    I love IEIs. Trying to figure out your feelings/guts and chasing to identify what I can do to solve the problem. Can you think of any reason why it doesn't feel right? What do you think of my posts?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Lol I know. Figured it was kind of an oxymoron, but I have it in there as kind of a disclaimer at least.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Hey, I'd like you to do more than watch too, ya know. Even if you repeat yourself from before, or just copy/paste your post from the other thread. Why you don't see Ti.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously I still think I'm SLE (ESTp).
    What about a video?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Not sure. Much of your self-presentation here is skewed atm and strikes me as tryhard.
    Yes. Which is why I mentioned to please think of my posts over the past several months, albeit there aren't as many, and the vast majority of my posts have been of late, when I have been stressed with life and everything.

I'd like to think of my posts in the beginning as polite and friendly, although some have mentioned, and I agree with, they are a bit 'superficial' looking back. Although perhaps that's typical of anyone when they're meeting new people. Oh well, no worries mate!

Glad you hate me btw . Tells me I must be doing something right.
    You're welcome. Sometimes I also enjoy getting a reaction out of people/trolling a bit, but you throw out types for people it seems just to upset them. Get under their skin. It's like you don't even try to honestly evaluate their type.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    What about a video?
    Oooh, that's a great idea! Been on my to-do list, but I keep brushing it back. I'll see about making a video soon, actually doing it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are probably a LSI E-8. you are very similar to another user here, Jimbean.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post

EDIT: I took a look at your VI thread. Your face expression reminds me of Matt Damon and another guy who I think is SLE.
    exact same thoughts here on both counts. lol Actually I wasn't thinking of Matt Damon specifically, just that he MD VIs as SLE, imo.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

video would be cool.

I like you MD. Therefore (do you like my professional reasoning here?):

either you are ILE and I am SEI

or

you are SLE and I am IEI.

IEI-Fe 4w3

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really read your posts that much, so I don't have that great a sense of you. I will say that I think you VI EXTp, and that what little I have read feels more alpha than beta. So I'll tentatively say ENTp, but I'm still very open.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I think you are probably a LSI E-8. you are very similar to another user here, Jimbean.
    okay, he does look a little bit like Jimbean. I can see what you're saying with that. I think we need a video to be sure. Jimbean thought for a long time that he was ILE also, remember?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone else who looks a bit like Jimbean...
    From Filatova's SLE portraits:
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

!! That looks like MD!! (more than JB, imo) wow.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, perhaps I don't remember Jimbeans face well . But ya I'm lovin these photos.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MD is ESTp. The people who were wrong about his type need to learn from this occasion.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    video would be cool.

I like you MD. Therefore (do you like my professional reasoning here?):

either you are ILE and I am SEI

or

you are SLE and I am IEI.

Ooh lala. Very professional reasoning, yes lol. I'm happily taken right now!

Thank you all for your opinions so far. I gotta go for now, but will try to respond better later.

Note to self: in addition to a video, was suggested in chat (ty Aiss) for a longer writing sample, when I haven't been stressed, as of late. Will try to get a video/writing sample later.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've learned that my initial impression of MD as Alpha Extrovert should have been Merry Extrovert.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I know of the cognitive styles, MD's posts, and posts of other members on here, I would like to think that ENTp makes sense for him. The way he argues is very similar to the way other ENTps on here do, which is apparently a causal-determinist style: it's a "let's assume this, then draw direct conclusions from these assumptions" sort of thinking that I've never seen ESTps do and see lots of ENTps do (Gul, Aleksei, Shindaiwa, Gilly to some extent). There seems to be this weird pattern of alphas who think they're ESTp on the grounds that they're "aggressive" or whatever, while the ESTps I've known never attribute those characteristics to themselves, nor have I really seen them be aggressive in the malicious sense that people seem to assume.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Based on what I know of the cognitive styles, MD's posts, and posts of other members on here, I would like to think that ENTp makes sense for him. The way he argues is very similar to the way other ENTps on here do, which is apparently a causal-determinist style: it's a "let's assume this, then draw direct conclusions from these assumptions" sort of thinking that I've never seen ESTps do and see lots of ENTps do (Gul, Aleksei, Shindaiwa, Gilly to some extent). There seems to be this weird pattern of alphas who think they're ESTp on the grounds that they're "aggressive" or whatever, while the ESTps I've known never attribute those characteristics to themselves, nor have I really seen them be aggressive in the malicious sense that people seem to assume.
    Half the people you listed as ENTps are not. And I'm not aggressive in a malicious sense at all. I love people.

And in general, I think a lot of people suspecting me being ENTp... was because I self-typed that way for several months, remember? So it subconsciously affirmed in their minds that I was ENTp. When really that might not be the case.

Describing how I mean "aggressive" can be difficult. Not sure if I even want to try lol, cause it's bound to get misinterpreted at some point.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half the people you listed as ENTps are not.
    I'm not gonna play this game, but yeah they are.

And in general, I think a lot of people suspecting me being ENTp... was because I self-typed that way for several months, remember? So it subconsciously affirmed in their minds that I was ENTp. When really that might not be the case.
    I didn't pay much attention to your posts several months ago, so that's not part of it for me. I can't say if it's part of it for anybody else either.

Describing how I mean "aggressive" can be difficult. Not sure if I even want to try lol, cause it's bound to get misinterpreted at some point.
    Humor us, not that it'll really matter in the long run.

Creepy-Snaps

How a person responds under stress can be type-revealing. Though suffice to say, my general impression of you isn't primarily derived from your recent actions. I can, however, tell you that I doubt an ESTp would've been reacting in the way you've conducted yourself.
    Agreed it can be revealing. I uncharacteristically blew my composure, started attacking anyone/everyone for no good reason, or based off of a simple disagreement, and got picky about every little detail and every wrong thing I perceived, and felt the need to prove others wrong. That last part, the need to prove others wrong, I get all the time , stressed or not, but needless to say, I lost my composure.

Thanks for at least trying Ashton. If I may ask you to try more, how was my reaction uncharacteristic of an ESTp under immense stress, might I ask?

I'm not gonna play this game, but yeah they are.
    I don't think either Aleksei or Gilly are ENTp. They don't self-type that way either... if you think they are ENTp, then that's more proof that I'm not... I'm not that much like them, really... Gilly more than Aleksei, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    From forum interaction - I don't like typing by this, it's completely artificial. All I can say is, I get the impression I would like you.

From photos - You look a lot like one of my bf's best friends. It's actually kind of bizarre.

He's ESFx, I think. That doesn't mean too much, I'm going to wait for a video

From self-description - Mainly going from your "new to socionics" thread: Wow. Definitely extroverted, especially if your writing style in that thread reflects how you talk...

I agree with Jenna, I get the impression of ILE or SEE or SLE, and I'd add ESE to the list. My order would be SEE = SLE > ILE >> ESE.

S: There are a lot of little things that suggest S > N - I could go and highlight all the things from your intro thread but I don't think anyone wants to see that. Two things are your attitude to sports and your description of your leadership style.

SEE: You're just so cheerful! Both in VI and in that thread... obviously there could be non-type-related reasons for that though.

SLE: You seem more open minded than what I'd expect from an SLE. Also you use a lot more smileys, and in my interactions with them, SLEs tend to come off as a bit more standoffish and cold than you do... but I've generally thought of you as SLE and I've never read a post of yours where I've gone, "Definitely not SLE".

Sooo.... waiting on that video!
    Lots of points here... hmm. I re-read some of my original thread, which you linked, and... I've learned more about myself since then. I do tend to boss people around sometimes without realizing it. And tell others what to do and all. And I do act quite impulsively... hmm.

Some stuff is still the same, being very polite, being very picky about my environment, ESPECIALLY if someone moves my things... grrr. I know that is Sensing.

People's opinions have changed of me since then... and I guess in the long-run, as my true self comes out more, they'll continue to change. Hmm...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think either Aleksei or Gilly are ENTp. They don't self-type that way either...
    I'm well aware that they don't self-type that way, but that doesn't mean they aren't ENTp. Again, all five of you share the aforementioned formal-logic style of cause-effect thinking that seems to be associated with the causal-determinist style. Granted I'm still figuring it all out myself, but I'm starting to catch on, and I suggest you take a look yourself.
    if you think they are ENTp, then that's more proof that I'm not...
    Uhm, no it's not?

I'm not that much like them, really... Gilly more than Aleksei, but still.
    I'm not much like pianosinger or WorkaholicsAnon in terms of personality, but that doesn't mean we all aren't ENFp.

Creepy-Snaps

Humor us, not that it'll really matter in the long run.
    How am I aggressive...

In any kind of competition, getting to something first... in sports, relying on my speed... taking action, in multiplayer strategy games, directing others what to do.

Acting impulsively... going first in things. Not having any fear of taking charge. In my public speaking class, volunteering to go first, when nobody else wanted to make the first move, out of fear.

Belligerence, a bit of rebelliousness, etc. Hmm. Understanding the nuances of what motivates others, and positively motivating them, or tearing into them if mad (which I try to avoid)...

I'll give you an example of what I think is clear Se, easy willingness to change my environment:

In college, there's a ping-pong table set up in the cafe/student lounge area. Being my normal competitive self, I'd take turns with others playing there for hours between classes.

I liked to play a defensive style. Putting lots of backspin on the ball, if you know table tennis, as well as sidespin, making other people mess up, hit the ball into the net or miss the table. Aiming the ball to put it where the other person hates hitting it, making them move to my control, etc.

Anyway, I play several feet off the table in a defensive style, so I can return other people's smashes. I need room to play.

One time, in the middle of the afternoon, when it was pretty crowded, this one guy was standing on my side of the table, talking with friends. He was getting in my way of returning shots, so I politely and briefly asked him if he could move. He says "sure", but then keeps talking.

A minute passes. My opponent scores another point for hitting on the side where this guy is standing, which I'm unable to get to without literally running into this guy talking there. I more curtly and strongly ask him again if he could please move. He moves like a couple feet, but is still in the way.

A minute or so passes again. Opponent scores another easy point, which was unfair, when I should easily be beating my opponent. I'm tired of asking this guy not to move out of the way, and since he isn't moving (asking isn't working), I move him myself without even thinking. I push him to the side, nonchalantly, then go back to my game of ping-pong like nothing ever happened. As if he were an object, I hadn't even considered his feelings or anything.

Needless to say, he gets pissed. Doesn't start a fight or anything, but just verbally fights/argues. Tell me not to touch him, etc.

I later thought about it, felt like a bad person and all, and apologized. We were cool afterward and all, but.

I tend to change my environment easily and without noticing. Or be confrontational and 'in-the-moment' very often. I pay attention to spacing, noticing movement in my environment easily, noticing how people react, getting in all the details in my environment pretty easily.

This is just one example, of course, in which I display strong Se. Lots of reasons I self-type as ESTp, not to name them all here.

In general, I tend to be very upbeat and positive, and I agree with the Merry Extrovert typing in general. But I just seem to ignore people's feelings and all that jazz, what effect I have on them, and I really doubt that I'm any kind of Feeler. But who knows.

Creepy-Snaps

I'm well aware that they don't self-type that way, but that doesn't mean they aren't ENTp. Again, all five of you share the aforementioned formal-logic style of cause-effect thinking that seems to be associated with the causal-determinist style. Granted I'm still figuring it all out myself, but I'm starting to catch on, and I suggest you take a look yourself.
    Brilliand said from my writing several months ago, that I have a "Holographic thinking style" from Gulenko's "forms of thinking", and Holographic types are either INTj, ESTp, ENFp, or ISFj.

I'm still figuring all that out too, but I'm not as sure if it's type related... as far as the "formal-logic", that fits Ti creative, so... doesn't distinguish ENTp or ESTp, but perhaps the Holographic typing does.

Assuming Brilliand is right of course. You might be right too, like I said, I'm still trying to figure it out.

EDIT:Added Brilliand's original quote, for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    EDIT: Imo he's a Holographic type (That means INTj, ESTp, ENFp or ISFj). Of those, I consider ISFj most likely, but not by a very wide margin.
    Last edited by Snaps; 02-16-2011 at 07:40 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know you used to self-type as ILE. I guess that feels right but it's just a feeling, not something based on much thought. I'm going to vote that way but it's weak. For some reason it feels more right to me than SLE.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Yeah, that's the impression I got from some of your later posts, which is why in my opinion SLE = SEE. I think SLEs tend to think they're a lot less offensive and a lot more likeable than they actually are, and you could be (consciously or unconsciously) "friendlierising" your posts, so your effusiveness isn't necessarily inconsistent with SLE.
    Yeah. HA to be loved... I tend to hate being disliked... try really hard to be friendly with everyone... apologize afterwards... have a hard time breaking off bad relationships (one reason I think I'm not Fi creative or SEE by the way, since SEEs seem to break off bad relations with ease)... =\ But yeah, I do think perhaps that's why I use lots of smilies.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How am I aggressive...

many many words
    lol I'd probably get pissed if people kept getting in my way like that too. Especially for things I take that seriously, getting confrontational with people who are just being inconsiderate asses. None of that is exclusive to Se as far as I can tell, although I'd have to actually watch you in order to make judgments for myself.

In general, I tend to be very upbeat and positive, and I agree with the Merry Extrovert typing in general. But I just seem to ignore people's feelings and all that jazz, what effect I have on them, and I really doubt that I'm any kind of Feeler. But who knows.
    I concur, and I would really doubt that you were some kind of F ego.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliand said from my writing several months ago, that I have a "Holographic thinking style" from Gulenko's "forms of thinking", and Holographic types are either INTj, ESTp, ENFp, or ISFj.
    Well I've observed a much more causal-determinist pattern of thinking for you. Like the ways in which you come to conclusions is very concrete and laid out on the table, which doesn't really happen as much with holographic; it's as if holographics understand things more in gestalts and all-encompassing impressions, sorta cutting through the fat and details to get to some sort of intangible, static core of the matter. I haven't really observed this in you, the way you explain things is a very straight-forward, almost mechanical "this is this, so that means this is this which leads to this, etc" kind of thinking. I'm still holding out for the possibility that this is just Ti in general, but thinking back to my experiences with INTjs and ISTjs I've experienced the same kind of differences.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I didn't know you used to self-type as ILE. I guess that feels right but it's just a feeling, not something based on much thought. I'm going to vote that way but it's weak. For some reason it feels more right to me than SLE.
    Yeah, I used to think I was ILE. Others said I might be SLE, apparently your base function is so natural to you, you don't usually notice it as much as your creative function. Then I read about Se, and a lot of it fit. Some of it before I attributed to Ti, when it was actually Se I think.

lol I'd probably get pissed if people kept getting in my way like that too. Especially for things I take that seriously, getting confrontational with people who are just being inconsiderate asses. None of that is exclusive to Se as far as I can tell, although I'd have to actually watch you in order to make judgments for myself.
    Would you have almost picked up the guy and moved him yourself though? Without even thinking about it? lol

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you have almost picked up the guy and moved him yourself though? Without even thinking about it? lol
    lol, probably not that far. But depending on how intense I was in whatever I was doing, I'd probably get very vocal and confrontational nonetheless. Then again I'm also E6 and I always question my impulses like that, and unless you're miserably neurotic and unhealthy you sound faaaar from E6, lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I think I have at least vaguely in my head what it is about you that makes me think ILE > SLE, and it's less about Se than Ne. Is that really a weak and unvalued thing for you? Can you talk some about Ne?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll throw in a vote for SEE first and SLE next.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Dew, I consider the jury to be out. And I appreciate that in this thread you make a nod toward your self-typing as being open-ended and that you're paying attention to what people have to say.

I almost began listing some things about your forum persona and self-descriptions that point away from SLE for me, but I think I'll let that be and say that what's hardest for me to reconcile is seeing you as Beta. Now, your background could be quite different from mine or from most of my Beta friends'. There could be some social masking going on here, and there also could be a (related) overlay of learned values apart from the qualities that a quadra generally has.

Take a look at this thread:
    http://forum.socionix.com/topic/3712...__1#entry23364

The abyss metaphor dolphin uses there for her ideas on quadra progression is really apt, imo. It has helped me a lot to understand on a more meta level what quadras are about (thanks for pointing it out and discussing it w/me, Ashton). Strictly based on how you present yourself in your posts, MD, it's hard for me to see you as being sunk into the bottom of the abyss. What do you think?

What's your relationship to the collective shadow of humanity?

You can take that as a rhetorical question, btw. I don't necessarily expect you to spell out your existential mode in this thread; I'm passing this along for your consideration.

Also, do you have any idea what your Enneagram type might be?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    OK I think I have at least vaguely in my head what it is about you that makes me think ILE > SLE, and it's less about Se than Ne. Is that really a weak and unvalued thing for you? Can you talk some about Ne?
    I'll type out a response when I have time after work, gotta leave soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
    I'll throw in a vote for SEE first and SLE next.
    Haha, coming from an LII, you type me as your conflictor? THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Mountain Dew, I consider the jury to be out. And I appreciate that in this thread you make a nod toward your self-typing as being open-ended and that you're paying attention to what people have to say.
    Thanks. I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I almost began listing some things about your forum persona and self-descriptions that point away from SLE for me
    Please include examples! I glanced at that thing now, will give a more thorough read later when I have time after work, or maybe tomorrow.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast