Thread: New day, new me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New day, new me!

What types are most likely to engage in this type of thinking? I can't stop reinventing myself, my thoughts... and it drives me mad... consistancy would be good!

Any ideas?
    ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne valuing types probably.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say Ne because you are analyzing a static period of time (a day) and in the evaluation of that finite time you are anticipating better potential for yourself. It is a "fresh" start set within relatively rigid time walls.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Sweet, can socionics explain how to make it stop? haha
    ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you want it to stop? Perhaps it is this ability to take each day on its own and rejuvenate your life's outlook that somebody else really wishes they had in their life.

The way that I see these sorts of things is that they can be complemented well rather than just completely eliminated.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Sweet, can socionics explain how to make it stop? haha
    The next morning you wake up, think it's the same BS all over again
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

I am always doing this. You are dead right the positive of this is that problems of the past i think can be easily forgotten and overlooked. One negative however is that i feel that i have an unstable sense of self. I really dont know what i will be like on any given day. This is obviously not totally true because i actually follow the same patterns a lot it's just some surface stuff thats changed. Ive kind of accepted unpredictability as a given in my life though
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably, yeah.
    Or maybe even everyone? Or moody types? irrationals > rationals?
    I know I do it and I'm liking it.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The next morning you wake up, think it's the same BS all over again
    Heh, I so don't want to think this way. That'll surely make me depressed as hell.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Probably, yeah.
    Or maybe even everyone? Or moody types? irrationals > rationals?
    I know I do it and I'm liking it.
    Yeah, I'm largely like this to. I wouldn't say that I'm so much "new day, new me!" in an optimistic manner, but every day I have a different way of looking at myself and the world and how I fit into it and feel about it and I can never decide what I want to do with my life because I have a different crazy idea almost every day. It's really rather frustrating. On the plus side, I get over things really quickly and I never hold onto anything from the past. (Is that a plus? I think that's a plus.) I always assumed (hoped?) that I would grow out of feeling this way.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Yeah, I'm largely like this to. I wouldn't say that I'm so much "new day, new me!" in an optimistic manner, but every day I have a different way of looking at myself and the world and how I fit into it and feel about it and I can never decide what I want to do with my life because I have a different crazy idea almost every day. It's really rather frustrating.
    Well put. That's very close to how I am.

On the plus side, I get over things really quickly and I never hold onto anything from the past.
    We may differ somewhat here.

(Is that a plus? I think that's a plus.) I always assumed (hoped?) that I would grow out of feeling this way.
    GIVE US MORE PARENTHESIS.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Well put. That's very close to how I am.

We may differ somewhat here.

GIVE US MORE PARENTHESIS.
    <3 Zach Braff! (Haha, I don't even like him that much [it was just weird not seeing his face by your posts{it's a rather agreeable face} and, well], I guess I associate you two together.)
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I'm exactly the opposite of this. I feel exactly the same as when I was, like, 5 years old.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    This is a feature of -leading/-suggestive -- the reason being that these types are caught up within their transient subjective feelings and feel less confident in finding the lasting patterns and consistencies.

Two forum members who are notable for having an "unstable" sense of identity are Gilly (EIE) and Gulanzon (who is ESE imo, but could well be EIE).
    Okaay, but I don't think that applies to me? Unless I could be a new type... I'm bored of mine...
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    This is a feature of -leading/-suggestive -- the reason being that these types are caught up within their transient subjective feelings and feel less confident in finding the lasting patterns and consistencies.
    I think the difference is that I'm not reinventing myself, or trying to. Or at least, not consciously...

It's more that something pops into my mind that causes me to doubt whatever I believe at the time, so I go about trying to confirm/deny that doubt. But I do agree, it's a symptom of weak Ti.