Thread: Member Questionnaire (Hacim)

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Hacim)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Hacim)

Decided to fill one of these out for a reality check. I myself think I know my type, but I'm curious to see the opinions of others.

What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is something that evokes aesthetic appreciation; therefore, an aesthetically pleasing object. Love, assuming romantic love, is being attracted to someone because of their personality, aided by their physical attributes. It is irrational by nature, and one of life's great mysteries.
    I'd also like to add that Ancient Greek does a good job of explaining the differences of the word "love", as it is used as a blanket term in English. So I dislike this question.
    What are your most important values?
    Justice, order, education, research, kindness, fun, happiness, friendship, and equality.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian church. There, I was faced with closed-minded religious "certainty." Seemed to be a Beta ST community, as my "weird opinions" on religion were shunned.
    I am what you could call a "Christian agnostic". I believe that one can use the morals taught by Jesus, real or not, in your everyday life as a way to show kindness to others. However, belief in God is not necessary for this. I am open to the existence of a deity and do not deny the possibility, but I think that many religious groups give God too many human attributes.
    I tend to view "God" as a pantheistic entity. The sort of idea that God and the Universe are interchangeable terms.
    I also think that there's no harm in religion if it doesn't infringe on the rights of humanity. If religion helps you cope with life, then it is a good thing for you.
    I dislike closed-minded atheists as much as religious fundamentalists.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Strongly anti-war, though in the USA the military isn't necessarily to blame for war itself. Militaries scare me, but in a world where war is widespread you can't not have one.
    Power is a human construct based on the right to have rule, and the desire for power left unchecked is an obstacle to human freedom and societal progress.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Politics, science, religion, the Universe, and how the world SHOULD be.
    My interests are mostly in the natural sciences, namely physics, chemistry, and astronomy, but I am also interested in computer science and in humanitarian aid. I also have a deep love for music, especially composition. If I can ask tons of questions about it, it's probably an interest. I was pretty much the "kid who always asks 'why?'" when I was younger.
    I also have a politically active mindset, even though my age currently impedes me from being active.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Eh, sometimes. I generally prefer when people take care of my health for me, but on my own I'm not unhealthy. Health and medicine are topics that I have put a great deal of research into and learned a lot about, but it irritates me to be responsible for my actual health in real time instead of learning the theory of it.
    I am not focused on my body in the sense that I am always physically aware of my surroundings. I'm one of the clumsiest people around. I trip over my feet, walk into poles, suck at sports, etc.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I hate having to do them unless I can make them into a game. In short, no. Some things I like to be in a very specific, static order, whereas other things lay shoved under my bed in disorganized, dusty piles.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Generally in to sci-fi and Tolkienesque fantasy. Not a movie, but recently I have been watching the "new" Battlestar Galactica (it's over 10 years old).
    I also like silly, lighthearted movies like "The Princess Bride" and the like, but I'm less likely to seek these out.
    I would add "the encyclopedia" but the Internet has taken over that role. Many hours of my life have been spent on Wikipedia...
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    When I was a young child, I would cry whenever I didn't understand something socially, like someone would raise their voice at me, and I just didn't see a need for it. I smile whenever I am with people that are kind to me. Injustice can still bring tears to my eyes, as well as, I hate to admit, sappy movies. Usually, I can use the negative emotion created by injustice to fuel me to do something about it: to make a universally just system.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Pretty much the standard Alpha quadra description: comfortable surroundings with lots of happy people and/or nerdy people. Neither are exclusive, the only prerequisite is people being blatantly inviting in a sincere way. I also like nature: hiking, camping, backpacking, etc.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I dislike having to assert myself, though I am capable of doing so, and people often comment on this soft disposition of mine. In school, I would even rely on loud people to tell the teacher my answer! I also generally lack the initiative to form relationships with others; generally someone else must take the initiative, though once this stage is broken I become considerably warmer. I also hate self-promotion: I dislike it when people ask me to talk about my strengths.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I have been described as "extremely calm", "reasonable", "nice", "dorky" (in a presumably affectionate way), "smart" (this word is so overused by the general population), "thoughtful", and "loyal". You can extrapolate strengths/weaknesses from those adjectives.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Hmm, maybe "fitting in", relating to people, and being more hospitable and friendly.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Not in a bad way. I'm one of those people who sometimes forms quirky habits, and I'm generally comfortable with them. I don't like doing everything the same way though, just certain things I have a hard time accepting as dynamic. In the workplace, I like as many things to change as possible, especially if the job is mundane.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like it when people can show a sincere interest in me. I dislike people who are pushy, insensitive, forceful, aggressive, or aristocratic (not the Reinin dichotomy). By my typing, I get along best with Alphas, most Deltas, IEIs, and the occasional SLE (but they're scary!).
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I have no problem with them. I am pretty much in the middle of both: I am, as a living thing, interested in sex, and not entirely aromantic, but am also quite awkward when discussing these topics in detail. In a partner, I am looking for someone who could keep my spirits and emotions positive and my surroundings cozy, without herself feeling inconvenienced. These qualities must be natural: I would never verbally demand them from anyone.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would primarily be concerned with making sure the child is well-educated and loves to learn, and would probably additionally expose it to music education. I would not pressure these on it, but I would make sure that the child would act in a reasonable fashion and construct peaceful relationships with others.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I would probably attempt to ask why they think this, saving my own opinion for later. If they were persistent in their belief, I would present mine. If they were irrationally holding on to their belief, I might lose some respect of their worldviews for them, but to me it would not hurt the relationship. However, I would immediately cease and desist if they created a strongly negative emotional atmosphere, or attempt to calm them down and explain my rationale.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I feel separate from society as a whole, but I also believe that I have the moral imperative to bring justice to the world in any way possible. Humanity is neither good nor evil: it, as an entity, does plenty on either side. Currently, a massive problem is the wage gap. Here in the USA, any jackass with a rich family can easily go and buy a yacht, while people on the other side of the globe lack basic sanitation, medicine, knowledge, food, clean water, shelter, etc. In my IDEAL world, everyone would have to provide a percentage of their income to global and societal social welfare systems, with the percentage becoming larger as the income goes up.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't really "choose" friends, although if I can find similar interests between myself and another person I tend to view these people as friends. I generally gravitate towards groups where I am treated well, equally to others. I dislike the idea of having to rank your friends, like "best friend", "2nd best friend", etc. Around friends, I am quite a bit different from my normal "phlegmatic" self, being generally frivolous and silly, but I tend to tire quickly of interaction regardless.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I like to take up little space, avoiding eye contact or physical contact. I am usually silent.
    Last edited by ghost of forum past; 11-04-2017 at 08:08 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Bump.

I don't mean to be a bother, but I would really appreciate some input, even if it is telling me what I already think, especially since I've been a member for over a year. As a (probable) LII, I know that I have a tendency to cut off reality completely, so a "reality check" for my Socionics type would be much appreciated. I want to align myself more with "objective reality" (even though such a thing doesn't exist in the way Te types think it does).

Thanks for your time!
    omg, you are sooooo cute *squeezes*

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    omg, you are sooooo cute *squeezes*