Thread: Sleepless SEIs-ISFps

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sleepless SEIs-ISFps

I never considered it possible, but there it is: my SEI girl friend hasn't been getting any sleep for over a week now. She's going mad and cranky because she's mulling over.... how to decorate our new home! This is crazy, the world could go up in flames and she wouldn't be worried a bit, but out new home is keeping her awake at night.

I'm wondering: is mulling over such "trivial" problems typical for SEIs?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I never considered it possible, but there it is: my SEI girl friend hasn't been getting any sleep for over a week now. She's going mad and cranky because she's mulling over.... how to decorate our new home! This is crazy, the world could go up in flames and she wouldn't be worried a bit, but out new home is keeping her awake at night.

Well if you think in terms of the theory, and why would you be thinking in some other terms here(?...), it supposed to be well established that it is the base element area that people tend to go in their driven creative perfectionist mode. "Decoration of a home" being down the middle of the area and descriptions of Si you question seems stupid to me on top of being assholishly put.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arising from that exchange, I would like to commiserate. Insomnia sucks, no matter what the cause.

She probably wants to get it right, and not have to redo it again, and there are lots of possibilities out there. My SEI carpenter gets a little stressed if he can't figure out how to deal with some unexpected architectural problem. But I like that kind of problem that calls for some Ne so we figure it out together.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You mean there is a woman who is worrying about decorating? I'm surprised if that's socionic type related.

No offense but I agree with Esaman that you're question is weird - at least in the respect that it's related to being SEI. At a stretch it's related to sensing, more likely Se leading since the physical world is very important to them.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is something my SEI sister would do, but I don't know if it's type related.

TIM
    LII (INTj); 5w4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That definitely sounds like something an SEI could possibly lose sleep over

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post

its a set of decisions you have to live with for a long time that will affect your daily wellbeing very strongly; maybe she just realizes better than a Si stunted person would that this stuff is a big deal.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's literally happened to me before.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't have sleepless nights over decorating, I do have a lot of indecision about it tho.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If it's Si then I don't get it. Lots more to worry about, the decorating will happen eventually, you can make your friends comfortable with little.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    You mean there is a woman who is worrying about decorating? I'm surprised if that's socionic type related.

No offense but I agree with Esaman that you're question is weird - at least in the respect that it's related to being SEI. At a stretch it's related to sensing, more likely Se leading since the physical world is very important to them.

I just buy things I like, sometimes sparkly things, then I put them where I like. I lose sleep over other things but not because of worry, because I want to keep thinking, doing and feeling what interests me instead of sleeping.

I have not taken a sleeping pill in several weeks and that was a longtime necessity for me. Binaural beats and chakra balancing seems to help. I am optimistic that I no longer need them, except in an emergency. heh

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

I just buy things I like, sometimes sparkly things, then I put them where I like. I lose sleep over other things but not because of worry, because I want to keep thinking, doing and feeling what interests me instead of sleeping.

I have not taken a sleeping pill in several weeks and that was a longtime necessity for me. Binaural beats and chakra balancing seems to help. I am optimistic that I no longer need them, except in an emergency. heh
    No idea, but i'll tell you my last sig other painted calligraphy and put them up in my bedroom.

I just went an checked one means love one means happiness. I haven't taken em down. Binaural beats is awesome, but buying or making those little things turns a wee house into a home.

Chakras I will explore more, after my aromatherapy my shamanic healer made

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    No idea, but i'll tell you my last sig other painted calligraphy and put them up in my bedroom.

I just went an checked one means love one means happiness. I haven't taken em down. Binaural beats is awesome, but buying or making those little things turns a wee house into a home.

Chakras I will explore more, after my aromatherapy my shamanic healer made

Welcome to the New Age!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW