Thread: XNFp

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default XNFp

Could I be INFp after all? I'm starting to consider the possibility again. I've actually been thinking it is more probable than ENFp. I've been hanging around these parts for a while now, so I'm opening the floor for anyone who has an opinion on my type, no matter what it is. Please try to explain why you think so, if you can. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

P.S. Winterpark is gonna have a field day with this one! lol
    Last edited by Sirena; 01-23-2009 at 08:20 PM.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not tell us the reason for questioning your type at all?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Could I be INFp after all? I'm starting to consider the possibility again. I've actually been thinking it is more probable than ENFp. I've been hanging around these parts for a while now, so I'm opening the floor for anyone who has an opinion on my type, no matter what it is. Please try to explain why you think so, if you can. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I saw the result on your color test today and I don't know if its BS or not, but when I read it, I immediately thought "IEI". By the way, I had no opinion on your type before.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please try to explain why you think so, if you can. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
    At least your signature is INFP.

I don't know you so I can't say anything about you.

I remember forum member Mimosa di pudica have gone through the same thing (enfp-infp). Thinking she was an extravert because her focus on people. Until she discoverd it's just the F that makes you people oriented.

Extraverts are initiaters. e.g. When sitting at a table eating, with let's say, 8 people. There are usually a couple who choose the topics, who start the topics, start the talking. Those are extraverts. The introverts are the ones that respond, the ones that only start talking to their neighbor, to not attract to much attention.

Just some rough indicator...

Hope this helps a bit.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Extraverts are initiaters. e.g. When sitting at a table eating, with let's say, 8 people. There are usually a couple who choose the topics, who start the topics, start the talking. Those are extraverts. The introverts are the ones that respond, the ones that only start talking to their neighbor, to not attract to much attention.
    I thought this was related to social extro-/introversion.

It's not unheard of to have introverted extratims (like an ILE who never. shuts. up. once you start him talking, but probably won't try to involve the entire restaurant in a discussion of hamster-powered cold fusion bombs) or extraverted introtims (like a SEI who always tries to engage people in discussions about movies they've seen).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are all my ENFp's turning to beta land. Do I smell?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Why not tell us the reason for questioning your type at all?
    I wanted to get impressions before I commented further. Most people here have seen me around for a while and I wanted to get input based on perceptions from the time I've been posting here, rather than go into a full-on retype session-type-thing. For now. It's likely that I'll go into it later, but for now I'd like opinions up to this point, based on what people already know about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I saw the result on your color test today and I don't know if its BS or not, but when I read it, I immediately thought "IEI". By the way, I had no opinion on your type before.
    Interesting! Well, fwiw, the answers were quite fitting. Thanks!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Seriously. Come on back to Delta, ENFp's. Take your coats off, and stay a while.

-

Sirena, I don't know whether you're ENFp or INFp or some other type, so I'm no help as of now. I am curious about why you're questioning your self-typing, though....

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah I thought your colour test seemed sort of IEI'ish as well.

Hmm.. Is that really a way to describe or relate to a socionics type? Maybe it's just January "blues" :-p

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeAnte has a point.

Also, I want to give you an opinion (especially a potential dual), but I know nothing about you. Can you post a video or photos or a detailed description or something?

Let him have his field day. It will maybe shock him into reality.

Because your world is less real than the Neverending Story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some ideas...I struggled between these types as well. The "to know" vs. "to understand" things are pretty different.

INFP: If you like to take a topic (that is already complex) and make it even more complex, and break those fragments into smaller pieces that could result in complete understanding (but grasping that understanding isn't as important as continuing to search for it) you could be INFp. (wants to "understand")

INFP example: There is a dichotomy between x and y that is likely due to Ni concept -- and beyond that (more hairs split). *Opens door to further analysis.* (this is where the ENFP gets anxious for a resolution).

ENFP: If you'd get tired splitting every hair three ways, and eventually just lump it all into one generality or a few categories or a few sentence summary, and are relieved to finally end the discussion, ENFp. (wants "to know")

ENFP example: sigh, OK so after much discussion, we at least know that fruit snacks contain 2 cups of sugar per box and no actual fruit juice (Te facts). I wonder how "fruit" became so unhealthy...anyway, I'm hungry. (hoping someone will place a snack in their proximity (Si) and/or provide more Te facts explaining why fruit snacks are so unhealthy)

ALso...Fe vs. Fi is a pretty big thing. I have an extremely hard time saying Fe things. the Fi would come out like "wow, I'm really sorry to hear that" which doesn't at all capture how I'd like it to sound. I feel like I'd be condescending or sappy otherwise though.

INFPs would easily be like "It's making me so sad that you're sad " or "you are fabulous!" or "I misss youuu!" etc. I would probably die before stating any of those things, even if I felt the emotion.

Can't really tell them apart based on outgoing-ness until you know them better, as they are about equally outgoing ime.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you've said you're hopelessly attracted to INFps. You said so yourself, although probably in different words. hehe. Weird if all *your* ENFps really turned out to be INFps. Hmm I'll see what I can do to stay in Delta. Just for you. hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Seriously. Come on back to Delta, ENFp's. Take your coats off, and stay a while.

-

Sirena, I don't know whether you're ENFp or INFp or some other type, so I'm no help as of now. I am curious about why you're questioning your self-typing, though....
    Thanks for replying though. I've been thinking about this and will give more feedback and I'd really like your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah I thought your colour test seemed sort of IEI'ish as well.

Hmm.. Is that really a way to describe or relate to a socionics type? Maybe it's just January "blues" :-p
    I'm not putting too much stock on that test, but I do very much relate to the results, whatever that means. And does being more broody equal being INFp? hehe But nah, I'm at a good point in my life. Good enough to face things once and for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    DeAnte has a point.

Also, I want to give you an opinion (especially a potential dual), but I know nothing about you. Can you post a video or photos or a detailed description or something?
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I know at least 2 ESTps IRL, one being my best friend and the other one I'm also very close to. But they know nothing about socionics, so your input would be nice. I've actually been considering making a video, although I'm not thrilled by the idea of exposing myself like that. Not to mention that I wouldn't know what to say. So I don't know if I would ever actually go through with it. I tend to shy away from camaras rather than get in front of them on purpose. I can post some pics, though I've posted a VI thread before so I could probably link it but I'll get some more recent ones too. I'll probably write a description as the inspiration hits rather than sit down and just talk about myself. But yeah, I'll write more.

Let him have his field day. It will maybe shock him into reality.
    <3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A weird way to tell apart between INFps and ENFps:

a) Do you like aggressive guys? Are you drifting into phantasy worlds? Do you have a special haircut?

b) Do you like boring guys? Do you usually watch low-budget movies, join anti-globalization riots and smoke hash?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I noticed that in a lot of threads that you tend to take (what looks to me) a moral kind of Fi stance that seems to have more of a Delta flavor overall.

idk, just an observation.
    Yeah, I agree. I definitely do pay a lot of attention and place a lot of importance on ethical/moral issues. So that definitely adds to the confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    some ideas...I struggled between these types as well. The "to know" vs. "to understand" things are pretty different.

INFP: If you like to take a topic (that is already complex) and make it even more complex, and break those fragments into smaller pieces that could result in complete understanding (but grasping that understanding isn't as important as continuing to search for it) you could be INFp. (wants to "understand")

INFP example: There is a dichotomy between x and y that is likely due to Ni concept -- and beyond that (more hairs split). *Opens door to further analysis.* (this is where the ENFP gets anxious for a resolution).

ENFP: If you'd get tired splitting every hair three ways, and eventually just lump it all into one generality or a few categories or a few sentence summary, and are relieved to finally end the discussion, ENFp. (wants "to know")

ENFP example: sigh, OK so after much discussion, we at least know that fruit snacks contain 2 cups of sugar per box and no actual fruit juice (Te facts). I wonder how "fruit" became so unhealthy...anyway, I'm hungry. (hoping someone will place a snack in their proximity (Si) and/or provide more Te facts explaining why fruit snacks are so unhealthy)

ALso...Fe vs. Fi is a pretty big thing. I have an extremely hard time saying Fe things. the Fi would come out like "wow, I'm really sorry to hear that" which doesn't at all capture how I'd like it to sound. I feel like I'd be condescending or sappy otherwise though.

INFPs would easily be like "It's making me so sad that you're sad " or "you are fabulous!" or "I misss youuu!" etc. I would probably die before stating any of those things, even if I felt the emotion.

Can't really tell them apart based on outgoing-ness until you know them better, as they are about equally outgoing ime.
    Thanks jewels! This is good. I appreciate you putting in the effort to help me figure this out once and for all...I hope. Does that sound like Te HA? hehe

OK, regarding Ti vs Te HA...I'm having a hard time answering this one, as with almost everything. I was actually thinking about this dichotomy a few days ago and read up on some descriptions, which I proceeded to try to explain to some of my family members. Everyone I asked had no doubt that I've prefered Ti my whole life and have always had an aversion to Te. To be more specific, I was reading up on Te PoLR for INFps and how much they dislike practical matters, not that ENFps like it, INFps are more averse to it. My family has always called me the least practical person in the world. I cringe away from these things. We also talked about how Ti relates to theories and ideologies and my mom especially (ESFp) was adamant that I'm the less grounded of the two. She swears that I've always sought this out in my dad (INTj). He and I have always liked discussing theories and ideologies and stuff. Words that they've always used to describe me are "in the clouds", "spacey", "off in her own little world", "lives in her fantasy world", "recluse", "moody", "broody", "passionate", "opinionated", "complex", "great depth of emotion", "hard to understand", "different".

So, I realize this doesn't have much with what you posted, but I wanted to mention it. The only way I feel I can choose between the two things you posted is by saying that I *always* complicate things. In general. I guess this would apply to the example you posted, but I'm not sure. Basically, I want to understand things so no matter what information I get, I need to keep searching and searching until I understand it myself, which rarely truly happens. So no, I don't see myself being satisfied with just information, but at the same time I do get frustrated that I always have to keep looking and the process never ends. But I can't be satisfied otherwise. Not until I know for myself. But I'm not sure what that all means. I don't relate to the searching process being more important than the goal of gaining understanding. I mean, I guess in the grand scheme of things, I am grateful that the learning process never ends. Life would be entirely too boring and empty without this struggle and I truly enjoy those moments of realization. The epiphanies. When everything suddenly makes sense. Only to change again later though. So that inconsistency does aggravate me because it makes me feel flaky and groundless. But I also know that without the constant doubt, there would be no epiphanies or at least they wouldn't mean as much. I see no black and white, only gray.

I'll post more in response to Fi vs Fe later. I'm very sleepy now. But I'll say something...I'm not an easy conversationalist. It's gotten better with practice, but it's not something that comes naturally. I'm usually too much in my head, overthinking everything. Feeling everything. It's hard to express my thoughts and emotions in words. Very hard. And even when I do try I'm left disappointed, never being able to do them justice. Having regular chitchat about mundane things is even worse because it's less fulfulling due to lack of interest. I literally have to force myself to try to appear normal during a conversation. To talk about normal things. I just don't focus on that and it drains me. It bores me. So people usually think I'm either really quiet or a little odd. Anyway, I can't emphasize enough how much I dread this, which is a reason I dislike meeting new people. Because you're almost always obligated to talk about stuff like this. And it's not that I lack interest in people or their lives. I just have a really hard time keeping up a conversation unless we really really click or we're discussing something I find interesting. I appreciate the few people I can be myself with enough to say a couple of words to and not feel obligated to keep talking. Some people have been inclined to relate things that have happened at work, throughout the day, which I like to hear. But I find that I'm not like most people, who will continue asking questions about it, like my ESFj grandma. I really do care and I want to hear it, but soon enough I'm in the clouds again.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, one more thing I wanted to say before I forget....

For anyone who watches Grey's Anatomy. I really related to Meredith last episode. The way she tried to be "the girl that moms like" by being bubbly, home-makey, etc. I relate to feeling like I'm just not that type of woman. The one that guys want as wives and mothers as daughters and mother-in-laws as daughter-in-laws. Like Meredith said...I'm dark and broody. I'm not bubbly or cheerful and I'm the type of person that feels sorry for serial killers.

And I'm not a homemaker and I don't strike up conversations easily or make friends easily or can organize events and make sure everyone is comfortable. I mostly like to be left alone and I'm just usually kind of awkward. And these are all things that have always made me feel weird and like an outsider. Like I don't belong anywhere. And I deeply resent people for having these expectations of me. For even believing that there's something wrong with me because I'm not like that.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, one more thing I wanted to say before I forget....

For anyone who watches Grey's Anatomy. I really related to Meredith last episode. The way she tried to be "the girl that moms like" by being bubbly, home-makey, etc. I relate to feeling like I'm just not that type of woman. The one that guys want as wives and mothers as daughters and mother-in-laws as daughter-in-laws. Like Meredith said...I'm dark and broody. I'm not bubbly or cheerful...
    That was the episode before the last (ep. 12 on 1/15). The most recent was episode 13 (1/22). And damn you for falling behind.

ZOMG, can you believe that retarded "ghost danny" character is STILL AROUND?! When the character effectively said 'goodbye' at the end of the season 5 premiere I thought that maybe the writers had FINALLY taken their heads out of their asses and come to their senses about how ridiculously far over the shark the show had jumped by keeping around to 'haunt' Izzie. Apparently not. They've brought him back in EVERY episode since and now are using him to make Izzie go clinically insane. It's so stupid. This is likely apart of their plan to kill off Izzie to punish Katherine Keigl who refused an Emmy nom because she felt the show's writing had not been up to par and that she didn't deserve it. I honestly don't blame her. The last two or three eps have been lackluster but at least the endings thus far have been spectacular. Though I do feel keeping the serial killer alive after the ending of Sympathy for the Devil really diminishes the emotional impact for future repeat viewings.

I'm the type of person that feels sorry for serial killers.
    Lovely.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 01-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, it sounds like you are very INFp! For example, you mention being dark and broody...I can be in a bad mood, but still I don't come across w that mysterious INFp thing. People can usually tell what I'm thinking.

Also, the opposite of you, I've always been described as "practical" and "stable" despite my being ENFp...I like to cut to the chase and get to the essence of something, figure it out, and on to the next.

I don't think being practical matters as much to INFps because they have more interesting things to think about, such as searching for meaning.

And while I don't really enjoy small talk as much as talking to good friends, it doesn't really bother me because I get curious about people and/or I'm sort of just thinking out loud.

My guess at this point is INFp But then again, I thought I was an INFp for a week because I used to be shy and assumed that meant introverted. Confusing stuff...but I'm sure you'll figure it out soon.

Yeah, I agree. I definitely do pay a lot of attention and place a lot of importance on ethical/moral issues. So that definitely adds to the confusion.

Thanks jewels! This is good. I appreciate you putting in the effort to help me figure this out once and for all...I hope. Does that sound like Te HA? hehe

OK, regarding Ti vs Te HA...I'm having a hard time answering this one, as with almost everything. I was actually thinking about this dichotomy a few days ago and read up on some descriptions, which I proceeded to try to explain to some of my family members. Everyone I asked had no doubt that I've prefered Ti my whole life and have always had an aversion to Te. To be more specific, I was reading up on Te PoLR for INFps and how much they dislike practical matters, not that ENFps like it, INFps are more averse to it. My family has always called me the least practical person in the world. I cringe away from these things. We also talked about how Ti relates to theories and ideologies and my mom especially (ESFp) was adamant that I'm the less grounded of the two. She swears that I've always sought this out in my dad (INTj). He and I have always liked discussing theories and ideologies and stuff. Words that they've always used to describe me are "in the clouds", "spacey", "off in her own little world", "lives in her fantasy world", "recluse", "moody", "broody", "passionate", "opinionated", "complex", "great depth of emotion", "hard to understand", "different".

So, I realize this doesn't have much with what you posted, but I wanted to mention it. The only way I feel I can choose between the two things you posted is by saying that I *always* complicate things. In general. I guess this would apply to the example you posted, but I'm not sure. Basically, I want to understand things so no matter what information I get, I need to keep searching and searching until I understand it myself, which rarely truly happens. So no, I don't see myself being satisfied with just information, but at the same time I do get frustrated that I always have to keep looking and the process never ends. But I can't be satisfied otherwise. Not until I know for myself. But I'm not sure what that all means. I don't relate to the searching process being more important than the goal of gaining understanding. I mean, I guess in the grand scheme of things, I am grateful that the learning process never ends. Life would be entirely too boring and empty without this struggle and I truly enjoy those moments of realization. The epiphanies. When everything suddenly makes sense. Only to change again later though. So that inconsistency does aggravate me because it makes me feel flaky and groundless. But I also know that without the constant doubt, there would be no epiphanies or at least they wouldn't mean as much. I see no black and white, only gray.

I'll post more in response to Fi vs Fe later. I'm very sleepy now. But I'll say something...I'm not an easy conversationalist. It's gotten better with practice, but it's not something that comes naturally. I'm usually too much in my head, overthinking everything. Feeling everything. It's hard to express my thoughts and emotions in words. Very hard. And even when I do try I'm left disappointed, never being able to do them justice. Having regular chitchat about mundane things is even worse because it's less fulfulling due to lack of interest. I literally have to force myself to try to appear normal during a conversation. To talk about normal things. I just don't focus on that and it drains me. It bores me. So people usually think I'm either really quiet or a little odd. Anyway, I can't emphasize enough how much I dread this, which is a reason I dislike meeting new people. Because you're almost always obligated to talk about stuff like this. And it's not that I lack interest in people or their lives. I just have a really hard time keeping up a conversation unless we really really click or we're discussing something I find interesting. I appreciate the few people I can be myself with enough to say a couple of words to and not feel obligated to keep talking. Some people have been inclined to relate things that have happened at work, throughout the day, which I like to hear. But I find that I'm not like most people, who will continue asking questions about it, like my ESFj grandma. I really do care and I want to hear it, but soon enough I'm in the clouds again.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the episode before the last (ep. 12 on 1/15). The most recent was episode 13 (1/22). And damn you for falling behind.
    LOL, I know, right? It was actually pretty cool though because I got to sit down and watch almost the entire season in one sitting, which means not having to wait a week to find out what's next. That's probably why I sort of lumped all the episodes together in my head, but yeah now I remember that the stuff I quoted wasn't part of the last episode. It was all a really long episode for me! hehe
    ZOMG, can you believe that retarded "ghost danny" character is STILL AROUND?! When the character effectively said 'goodbye' at the end of the season 5 premiere I thought that maybe the writers had FINALLY taken their heads out of their asses and come to their senses about how ridiculously far over the shark the show had jumped by keeping around to 'haunt' Izzie. Apparently not. They've brought him back in EVERY episode since and now are using him to make Izzie go clinically insane. It's so stupid. This is likely apart of their plan to kill off Izzie to punish Katherine Keigl who refused an Emmy nom because she felt the show's writing had not been up to par and that she didn't deserve it. I honestly don't blame her. The last two or three eps have been lackluster but at least the endings thus far have been spectacular. Though I do feel keeping the serial killer alive after the ending of Sympathy for the Devil really diminishes the emotional impact for future repeat viewings.
    Yeah I found the Danny thing kind of weird after a while. I mean, I really really like the character and was glad to see him back in a way, though I did find his coming back after saying goodbye sort of ridiculous. Kinda like it ruined the character for me, though I guess later on it explains why he couldn't leave.

I didn't know about the Katherine Heigl thing. Hmmm. Not sure what to think about that.

Oh man, yeah! The endings have been awesome. Especially that last episode. I have to say the past 2 episodes have given me a new appreciation for Meredith. I could totally relate to her, in a very deep way.

What do you mean 'keeping the serial killer alive'?? He was executed and Meredith was there for it. Right? I didn't dream that, did I? lol

Hey, was there a new episode on 1/29?? I'm pretty sure my DVR didn't record anything this past Thursday, but I wasn't sure why that was.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know about the Katherine Heigl thing. Hmmm. Not sure what to think about that.
    Just know that she was right.

What do you mean 'keeping the serial killer alive'?? He was executed and Meredith was there for it. Right? I didn't dream that, did I? lol

There were some good scenes prior to that moment that helped set that ending up.

Hey, was there a new episode on 1/29?? I'm pretty sure my DVR didn't record anything this past Thursday, but I wasn't sure why that was.
    You already saw it. Stairway to Heaven, where the killer was executed.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Who do you relate more to? There are many of both IEEs and IEIs in here, so you should be able to see a pattern. I often like to read what the IEEs write, but when I read the IEIs, I sometimes feel an almost childish joy, even when I disagree with them. It's as if I've finally found my species - I just get them.

To get a feel for the different types, I spent quite a lot of time watching interviews with celebrities. Two IEI females are Jennifer Aniston (Fe) and Rihanna (Ni). According to socionics.us, Claire Danes is IEE. When watching famous people, you have to liberate your mind from who you "like" and who you "don't like". You also have to see through their "(un)professional masks". What you should do, is to watch several videos of different IEEs and IEIs, and after a while you'll get a feel for each type, how they move, how the smile, when they smile, why they smile, etc.

Have you considered EII? How do you relate to the EIIs in here?
    Thanks for the suggestions MP! I know you went through something similar not too long ago. Can you think of any other celebs?

I've always related a lot to the IEEs here, which is part of the confusion. I just don't know if I was unconsciously looking for similarities and overemphasized them in my mind when I found them. I tend to do that. Also, when I specifically try to think of what they are, I can only come up with stuff that's just related to being irrational NF. The IEIs on here don't post all that much, IME, so it's hard to say. That could also have something to do with my most often just frequenting posts in Delta. Of the IEIs here though, I relate the most to redbaron, loki (even though she's not self-typing at the moment), juju, misutii and aka-kitsune (though I may be missing someone).

I have considered EII, but I think it's very very unlikely. I think it's a very long shot that I'm a rational. And even though I like and even admire EIIs, the way they process information is foreign to me. Hey Ritella!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    So far, it sounds like you are very INFp! For example, you mention being dark and broody...I can be in a bad mood, but still I don't come across w that mysterious INFp thing. People can usually tell what I'm thinking.
    Hmm the thing with me is that I don't have to be in a bad mood to be this way or come across this way, which is what a lot of people don't understand. Having said this, I'm not always dark and broody, sometimes I can be quite the opposite. But it doesn't really feel like a mood to me. It's just who I am. Or more like who I am is a combination of all these things or something. I dunno. I do feel like my emotions are in constant motion. Emotions is probably the incorrect term. Maybe "mood" is better, although it all feels like it's part of me and not necessarily a result of external events. I perceive it as the way I react to events from a subjective POV. It's almost entirely related to my interpretation of things. A lot of times I feel like I'm lost in this subjective world of my interpretations, which makes me doubt the accuracy of my perceptions a lot. I know people find me very hard to figure out and indeed mysterious, which I think intimidates them sometimes. It makes me come off as aloof. The truth is that I can't even figure myself out because my perceptions are constantly changing and they're never black and white. So many of them depending on something else, like a web.

Something I've always noticed about myself that I'm curious to get feedback on:
    - I'm really bad at creating analogies. I'm good at interpreting them, but bad at creating them myself. I can interpret how things are connected really well, but when it comes to analogies, I have difficulty finding realistic examples. What I mean is that I have a hard time coming up with analogies to help others understand what I'm trying to say, since I usually feel like a stuttering idiot when trying to explain things. I mean, really. It's like I can never find the words. I know what I'm trying to say, but since it's naturally abstract, I often don't think in a way that could be easily verbalized. It requires A LOT of energy (which is why it took me about a week to reply, I'd been thinking about it the entire time and the response was all in my head, but I knew that sitting down and getting it out would be energy-consuming as hell and would STILL fail to convey my thoughts anyway lol). Even trying to relate a story, something that happened to me, is tough. When I start I realize that my memory is full of holes where the details of the event should be and even when my memory remembers them, it's hard to actually put them into words. So I always either give a very general version or avoid it altogether. The thought of mumbling my way through the story makes me cringe. And I'm always just inclined to talk about how it made me feel instead or to interpret it in some way. But then I start doing that and people give me weird looks, like they just don't get why I always have to go into the clouds. This is my main reason for feeling uncomfortable around people, because it seems like we're on different planets or something.

One thing I do enjoy talking about is theories, ones that are interesting to me, which are psychological in nature most of the time. Like socionics. I once spent the entire 2 hrs of an out of town trip explaining socionics to my mom and sister. It's rare for me to do that though because it's important for me to know that the other person is interested in hearing what I have to say and more often than not, they just aren't. lol.

Back to the analogies...I think the reason might be that I have a hard time thinking of real-life replicas/versions/counterpart to draw from. For instance, if I'm trying to describe my abstract thought process, being able to say that it's like a spiderweb. Though that one pretty much sucked and because it's so simplistic probably doesn't even illustrate my point. lol
    Also, the opposite of you, I've always been described as "practical" and "stable" despite my being ENFp...I like to cut to the chase and get to the essence of something, figure it out, and on to the next.
    This isn't something I feel I'm ever able to do. I mean, I'll eventually let it go, but it probably won't feel resolved.
    I don't think being practical matters as much to INFps because they have more interesting things to think about, such as searching for meaning.
    Good point. To me it feels empty and superficial. Like a meaningless way to live your life. I think the reason I resent people that try to force practicality on me is that they are failing to see that *I* am the one that's taking advantage of life, rather than their perception that I fall short, like I have a handicap and they're trying to open my eyes for my own good or something. That the way I am is something to overcome so that I can finally be normal or something. So condescending. UGH. It's been a lifetime of feeling defensive about this. All the while I'm thinking that they're wasting their lives on unimportant and transient things and I resent them for failing to appreciate me. This is a little embarassing to admit because I think it makes me look egocentric. I mean, at the end of the day though, I do realize that we each define our own meaning, based on what matters to us. And that focusing on the things I focus on will never be meaningful to them, so good for them for living their lives according to what they find meaningful. I'm just saying how it looks to me, especially when made to feel like my way is defective.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katherine Heigl Refuses Emmy Nom.

In a move that will likely see the actress on the front of Entertainment headlines, Katherine Heigl has stated that she will not be seeking an Emmy nomination this year. The reason? She felt her material this season wasn’t worthy of a nomination and she didn’t want to take the spot from someone else.

It’s an odd news story, first because it doesn’t happen very often that an actor says no to an Emmy nomination, and second because she’s in a way dissing the Grey’s Anatomy writers. I wonder how they feel about being told their material wasn’t good enough?
    GA Creator, Shonda Rimes, "Surprised" at Heigl Comments.

Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes was surprised at Katherine Heigl's refusal to submit her name for this year's Emmy Awards, but didn't feel insulted by the snub.

The actress claimed writers on the hit show were not giving her enough good material and pulled herself out of the running for an award, and rumors spread she would be axed from the show as a result.

But show creator Rhimes strongly denied the reports...
    Heigl's Character May Die of Brain Tumor.

Katherine Heigl could be killed off Grey's Anatomy next season, a well-placed source tells Us Weekly in its latest issue.

The idea came after Heigl, 29, withdrew herself from Emmy contention, saying that she didn’t feel she was “given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination.”

In response to Heigl’s griping, staffers are considering giving her character, Dr. Izzie Stevens, a brain tumor.

“[Producer] Shonda [Rhimes] and the writers are pissed at her,” the source tells Us. “It’s their way of screwing with her. She won’t know whether she’s going to live or die.”

Still, there’s good news for fans sad to see Izzie suffer: newly single Jeffrey Dean Morgan will reprise his role as hunky patient Denny Duquette, whom Izzie will see in visions brought on by the tumor.

And a second source thinks the story arc, ironically, may not be a bad thing for Heigl: “If her character does get a brain tumor, she’ll probably get an Emmy!”
    The last sentence is very ironic.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You already saw it. Stairway to Heaven, where the killer was executed.
    I'm pretty sure I watched this episode last weekend. On the 24th, I think. Weird! Makes me feel like I'm missing something.

Edit: Re the Heigl articles...thanks! I do agree that her character was pretty unimpressive after the whole Denny dying finale (whatever season that was).

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I watched this episode last weekend. On the 24th, I think. Weird! Makes me feel like I'm missing something.
    Where are you getting this 1/29 date from? My post said 1/22.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you getting this 1/29 date from? My post said 1/22.
    Originally Posted by Sirena

Your response: You already saw it. Stairway to Heaven, where the killer was executed.

Or did you mean that 1/29 was a re-run?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a re-run then. The last recent episode aired on 1/22.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a re-run then. The last recent episode aired on 1/22.
    okay, that was my question. cool! thanks!