Thread: A little story

Creepy-

Default A little story

X
    Last edited by female; 01-05-2009 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it was to get a reaction. An ESFj simply might not realize the different conotations of what they are saying.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is either (1)stupid (2)prick (3)both. What do you think she is?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean songofsappho.

It almost seems as if the ESFj purposefully exagerrates information in order to get either a reaction or create some drama. Although it can frustrate me sometimes, I have come to the realization that they do not really have any ulterior motive and are only adding emotionality to what they say, at least in these situations.

So what I am saying is I do not think that she is:

(1) Stupid; (2) a Prick; (3) Both.

Instead I think she is (4) None of the above.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for the predictable response, but the obvious solution here is to kill her.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as I approached Aunt Esfj said in an excited voice, “You mom has been in a wreck!”
    I guess I do the same thing, though it's meant as a way to bring some light to a shitty subject and maybe inject some humor into it. I imagine if anyone had been hurt in the "wreck" your ESFJ aunt wouldn't have been anything like she was. At least, I'd hope not.

Personally, I may have said it exactly like she did, but the smirk on my face as I said it, along with the immediate description of what happened would have probably been the difference between myself and the person you described above.

I'd have to go with Implied though, kill her... She obviously deserves it for being such a mean person and toying with people's emotions.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    I doubt it was to get a reaction. An ESFj simply might not realize the different conotations of what they are saying.
    You don't think so? Maybe ESFj's you know don't realize it, but I have a hard time accepting that she doesn't know exactly what she's doing....

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    She is either (1)stupid (2)prick (3)both. What do you think she is?
    I dunno. Quite honestly, my answer to this question varies

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I know what you mean songofsappho.

It almost seems as if the ESFj purposefully exagerrates information in order to get either a reaction or create some drama. Although it can frustrate me sometimes, I have come to the realization that they do not really have any ulterior motive and are only adding emotionality to what they say, at least in these situations.
    Thanks for this response. That's exactly it, from my perspective: she enjoys creating drama. I don't think she necessarily has ulterior motives beyond that, but that kind of thing - which I see as emotional manipulation - is irritating/maddening/unacceptable to me.

So what I am saying is I do not think that she is:

(1) Stupid; (2) a Prick; (3) Both.

Instead I think she is (4) None of the above.
    On days like that one, my answer would have been [3]. On better days, though, I am inclined to agree with you - she isn't evil or anything, just a bit batty.

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    sorry for the predictable response, but the obvious solution here is to kill her.
    Don't think the thought has not crossed my mind....

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I guess I do the same thing, though it's meant as a way to bring some light to a shitty subject and maybe inject some humor into it. I imagine if anyone had been hurt in the "wreck" your ESFJ aunt wouldn't have been anything like she was. At least, I'd hope not.

Personally, I may have said it exactly like she did, but the smirk on my face as I said it, along with the immediate description of what happened would have probably been the difference between myself and the person you described above.

I'd have to go with Implied though, kill her... She obviously deserves it for being such a mean person and toying with people's emotions.
    I was hoping you'd answer, Cracka, being a real, live ESFj and all. I didn't mean "excited" like happy-excited, but more like flustered [pretend-flustered?]. Like I said, she's not the healthiest ESFj, in any sense.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe she's a panicky person. Maybe she's didn't do it for a reaction but out of panic.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    Yeah i've noticed this too fwiw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean "excited" like happy-excited, but more like flustered [pretend-flustered?].
    Maybe she's a panicky person. Maybe she's didn't do it for a reaction but out of panic.
    Yeah, she could have just been overreacting a bit to the event. My mom (although not ESFj) would have a similar reaction just because she's a worry-wart. She'd say, "Oh no.. now she's going to have to call a tow truck. Is her husband at work? Does she have anybody to pick her up? What if she misses that PTA meeting tonight? I wonder if it's driveable... does she have insurance?" *worry worry worry*

At which point I'll get exhausted and say, "Mom, don't worry about it. I'm sure she's already called a tow truck and someone from her office is picking her up. If she needs a ride to the meeting, offer to pick her up."

But she won't quit. "Ooooh, I know. That's just so awful. I don't know what's wrong with people these days. Wasn't that person paying attention? They didn't even leave a note... I hope it isn't expensive to fix. Well I hope she makes it to the meeting tonight. I wonder if she had to miss much work." *stew stew stew worry worry worry*

It never ends. (but I'm sure she enjoys the drama *just a tiny bit*)
    IEE