Thread: Movement to rename socionics' definition

Creepy-Snaps

Default Movement to rename socionics' definition

You know what's dumb? Socionics is the study of intertype relationships. What about Identical relationships? That's not intertype, that's inter-people. That's intratype. Not an intertype relationship. 'The study of intertype relationships' is not all-encompassing for what socionics actually is! We need a change.

And considering how important function analysis is between two different types, why not 'the study of function interaction' or 'the study of interpersonal relationships' or 'the study of psychological interpersonal interaction' or 'the study of psychological relationships'.

I dunno. I'm just being picky cause of pianosinger's thread to rename "conflictors".

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i really wish i could objectively justify the idea of you being my conflictor.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two reactions.

1) This is thoroughly unnecessary. Just because you dislike her thread doesn't mean you ought to make fun of it.

2) The argument itself was worth a chuckle.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I dunno. I'm just being picky cause of pianosinger's thread to rename "conflictors".

Conflictors are fun! Let's rename them Funflictors!
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 01-29-2011 at 02:09 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hahaha

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know what's dumb? Socionics is the study of intertype relationships. What about Identical relationships? That's not intertype, that's inter-people. That's intratype. Not an intertype relationship. 'The study of intertype relationships' is not all-encompassing for what socionics actually is! We need a change.

And considering how important function analysis is between two different types, why not 'the study of function interaction' or 'the study of interpersonal relationships' or 'the study of psychological interpersonal interaction' or 'the study of psychological relationships'.

I don't know if you're joking or not but this has got to be one of the saddest things I've read for a while, well at least since the last thing I read on this site.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not 'the study of function interaction'
    Yes, I've always thought of socionics as "the study of interaction patterns between types"

It's not about relationships, that's too broad a definition. Something which contains the word 'interaction' will be better.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be picking on me a good deal lately...I'm going to assume it's because you like me
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    Hahahahaha. Likewise. And I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I don't know if you're joking or not but this has got to be one of the saddest things I've read for a while, well at least since the last thing I read on this site.
    Was only a joke.

And I don't understand your 2nd part. If you don't read here often, how can your prepositional phrase "for a while" hold any significance as to the degree of this thread's sadness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    2) The argument itself was worth a chuckle.
    That's all I was going for, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    You seem to be picking on me a good deal lately...I'm going to assume it's because you like me
    That's it!!! You guessed it!

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's it!!! You guessed it!
    I knew it
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst post ever...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That post isn't dumb IMO. It's so Ti of him to say that the definition of words and how something is used does not correlate with one another. He's just matching things up based on Ti type of thinking. Define the word then see how another source relates or doesn't relate to it (matching) is what Ti seeks to do.

If you looked up the definitions of intertype and intratype you would probably agree.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is using for sure, but the natural language convention here is dumb compared to the math convention, which is that things are not assumed to be distinct unless specified. Are you seriously going to say that we need a separate category for Identical relationships? It just doesn't make sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    He is using for sure, but the natural language convention here is dumb compared to the math convention, which is that things are not assumed to be distinct unless specified. Are you seriously going to say that we need a separate category for Identical relationships? It just doesn't make sense.
    That's what Ti does, makes categories. That's what TiSe does, makes many useless categories because they avoid Te (efficiency of these categories). These actions, of making categories, works fine for them because what else can they do with their Ne? What? conserve energy (using Si?) NO NO I don't think so... They make work so they can use their Se to do more work by form of extreme energy expenditure.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's what Ti does, makes categories. That's what TiSe does, makes many useless categories because they avoid Te (efficiency of these categories).
    Maybe if they're being retarded...sane/intelligent types know when to use and when to use .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maybe if they're being retarded...sane/intelligent types know when to use and when to use .
    Now that's not a socionics accurate statement because Ti base ignores Te..so they can't use both; they can only use one or the other. However, Ti creatives can use Te or demonstrate it.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's not a socionics accurate statement because Ti base ignores Te..so they can't use both; they can only use one or the other. However, Ti creatives can use Te or demonstrate it.
    EVERYBODY USES ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS DO SOME RESEARCH

see, I just used .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EVERYBODY USES ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS DO SOME RESEARCH

see, I just used .
    That's not what's written in Socioniko site.

Ignoring function
    The ignoring function is also called the observing, or limiting function.
    A person has very little use of this element, as it is the rival image of the base function, representing an antithetical approach to the same domain. It lies in the subconscious as a persistent annoyance to the individual. Therefore, he or she tries to ignore it. When lectured by another on the use of the ignoring function, the individual sees it as superfluous information, for he or she knows how to use the function well, but chooses not to use it in favor of his or her more convenient base function. Usually the base function creates byproducts relating to the ignoring function, but the way it describes such information is very carefully chosen to fit the view of the leading function.

Most of his writing on this is inaccurate.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what's written in Socioniko site.

Ignoring function
    The ignoring function is also called the observing, or limiting function.
    A person has very little use of this element, as it is the rival image of the base function, representing an antithetical approach to the same domain. It lies in the subconscious as a persistent annoyance to the individual. Therefore, he or she tries to ignore it. When lectured by another on the use of the ignoring function, the individual sees it as superfluous information, for he or she knows how to use the function well, but chooses not to use it in favor of his or her more convenient base function. Usually the base function creates byproducts relating to the ignoring function, but the way it describes such information is very carefully chosen to fit the view of the leading function.

Most of his writing on this is inaccurate.
    You are misinterpreting what it says. It doesn't say "Ti leading types always use Ti and always ignore Te", it says that Ti leading types "have very little use of Te". And even that is an exaggeration, IMO.

From The Dual Nature of Man:

Each individual has all eight IM elements contained in his psyche. In other words, each of us utilizes the same ways of receiving and processing information. However, in difficult situations that demand our intellectual efforts, people tend to rely on only one pair of elements — one black and one white. These are what define one's IM type.

In fact it's pretty hard for anyone to use without using . There's always a little bit of "spillover" between intro/extro forms.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I should say that I actually do sometimes like making categories that I'm probably never going to "use" per se (such as compulsively organizing internet bookmarks or tagging threads), but they have to have a point from a organizational point of view also.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are misinterpreting what it says. It doesn't say "Ti leading types always use Ti and always ignore Te", it says that Ti leading types "have very little use of Te". And even that is an exaggeration, IMO.

From The Dual Nature of Man:

Each individual has all eight IM elements contained in his psyche. In other words, each of us utilizes the same ways of receiving and processing information. However, in difficult situations that demand our intellectual efforts, people tend to rely on only one pair of elements — one black and one white. These are what define one's IM type.

In fact it's pretty hard for anyone to use without using . There's always a little bit of "spillover" between intro/extro forms.
    This is so simple, just read Jung's work; you are one or the other. It's clear as black and white to me; you have to ignore Te (which subsides in the subconscious) in order to do what you are which is Ti and be a Ti type. There's no other way; if there were, then I could be a dual to LII or anyone, which I can not be. We have very limited choices by freewill or by use of our brain's inherited abilities.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-06-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    -