Thread: Willem Dafoe

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Willem Dafoe

I just watched one of his movies, and I think he's some kind of type but I'm not sure of anything else. He doesn't send out strong signals but seems to be conscious of it.

EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems Fe-INFp. I wonder what kind of strong Fe signals you're referring to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE HIM.

that's all I wanted to say.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI or LSI

Extraverts can form a thought without losing their train of thought; they can think and talk at the same time.

Stutters but returns to complete the sentence while an I will stutter and repeat their thought because they search for them, their is no even continuity in their speech.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-07-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SLI or LSI

Extraverts can form a thought without losing their train of thought; they can think and talk at the same time.

Stutters but returns to complete the sentence while an I will stutter and repeat their thought because they search for them, their is no even continuity in their speech.
    First of all, your typing abilities suck. And are you implying that all introverts have speech impediments? lol
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE to the max.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks creepy.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI or LSI

No, I know what you mean. If I get distracted in the middle of a sentence I often have to 'start all over' and trace the thought back to the beginning, and I'll repeat it a couple times to try to restart the thought process and follow it again, but in my experience extraverts will be more able to just say whatever is in their mind even though it's a work in progress and it doesn't require as much focus or lack of distraction or something.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    He looks creepy.
    like, a little too much grinning and smiling, and voice is a little too soft and soothing - sort of like Mr. Rogers. He's got a big mouth with lots of teeth.

I watched it again. I dunno, I can't get this guy. He doesn't offend me too horribly, he doesn't seem too totally foreign and strange to me, and yet I have trouble sometimes understanding what he's talking about. That often happens to me with Ni types, where I just can't follow how one idea led to another. I'm not really sure about his type and I'm also not sure whether I like or dislike him. I imagined that he was talking directly to me, giving me instructions about the type of work we were going to do, and it seemed okay enough.

Perhaps what I feel is a sort of 'indifferent' or 'neutral' reaction. It's hard for me to care much about this person one way or the other.

solution... watch it a third time

Okay, I'm watching a different interview.

I see him a couple times using what I think is Se . He describes buildings, for instance, around 2:15 - 2:25, 'these buildings only two or three stories tall...' He's talking about what a town looks like. I find myself slightly bored when I listen to this description, which I take as a hint that it might be .

He has the excessive grinning and smiling here too. Based on my own experience, I connect excessive smiling with drug use.

3:17 'That's the Wooster Group!' Loud, strong voice, animated - and again, it's a 'That Is' statement, which I think might be . It is this group of people who go by this name. 'Oh (inaudible), for twenty years!' Again, a statement about a specific length of time, expressed as a number - ? ?
    Last edited by Nico1e; 09-07-2011 at 04:16 PM.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Ni-ENTj
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'you gotta find out what works to get what you need' (5:40) sounds like

6:40 - 7:03 'I know adults bury these things, but I'm gonna seek him out... and I was gonna beat the hell out of him.' Sounds like... you know what

(still referring to the interview I posted, not the video in the original post)

If he really is using a lot of , that explains why I feel bored, indifferent, and neutral about him.

That sounds terrible! Just a disclaimer. I have liked, and loved, and been friends with, a lot of Se people in my life. I'm just trying to say that is my ignore function, and when someone is using a lot of it, my brain blanks out and doesn't pay attention. That would sound really insulting to any of my friends who are and I don't mean it that way.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a great actor.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    SLI or LSI

First of all, your typing abilities suck. And are you implying that all introverts have speech impediments? lol
    It's not a speech impediment; it's something like the link between thoughts and words (expression of these thoughts) or manifestation of thoughts into objective forms.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morcheeba, how do you yourself feel about him - like/dislike?

And, I thought I saw him using Se several times, did it look that way to you at all?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's probably Ni/Se sx/so ....but I can't decide between Se ego or Ni ego (EJ ..)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-INFp

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default 'Fishing with John'

My favorite 'Fishing with John' episode!

I Willem Dafoe.

Creepy-male

IEI or EIE

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some Ni-dominant... his energy doesn't really seem to fit EJ.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

doesn't he look a bit too "tough" and manly for that lol

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    doesn't he look a bit too "tough" and manly for that lol
    I go Se-SLE 8w9, 854 tritype makes sense, leaned to one of the so-last stacks. Not the first time I had someone at SLE and saw NF votes everywhere, probably won't be the last.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

base can be tough especially those with vision, having suggestive doesn't make you a pussy, just sorta suggests being quite out of tune with tangible reality, in your mind a lot and needing to be brought down out of it to experience it physically instead of pondering about it. One interpretation I kinda like for is by Golihov, who calls it the integrity or harmony of the internal situation. It's said that base can sustain composure or calm even if everything around them is in chaos, so long as their ideological beliefs aren't affected and they remain true to themselves. I can imagine that coming out in bad ass ways. I've also had times where I've been more courageous than my SLE sister, where I've remained calm trying to deal with a situation while she's losing her shit.

This guy kinda reminds me of Stephen King but seems more ILI than IEI. Where do you see -SLE in him, @woofwoofl?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    This guy kinda reminds me of Stephen King but seems more ILI than IEI. Where do you see -SLE in him, @woofwoofl?
    First, nonverbal expressions, especially eyes, led me to SLE (Jim Carrey mainly, also Henry Rollins, Se-SLE), next Lou Reed (Se-LSI), then Mehmet Oz. 4 to 5 minutes into 2009 Berlindale interview had recognition of, and confusion over, the concept of "an actor" in terms of inherence (Ne, aristocracy; delta), and instead went into people being united by actively making movies (beta aristocracy). Concrete details everywhere in his speech. Imo bodily movements show a barely contained energy (HP cog, likely heightened by extro + narrative), asking/process should be more monolithic and stiff.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

woody harrelson mirite

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

my initial hunch was IEI-Fe (enneagram: so/sp 3w4)

His expression style is rather jumbled and chaotic. It feels very dynamic. And he's got that positivist irrational habit of throwing out commentary in addendum and attaching it to what has been previously said, "also...also...and" instead of carefully sorting things out.

Dafoe: "...I really made a conscious effort to mix it up, not because in itself it's not the job of an actor to do all different things, but for me that's what I'm interested in. You've got to be careful because you've got to work with what you have, not just for vanity's sake, but I think the best part of being an actor sometimes is the opportunity to transform yourself superficially, and deeply. So, it's true in the beginning I started playing villains and I think that's pretty clear because if you don't conventionally look a certain way and you've got a certain kind of presence when you're young, then what's available to you is character roles and the best character roles when you're young tend to be villains. And, also, it's fun to be bad and the only problem is often villain roles are devices and they lack a certain depth. They're signs, they're signals and after a little while you want something to chew on and if you function in a film it's the same too often. I think what happens is you develop a language that distances you from a certain kind of flashpoint of inspiration and creativity and you may refine that and that may be your work, but I'm not so interested in that. I think the best work comes when you're unsure, when you're terrified, when you're off balance."

"I think all characters live in you. You just frame them, give them circumstances, and that character will happen."
    Last edited by silke; 10-14-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think LSI, but IEI probably works better.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

reminds me of klaus kinski

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willem Dafoe - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've seen him typed as IEI-Fe which is believable. So/sp.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a hard one, as he seems to be a well rounded person. This video did the trick for me:

Ergo: IEI.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE