TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Stereotypes/Buzzwords of the 16 types

ILE:

SEI: Ethical, Sensitive, Sensual, Introvert, Irrational, Typical Housewife, Democratic, Melancholic.

LII: Logical, Introvert, Rational, Strategist, Nerd, Programmer, Scientist, Upper-class, Democratic, Phlegmatic.

ESE:

SLE:

IEI:

LSI:

EIE: Rational, Extrovert, Ethics, Intuition, Stubborn, Aristocratic, Emo-boy, Chaotic, Internet troll, Freak, Pervert.

SEE:

ILI: Irrational, Introvert, Logical, Democratic, Serious, Misanthropic, Troll, Goth, "I-Know-Everything", Snob.

ESI: Ethical, Sensing, Introvert, Rational, Paladin,"The Lone Samurai", The white knight of internet, Good guy with bad temper, Phlegmatic, Lawful Good.

LIE:

IEE:

SLI:

EII:

LSE:

Many months ago, I came across a tumblr blog that creates stereotypical and sarcastic descriptions of the 16 types: http://personalityisafandom.tumblr.com/

Their dedication to the quality of the descriptions so far is wonderful, and what better yet to share it among a community of people who admire new content to socionics.

However, the blog has been inactive the past few months, so for someone to help fulfill the remaining descriptions using collaboration, editing and revising would assist me greatly.

Also, if you dislike the descriptions so far, I can might be able to revise them to something more suitable. (When the situation deems necessary)

NOTE: The blog contains a mixture of MBTI/Socionics comparisons/crossovers; just a notification.

EDIT: Is the link fully functional? If you aren't able to access it please let me know.
    Last edited by Avalonia; 02-05-2015 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Logical, Introvert, Rational, Strategist, Nerd, Programmer, Scientist, Upper-class, Democratic, Phlegmatic.

Logical- yes
    Introvert- yes
    Rational- yes
    Strategist- yes
    Nerd- depends on who you ask.
    Programmer- I don't program but I did take a programming class back in college and caught on quickly. I think LII in general tends to take onto programming easier than other types.
    Scientist- not by profession but I think very scientifically and I'm interested in such topics
    Upper-class- Nope. I'd classify myself as lower middle class. I don't make alot of money. I do have enough to meet my basic needs but not much more than that. I don't think this is an accurate descriptor for LII. I don't think LII cares too much for money as long as they can pursue their intellectual interests.
    Democratic- I'm politically democratic. Is that what you were trying to get at here? Or do you mean democratic as in terms of Reinin dichotomies?
    Phlegmatic- Somewhat this way.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A. People are gonna be all like "Stereotypes are silly and can be misleading when you're learning the theory," but regardless:

B. When Wikisocion stops being down (down at the time of writing http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ikisocion_home) you'll find some interesting social roles. I found these somewhere:
    Common social roles (ILI/INTp)
    1. The computer geek who lives in virtual reality and understands computers and Internet communication, but is at a loss for how to act in real-life social situations.
    2. The mystic or spiritual philosopher who is into all things mystical, esoteric, or eastern and makes little sense to the material-minded.
    3. The encyclopedist or librarian type who knows literally all there is to know about vast areas of knowledge, but does not use his or her knowledge at work.
    Common social roles (ILE/ENTp)
    1. The lawyer who will argue about anything with anyone, making no distinction between logic and rhetoric.
    2. The clown with a spontaneous and often critical wit.
    3. The outgoing nerd who makes jokes about things like parabolas and wears things like fishermen's vests to work and to parties because all the pockets are convenient for holding stuff.
    Common social roles (LII/INTj)
    1. The lone repository of truth — the last stalwart in a crazy world of illogic and delusion.
    2. The self-sacrificing workaholic who works so hard not to earn money (usually underpaid anyway), but because he doesn't feel he deserves to slow down and give anything less than 100%.
    3. Mr. or Ms. Literal, who says exactly what (s)he means, and trusts that you will too.

C. On the subject of LIIs, I think some common buzzwords are "concept-constructing" and "optimise". The former because we love to create solid theoretical structures which explain things well, and try to make it as universal or widely applicable as possible. Think Kant or philosophy in general. The latter because I often find optimising and doing things not inefficiently to be more important than have the greatest impact as possible. I'd rather spend time tinkering with a system -- say reading my emails or managing work -- than be out trying to accomplish more business.

D. Finally, we should remove the "Rational, Extrovert, Ethics" part of the stereotypes. I think it adds cognitive load because you have to read it and it primes you to think from a socionics theory POV, not a "how do I stereotype this type" POV. Also, no way are EIEs the everyday form of "rational".
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just for the fun of it:

1. The computer geek who lives in virtual reality and understands computers and Internet communication, but is at a loss for how to act in real-life social situations.
    Sort of true.

2. The mystic or spiritual philosopher who is into all things mystical, esoteric, or eastern and makes little sense to the material-minded.
    I'm not really interested in mystical matters.

3. The encyclopedist or librarian type who knows literally all there is to know about vast areas of knowledge, but does not use his or her knowledge at work.
    Yes. Perhaps I ought to change my type to ILI. But then my username would have to be ILIbrarian and that just doesn't work as well.

1. The lawyer who will argue about anything with anyone, making no distinction between logic and rhetoric.
    Nope.

Sometimes.

3. The outgoing nerd who makes jokes about things like parabolas and wears things like fishermen's vests to work and to parties because all the pockets are convenient for holding stuff.
    I have a rather nerdy sense of humor. Visit my profile. You'll find an asymptote joke on there.

1. The lone repository of truth — the last stalwart in a crazy world of illogic and delusion.
    LOL! Yep.

2. The self-sacrificing workaholic who works so hard not to earn money (usually underpaid anyway), but because he doesn't feel he deserves to slow down and give anything less than 100%.
    Only if the work is really important to me.

3. Mr. or Ms. Literal, who says exactly what (s)he means, and trusts that you will too.
    Depends on what it is. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

C. On the subject of LIIs, I think some common buzzwords are "concept-constructing" and "optimise". The former because we love to create solid theoretical structures which explain things well, and try to make it as universal or widely applicable as possible. Think Kant or philosophy in general. The latter because I often find optimising and doing things not inefficiently to be more important than have the greatest impact as possible. I'd rather spend time tinkering with a system -- say reading my emails or managing work -- than be out trying to accomplish more business.

Yes to that.
    Last edited by The Exception; 02-05-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    3. Mr. or Ms. Literal...
    @Kim

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    @Kim
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    A. People are gonna be all like "Stereotypes are silly and can be misleading when you're learning the theory," but regardless:

B. When Wikisocion stops being down (down at the time of writing http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ikisocion_home) you'll find some interesting social roles. I found these somewhere:

D. Finally, we should remove the "Rational, Extrovert, Ethics" part of the stereotypes. I think it adds cognitive load because you have to read it and it primes you to think from a socionics theory POV, not a "how do I stereotype this type" POV. Also, no way are EIEs the everyday form of "rational".
    A: The use of stereotypes in socionics creates a "generalization" to create a overall distinguishable character of the type and form a uniqueness compared to other specific types. However, I can understand perfectly why it is an unfavorable method of typing in retrospect of the community.

B: I'm very much aware of the [Common social roles] of the socionics types, and I myself wished to formulate such similar descriptions in a different manner.
    Perhaps I can establish another thread that dignifies a previous idea I had about the types, "Tropes of the 16 types" and it would go in depth on the satirical cases of the 16 types. (Less stereotypes, more "sub-types")

C: I most certainly agree, LIIs are natural born "Thinkers" after all.

D: I didn't create these descriptions, the moderator of the personality blog's native language is Russian, which would explain why he repeats key phrases and generates that cognitive load to begin with.
    I also note, the moderator's type is ILE, subtype is my guess; it really is a shame he never finished the series of descriptions, we would actually have at least something to use for the other type's "buzzwords". Lastly, I think it should be stated that ALL egos aren't the everyday form of rational.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in favor of making the new thread?
    Last edited by Avalonia; 02-06-2015 at 12:57 AM.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megane View Post
    All in favor of making the new thread?
    I think the thread just needs more love. I haven't cracked the secret to great threads yet, though.

BUT IF WE'RE TALKIN' TROPES:

ILI (or sometimes LII): http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmugSnake
    LII: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fferableGenius and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...NoSocialSkills
    ILE: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...illiantButLazy and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...unnyEarsLawyer
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy