Thread: Can Se/Si ego in children/adolescents manifest itself as hypersensitivety??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Can Se/Si ego in children/adolescents manifest itself as hypersensitivety??

Just wondering. I think I'm SEE now, ffs.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hypersensitivity to what? can you be more specific?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    hypersensitivity to what? can you be more specific?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

Could an individual be like this growing up as a result of strong sensing? And then be typical Se/Si types as adults, once those functions have fully developed? Or are ego functions constant and i'm showing a complete lack of understanding?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

there have been a couple threads on it before. i don't remember if correlations were made but i remember both sensing and intuitive types saying they had experienced it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say not necessarily. In fact, most ESxx types I know seem to be somewhat the opposite of that description
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I would say not necessarily. In fact, most ESxx types I know seem to be somewhat the opposite of that description
    Yeah I was considering LSI and ESI as well, it was just an interesting thought. I'm pretty sure i'm gamma though.

Is there a general consensus on how type develops with age? Because I haven't been able to find anything on that anywhere.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ainfigur View Post
    Yeah I was considering LSI and ESI as well, it was just an interesting thought. I'm pretty sure i'm gamma though.

Is there a general consensus on how type develops with age? Because I haven't been able to find anything on that anywhere.
    Apparently that's something mbti does which socionics doesn't do...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    There's so many things wrong with that..

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know at least one Si ego who claims for herself to be a highly sensitive person. I guess it's her combination of Si and Fe. But her empathy only reaches to the point where she can tell, someone feels good or bad. Other than that she is more of a highly self-absorbed person and when she is too occupied with her Si, all her little sicknesses and how uncomfortable she feels, she isn't aware of anything going on in other people's lives.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    There's so many things wrong with that..
    Actually there will be stuff available on this, because of the whole "Ex, No, Si, Ti" dimensions thingy, so ima look into that. Also on wikipedia "Vladimir Ermak first introduced two important concepts of modern socionics further confirmed by Elena Udalova research. The first one is the growth dynamics which means that every horizontal block of two functions (see below) is filling in the certain age, from bottom to top, with the roughly 7-year interval, so that the lowest block is done before 7, the next is complete before 14, the weak part of the mental track is done before 21, and the top block finally leads after that. Due to this process, a child, or a teenager, may demonstrate faces of other sociotypes according to the active horizontal block. Besides, being introduced to the unknown people, or in stressful situations, people again may demonstrate adaptive or protective behaviour directed by the appropriate blocks". But I can't find anything else on this with a quick google search.

I wish I was russian so I could know my type or I could not be lazy and read.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually there will be stuff available on this, because of the whole "Ex, No, Si, Ti" dimensions thingy, so ima look into that. Also on wikipedia "Vladimir Ermak first introduced two important concepts of modern socionics further confirmed by Elena Udalova research. The first one is the growth dynamics which means that every horizontal block of two functions (see below) is filling in the certain age, from bottom to top, with the roughly 7-year interval, so that the lowest block is done before 7, the next is complete before 14, the weak part of the mental track is done before 21, and the top block finally leads after that. Due to this process, a child, or a teenager, may demonstrate faces of other sociotypes according to the active horizontal block. Besides, being introduced to the unknown people, or in stressful situations, people again may demonstrate adaptive or protective behaviour directed by the appropriate blocks". But I can't find anything else on this with a quick google search.

I wish I was russian so I could know my type or I could not be lazy and read.
    i stand corrected. I once asked @hkkmr about type development and he assured me that there wasn't anything substantial on that. I'll look into it as well, it's of interest to me so thanks

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I know at least one Si ego who claims for herself to be a highly sensitive person. I guess it's her combination of Si and Fe. But her empathy only reaches to the point where she can tell, someone feels good or bad. Other than that she is more of a highly self-absorbed person and when she is too occupied with her Si, all her little sicknesses and how uncomfortable she feels, she isn't aware of anything going on in other people's lives.
    Are you friends with her? Sometimes people say they're sensitive when really they're just assholes looking for justification.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Are you friends with her? Sometimes people say they're sensitive when really they're just assholes looking for justification.
    I have been friends with her, but due to her so-called "hyper-sensitivity" which turned out to be nothing more than a mild paranoia she messed our friendship up.
    She thought I was ignoring and neglecting her, when I actually just had to do a lot of stuff for university and couldn't bring up the nerve for listening to her talking two hours on the phone about her menstrual disorder. When I told her I couldn't keep up the conversation on the phone because a.) the phone was slightly broken, b.) my mother interrupted the conversation and c.) I had to study I told her the truth and even felt sorry for ending the call after only 10 minutes, because although I asked her twice if it's alright and she said "no problem" I knew she felt insulted. So I actually wanted to write her a text message later to invite her over or something like that. But I received a mail from her instead in which she accused me of being a liar and a bad friend with no sense of loyalty.

So much for hypersensitivity. I could say in her case it was a way of justifying her weird behavior. Here's an example: We went to a bookstore once and as I walked to the fantasy novels we passed the esoteric bookshelf. She said she could "sense" demons there. My facial expression was like: She - herself being Korean - said she could sense a demonic aura in Japanese traditional music. Me again: (Here she only used her "hypersensitivity" to justify her racist views)
    Also, she had a talent of poking her nose into everything. She sensed someone didn't feel that well, for example, she would immediately go to that person and ask them what's going on, but don't really listen to their problems, but instead talk to them with the intensity of a machine gun. I wouldn't call that being a sensitive person, because I should be able to at least sense how people react to my actions and words. Something I'm better at, I can see it immediately in a person's face when I overstepped a line and hurt someone. A feeling of shame will run through me immediately like an adrenaline rush.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I have been friends with her, but due to her so-called "hyper-sensitivity" which turned out to be nothing more than a mild paranoia she messed our friendship up.
    She thought I was ignoring and neglecting her, when I actually just had to do a lot of stuff for university and couldn't bring up the nerve for listening to her talking two hours on the phone about her menstrual disorder. When I told her I couldn't keep up the conversation on the phone because a.) the phone was slightly broken, b.) my mother interrupted the conversation and c.) I had to study I told her the truth and even felt sorry for ending the call after only 10 minutes, because although I asked her twice if it's alright and she said "no problem" I knew she felt insulted. So I actually wanted to write her a text message later to invite her over or something like that. But I received a mail from her instead in which she accused me of being a liar and a bad friend with no sense of loyalty.
    Shit I don't think I could last 2 minutes listening on the phone about someone's menstrual disorder.

It seems it is good to get rid of her.

So much for hypersensitivity. I could say in her case it was a way of justifying her weird behavior. Here's an example: We went to a bookstore once and as I walked to the fantasy novels we passed the esoteric bookshelf. She said she could "sense" demons there. My facial expression was like: She - herself being Korean - said she could sense a demonic aura in Japanese traditional music. Me again: (Here she only used her "hypersensitivity" to justify her racist views)
    She sounds like she has some kind of mental illness.

Also, she had a talent of poking her nose into everything. She sensed someone didn't feel that well, for example, she would immediately go to that person and ask them what's going on, but don't really listen to their problems, but instead talk to them with the intensity of a machine gun. I wouldn't call that being a sensitive person, because I should be able to at least sense how people react to my actions and words. Something I'm better at, I can see it immediately in a person's face when I overstepped a line and hurt someone. A feeling of shame will run through me immediately like an adrenaline rush.
    Sounds ... difficult.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit I don't think I could last 2 minutes listening on the phone about someone's menstrual disorder.
    I cannot either. Also she asks me about side effects of the pill... do I look like a fucking gynecologist????!!!! I can't remember having studied medicine.
    I actually tried to tell her that most of her sicknesses are psychosomatic: menstrual disorders, food allergies, muscle tension. All results of her psychic stress (and she had a lot of that for reasons I don't want to post here) and she should rather deal with that, but she didn't want to.

She sounds like she has some kind of mental illness.
    Not really, just a lot of stress and her upbringing was kind of weird. Her sister on the other side probably suffers from bipolar. It hasn't been officially diagnosed, but she almost died in the cold because she fell asleep on a park bench in winter (sleeping disorder is one of the common signs for a mental disorder) and she had those extreme mood swings from euphoria to depression and suicide thoughts. But her family thinks everything can be healed by praying. But they only prayed the symptoms away, not the actual disease. Sometimes people should actually embrace the fact something's wrong with their psyche and visit a doctor. Believing in miracles shouldn't stop someone from making a rational decision. :/

I know of a 3 year old suspected SLE who gets extremely upset when she is in hot weather, or has to wear certain clothes or style her hair in a way she doesn't like. She seems hypersensitive to any physical changes in the environment.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well I'll give you an interesting example here. We had a huge family get together one day and my nephew and niece were there. My nephew is SEI and niece is SEE. After the party, both were arguing about whether one of their cousin's showed up. In the midst of this argument I got to see how Se and Si worked in 7 year old kids. This is how the argument went.

SEI: Aren (cousin) was there.
    SEE: No he wasn't. I didn't see him.
    SEI: YES HE WAS. HE WAS THERE.
    SEE: NO HE WASN'T

I stopped this argument and asked each one individually. First to my nephew, "honey, did Aren come in maybe when Lily (the SEE) wasn't in the room?" He responded with silence.

"Lily, do you think maybe honey Aren showed up when you were not in the room?" She said, "maybe, I had to go to the bathroom."

So that my SEE niece didn't actually take in with her senses that Aren was there she couldn't come to believe that it was a reality which is what Se the function is driven to behold. A part of what is perceived through their own senses (hearing, sound etc) and therefore interpreted as reality. While my nephew just wanted to make a point but didn't understand how to communicate it to someone who he just wanted to believe him without much proof.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html