Thread: Quick test for sensing and intuition

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Quick test for sensing and intuition

If one refers to N as the set of connections among facts whereas S refers to the set of facts, the two categories of information will overlap like A and B does in the diagram below. The overlap is where S and N are the same because it's information that's both fact and connection or it's both absolute and relative or both quantitative and qualitative. If one assumes that the diagram represents the total S and N information that is available for a particular person to input, the overlap can vary greatly. Theoretically, a particular type will operate only within the N or S circle but it can be hard to distinguish which circle one is in when one operates primarily within the overlap. A similar confusion can exist among T and F processes.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And what's the purpose of this?

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The best description I found about Se or Ne was with a barcode:

Se see's the black lines while Ne see's what is not actually "there" - the white lines.
    But the white or black lines do not exist without one another. That means that Ne and Se don't overlap on a specific area but overlap completely and build layers.

Or they don't overlap at all because they complement each other.
    Depends on the point of view.

Either way I think if you are confused about being sensing or intuitive you should take a look at all functions (Se, Si, Ne, Ni) and put them into the context of your Polr (or any other function you can identify confidently ).

Also, watching your own thought process is always tricky. Watch other people (type them) and your relationships. It's not just a question of S or N. All functions work together.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    And what's the purpose of this?
    Sorry, I thought I was adding this to a thread but instead I created a new one. It's just my way of saying that the very nature of information (includes processes) can sometimes obscure the determination information elements (I call preferences), both for the individual and the observer. It depends on where one's system is operating. Can this be deleted?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Sorry, I thought I was adding this to a thread but instead I created a new one. It's just my way of saying that the very nature of information (includes processes) can sometimes obscure the determination information elements (I call preferences), both for the individual and the observer. It depends on where one's system is operating. Can this be deleted?

a.k.a. I/O
    No no, now it's clarified! :3