View Poll Results: What is Penny Dreadful's type?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • EII- INFj

2 14.29%
  • IEE-ENFp

0 0%
  • EIE-ENFj

5 35.71%
  • IEI-INFp

6 42.86%
  • None, silly. It's ___ (specify in the thread)

1 7.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Curious Case Of Penny Dreadful's type (With video!)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The thing is that I hate myself a lot for how I approach conflict. I retaliate and tell people to fuck off /online/ because it's just so much easier, and irl against people that I have a certain degree of familiarity with ('Oh I know that guy, I can use some things that I noticed at him against him, if the opportunity arises'). Otherwise, it's a different story: attack me and you'll get nothing. I'll walk away, lip quivering, the corners of my mouth being heavy and weighed down, my throat protesting against my decisiin to stay silent (and a gulp to drown everything out) and i'll avoid looking at the aggressor.
    @Troll Nr 007

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    The thing is that I hate myself a lot for how I approach conflict. I retaliate and tell people to fuck off /online/ because it's just so much easier, and irl against
    Despite the situation is disliked it does not touch deep enough to arise compensations or fixes. Also there is no shame to describe this publicly. It's just a constatation, - yes, I'm bad there, dislike it but do nothing there. Se seems as nonvalued, besides weak. Ni types try to play macho, respect force and will, fall to blind anger - nothing of this.

> people that I have a certain degree of familiarity with ('Oh I know that guy, I can use some things that I noticed at him against him, if the opportunity arises').

Ne approach to conflicts. Even in the vocabulary - "opportunity".

> Otherwise, it's a different story: attack me and you'll get nothing.

will get passive aggressive reactions, as minimum. until will be forgiven. N types do this easer, as understand people act badly mostly because of their juvenility. while to forgive children is norma

> and i'll avoid looking at the aggressor

Fe would look and there was a lot in that sight.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This *does* make sense, now that you mention it. Enthusiasm is always focused inward in my case, too.

My trip to Berlin was one of the best moments in my whole life, yet the person that i was travelling with kept asking me 'Why are you sad, I thought you wanted this.'

This whole 'Ni-Fe' thing could be teen angst, i don't even know

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This *does* make sense, now that you mention it. Enthusiasm is always focused inward in my case, too.

My trip to Berlin was one of the best moments in my whole life, yet the person that i was travelling with kept asking me 'Why are you sad, I thought you wanted this.'

This whole 'Ni-Fe' thing could be teen angst, i don't even know
    Why did the person think you were sad? Fe isn't just about showing happy clappy feelings - that type of Fe is more alpha, but even in alpha it's not just happy clappy.

My emotions are well disguised, an example, earlier this week I was really raging about a situation, but my SEE friend didn't realize, she said I conducted myself as fine. But, this type of stuff can take practice too.

I'm still getting that melancholy dreaminess Fe-Ni from you, but yeah, it could be as you say, teenage angst. Beta is most likely - just pick a type and go with it, usually the first one was the right one, it's only later that by overthinking everything, that this little personality theory seems like the most complex thing there could be.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    Why did the person think you were sad? Fe isn't just about showing happy clappy feelings - that type of Fe is more alpha, but even in alpha it's not just happy clappy.

My emotions are well disguised, an example, earlier this week I was really raging about a situation, but my SEE friend didn't realize, she said I conducted myself as fine. But, this type of stuff can take practice too.

I'm still getting that melancholy dreaminess Fe-Ni from you, but yeah, it could be as you say, teenage angst. Beta is most likely - just pick a type and go with it, usually the first one was the right one, it's only later that by overthinking everything, that this little personality theory seems like the most complex thing there could be.
    Yeah, each moment that passes without me dipping my toes in means that I'll never actually take the dive.
    I'm just waiting for a speciffic person to give me their feedback. Once they do, I think I'll have enough data and just settle for a type (at least for now, that is)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will commit the sin of double posting, but frankly, I don't care. Ladies and gentlemen, after getting overwhermingly numerous feedback on this thread (and outside of it, too), seriously, I didn't expect so many people to help me out, I have decided on my sociotype...For now.

*drum roll*

Cue curtain, my sociotype shall be IEI. Just like I said, after consulting with some people outside this server, I settled for this. The other (very likely) option was EIE, but an EIE with serious self-image and confidence issues.

I want to give a virtual boquet of flowers to all who participated and helped me close the case on this story. Big kisses for @Scarper who decided to bear with me for so long, same thing for purple puff @Troll Nr 007 , and of course all those who took part in this. Love you all, and see you around ♡

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like an introverted rational and intuitive. Not sure if LII or EII.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I will commit the sin of double posting, but frankly, I don't care. Ladies and gentlemen, after getting overwhermingly numerous feedback on this thread (and outside of it, too), seriously, I didn't expect so many people to help me out, I have decided on my sociotype...For now.

*drum roll*

Cue curtain, my sociotype shall be IEI. Just like I said, after consulting with some people outside this server, I settled for this. The other (very likely) option was EIE, but an EIE with serious self-image and confidence issues.

I want to give a virtual boquet of flowers to all who participated and helped me close the case on this story. Big kisses for @Scarper who decided to bear with me for so long, same thing for purple puff @Troll Nr 007 , and of course all those who took part in this. Love you all, and see you around ♡
    I didn't read all of the OP in this thread or the rest of the thread yet but if you are settled on type then I guess nevermind that. I do want to add that you do seem IEI based on your other type thread... an IEI that has some of the Dramatic flavour from Oldham personality styles, so it can resemble EIE somewhat, I guess. But your thing with primarily going by the Ni visions seems IEI, not EIE.

Your other thread had more on that, but also in this thread here "People commended my storywriting and storytelling abilities, and it was all a beautiful journey of self-discovery from there. Having to tell beautiful lies for a living is my aspiration, I guess. I want to incite people to dream, fear, cry, smile and travel. I want to offer them (and myself) a gateway, away from this world."

IEI is the storyteller (Ni) to make people feel different emotions (Fe creative). EIE acts and lives the emotions instead of just managing them in others. IEI is the one that offers a Ni escape from this world (idk how SLE needs this but apparently they do? lol).

"I don't like starting shit, but I love stirring it. As such, I admire the people that start shit in groups, but with a clear goal in mind."

I'm curious about this bit actually, what kind of shit, what kind of goal, got an anecdote about this or anything concrete?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Your Ne use is rather strong.

EIE-Ni if we need to use subtypes...

Or let's say that your Fe is rather inert. Typical in many cases and contact function is Ni. Furthermore you kind of seem to appreciate Ti more than IEI.
    Or more like causal deterministic style of thinking.
    What do you call inert Fe, her being low-keyish in expressiveness or something else?

What seems like appreciating Ti more than IEI?

Haha, that reminds me of an EIE I know who's a bit tired, that style of humor - but I don't type on like one comment haha, so it's all good.
    I would say it's the Dramatic style (in the everyday meaning of the word and also in the meaning Oldham personality styles theory uses it), which is EIE, yes, but OP clearly has more going on for them than just that. Such as, a *load* of Intuition / Ni.

Now this could still be strong Ni subtype of EIE, but OP seems to also primarily go by the Ni.

Well, it's difficult to say. I think i've sensed a bit of sharpness from you at times - which doesn't rule out any types, but, out of the types I've mentioned, ILI and EIE are more inclined for this. IEI can be sharp too, but with intuition in the base function, they're able to navigate it more, make it a bit smoother. ILIs are often rude - not saying your rude AT ALL, far from that for sure, but i'm getting/attempting to get a sense of what you're doing.

Although I suspected ILI a little from your video, going by how things are transpiring, I'd have to logically say EIE rather than my initial suspicion.

You're very poetic, it's a struggle to think you're like this all the time. You remind me of a young Morrissey - who's EIE.

So, EIE
    I've noticed the sharpness but some selftyped IEIs (where basically everyone else agrees that they are IEI) on this forum have it too...

Praise the sun!
    I'm far from poetic in day to day living, those juices run out pretty quickly if abused. But I do still have doubts. A Fe base who is as awkward and inexpressive as I? Can you upgrade it? I'd like to learn that, honestly.
    Awkwardness, eh, that's not the primary reason why I'd pick IEI over EIE for you but the Ni stuff you described. At least the way you described it, as far as it's accurate for how you really are in real life, is Ni leading rather than Ni creative.

I wouldn't however say that you are inexpressive. I didn't see your video, but in text in these two type threads I've read from you you are very expressive. In a light way, sure, but it's theatrical still.

Now, some IEIs (not all of them, sure) can turn on the expressive side of theirs in this exact same way, so that on its own isn't enough to type you as EIE. Apparently some of these IEIs also have this sharpness thing as mentioned by Scarper, but again, they self-type as IEI and everyone else types them IEI, so hey. (I'm being a bit sarcastic almost where I say "so hey". Because I don't think consensus on its own is automatically real proof.) The real point though is, I actually considered EIE-Ni for each of them before (including people not on this forum), and I put in a lot of time in this consideration, but I noticed the leading Ni over time. And then some actually have changed type between IEI and EIE before but they come off the same way as these EIEish self-typed IEIs.

EIE-Ni in my opinion and experience is more emotional beyond just being expressive in a light fun way. EIEs are just not "light fun" in that fashion. EIE-Ni will still have strong Ni but they don't seem to pour it out in such a consistent fashion without interruptions when they do speak of Ni things. Their Ni use in this way seems way more sporadic compared to these IEIs, immersing in it less constantly and readily. Instead, what they immerse in readily and without interruptions is Fe. And they are more Irrational-ish P-ish than EIE-Fe, sure, but still clear Rationals, to me. A good example of EIE-Ni on this forum is @SpreeFirit or @darya.
    Last edited by Myst; 01-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    What do you call inert Fe, her being low-keyish in expressiveness or something else?

What seems like appreciating Ti more than IEI?

I would say it's the Dramatic style (in the everyday meaning of the word and also in the meaning Oldham personality styles theory uses it), which is EIE, yes, but OP clearly has more going on for them than just that. Such as, a *load* of Intuition / Ni.

Now this could still be strong Ni subtype of EIE, but OP seems to also primarily go by the Ni.

I've noticed the sharpness but some selftyped IEIs (where basically everyone else agrees that they are IEI) on this forum have it too...

Awkwardness, eh, that's not the primary reason why I'd pick IEI over EIE for you but the Ni stuff you described. At least the way you described it, as far as it's accurate for how you really are in real life, is Ni leading rather than Ni creative.

I wouldn't however say that you are inexpressive. I didn't see your video, but in text in these two type threads I've read from you you are very expressive. In a light way, sure, but it's theatrical still.

Now, some IEIs (not all of them, sure) can turn on the expressive side of theirs in this exact same way, so that on its own isn't enough to type you as EIE. Apparently some of these IEIs also have this sharpness thing as mentioned by Scarper, but again, they self-type as IEI and everyone else types them IEI, so hey. (I'm being a bit sarcastic almost where I say "so hey". Because I don't think consensus on its own is automatically real proof.) The real point though is, I actually considered EIE-Ni for each of them before (including people not on this forum), and I put in a lot of time in this consideration, but I noticed the leading Ni over time. And then some actually have changed type between IEI and EIE before but they come off the same way as these EIEish self-typed IEIs.

EIE-Ni in my opinion and experience is more emotional beyond just being expressive in a light fun way. EIEs are just not "light fun" in that fashion. EIE-Ni will still have strong Ni but they don't seem to pour it out in such a consistent fashion without interruptions when they do speak of Ni things. Their Ni use in this way seems way more sporadic compared to these IEIs, immersing in it less constantly and readily. Instead, what they immerse in readily and without interruptions is Fe. And they are more Irrational-ish P-ish than EIE-Fe, sure, but still clear Rationals, to me. A good example of EIE-Ni on this forum is @SpreeFirit or @darya.
    Wow, didn't expect to get any replies on this after such a long time. Sorry to disappoint, but the post above made by me has been rendered invalid over the course of the past weeks. I just can't seem to stick to one type! I'm second-guessing everything, and my use of the functions is very blurry. It's been draining me more than anything. So the IEI typing went down the drain, sadly, as i feel like i was bullshitting all throughout this post.

The most popular opinion right now, though, from people who choose to stay away from this forum because of the crippling toxicity that lurks here, is that I'm a veeeery sad little malfunctioning IEE, which is actually pretty plausible.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI might actually work. His interest are ethical and in realm of beta>>delta.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Wow, didn't expect to get any replies on this after such a long time. Sorry to disappoint, but the post above made by me has been rendered invalid over the course of the past weeks. I just can't seem to stick to one type! I'm second-guessing everything, and my use of the functions is very blurry. It's been draining me more than anything. So the IEI typing went down the drain, sadly, as i feel like i was bullshitting all throughout this post.

The most popular opinion right now, though, from people who choose to stay away from this forum because of the crippling toxicity that lurks here, is that I'm a veeeery sad little malfunctioning IEE, which is actually pretty plausible.
    I don't know what makes you feel you were bullshitting. I typed you IEI based on more than just that post. No worries though, good luck to further self-discovery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123