Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What body type are you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What body type are you?

Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph?

I've always been fairly slim (6'2" 162 lbs), so I've thought I was purely ectomorph, but I've always had a light muscle tone even if I don't work out, and now that I do work out, the muscle builds fairly easily (not as hard to build as the typical ecto), so I'm probably somewhere between ecto and meso. Probably 75% ecto and 25% meso, since my shoulders are narrower and bone structure is more like that of an ecto, and the fact that I can pretty much eat whatever and don't put on weight.

Creepy-bg

I forgot which is which... link please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animorph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+2
    n00bIEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say meso 60 ecto 20 endo 20 I think, It's actually hard for me both to put on weight and to lose weight, I almost always remain around the same

However if I really really eat a lot I can get fatter, or if I really really diet hard I can become very slim. Both situations only last for a short time.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically 100% mesomorph it appears

even when thin, i am curvy to some extent. the muscles in my face are rather intimidating too. i can turn my forearm or even just wiggle a finger and see lots of muscles and tendons working under the skin, though not in bulk. they are just present like little machines. if i actually adopt a fitness routine i become insanely strong and fit in a hurry.

i tan very well and have thick dark hair, fwiw. i actually never knew this was associated with a body type.

i tend to look "too" skinny to others when i am anything under 120 lbs (i'm 5'2"). cheekbones, even eye sockets, seem muscle ridden.

okay, i was kidding about the last part, sort of.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been described as "willowy" and "soft" before. I'm not an ectomorph because they are often very thin in the *frail* way. I have never been frail even when I was anorexic and weighed very little. I'm not a mesomorph because I don't build muscle easily at all. I am less muscular than most everyone (except for the ectomorphs ). I do have some of the traits of the endomorph in that I tend to be soft... and weight will gather mainly in the abdomen. But my head isn't spherical, I suppose it is somewhat large though... my face is more oblong.

I'm just making up numbers here... but maybe I'm 65% endomorph, 35% mesomorph or something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've been described as "willowy" and "soft" before. I'm not an ectomorph because they are often very thin in the *frail* way. I have never been frail even when I was anorexic and weighed very little. I'm not a mesomorph because I don't build muscle easily at all. I am less muscular than most everyone (except for the ectomorphs ). I do have some of the traits of the endomorph in that I tend to be soft... and weight will gather mainly in the abdomen. But my head isn't spherical, I suppose it is somewhat large though... my face is more oblong.

I'm just making up numbers here... but maybe I'm 65% endomorph, 35% mesomorph or something.
    Yeah I'm not frail at all, like a the way people typically think of an ectomorph, actually I'm fairly strong, but the more defining factors are the narrower shoulders and short upper body relative to arm length, and the fast metabolism. Brad Pitt is an ectomorph, and I doubt people think of him as a skinny frail person.

Creepy-bg

endomorph probably

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. The problem with Ectomorph is that I build muscle easily, gain and lose fat easily, and have very broad shoulders. The problem with Mesomorph is that I have a slender arms and legs, and generally appear slim, though this may be because I am 6'3" in addition to having slender limbs. My waist is a pretty average size when I am at a normal weight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yeah I'm not frail at all, like a the way people typically think of an ectomorph, actually I'm fairly strong, but the more defining factors are the narrower shoulders and short upper body relative to arm length, and the fast metabolism. Brad Pitt is an ectomorph, and I doubt people think of him as a skinny frail person.
    hm, then maybe i'm sort of half ecto half meso. now are you talking about narrow shoulders in comparison to hips?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'll go for umm..let me see, I can put on weight easily but when I eat healthily I loose it easily. People describe my build as slim-medium. I'm not super strong but I can put on strength fairly easily, i'd say 40% ecto 30% endo and 30% meso, or something

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    hm, then maybe i'm sort of half ecto half meso. now are you talking about narrow shoulders in comparison to hips?
    (pic removed)

If you compare it to this ectomorph:

It resembles it much better than a mesomorph such as this:

Here's a diagram to compare the 3; notice with the shoulder difference relative to the head of the ecto vs meso.

Last edited by Steve; 05-14-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that first one a picture of you, Steve?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha. If Brad Pitt is an ectomorph this changes my entire view on it. Perhaps it isn't as frail as I thought. Oh whatever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Is that first one a picture of you, Steve?
    Yeah

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endomorph. Even when I played soccer and ran miles and miles every day I always looked short and chubby. Now i'm just short and fat, but still have a good amount of muscle allowing me to hurt anyone that actually says that to me. My thighs are still huge and my calf muscles are still considerably defined though, I just carry a lot of weight in my upper torso. I've always been quite athletic even though I never looked it, which was ok as long as I could get the job done. My endomorphic body does allow me to give hugs like a teddy bear though, so I don't really mind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, all i know is that being female seems to mess all this up. if you have some curves you are automatically meso? that seems stupid. and i'm not talking massive curves, just definition. upper body is definitely more "frail" than lower body, but neither appears weak OR flabby, in my estimation.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha. If Brad Pitt is an ectomorph this changes my entire view on it. Perhaps it isn't as frail as I thought. Oh whatever.
    Yeah, the frail-thing just represents and extreme, an unhealthy extreme imo. Just like an endomorph who is obese, vs an endomorph such as Shaquille O'Neal. (He may be Meso-Endo, not sure)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    idk, all i know is that being female seems to mess all this up. if you have some curves you are automatically meso? that seems stupid. and i'm not talking massive curves, just definition. upper body is definitely more "frail" than lower body, but neither appears weak OR flabby, in my estimation.
    Naked pic?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Naked pic?
    2nded

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In football, the quarterbacks and wide receivers will probably end up being Ecto-Meso, while the Line guys and the Full back will be more towards the Endo end. The meso guys will probably end up being the tight ends (the guys who can run a little but are bulkier and can barge their way through).

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I simply can't help but lean towards mesomorph for myself (maybe 60% meso, 40% ecto). Yes, I'm thin, but I'm also very lean and have broad shoulders. Additionally, I have no trouble putting on muscle and I believe I am more fast-twitch muscle fiber-dominant than slow-twitch.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah
    You and I have similar body types. I am about your height, weigh maybe ten more pounds, have similarly sized arms and look skinny. I also build muscle quickly.

The differences I can see between us is that I have more body fat, (there's always been a layer on my stomach, chest, and legs that I can't get rid of, no matter my weight or fitness level, which I guess is hormonal or something) my shoulders are broader, and my muscles are less defined, though you appear to have less "bulk" than I do. My muscles tend to grow instead of sharpen.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In football, the quarterbacks and wide receivers will probably end up being Ecto-Meso, while the Line guys and the Full back will be more towards the Endo end. The meso guys will probably end up being the tight ends (the guys who can run a little but are bulkier and can barge their way through).
    No honestly I disagree. In football the greatest majority of people are already meso. Those that have a slightly leaner build (but not ecto-meso, just like meso 70 ecto 30) will be quarterbacks. The big and lean ones - pure meso - will be tight ends. And the mesos a bit on the bulkier side will be full backs.

But they'll all be mesomorphs in the end, really, because it is a sport that already selects for mesomorphism.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    No honestly I disagree. In football the greatest majority of people are already meso. Those that have a slightly leaner build (but not ecto-meso, just like meso 70 ecto 30) will be quarterbacks. The big and lean ones - pure meso - will be tight ends. And the mesos a bit on the bulkier side will be full backs.
    agreed.

I believe Steve is the epitome of a healthy ectomorph.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm quite far to the Ectomorph side off things on the Ectomorph-Mesomorph scale.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score is 2.08.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph.
    precisely what I suspected.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    You and I have similar body types. I am about your height, weigh maybe ten more pounds, have similarly sized arms and look skinny. I also build muscle quickly.

The differences I can see between us is that I have more body fat, (there's always been a layer on my stomach, chest, and legs that I can't get rid of, no matter my weight or fitness level, which I guess is hormonal or something) my shoulders are broader, and my muscles are less defined, though you appear to have less "bulk" than I do. My muscles tend to grow instead of sharpen.
    Ah yeah I agree about the sharpness vs bulk thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they'll all be mesomorphs in the end, really, because it is a sport that already selects for mesomorphism.
    Well at least the kicker will probably be ecto lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a mesomorph with low physical skills because of lack of training.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I'm a mesomorph with low physical skills because of lack of training.
    Then you should train, maybe you can transform that D- in D+ and become closer to the next step in Human Evolution, that is the S+N+D+ Human Being.

Anyway, I haven't observed much of a correlation between body type and personality type.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to a test I took, and to my own views, I'm a mesomorph.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm some kind of endo/meso mix. That 100% perfectly valid test told me I was a 1.58.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you should train, maybe you can transform that D- in D+ and become closer to the next step in Human Evolution, that is the S+N+D+ Human Being.
    No, because monkeys are +++

Creepy-

Me too! Then again, I'm sure he really hits the gym (and the "supplements"?) for some of his movies (as in Fight Club )

As for me, ecto-meso. I'm tall (5'11) and on the thin side of normal (don't know my weight); I've been told I'm small-boned, but I don't know whether that's true. I've always been very athletic in various sports, though, and I don't have a hard time putting on muscle or losing/gaining weight. (Then again, ten years from now I may be singing a different tune... )

Why did you ask, Steve? Are you looking for body type/soc. type correlations?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What body type is in my avatar?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast