TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... how do polrs manifest?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    So... how do polrs manifest?
    Ti polr is manifest through a fervent dislike of cheese, an inimical tendency to incessantly repeat the word "australopithecus", and an enamoration with the color cadmium yellow. also Ti polr types usually tend to drive used chevrolet automobiles, are either shintoists or sikhs, and are adamant activists towards campaign finance reform in burkina faso.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    Ti polr is manifest through a fervent dislike of cheese, an inimical tendency to incessantly repeat the word "australopithecus", and an enamoration with the color cadmium yellow. also Ti polr types usually tend to drive used chevrolet automobiles, are either shintoists or sikhs, and are adamant activists towards campaign finance reform in burkina faso.
    getting a little personal here man.... hahahaha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think i agree with you on this. with Si/weak sensing (or at least what i generally consider to be such) it's taken place more in the form of having been in cars with ENTps, and having white knuckled it the whole time.

@loki - i think you can spot your supervisor's strong function as well, but i also think that if your supervisor actually likes you they may not press this too much? maybe similar with mirrors.
    Yes. Supervisor usually takes a liking to supervisee and tries to school them.

In my humble opinion, the supervisor is the absolute best teacher of a thing they're good at because the supervisee doesn't have any real defenses the incoming information, and the creative fosters that delivery. (Interpersonal tension aside, as that is less predictable between the two, and can happen to any two people, it will skew these results if it occurs).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post
    I just had to dig up that post. Hilarious
    Last edited by Chae; 12-13-2016 at 07:58 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The PoLRs I spot with ease are Se, Ne, Fi and mostly Si. Se through inability to level up, Ne through lack of originality and routine overdose, Fi through awkwardness in profound ways of relating, Si by completely destroying my beloved comfort zone ;~; The latter is the most obvious to me because what I need and value in others is denied.

Situation from my curation class that made me think I'm SP/SX but in fact, it was Si DS: my group members announced that we would have to work all night to get our statistics work finished.
    Me, liking neither stats nor willing to sacrificing my holy sleep, rebelled against them all whiny, "Is that even healthy!!", also pressuring them to start asap to get it done, at least, while they even wanted to postpone it. I did end up working all night not even losing an ounce of energy - eating away all of their food lmao, that's how I punish people - but left earlier. I didn't want to let them down nor did I dare to risk getting a bad grade. The major problem was just inconvenience. They kept on working until 4,5 am or something. Blasting music and drinking alcohol while working, while I was like That work won't be high quality, and you'll be ruined In retrospect, I'm pretty sure they were ENxj types

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easy for me to spot Se PoLR, but it's hard for me to identify any other PoLR. I feel like other IEs or maybe instinctual variants cover for other PoLRs more easily than for Se. E.g., having a social-first or social-second instinctual stacking seems to help my ILI friends be very good at promoting the group mood (Fe-like behavior), and being self-preservation-first seems to ensure that an LIE I know takes care of his physical well-being and makes time to relax and enjoy things (Si-like). My LSE friend is excellent at extracting the essence from situations (Te [or maybe ignored Ti] and Ne somehow producing Ni-like behavior?).

What on earth could produce Se-like behavior in an Se PoLR? Maybe enneagram 7/8? But those are very rare enneagram types for Se PoLRs (EII/LII)...

I just don't feel like anyone has as poor a relationship with their PoLR as Se PoLRs do (though I am probably biased by my own experience/being able to relate to it the most).

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can spot them all, but not always and not in everybody. Probably, the one that stands out the most for me is Fi PoRL. They have a meanness (and sometimes outright evil, as is the case sometimes with SLE) that is characteristic.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    I can spot them all, but not always and not in everybody. Probably, the one that stands out the most for me is Fi PoRL. They have a meanness (and sometimes outright evil, as is the case sometimes with SLE) that is characteristic.
    Hm, evil... can you give an example? What I perceived as a bit insensitive in them are the jokes, I've heard one say "How were your holidays? Did you get a new nose?" to someone, sort of inappropriate and tapping into some very problematic territory. Evil would be some gaslighting tactic to bully someone

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hm, evil... can you give an example? What I perceived as a bit insensitive in them are the jokes, I've heard one say "How were your holidays? Did you get a new nose?" to someone, sort of inappropriate and tapping into some very problematic territory. Evil would be some gaslighting tactic to bully someone
    Evil is having no empathy at all for people. That's not being mean (SLE's are usually not mean, they are very suave and give an impression of kindness), but behaving in way that is not in the best interest of another person. This is something that comes naturally to Fi PoLR types. That's why they make good salesmen.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Evil is having no empathy at all for people. That's not being mean (SLE's are usually not mean, they are very suave and give an impression of kindness), but behaving in way that is not in the best interest of another person. This is something that comes naturally to Fi PoLR types. That's why they make good salesmen.
    Ah, I get the correlation. Why do you think Fi PoLR is more prone to pulling a non-empathetic move?

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post
    "I just had to dig up that post. Hilarious

Omg �� @aestrivex

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    Omg �� @aestrivex
    Cadmium yellow is actually quite nice

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good or evil is really . The socion is symmetrical, so I couldn't say any type is a mistake...

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya go to far m8

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadmium yellow is actually quite nice
    Mercadium blue and asphalt orange is pretty cool too

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I get the correlation. Why do you think Fi PoLR is more prone to pulling a non-empathetic move?
    Sounds more like narcissistic personality disorder.

Ntr still, maybe it's just the people you're exposed to

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP, polrs are harder to spot than ego functions and mobilizing, even demonstrative

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sounds more like narcissistic personality disorder.

Ntr still, maybe it's just the people you're exposed to

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yes. Supervisor usually takes a liking to supervisee and tries to school them.

In my humble opinion, the supervisor is the absolute best teacher of a thing they're good at because the supervisee doesn't have any real defenses the incoming information, and the creative fosters that delivery. (Interpersonal tension aside, as that is less predictable between the two, and can happen to any two people, it will skew these results if it occurs).
    Nah, there is a real defense - PoLR's inability to process information fast. It can process the information from Supervisor and may accept some of it for real as a consequence after having properly processed it but such absorbing of the information will take terribly long with limited results for the PoLR information itself and is not recommended in most life situations. Where it can be helpful is PoLR providing more of a perspective to the HA, maybe. Still, a very lengthy and effortful process if the information is coming from the Supervisor and not from the Dual.

If you just mean Supervisee willingly following advice of the Supervisor without understanding any of it, well I don't recommend that either. Will usually not work unless Supervisor has all relevant information about the issue/situation to be solved but that's usually not the case, far from it. Also you can't have your Supervisor always holding your hand. And blind trust is no good anyway.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Nah, there is a real defense - PoLR's inability to process information fast. It can process the information from Supervisor and may accept some of it for real as a consequence after having properly processed it but such absorbing of the information will take terribly long with limited results for the PoLR information itself and is not recommended in most life situations. Where it can be helpful is PoLR providing more of a perspective to the HA, maybe. Still, a very lengthy and effortful process if the information is coming from the Supervisor and not from the Dual.

If you just mean Supervisee willingly following advice of the Supervisor without understanding any of it, well I don't recommend that either. Will usually not work unless Supervisor has all relevant information about the issue/situation to be solved but that's usually not the case, far from it. Also you can't have your Supervisor always holding your hand. And blind trust is no good anyway.
    I'm not sure about all this blind trust stuff but imagine that my statements apply to situations where there is a literal teacher and student situation.

I realize that most people are going to disagree with my statements about this relationship.

I realize this is terribly situational and requires that there aren't conflicts. I also am not claiming that they will like one another, simply that the supervisee can benefit from learning from the supervisor of they're spending time learning from them. (Recall that I'm speaking about a supervisor that's competent in the area).
    Last edited by carrina; 12-13-2016 at 11:58 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find Fe PoLR very easy to spot and very endearing. After that comes Se PoLR then Ne PoLR. Fi PoLR usually only shows itself once the friendship ball starts rolling. Si PoLR is impossible.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti PoLR through conversation probably applies Fi PoLR. It can be basically this: OMG people teasing with me useless math or OMFG get rid of your feelings and detach. Granted that I have seen ENFp getting interested in advanced level math book (after being terrible at it in school)which can be other way around with ESFps.
    It is easy to tease out Ne PoLR.
    Of course seeing Se POLR in a spot.
    Te PoLR but I don't really care about it. Can be humorous or something...
    Depends on the interaction environment.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-14-2016 at 05:00 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fe PoLR: After working with an SLI in my java class, I've come to realize there's no way in hell that my Fe is in the same placement as his.. I think I'm taken too literally and everything I say is meant to be more open to interpretation (which to me is Beta NF syndrome but I don't think I'm one of those either) >_>

Both Ji PoLRs are pretty easy to spot too, but I don't really bother correcting them or feeling annoyed by it...especially ILE/IEEs because I'm receptive to both their creatives when applied to their leading function anyways

Si polr and Se HA both kinda violate my very being, impossible not to notice their physical presence. Always wanting to do something... always trying something... I just wanna smoke weed in bed and listen to music with a cat or at least a pillow that looks like a cat

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    For me, it's Fe. No other PoLR generates such awkwardness or embarrassing social situations. I'm sure some are good at hiding it, but the totally out-of-place remarks and inappropriate social behavior immediately stand out when I see it. It's not always a bad thing; it's sometimes refreshing, and I usually find it very entertaining, but in a social setting it can be just awful.
    Here's an interesting question: do Fe PoLRs notice when other people mess up with Fe? Are they only oblivious of their own lack?

Fi PoLR for me is extremely obvious, and kind of overbearing. When ILEs, for example, are trying to "make nice" and socialize, it comes off to me as being too straightfoward about it almost. Idk. It's hard to describe. It's like they try to adhere to some set of social rules they've made up and it just seems like they aren't actually paying attention to the other person. Like, I should smile and shake hands with this person, etc. Rather than being natural, it always feels like they are "doing" something. Maybe it's them just trying too hard?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe and Si, though the Vulnerable function is not always easy to distinguish from other functions like the Suggestive.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about all this blind trust stuff but imagine that my statements apply to situations where there is a literal teacher and student situation.
    It doesn't really make me think differently in that situation either. Doesn't help me truly process and absorb the information faster.

I realize that most people are going to disagree with my statements about this relationship.
    Well it definitely does not match my experiences.

Do you experience this with LSIs?

I realize this is terribly situational and requires that there aren't conflicts. I also am not claiming that they will like one another, simply that the supervisee can benefit from learning from the supervisor of they're spending time learning from them. (Recall that I'm speaking about a supervisor that's competent in the area).
    I understood you were claiming that.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst

I don't really have anything to add. You can either try and fail or succeed to experience this yourself or ignore me. I don't care

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi polr is pretty easy. People who don't have a clue how others feel about them can be accidentally annoying.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fi polr is pretty easy. People who don't have a clue how others feel about them can be accidentally annoying.
    This is really true.

As a LIE, strangely enough, I find Fi-PoLR easiest to see, maybe because it is my DS function. But when I meet an ILE or an SLE, it is so easy for me to see that they are kind of klutzes at Fi.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti, Si and Ni polr are probably the tougher ones. Fi polrs tend to rub me the wrong way a lot of times so they are pretty easy to spot, especially SLEs. Ne polr is easy to spot online while Se, Fe and Te polr is easy IRL.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or absolutely charming.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's about having no compassion. Empathy is a cognitive-social process used to channel collective disgust and hatred as often as it's used to channel kindness and compassion. The -HA-driven desire to preserve order, often through use of -driven force, is one function of empathy. You'd be hard-pressed to say that instilling coercion upon your target is showing him compassion.

Compassion is an emotional incentive to help someone in worse circumstances than your own. It can be channeled empathically or it can stay fully internalized, but the motivation is always to help the other person, never to harm him. It's possible to show empathy without compassion -- and, in rare cases, to show compassion without empathizing, like in cases where you never actually meet the person you're helping face to face.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends on what you are doing, if you are reading a really well written book by an IEI you are probably not going to notice the Te polr so much (unless you are in a certain bad mood and being very critical) because the great Ni+Fe+Fi+Ne is going to make up for it and "stand out."

It's the times where you can't "stand out and shine" with your valued functions where the polr will be obvious in an awkward way... like, maybe the IEI has to give some Te report of business instead of a romantic adventure story. Then the Te polr will come out... or even when you ask them to operate the cash register.

Te polr is often obvious because American society is very Te valuing. And in situations where it's *both* Ti and Te valuing, the Te will still feel more potent because of extroverted function vs. introverted function. Though you put somebody in their right element- the good will drain the bad so much you won't know the bad so obviously.

Se polr is also obvious because of how we put assholes/aggression/willpower/assertiveness/Type A personality up on a pedastal.

Si polr is not so obvious because we are a society that is "Get a job you ****** and stop talking about your feelings online."

Lesson of the day: Do what you are good at, improve your strengths- and don't worry so much about your weaknesses lol.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Or absolutely charming.
    Depends on how to look at it.
    The part about not understanding that you're being a jerk isn't cute, even their duals know it.

Otherwise, sure, there are cool things about these people just like every type.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bullets
    I agree with the part about polr's not always being obvious.

Si polr is not so obvious because we are a society that is "Get a job you ****** and stop talking about your feelings online."

Is this really how you think si polr types think? What about LSE? They're the most busy work, micro managing type out there.
    Last edited by carrina; 12-16-2016 at 02:15 AM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is really true.

As a LIE, strangely enough, I find Fi-PoLR easiest to see, maybe because it is my DS function. But when I meet an ILE or an SLE, it is so easy for me to see that they are kind of klutzes at Fi.
    That they are. Actually I think ethical polr in general is the most easy since it creates obvious interpersonal tension.

I actually empathise with this polr, I imagine it's painful to realise you're fucking your relationships up and not understand why people are reacting negatively to you, especially since fe is so important. I think fi polr types can go waay out of their way to preserve relationships with people that want in their lives.

They probably just see it as "people hate for no reason sometimes, and I just have to deal with that fact of life any way I can".

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how to look at it.
    The part about not understanding that you're being a jerk isn't cute, even their duals know it.

Otherwise, sure, there are cool things about these people just like every type.
    This is assuming their personality is "jerk like" to begin with. In my opinion this is a popularist view of ILE/SLE. In reality the opposite might be more true: they are actually "over nice", "to friendly", "to overt", whilst invading boundaries. I think it would be clever to seek out intentions before effect (the Ni). Their duals know how to dance between the two. Fi-polr can also come from good homes and are the majority friendly (my point being to friendly), especially when brought up with hefty doses of Fe. Easily done with a nudge or two here and there as opposed to condemnation (Fi).
    Last edited by wacey; 12-16-2016 at 02:45 AM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast