Thread: I have a theory

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have a theory

(totally unproven of course). But here's the deal. There was some study recently (and of course I'm too lazy to look it up and post the link) that reported that people who stay married and don't get divorced are healthier and less likely to get diseases such as cancer, etc as they get older.

Well are they healthier because they didn't get a divorce? OR are they healthy because they married the right person (their dual) and they have a healthy marriage?

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between intertype relations and long-term health. I'm thinking that staying in an unhealthy marriage could be the cause of disease and depression. How beaten down can you get from staying in an unhealthy relationship?

If someone would like to manage this project, perhaps I could help with funding.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    (totally unproven of course). But here's the deal. There was some study recently (and of course I'm too lazy to look it up and post the link) that reported that people who stay married and don't get divorced are healthier and less likely to get diseases such as cancer, etc as they get older.

Well are they healthier because they didn't get a divorce? OR are they healthy because they married the right person (their dual) and they have a healthy marriage?

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between intertype relations and long-term health. I'm thinking that staying in an unhealthy marriage could be the cause of disease and depression. How beaten down can you get from staying in an unhealthy relationship?

If someone would like to manage this project, perhaps I could help with funding.
    You should just spread the theory of socionics first, redbaron, a lot of people I talk to find this compatibility thing Very very interesting, unlike other typology system.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I think about right now is his anal cavity health. Be strong, my man.
    Last edited by Park; 09-08-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    You should just spread the theory of socionics first, redbaron, a lot of people I talk to find this compatibility thing Very very interesting, unlike other typology system.
    yeah I s'pose you're right. I feel like most people don't want to take the time to learn it though. the learning curve is a bit high for the below-average joe. this project requires scientsts!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WP and numbers, I don't get what's going on between you two....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an interesting idea - stats like these are very attractive, but I always have to wonder about correlations, being aware of the adage, 'correlation does not imply causation'.

Your spin on it is equally intriguing, but I'm not certain how a good test could be constructed.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WP and numbers, I don't get what's going on between you two....
    They have switched accounts or something.

So now I like winterpark and dislike numbers.
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally someone likes winterpark.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That just makes sense. Having healthy, long-term relationships is kind of a human need for people and when people do find that, they are content and it's also physiologically healthier. It makes one feel more organic, relaxed, and sexual and less neurotic about things, and it's very good for people.

I still think though there needs to be compassion and understanding for people who are still kinda in the 'fooling around' stages in life.

Also what is so good about a monogamous relationship, is that it lets people grow with each other you know?

We have to stop getting around the idea that there is 'The One' for us or a soulmate. All it takes is a little effort, and mutual attraction (even that has a lot of 'breathing room' though) and high levels of comfortability to be in a relationship with somebody. You both just feel it working. And realistically that can happen with MANY people, not just in your ideal type range.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it makes sense that the root of the good outcomes of being married are not just "being married" but the compatible relationship.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Go fuck SLE and dump your husband.
    Life is easy
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Life is easy
    Why are you being such a negativist?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you being such a negativist?
    Robocop
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go fuck SLE and dump your husband.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    The LII has done the rest.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy marriage -> less stress is probably sufficient to explain this. Even divorce proceedings -> more stress might cause this. Apart from the minimalistic explanation, though, duality contributes to mental well-being marriage or no, and a dual marriage stays together more easily (with less effort, meaning less stress, as well as less abrasion between partners) than other marriages.

Alternately, low health can put strain on a marriage (though it can also be an opportunity for a Caregiver to show hir value), causing a higher divorce rate for people who are going to die anyway.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I wouldn't limit a good relationship to duality. However, I suspect there is a link between ailments such as cancer towards one's long term psychological well being and one's over all emotional state, perhaps. I believe in there existing very strong mind/body connections where one being afflicted or in detriment will likely affect the other. To me, it sounds like common sense, but there are of course skeptics.
    See, I agree with this. I have an uncle with terminal cancer. he's been fighting it for a year now. he's been married to his supervisee for 30 some years...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    You mean you agree that these unpleasant situations, if they are, are likely to influence these negative emotional states which subsequently affect physical health?
    yes. I think the unpleasantness, over time, wears on one's health to such a degree as to negatively affect physical health if given a long enough time to develop (and depending somewhat on one's state of health to begin with).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See..there are temptations on every corner..basically there are SLEs on every corner. Just go to the first corner and fuck a SLE. You don't want to get a cancer I suppose. You don't want your husband to get a cancer I suppose because that might happen if you don't fuck a SLE and dump your hubby.

DISCLAIMER: bugger my words off, they're evil and crap. Don't fuck SLEs, fuck them. It's a bad thing to do. Besides, you can get a cancer if you fuck a SLE so if you want to get a cancer staying in benefactorialyfice marriage is not mandatory. Let not my filthy words enter your shaky heart.
    okay....
    IEI-Fe 4w3