Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Videotype My Friend!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4bddbkXRjcw

LOL + you get to hear my voice =O

Without any further information on him, what type do you suppose he is? He's an odd one.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxFx something.

I sense .
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's very little information about this person in this video.

the only thing i get mostly relates to his style of communication: he has a kind of lackadaisical approach to communicating information. the whole 50 dollars thing was an example of him not taking the whole thing seriously, and he seemed to shine confusion and lack of a real clue about the validity of socionics (which is probably natural as he doesn't know anything).

overall, i might venture a guess and say IP temperament, but who can really say.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looked like he has strong .
    He physically looked a little bit like ENFp Artjom from Düsseldorf.
    Saying so easily "Don't kill yourself, or I'll kill you, just joking" makes me think he's in quadra.

Wanting to give a good impression, but feeling nervous, figdeting foot. Trying to hide weak body language by conciously putting the leg over knee. At the same time gestures which look very extroverted, targeted to the outside.

I think he could really be ENFj! This also explains why he tried to analyze how other people will type him (in the beginning of the video). It's the ENFj way to say whatever to fill the silence.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP temperament. i'd say SEI or IEI. def not ILI. could be SLI.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know there is little information on him, sorry ... I just wanted to see what your first impressions on him would be.

He did the MBTI test and does come out a certain type, but a lot of things don't quite fit. All I know for sure is that he is an Ethical Perceiver xxFp

He is one of my best friends. I get along with him really well, like I don't have to hide anything, we can talk forever ... but there's a sense of annoyance always too and competition. I guess a lot of people would call us similar in that we laugh about the same things, but I think we actually have a lot more differences than similarities. He seems much more relaxed than I could ever be, and I am much more focused and controlling, determined. He is pretty impulsive too, will be up for doing anything.

Hmm ... he can get along with almost anyone I think - very entertaining and wacky on first impression, but can still be reserved as well. He talks about A LOT of random things, like he will come up with stuff out of fucking nowhere that make everyone around him laugh ... things are always fun when he is there, in my opinion.

A lot of people think he's really weird though, which is very understandable. I think he likes to be seen as out of the ordinary and someone 'alternative' which is why he acts the ways he does to gain a place outside of normality. Very, very creative in the arts and music.

However, I personally think he tries too hard to be interesting? That's one of my pet peeves, because well to be honest, (and he's probably going to join soon & read this but whatever haha) I think he needs to be his own person instead of trying to be this indie/cool guy.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cute bunny stole all the thunder

On a more serious note he could well be INFp from what you say, and the video. He doesn't like to be put in the spotlight so he fidgets a bit and feels self-conscious. I would have a similar body language if put in front of the camera like that. Oh and you sound adorable lol, you sound a lot like my ENFj best friend ^_^
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    He seems much more relaxed than I could ever be, and I am much more focused and controlling, determined.
    SEI. In light of the recent typings of multiple politicians as SEI, determination is certainly something SEIs can have. Also, you don't really think about it, but SEIs are actually good with Se.

He is pretty impulsive too, will be up for doing anything.
    Strikes me as Si/Ne.

Hmm ... he can get along with almost anyone I think - very entertaining and wacky on first impression, but can still be reserved as well. He talks about A LOT of random things, like he will come up with stuff out of fucking nowhere that make everyone around him laugh ... things are always fun when he is there, in my opinion.
    Oh look, bionicgoat suddenly became your best friend.

A lot of people think he's really weird though, which is very understandable. I think he likes to be seen as out of the ordinary and someone 'alternative' which is why he acts the ways he does to gain a place outside of normality. Very, very creative in the arts and music.

However, I personally think he tries too hard to be interesting? That's one of my pet peeves, because well to be honest, (and he's probably going to join soon & read this but whatever haha) I think he needs to be his own person instead of trying to be this indie/cool guy.
    Could be his age - I knew a lot of people when I was at college and the last few years of high school who were into this idea of counter-culture. I also know some truly individualistic people who DESPISE the counter-culture i.e. goth, emo, 'alternative'. My best friend for example. He will make an active attempt to avoid it at all costs. I sometimes think his fear is of the crowd itself. Perhaps he's like this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know there is little information on him, sorry ... I just wanted to see what your first impressions on him would be.

He did the MBTI test and does come out a certain type, but a lot of things don't quite fit. All I know for sure is that he is an Ethical Perceiver xxFp

He is one of my best friends. I get along with him really well, like I don't have to hide anything, we can talk forever ... but there's a sense of annoyance always too and competition. I guess a lot of people would call us similar in that we laugh about the same things, but I think we actually have a lot more differences than similarities. He seems much more relaxed than I could ever be, and I am much more focused and controlling, determined. He is pretty impulsive too, will be up for doing anything.

perhaps IEI then.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    SEI. In light of the recent typings of multiple politicians as SEI, determination is certainly something SEIs can have.
    who? warren G harding?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make one more video, ask him more about his social behavior and he feels when he's around people he's familiar/unfamilar with.

I think that would help us some more.

But as they said, I think he's either SEI/IEI, but EIE is a possibility, maybe.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, funny thing is, he tests ENFP and I suppose the Socionic ENFp does fit him pretty well in terms of the order of the functions, etc ... I do see that he is Si/Ne valuing too Ezra, that is probably where most of our conflict comes from actually, me valuing Se/Ni and him not. However, the intertype relations for ENFp do not fit at all - Quasi-identical relations is not right ... I know some real IEEs and I can barely converse with them because we seem to be on entirely different wavelengths. He doesn't give me that vibe at all. Also, Delta quadra seems way off as well.

Plus, he hangs around with a shitload of Beta NFs, a lot of male IEIs. Err, actually I don't know if I should say that b/c these were based on MBTI tests. However, I have interacted with them as well and they do come across as IEI. It's just him that's a little off!

I just see a lot of usage in him, but also a lot of ... SEI is a good thought, but I think his is WAY too strong to be a 5th function. He seems very oblivious to physical reality most of the time, eyes always wandering around, not down to Earth.

He seems to get along well in an Alpha-Beta atmosphere. I think I do get really annoyed if the randomness is taken too far. I'd rather stick to one topic, and I need my daily dose of , which he seems averse to.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, he'll join soon and write a description on himself.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question: why do you people even mention MBTI tests, let alone assume ABCD = ABCd. this is getting ridiculous. do you even know what socionics is?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, funny thing is, he tests ENFP and I suppose the Socionic ENFp does fit him pretty well in terms of the order of the functions, etc ... I do see that he is Si/Ne valuing too Ezra, that is probably where most of our conflict comes from actually, me valuing Se/Ni and him not. However, the intertype relations for ENFp do not fit at all - Quasi-identical relations is not right ... I know some real IEEs and I can barely converse with them because we seem to be on entirely different wavelengths. He doesn't give me that vibe at all.
    My friend is an ENFP and an IEE. But he certainly does not take that attitude when it comes to filming.

Actually, it depends what he's filming for. He's very good at putting masks on. IEEs are.

Also, Delta quadra seems way off as well.
    Delta is what I'd consider last. In fact, the quadras go in order of what I'd consider him.

He seems very oblivious to physical reality most of the time, eyes always wandering around, not down to Earth.
    a) He 'seems'.
    b) He's a 9. Of course his eyes are going to be wondering.
    c) None of this means his Ne is overtly strong. There are little things I could point out which makes me seem too strong in Ni to be an SLE.

He seems to get along well in an Alpha-Beta atmosphere. I think I do get really annoyed if the randomness is taken too far. I'd rather stick to one topic...
    Join the club. This kind of behaviour is a pain.

I need my daily dose of , which he seems averse to.
    Since you said he hangs around with Beta NFs, this would fit nicely for him. Okay, Beta NFs value Se, but they don't use it. Since he doesn't value it, he'd be quite happy hanging around with these people. So what if they want it; at least they don't use it, he probably thinks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    question: why do you people even mention MBTI tests, let alone assume ABCD = ABCd. this is getting ridiculous. do you even know what socionics is?
    You people? You people? Call yourself Democratic?

Anyway, ScarlettLux is not assuming that ABCD = ABCd, which is why she specifically stated that IEE fits from a functional point of view. All she's suggesting is that the possibility of her friend's being an IEE should not be ruled out, just because ABCD = ABCd is incorrect. He may well be both an IEE and an ENFP.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you even know what socionics is?
    no.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people? You people? Call yourself Democratic?

Anyway, ScarlettLux is not assuming that ABCD = ABCd, which is why she specifically stated that IEE fits from a functional point of view. All she's suggesting is that the possibility of her friend's being an IEE should not be ruled out, just because ABCD = ABCd is incorrect. He may well be both an IEE and an ENFP.
    Thanks for saying what I would've said...
    Niffy, don't be so quick to criticize all the time! I'm not a total blockhead.

Anyway, all these points are good and make sense. One thing though - what makes you say he's a 9? He actually tested a 7w6 sx/so ... that I'm pretty sure of, but to be honest, before he took the test and confirmed it with reading descriptions, I thought he had a strong connection to 9, if not was 9. I personally believe he's trying too hard to be different from the typical 9 behavior now of seeking peace, calmness ... hm, it's kinda like I influenced him into valuing when he really doesn't. I read him descriptions of & and he really doesn't like or identify with it. He actually says his pet peeve is someone ordering him around, etc.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for saying what I would've said...
    Niffy, don't be so quick to criticize all the time! I'm not a total blockhead.

Anyway, all these points are good and make sense. One thing though - what makes you say he's a 9? He actually tested a 7w6 sx/so ... that I'm pretty sure of, but to be honest, before he took the test and confirmed it with reading descriptions, I thought he had a strong connection to 9, if not was 9. I personally believe he's trying too hard to be different from the typical 9 behavior now of seeking peace, calmness ... hm, it's kinda like I influenced him into valuing when he really doesn't. I read him descriptions of & and he really doesn't like or identify with it. He actually says his pet peeve is someone ordering him around, etc.
    Shit, he may be my best friend all over again. ENFP, IEE, 7w6 sx/so. What else can we know about him?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you people are so stupid its painful.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enlighten us, oh Lord. Forgive us for our foolish ways. Only you know the light.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enlighten us, oh Lord. Forgive us for our foolish ways. Only you know the light.
    how i have tried.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to wonder why you said things like this.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for not explaining yourself and pretending to be holier than everyone else here. I clearly did not say anything that would imply stupidity on my part. Nothing. So shut the fuck up and go back to your cage

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for not explaining yourself and pretending to be holier than everyone else here. I clearly did not say anything that would imply stupidity on my part. Nothing. So shut the fuck up and go back to your cage
    basically the complaint lies with the way you present this kind of information. you started talking about MBTI and enneagram tests and actually use these ridiculous online excercises as evidence for a particular type. you then basically doctored the guy as a beta whom you got along with well, until suddenly you decided he was an IEE and thus a delta whom you hated (this is an exaggeration, but this is really what it seemed like). from the video, too, this guy was talking about S/N. this is an MBTI dichotomy. (which doesn't necessarily reflect on you if he has some kind of outside knowledge, but it didn't really sound like that).

now you and ezra have flown past anything remotely socionics related and declared this guy the second coming of thomas henry huxley.

are you people even discussing socionics or merely mixed internet psychobabble? either way, you both appear have a knack for drawing conclusions out of lots of meaningless, irrelevant information.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically the complaint lies with the way you present this kind of information. you started talking about MBTI and enneagram tests and actually use these ridiculous online excercises as evidence for a particular type. you then basically doctored the guy as a beta whom you got along with well, until suddenly you decided he was an IEE and thus a delta whom you hated (this is an exaggeration, but this is really what it seemed like). from the video, too, this guy was talking about S/N. this is an MBTI dichotomy. (which doesn't necessarily reflect on you if he has some kind of outside knowledge, but it didn't really sound like that).

now you and ezra have flown past anything remotely socionics related and declared this guy the second coming of thomas henry huxley.

are you people even discussing socionics or merely mixed internet psychobabble? either way, you both appear have a knack for drawing conclusions out of lots of meaningless, irrelevant information.
    Wow Niffweed. Are you saying you have never once used an online test before? That you somehow got into Socionics of your own free volition without prior testing? The only reason I even KNOW about Socionics is because of a similarminds test, and that was some random web surfing, etc. I had no idea about it, so what is so wrong about me saying, oh hey, coolio, and taking the test? I do not rely on it however, as I did first get INFJ as a result. Then I stumbled upon Socionics and the whole idea behind it, read a lot more, (it took a while for the theory to sink in, but note when I joined this forum in Oct '05!) and realized that this was much, much more sensible.

I then basically doctored the guy as a Beta?
    Oh, are you trying to say that I wrote it as if I "wanted" him to be Beta, to skew your perceptions of him? No, I was not! I was trying to go against what he got on that similarminds test because I know it is not entirely reliable! I just wanted you guys to have a different view of him, I really don't care what quadra he is in, but it is true we do get along.

Wait, I decided he was a Delta later on? I am really confused, Niff, where you pulling this crap out of? Just based on what I said in this one thread? It was just me rambling on and going through the possibilities of what he COULD be ... maybe that's why it seems I'm jumping back & forth, but not for the reasons YOU think.

Like what Ezra said, I know that ABCD != ABCd, but I still give my friends those similarminds tests to "spark" their interest in this whole shebang anyhow ... and I go from there to keep trying to type them. It's not horribly unrealistic (the test) ... I mean, most of the time, I'd have to say it will get at least two or three "letters" right - but then you're going to go and rant on about how letters don't matter in Socionics .. I know! UGH, it's just that I'm using the test as a basis to work with, not a means to an end.

He has some outside knowledge based only on MBTI, which I am trying to shake him out of. That's why I was clearly laughing when he started talking about it, and knew that you guys would be rolling your eyes and telling him how that S/N dichotomy is not important. Unfortunately, it's hard to explain the entirety of Socionics to someone like that ... he seems to hate drowning in information (definitely some kind of or PoLR) or understanding anything in depth.

LOL, now you just make no sense ... we never declared he was IEE. (@ the huxley comment)

And then finally your last statement: Hilarious b/c it seems to be YOU that rarely ever contributes anything serious (as you are doing now, good on ya) and rather engage in posting meaningless, irrelevant stuff

Oh, and if you really want me to say something "psycho-babble"-ish, then I guess I have to say I think you're PROJECTING o0o0o0o

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WRONG.

Do you not see the Si? I do. And from the descriptions, the Fe? I do. General Alpha SF atmosphere? Evidently not EJ by his posture, speech and thought patterns?

THANKYOU.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is exactly what i was expecting.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WRONG.

Do you not see the Si? I do. And from the descriptions, the Fe? I do. General Alpha SF atmosphere? Evidently not EJ by his posture, speech and thought patterns?

THANKYOU.
    no; i see IEI. but i also a significant paucity of information. and the fact that you don't see the latter is highly suggestive of your own competence. now shut up.
    Last edited by niffweed17; 01-01-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Niffweed. Are you saying you have never once used an online test before?
    no, and everything you said has to do with using the test to find out that socionics even existed. it's quite different from what you're doing here, which is using the test as a springboard for MBTI.

I then basically doctored the guy as a Beta?
    Oh, are you trying to say that I wrote it as if I "wanted" him to be Beta, to skew your perceptions of him? No, I was not! I was trying to go against what he got on that similarminds test because I know it is not entirely reliable! I just wanted you guys to have a different view of him, I really don't care what quadra he is in, but it is true we do get along.

Wait, I decided he was a Delta later on? I am really confused, Niff, where you pulling this crap out of? Just based on what I said in this one thread? It was just me rambling on and going through the possibilities of what he COULD be ... maybe that's why it seems I'm jumping back & forth, but not for the reasons YOU think.
    here's an idea: instead of "going against what he got on that similarminds test" or trying to minimize the influence of any other information, why don't you just tell us about him and leave the bullshit aside?

Like what Ezra said, I know that ABCD != ABCd, but I still give my friends those similarminds tests to "spark" their interest in this whole shebang anyhow ... and I go from there to keep trying to type them.
    sparking their interest is a far cry from using it as a springboard to type somebody.

It's not horribly unrealistic (the test) ... I mean, most of the time, I'd have to say it will get at least two or three "letters" right
    on what basis? now you're pulling shit out of your ass again.

- but then you're going to go and rant on about how letters don't matter in Socionics .. I know! UGH, it's just that I'm using the test as a basis to work with, not a means to an end.

you honestly do not see how contradictory this is?

He has some outside knowledge based only on MBTI, which I am trying to shake him out of. That's why I was clearly laughing when he started talking about it, and knew that you guys would be rolling your eyes and telling him how that S/N dichotomy is not important. Unfortunately, it's hard to explain the entirety of Socionics to someone like that ... he seems to hate drowning in information (definitely some kind of or PoLR) or understanding anything in depth.
    point taken, but this only stems from the fact that you're going about emphasizing the wrong points to start off with in socionics. perhaps that might be more effective to get an Fe type to understand it, but, if so, that only demonstrates further why Ti/Fe people are freaks.

LOL, now you just make no sense ... we never declared he was IEE. (@ the huxley comment)
    ezra certainly did. and you sounded like you agreed with him.

And then finally your last statement: Hilarious b/c it seems to be YOU that rarely ever contributes anything serious (as you are doing now, good on ya) and rather engage in posting meaningless, irrelevant stuff

Oh, and if you really want me to say something "psycho-babble"-ish, then I guess I have to say I think you're PROJECTING o0o0o0o
    yes, thank you for that highly pertinent bit of scathing criticism. i bow to you for your incredible capacity to keep the discussion on the topic of socionics and refrain from falling back into personal insults. it's really quite extraordinary when someone such as yourself comes along and simply steers the discussion towards the right place out of sheer will. after all, we wouldn't want to engage in nonrelevant insults; somebody's feelings might get hurt. and we can't have that. and heretofore the dragons will travel hence the land of silt, and on the seventh day petals fell in petaluma; lewis, be dead.

i'm done with this discussion. continue to bash me as you wish.