Thread: Information aspect semantics

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Information aspect semantics

from Tatyana Prokofieva's website - i thought these were pretty good, so i thought i'd share.

http://en.socionics.ru/index.php?opt...254&Itemid=137

Logics of Actions

Action
    – movement, activity, transfer, deed, achievement.
    Knowledge – qualifications, method, skills, fact, erudition.
    Work – business team, instrument, mechanism, process of production, technology, ability to work, functioning.
    Reason – adequacy, profit, common sense, use, pragmatism, reasonable actions, rationality, rationalism, expediency, effectiveness.
    Economics – enterprise, worth, ability to do with money, price.

Logics of Relationships

Dimension – more-less, long – short, parameter, distance, commensurability, comparison, standard.
    Understanding – analysis, detail, synthesis, universality.
    Order – leveling, classification, control, sequence, to range, strictness, register.
    System – regularity, hierarchy, organization, cause and effect relations, theory.
    Structure – positional relationship of objects, interrelations, construction, subordination, position, correlation, chart.
    Formal logics – algorithm, distance, proof, “if – then”, law, instruction, informatics, cybernetics, mathematics, official relations, rights and duties, rules (including etiquette), programming, equality, justice, statistics, equation.

Ethics of Emotions

Agitation – fervour, indignation, nervousness, dormancy, pressing, emotional experience, depression, calmness, passion, ecstasy.
    Stimulus to action – inner impulses, mood, determination, fanaticism, energy, enthusiasm.
    Expressing emotions – artistry, hot temper, impetuosity, intonation, use of superlatives in speech (ugly, sinister, remarkable, disgusting, charming, marvelous, spectacular), weeping, restraint, ability to control emotions.
    People’s emotions - admiration, wrath, mood, insult, panic, sorrow, joy, romanticism, fear, anxiety.

Ethics of Relationships

Moral categories – good – evil, ideology, morals, morality, decency, religion, conscience, good – bad.
    Attraction – obtrusiveness, tiresomness, dislike, repulsion, attachment, psychological distance, inclination.
    Feelings expression – undue familiarity, tactfulness, diplomacy, mercy, tenderness, indulgence, tolerance, ability not to hurt, humaneness.
    Feelings – kindness, envy, anger, love – hatred, sympathy – antipathy, compassion.
    Peoples’ relationships – animosity, friendship.

Intuition of Opportunities

Seeing opportunities
    – insight, feeling of unity and interrelation of processes, striving for coming to the point, integral perception.
    Opportunities – viability, potential, resource, abilities, talent, chance.
    Uncertainty – suddenly, “pie in the sky”, somebody, polysemy, maybe, perhaps, unusual, unexpectedness, paradox, something.
    Search – choice, hypothesis, guess, intention, ideas, invention, find, irradiation, optimality, discovery, supposition.
    Gist – inner structure, real feature, basis, openness, contents, essence, publicity, simplicity, purity.

Intuition of Time

Time
    – future – past, time interval, uptime, some day, moment, pause, period, later, duration, timeliness, deadline.
    Doing with time – to wait – to catch up, generations relationships, time esteem, planning, prevention, accuracy, time management, to hurry, strategy.
    Prognosis – perspective, foresight, retrospective.
    Processes development in time – genealogy, changeability, history, youth – old age, be about to happen, sequence of events, the present, getting experience, development, earlier – later, epochs changing, evolution.
    Speed – fast – slowly, deceleration, rhythm, soon – long, tempo, acceleration.

Will Sensorics

Possession – wish, ownership, to defend, alignment of forces, striving, sphere of influence, tactics, territory, ability to take the area, feeling of being a master, expansion, “I want”.
    External qualities
    – looks, contrast, beauty, form, colour, brightness.
    Mass – many, gathering, crowd.
    Manifestation of will qualities – readiness to use one’s energy, to reach (to get), goal achievement, to conquer, to make smb. do smth., to give orders, leadership, complete readiness to action, to suppress, to subdue, decisiveness, to assault.
    Force – weight, ponderability, power, will to win, pressure, violence, repulse, will-power, resistance, confidence, physical strength.
    Status – authority, ambitions, standing, importance.

Sensorics of Sensations

Sensations – gustatory (bitter, sour, sweet, salt), tactile (prickly, soft – hard, sharp, fluffy, rough), colour tones, pliant, pleasant, firm, resilient.
    State of health – health, delight, rest, relaxation, satisfaction.
    Taste to life – harmony, design, quality, “a real bird in the hand”, convenience, pleasure, cosiness, aesthetic satisfaction, comfort.
    Sensing oneself in space and time – here and now, sense of area, sense of one’s relations with area, quality of area, ability to render area. Reliability.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it with this huge emphasize on time with Ni.

The rest just sounds like as much associations as possible on a single theme.

Pretty useless.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Lame as hell. Just looks like usual procession of over-stereotyped caricatures.

The semantics summary page on Rick's site is better.
    Says the person who posted a useless article on MBTI.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

thanks for thinking of us glam

Creepy-female

Thank you glam.

that's kind of decent,glam.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Good article, it talks about how different vocabulary words are interpreted by different people and also how the same words can be understood by different IE's(polysemantic terms) and how the context determines the aspect vs the word it self in those situations.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Good article, it talks about how different vocabulary words are interpreted by different people and also how the same words can be understood by different IE's(polysemantic terms) and how the context determines the aspect vs the word it self in those situations.
    yes....

semantic meanings of the word "love":
    a feeling of deep emotional sympathy, affection
    passion, emotional experience, admiration, joy and sorrow
    pleasant sensations, embraces, kisses
    pride for the beloved one, the feeling of belonging, responsibility for those who you love
    affection for old people and children, “love forever”
    a chance to happiness, expectations of something unusual
    commitment and the call of duty
    cooperation in life, in private life, in children upbringing
    semantic meanings of the word "money":
    something being earned
    the symbol of calculation, business accounting
    finance opulence, the means to getting authority, power, confidence
    the means to living, sustenance, comfort, convenience; the symbol of stability, steadiness
    finance opportunities, and also treasures
    wealthy future, the guarantee of realization of plans
    the way to enjoy life
    the way to be respected, to get recognition
    semantic meanings of the word "duty":
    moral duty, feeling which makes one put other person’s interests ahead of his own
    worry about those who depend on us
    feeling of responsibility or feeling of dependence
    patriotic convictions, necessity to defend Motherland
    permanent liability, responsibility for future generations
    necessity of considering consequences of one’s deeds, words, decisions
    liability and rules to others
    borrowed money that one should pay back
    some of my thoughts on these:

for (love) i would add "giving meaning and direction" and "fate" (but those may as well apply to the given "love forever.")

for (duty) i think "Motherland" might be too specific. it should be something that is able to be more generally applied, such as "necessity to defend one's affiliations" perhaps.

for (duty) i would say it doesn't necessarily have to be about money, it could be about any obligations in the exchange of services, favors, etc. it doesn't necessarily have to involve something material such as money. "you do this for me, and i'll do this for you."

more from the article regarding these polysemantic terms:

Very often it is difficult to apply a word unambiguously to one or another aspect. However, the scope of mentioned word lets us understand and feel what we are talking about. Socionics is a young science being developed by a small number of enthusiasts. Many specifications are still ahead. That is why I am writing only about the things I know and tested in practice.

In our speech we often come across polysemantic terms, which are universal and capacious. There are words, and there are many of them, which relate to a few aspects at the same time. Their meaning varies due to the context. Such words cause different associations with the people of different types. Using them one should always clearly understand what really your interlocutor means.

For example, one say that the word “money” should be applied to will sensorics as a symbol of status, belonging to a certain social group (rich – poor). Others say that the term “money” should be applied to economics: that is the symbol of profit, something being put into business. Which of these points of view is correct? Both, according to the context. In some cases this word can be applied to other aspects. . . .

Offered interpretations claim to be absolutely full. Possibly, some of them need clarification. That is only an attempt to illustrate the way the socionic functions choose “their” information from the mainstream. We will be glad to hear ideas and add-ins on this theme.
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: combining posts

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't approve. For example, authority as Se when it's very clearly not. Authority is Te only, the hierarchy, the pecking order. However, power does accent authority and authority absolutely reinforces power.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. I like these, as well as your thoughts on them, glam.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I don't approve. For example, authority as Se when it's very clearly not. Authority is Te only, the hierarchy, the pecking order. However, power does accent authority and authority absolutely reinforces power.
    This is the dumbest thing you've posted in a long time. Anything anywhere written on includes some aspect of authority.

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yes....

semantic meanings of the word "love":
    I like "commitment" in the one for , "call of duty" less so. Love to me definitely implies being committed in some way.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This is the dumbest thing you've posted in a long time. Anything anywhere written on includes some aspect of authority.
    Well ... ... authority in what sense?

I dunno ... I have been close to several Se-leading people in my life, and they're not always about being in a position of authority relative to other people. They do all seem to want/have wanted to be master of their own domains, however they define that.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that basically does mean authority. Authority, in this case, is meant in a rather general sense, and does not indicate that they want certificates or ther official recognition stating that they are legitimately in charge. That's more of a specifically Gamma Se & Te thing, IMO.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Igxfl View Post
    Well, that basically does mean authority. Authority, in this case, is meant in a rather general sense, and does not indicate that they want certificates or ther official recognition stating that they are legitimately in charge. That's more of a specifically Gamma Se & Te thing, IMO.
    Official recognition is Alpha/Beta. Gamma wants implied recognition.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Just more vague word associations which don't say much about anything and keep to the stereotypes of information aspects. Not very useful.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fundamentally, this is very basic stuff. Almost the core of socionics so to speak, as communication that can be analyzed explicitly is primarily verbal.

The criticism I see here I think is a bit misguided.

"Sounds deep.."

Actually this isn't supposed to sound deep, this is supposed to be very apparent observations about how verbalization is directed.

"Word association.."

Intertype relation is based heavily on what people are calling word association. How much you react to words and feelings being pointed towards certain words based on information preference largely govern the reactions that will be solicited from the interaction. Some words and criticism can cause painful reactions while other causes pleasurable ones.

Like say someone tells me I smell good or they enjoy my company. This brings a good deal of joy to me and benevolence.

But if someone say I'm being rude or tactless, or that I don't do what they tell me, this might provoke a angry or hurt reaction. However remember in interaction, the word associations we make aren't just based on the word, but the attitude of the speaker to the word, as well as the authenticity of that attitude.

There are some simple tests you can try with your friends based on your own information preference, try to clear your head and ask someone to describe something unfamiliar in a non-standard way. This is actually a trick because it doesn't matter how it's described or whatever the non-standard way is. Most people will default to their preferred information element to describe it.

Some types might say, "Oh, it's matter" or "I like it" or "It's cute" or various other means of description based on their ego functions and I've found occasionally their demonstrative function.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're 100% right. Anything written does talk about Se with authority.

But on that count, I'm not the dumb-looking one. No one respects a spoon-fed individual who doesn't think critically about the information given.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if these are definitive by any means, but I pretty much agree with the ones that fit my valued functions. It's worth some level of contemplation I think.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    for (duty) i would say it doesn't necessarily have to be about money, it could be about any obligations in the exchange of services, favors, etc. it doesn't necessarily have to involve something material such as money. "you do this for me, and i'll do this for you."
    Actually I believe it has to be something material, otherwise it would be included in the domain of a non-well-defined function. What you're referring to I generally associate with , which might complement with a more abstract view of duty, rather than excessively pragmatic (vice versa, might remind that those abstract duties aren't necessarily real).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Neither Se nor Te is authority, only context can make them become emobided in such manner. Even Fe and Fi can be authority (ever seen an EII supervising ILE or ESI supervising SLE? yeah ...).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making someone uncomfortable =! authority.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Well ... ... authority in what sense?

I dunno ... I have been close to several Se-leading people in my life, and they're not always about being in a position of authority relative to other people. They do all seem to want/have wanted to be master of their own domains, however they define that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igxfl View Post
    Well, that basically does mean authority. Authority, in this case, is meant in a rather general sense, and does not indicate that they want certificates or ther official recognition stating that they are legitimately in charge.
    Yeah, the more general one.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the more general one.
    Then maybe Tcaud was defining authority differently. ???
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Then maybe Tcaud was defining authority differently. ???
    I have no doubt that tc has his own definitions for all these terms that may or may not have anything to do with their conventional meanings.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Authority is a social entitlement. Control is the power to manipulate. Se is associated with control. Authorities do not always have control of situations, like you with this forum.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Authority is a social entitlement. Control is the power to manipulate. Se is associated with control. Authorities do not always have control of situations, like you with this forum.
    That's like saying logicians aren't always logical. Duh.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotel I'm interested in understanding your rationale for believing that the IM aspects/elements/whatever should be further divided.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-12-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Neither Se nor Te is authority, only context can make them become emobided in such manner. Even Fe and Fi can be authority (ever seen an EII supervising ILE or ESI supervising SLE? yeah ...).
    Delta Te = position in a coordinated unit. Ultimately, authority is the ability to control others' positions through punitive reprisals.

So maybe it's not Te, but Ne. (because delta Ne is ability) EDIT: nevermind, it is neither. Authority is interaction between Ne EM and Te IM. ("the use of the ability shapes the position")
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-12-2011 at 06:46 PM.