Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLIs-ISTps - what are you like when DRUNK?!?!!??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLIs-ISTps - what are you like when DRUNK?!?!!??

take your time. Mull it over...
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mute. An emotional mute. I get really moody and listen to sappy love songs and cry about ex boyfriends and then pass out.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i take it you don't drink Jessica

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds great! Sure you're not too extraverted to be a SLI?
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    sounds great! Sure you're not too extraverted to be a SLI?
    Why do you say that?

Mercutio, what's up? How are things?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

irl I would have said it with a smirk of irony *smirk*
    n00bIEE

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Why do you say that?

Mercutio, what's up? How are things?
    I think he's picking up on the extroverted quality of being mute, listening to mood music, and pining over ex's. Because you know, all good extroverts never talk, always listen to mood music. And wallow in the past without amend.

What's up? What's up! What the fuck do you think is up.
    Last edited by Satan; 11-10-2008 at 02:29 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't know, haven't tried it
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiet, grinning but not too laugh-happy, occasionally violent, breaks shit (their own, for fun) and throws people down stairs (for good reason), does not take criticism well at all, chick magnet. And sombreros!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get horny.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't get drunk for some reason. I've tried, but half way through a beer bottle, my head starts to hurt, I get dizzy then have to go to bed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I can't get drunk for some reason. I've tried, but half way through a beer bottle, my head starts to hurt, I get dizzy then have to go to bed.
    Well, that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't recommend drinking. Gah, how I wish it took me just one beer

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    That's about as far as I have gotten. 1 beer is a lot of liquid, 2 beers - I'll vomit. The rest of alcohol rarely tastes any good.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    That's about as far as I have gotten. 1 beer is a lot of liquid, 2 beers - I'll vomit. The rest of alcohol rarely tastes any good.
    Beer makes me sick. I could have roughly 16 and not feel anything other than bloated. I'm not a fan of other drinks aside from Bloody Mary's. Those are my weakness.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer makes me sick. I could have roughly 16 and not feel anything other than bloated. I'm not a fan of other drinks aside from Bloody Mary's. Those are my weakness.
    Maybe you haven't tried any strong beer? But yeah, bloated is how any beer would make me feel.

Creepy-

What about White Russians? They're a bit creamy, but oh-so-delicious. You won't get drunk from them.

Hmm... what about just vodka and cranberry?? They'll clean out your urinary system while you give your liver some exercise. And maybe, just maybe, you'll get a buzz [after a couple of them, anyway].

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    What about White Russians? They're a bit creamy, but oh-so-delicious. You won't get drunk from them.

Hmm... what about just vodka and cranberry?? They'll clean out your urinary system while you give your liver some exercise. And maybe, just maybe, you'll get a buzz [after a couple of them, anyway].
    Ohhh White Russians are just great. One of my favorites. Do you guys have those drive thru daiquiri shops down there? I remember when i was in New Orleans they were everywhere and quite hard to resist...this was where i was first introduced to the White Russian--in the passengers seat of a car Wasn't sure if they're everywhere in the south.

Creepy-Cyclops

In Scotland, if you don't go out for beers with your friends, there's something wrong with you.

But then the culture is different. In America it's all frat boys and stuff, which is my idea of hell. Prohibition messed a lot of things up over there.

So to answer your question, if i'm around good friends and i'm drinking I tend to feel very happy and connected with them. One of my friends is so funny that i've found myself coming home with sore belly from laughing so much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the SLI even drinks at all, I have found them to laugh a lot and make rude sexual jokes whilst drunk.

I can think of one that would make jokes about how little sex he and his wife have.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    If the SLI even drinks at all, I have found them to laugh a lot and make rude sexual jokes whilst drunk.

I can think of one that would make jokes about how little sex he and his wife have.
    I find that difficult to believe, ISTp's are quite private people, but then dickery isn't necessarily type related.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I find that difficult to believe, ISTp's are quite private people, but then dickery isn't necessarily type related.
    Marriage does strange things to people.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Creepy-

Ohhh White Russians are just great. One of my favorites. Do you guys have those drive thru daiquiri shops down there? I remember when i was in New Orleans they were everywhere and quite hard to resist...this was where i was first introduced to the White Russian--in the passengers seat of a car Wasn't sure if they're everywhere in the south.
    I have never seen any such thing around here, but I will now be on the lookout - sounds good!

And I just realized I forgot to answer the original question, so here: Most people cannot tell when I'm drunk. I have a high alcohol tolerance in the first place, but even with a lot in me I apparently don't change outwardly too much.

Of course the way I am when drinking depends on whom I'm with and what we're doing... I can be more outgoing in some situations like going out with friends. You know I'm drunk if I'll actually dance, for one thing. But I don't get loud or obnoxious; actually, one of my best friends jokes that the only way you can tell is when I ask, "Can you tell I'm drunk?" which I ask because I don't like the idea of looking like a drunk person, haha.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they become a walking stand up comedy show, throw stuff at bouncers, are rude and critical toward people, lead random people into having sex with them on balconies or in public restrooms.
    oh yeah, they also can not stop drinking once they start.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    they become a walking stand up comedy show, throw stuff at bouncers, are rude and critical toward people, lead random people into having sex with them on balconies or in public restrooms.
    Hmm... sounds more like ESTp's.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have never acted that way in public and would never no matter how much alcohol I've consumed. Just isn't me. I'm a very relaxed, quiet, easygoing, simple person when intoxicated....er wait, I'm also like that when not. I guess it doesn't change much except I'm just a lot more moody.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... sounds more like ESTp's.
    This person is definitely an ISTP. She does it mainly to deal with her shyness and anxiety in social situations. When she drinks she feels more liberated. She also shows her Fi HA pretty strongly when drunk. She tells people things that she wouldn't normally say because she thinks saying them would make her a "bad person." When sober there's a sort of restraint she feels she needs to show lest it be her "fault" that relationships turn bad.

But I mean, seriously, this question is sort of stupid. The stereotype of a drunk is loud, offensive, horny, and cold pizza eating, whatever the socionics type.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh sounds like me

- Voltaire

Creepy-

But I mean, seriously, this question is sort of stupid. The stereotype of a drunk is loud, offensive, horny, and cold pizza eating, whatever the socionics type.
    I think it's interesting for that very reason: ISTp's, when drunk, tend to be mellow and laid-back, and the fact that they and other types don't fit the "loud, offenseive, horny, etc." stereotype is worth noting.

That said, I wonder about that stereotype. Most stereotypes do have their roots in reality... probably it's that people who are obviously drunk act that way, which leads people to associate that behavior w drunkenness, when in fact many people can be intoxicated and not seem to show it at all.

/musings on drunkenness on a Monday morning. Actually, I haven't had alcohol for a while now. Now I am looking at my coffee and wondering who would notice if I added a bit of vodka... you know, just to get a jump start on facing the day ahead

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho
    Then saying "they," when describing one probably-unhealthy person, was a bit misleading.
    it was really more than one ISTP. I was just saying that one, in particular, I know very well.
    And I wouldn't say any of them are unhealthy.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's interesting for that very reason: ISTp's, when drunk, tend to be mellow and laid-back, and the fact that they and other types don't fit the "loud, offenseive, horny, etc." stereotype is worth noting.

That said, I wonder about that stereotype. Most stereotypes do have their roots in reality... probably it's that people who are obviously drunk act that way, which leads people to associate that behavior w drunkenness, when in fact many people can be intoxicated and not seem to show it at all.

/musings on drunkenness on a Monday morning. Actually, I haven't had alcohol for a while now. Now I am looking at my coffee and wondering who would notice if I added a bit of vodka... you know, just to get a jump start on facing the day ahead
    i think it would be difficult to correlate what a person acts like when drunk with socionics types. bodies process things differently. just sayin'.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a friend who spiced his coffee with vanilla flavored vodka before going to his job on Wall Street. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess, haha. My friends are a bit odd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think it would be difficult to correlate what a person acts like when drunk with socionics types. bodies process things differently. just sayin'.
    yeah i agree with this. whatever the reason, i don't think drunk behavior is a type related thing. if you're talking about motives for drinking, things you focus on in your head, reasons for behavior, then possibly socionics type related. but the <drops computer> "heyyyyyyy. i'm drunkenenahrswurnfdf" <hiccup> is probably not type related.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-

it was really more than one ISTP. I was just saying that one, in particular, I know very well.
    And I wouldn't say any of them are unhealthy.
    Yeah, I re-thought that as soon as I posted it and deleted it because I figured you knew what you were talking about... who's to say. But ya caught it pre-edit, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    I wouldn't know, but I think it might be interesting to consider whether there are any correlations.

Creepy-

I had a friend who spiced his coffee with vanilla flavored vodka before going to his job on Wall Street. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess, haha. My friends are a bit odd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would probably do that too if i worked on Wall Street. I worked in finance environment in NYC for awhile and it was the most soul crushing experience. It's practically the equivalent of suicide for any person who isn't primarily motivated by personal wealth. I had similar...umm... "coping habits" as your friends. Whatever numbs you out the best.

Yeah, I re-thought that as soon as I posted it and deleted it because I figured you knew what you were talking about... who's to say. But ya caught it pre-edit, haha.
    ah. well, thanks for the benefit of the doubt.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I think he's picking up on the extroverted quality of being mute, listening to mood music, and pining over ex's. Because you know, all good extroverts never talk, always listen to mood music. And wallow in the past without amend.

What's up? What's up! What the fuck do you think is up.
    dattebayo is a girl

just realized that my username just doesn't roll of the fingers. Can u change your name if u wanted?
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't recommend drinking. Gah, how I wish it took me just one beer
    you should try an evening in my shoes then. I am the definition of super light weight Getting me drunk is cheap

[QUOTE=songofsappho;449496]I think it's interesting for that very reason: ISTp's, when drunk, tend to be mellow and laid-back, and the fact that they and other types don't fit the "loud, offenseive, horny, etc." stereotype is worth noting.

QUOTE]

I agree. I mean I know 4 ISTps irl and all drink very rarely, and all are quite quiet and mellow when drunk

I think maybe being drunk enhances your base function... or just numbs out all other functions
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    I think maybe being drunk enhances your base function.
    Hmm, yeah. It does for me...x100

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, yeah. It does for me...x100
    So it makes you wanna nap?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    So it makes you wanna nap?
    after like the second one, yeah. I quite enjoy listening to music after I've had a few...is anyone else like that or am I alone in this? I just notice the notes and what not a lot more and everything sounds a lot better and it's more enjoyable. Oh, and I eat...A LOT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast