Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would appreciate some feedback about my type :) (Questionnaire Video & Unrelated Video)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Would appreciate some feedback about my type :) (Questionnaire Video & Unrelated Video)

Here is my video about the questionnaire. It cut me off on the last required question, but it's pretty long anyway.

Here is a random video in which I talk about my top 10 favorite albums of all time. Maybe it'll help you type me.

Thanks in advance!

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    ENTp
    Thanks! Though I'm curious as to why you think that? I've just never really considered having strong Ne/Ni or Ti/Te D:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say ESE/ESFj...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Extravert Extravert is obvious ENFp or ESFp but ESFP is right
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-04-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about SEE?

You talked about kindness (and being caring) being important and about how your family is in your life which made me think you might have strong Fi. You said that you liked the idea of having influence in another person's life in terms of guidance. There was a fair amount of opinions on relationships and what you like and dislike. Mentioning that you don't have much conflict in your life could mean that you have a stronger ethical sense. Maintaining a defined degree of emotional privacy could mean Fi valuing as well.

Having a lot of opinions about hiphop, liking music a lot, liking the idea of traveling abroad, networking: possibly strong Se?
    Not being good at cooking, that's a counterpoint, but then again, at 22 you're still young. Same goes for trying to have a nice environment, that might be something you take up more interest in as you get older. Socializing while decorating suggests SF club.
    Liking to plan out activities with friends sounds a bit ESFp.

Talking about willingly working your way up career-wise could mean some Te valuing. Having respect for credentials is somewhat in that vein.

On a basic level, personally I'd be comfortable suggesting Ep temperament, yeah.

Anyways nice to meet you :)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Watched six minutes, my opinion is ESTJ - Te.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Watched six minutes, my opinion is ESTJ - Te.
    yeah probably

Need a side shot lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

RESPECT, this is how they are those are how they are, what is REAL
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-04-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ESE. Hey @Maritsa, you do know there are more extraverts than ENFp and ESTj right?
    Last edited by Jake; 04-03-2017 at 05:18 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    I agree with ESE. Hey @Maritsa, you do know there are more extraverts than ENFp and ESTj right?
    yeah SEE SLE those are some right? right? OMG
    -

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm a people orientated person"

"I value kindness, politeness, not doing anything stupid in public, being humble etc."

> These point to F

"I don't care about theoretical stuff"

> This points to S

"I avoid conflict... I don't really do conflicts at all. I don't know what to do with conflicts."

> This points to Judicious (Ne/Si)

"I love to plan things with my friends..."

> This points to J

"I'm good at networking"

> E

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    "I'm a people orientated person"

"I value kindness, politeness, not doing anything stupid in public, being humble etc."

> These point to F
    No

"I don't care about theoretical stuff"

> This points to S

"I avoid conflict... I don't really do conflicts at all. I don't know what to do with conflicts."

> This points to Judicious (Ne/Si)

"I love to plan things with my friends..."

> This points to J

"I'm good at networking"

> E
    Better

Let's look at Fe vs Te lol

Quote Originally Posted by basic socionics Te
    Te "Process" - TeNi, TeSi
    Certain methods are efficient for the completing a task, i.e. process, in the immediate present.

Te is intrisinctly involved in observing the actions that are going on at the moment, and how one movement is related to the next one. Strong Te focuses easily and constantly on the process going on at hand. Take cooking, for example. Cooking requires you to constantly monitor one action after another--measuring, pouring, stirring--and the accuracy of these actions. Let your mind wander and your souffle will burst, or egg shell pieces will get lost in your cake.

Te observes and analyzes the routine activity of actions and analyzes the actions for completeness and thoroughness of covering every base of the task at hand. Based on these conclusions, Te judges on the rightness/wrongness of observed routines. Te is concerned about the task at hand. Te approaches tasks by observing the method of doing it the best. Te immediately observes the practicality, of how to do the current task at hand, or how to set up an actual, concrete task that will be done. Te talks about how the task actually turns out to work in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by basic Socionics Fe
    Fe "Motive" - FeNi, FeSi
    External behavior or cues belie the inner disposition or motive.

Fe observes the display of feeling or disposition and analyzes motive, the catalyst of the feeling or disposition. Fe analyzes based on a particular disposition or emotional cues. Finely tuned Fe can be "people-smart" and pay attention to determining who is trustworthy and what to expect from their behavior based on hints of emotional and behavioral expressions.
    Where in the above say the first thing you described?
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    yeah SEE SLE those are some right? right? OMG
    Haha especially SEE

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

Let's look at Fe vs Te lol

Where in the above say the first thing you described?
    "Fe observes the display of feeling or disposition and analyzes motive, the catalyst of the feeling or disposition. Fe analyzes based on a particular disposition or emotional cues. Finely tuned Fe can be "people-smart" and pay attention to determining who is trustworthy and what to expect from their behavior based on hints of emotional and behavioral expressions."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"Fe observes the display of feeling or disposition and analyzes motive, the catalyst of the feeling or disposition. Fe analyzes based on a particular disposition or emotional cues. Finely tuned Fe can be "people-smart" and pay attention to determining who is trustworthy and what to expect from their behavior based on hints of emotional and behavioral expressions."
    does he analyze his own feelings about the music he likes or how the artists display emotion
    -

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj 2w1 So/Sp
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I third @Adam Strange and @Maritsa with LSE. Your thinking is very logic-oriented even though you show a clear sentimental side towards your favourite music etc. You seem like a prototypical rational extrovert too, being able to talk without stops, without much contemplation or introspection.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone who has looked at my video! I very much appreciate it!
    @Singularity @passenger

that was what I thought I was when I first looked into Socionics recently. Or, at least I thought ESE/SEI. But it seems as though many people don't think that D: But thanks! I've always assumed that I had Fe over Fi, but that wasn't by Socionics' definitions I suppose.
    @May

I never really thought about SEE because, from what I've read, Se seems kind of aggressive and bulldoze-y, which is kind of the opposite of how I interact with others. People often say that I'm too nice/soft and that it gets me taken advantage of. :/
    @Phantom Shadow

I'm curious as to where you see Ni, that's a new one for me Also the Enneagram 2 typing. So/sp is definitely me, but I always was typed at 9.
    @Maritsa @niffer @Adam Strange

This is a very interesting suggestion! While I was at work I was mulling this over and trying to figure out some things that seem to point away from Te. Maybe it's because of the people with whom I went to school (engineers galore), but the way they built real-world things and had all of this practical knowledge and were efficient made me jealous. I'm not great with things like that... Or at least compared to them. I'm constantly wasting time during classes or even at home, so it's hard to read certain LSE/Te descriptions and not feel a bit insecure. I may be misunderstanding Socionics because I'm a newbie, but the steam-roll to get things done/keeping your head in the moment seems a bit off as well. I can see how my communication may seem Te, but am I wrong in thinking that I do Te stuff very averagely in real life? I've never been a very handy person when it comes to doing stuff like repairs or building things, which I know gives certain people the biggest hard-on. I guess I've confused myself... D:

@Chae

Here you are. Thank you for taking a look when you have the time.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has @Chae typed you yet? She's really good

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    Has @Chae typed you yet? She's really good
    No, but I asked her and she said she would when she had time.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd City View Post
    Thanks to everyone who has looked at my video! I very much appreciate it!
    @Singularity @passenger

that was what I thought I was when I first looked into Socionics recently. Or, at least I thought ESE/SEI. But it seems as though many people don't think that D: But thanks! I've always assumed that I had Fe over Fi, but that wasn't by Socionics' definitions I suppose.
    @May

I never really thought about SEE because, from what I've read, Se seems kind of aggressive and bulldoze-y, which is kind of the opposite of how I interact with others. People often say that I'm too nice/soft and that it gets me taken advantage of. :/
    @Phantom Shadow

I'm curious as to where you see Ni, that's a new one for me Also the Enneagram 2 typing. So/sp is definitely me, but I always was typed at 9.
    @Maritsa @niffer @Adam Strange

This is a very interesting suggestion! While I was at work I was mulling this over and trying to figure out some things that seem to point away from Te. Maybe it's because of the people with whom I went to school (engineers galore), but the way they built real-world things and had all of this practical knowledge and were efficient made me jealous. I'm not great with things like that... Or at least compared to them. I'm constantly wasting time during classes or even at home, so it's hard to read certain LSE/Te descriptions and not feel a bit insecure. I may be misunderstanding Socionics because I'm a newbie, but the steam-roll to get things done/keeping your head in the moment seems a bit off as well. I can see how my communication may seem Te, but am I wrong in thinking that I do Te stuff very averagely in real life? I've never been a very handy person when it comes to doing stuff like repairs or building things, which I know gives certain people the biggest hard-on. I guess I've confused myself... D:

@Chae

Here you are. Thank you for taking a look when you have the time.
    First of all Te isn't a robot work-a holics. Te with Si day dream a lot and rest a lot too
    -

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all Te isn't a robot work-a holics. Te with Si day dream a lot and rest a lot too
    Okay, I gotcha. I just read stuff about practicality and thought, "I'm kind of a klutz in certain ways" haha! Any good resources on Te with Si?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd City View Post
    Okay, I gotcha. I just read stuff about practicality and thought, "I'm kind of a klutz in certain ways" haha! Any good resources on Te with Si?
    I don't think that you are LSE. I typed you in the other thread
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

COME ON EXE-Fe! ESE over EIE but we need more on Ni VS Si.

Networking people person who's outgoing and planning group activity. "Social butterfly". Funny, nice, courteous, spirited, expressive, communicative, keeps convo light and going energetically. Likes the loud people (that one ESFJ in MBTI reference!). +The entire deepness discussion. Endlessly talkative and constant mood EFj level. Fe-lead!

Fi quadra's 100% excluded, your partner is treated almost as everyone else with just minor difference, relationship concerns and liking (e.g., music) is there but your ethical focus is on people, objectively, as a whole. Best example: your `Even if I don't like them, we can get along, it's not being fake just polite´ - mentality. And the opening up thing, you do better at universal social situation as you say. Fi ignoring.

The creative function was hard, I had conflicting notions on this so that's still open. My take on it, take it with a grain of salt: You are time/schedule and future aware, but also look after chores decently, even if you don't care or simply aren't experienced in it. Conflict awareness but aversion though point to ESE, you underestimate your confrontation spirit demonstrative. The let's not start World War III thing - yes you are knowing of clashes but circumvent them. Alpha democratic and not Beta aristocratic, you can connect with everybody, no bias there, and group think is missing - friends are just friends. More reconciling than going against the grain. Because you're the Fe-subtype, the PoLR isn't too pronounced, but certainly is the most lacking - yet it's valued! With personality typing systems + teaching, Ti-seeking really is there.

So - Questions to get more accurate results about ESFj or ENFj:

Would you prioritize comfort over having your life mapped out? Or the other way around? Do you think ahead or stay focused in the moment to take care of people and aesthetics? Does dramatism/symbolism appeal to you?

Cherry on top: Enneagram 2w1-ish, tritype 279, social instinct first.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    COME ON EXE-Fe! ESE over EIE but we need more on Ni VS Si.

Networking people person who's outgoing and planning group activity. "Social butterfly". Funny, nice, courteous, spirited, expressive, communicative, keeps convo light and going energetically. Likes the loud people (that one ESFJ in MBTI reference!). +The entire deepness discussion. Endlessly talkative and constant mood EFj level. Fe-lead!

Fi quadra's 100% excluded, your partner is treated almost as everyone else with just minor difference, relationship concerns and liking (e.g., music) is there but your ethical focus is on people, objectively, as a whole. Best example: your `Even if I don't like them, we can get along, it's not being fake just polite´ - mentality. And the opening up thing, you do better at universal social situation as you say. Fi ignoring.

The creative function was hard, I had conflicting notions on this so that's still open. My take on it, take it with a grain of salt: You are time/schedule and future aware, but also look after chores decently, even if you don't care or simply aren't experienced in it. Conflict awareness but aversion though point to ESE, you underestimate your confrontation spirit demonstrative. The let's not start World War III thing - yes you are knowing of clashes but circumvent them. Alpha democratic and not Beta aristocratic, you can connect with everybody, no bias there, and group think is missing - friends are just friends. More reconciling than going against the grain. Because you're the Fe-subtype, the PoLR isn't too pronounced, but certainly is the most lacking - yet it's valued! With personality typing systems + teaching, Ti-seeking really is there.

So - Questions to get more accurate results about ESFj or ENFj:

Would you prioritize comfort over having your life mapped out? Or the other way around? Do you think ahead or stay focused in the moment to take care of people and aesthetics? Does dramatism/symbolism appeal to you?

Cherry on top: Enneagram 2w1-ish, tritype 279, social instinct first.
    Thanks so much, that was very thorough! I'm still wading through some of the stuff about the function stacking, but I think I kept up okay!

As for the question, it's kind of tough. I have an idea of my ideal future, but it's not super specific. It's more in terms of what my career is going to look like, and me re-imagining it was more a function of me quitting my current job after my contract is up. But I haven't really been super future-oriented for the majority of my life. I would say that, while it feels a bit lazy to say it, I do give comfort a lot of weight. Right when I get home from work I go bum-mode and wear hoodies/crew necks/shorts/sweats/joggers unless I go out later in the day, and I love getting my work done earlier in the day so that I can come home and relax/have the rest of the day to myself. I don't really "take care" of people a lot of the time, but it's not like I can't do it. Thanks for the Enneagram advice, too. I've always typed/been typed at so/sp 9w1, 962, but 2w1 is certainly interesting. You don't need to explain yourself if you don't want to, but I am curious about how you got 2w1.

Thanks!

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd city View Post
    @May
    I should have said alpha irrational, but I have a tendency to eliminate the least likely options first. I think you might be SEI-Fe. Alpha > Delta. LSE doesn't seem to me a very likely option because you seem a pretty chill dude, and even if you're an E9, LSE's have a different disposition.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks so much, that was very thorough! I'm still wading through some of the stuff about the function stacking, but I think I kept up okay!

As for the question, it's kind of tough. I have an idea of my ideal future, but it's not super specific. It's more in terms of what my career is going to look like, and me re-imagining it was more a function of me quitting my current job after my contract is up. But I haven't really been super future-oriented for the majority of my life. I would say that, while it feels a bit lazy to say it, I do give comfort a lot of weight. Right when I get home from work I go bum-mode and wear hoodies/crew necks/shorts/sweats/joggers unless I go out later in the day, and I love getting my work done earlier in the day so that I can come home and relax/have the rest of the day to myself. I don't really "take care" of people a lot of the time, but it's not like I can't do it. Thanks for the Enneagram advice, too. I've always typed/been typed at so/sp 9w1, 962, but 2w1 is certainly interesting. You don't need to explain yourself if you don't want to, but I am curious about how you got 2w1.

Thanks!
    No problem - so, from what you're saying, ESFj is your type rather than ENFj. Enneagram 9 is there but not too pronounced, it manifests in you being conflict averse. 2 - you like to cater to people, being needed by others, politeness is key. 1-wing simply because I see few achiever/image-consciousness in you, there's more of a moral edge. That's my take but you're apparently quite into it, how did you arrive at type 9?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    No problem - so, from what you're saying, ESFj is your type rather than ENFj. Enneagram 9 is there but not too pronounced, it manifests in you being conflict averse. 2 - you like to cater to people, being needed by others, politeness is key. 1-wing simply because I see few achiever/image-consciousness in you, there's more of a moral edge. That's my take but you're apparently quite into it, how did you arrive at type 9?
    Yeah, based on my own research so far, ESE sounds pretty good. I've seen the -Fe thing tagged after the XXX before, but I'm not exactly sure what that is, if you don't mind explaining it to me. As for my Enneagram, I'll post a write-up I made over the summer about what I see in myself through the lens of Naranjo's 9 below. Though I could be misunderstanding myself. I do that a lot hahaha!

For the longest time my Enneagram type was more visible to everyone except myself, which is pretty embarrassing because 9 is leaps and bounds better at explaining me than any other type. Certainly I feel like different types once in a while for a short time, but 9 is what explains me well on a daily basis.

I live out 9's over-adusted personality every day. Whether with small or big things, it's very difficult for me to assert my own opinions and desires in real life. I constantly concede to others' wishes and opinions on the outside. One example is this: my siblings and I all live on the second floor of the house. It gets pretty hot during the summer on the second floor and very stuffy. We all have air conditioners in our rooms and every day in the afternoon, the whole floor loses power because there are too many things running. And I'm always the one who turns the power back on, unplugs my air conditioner, and bears the heat. It's not horrible, but then I tend to become resentful that it's always me to do this while my siblings get to remain comfortable. It's not a fair mindset, because they don't ask me to do this, but it still gets to me. It's not like they wouldn't agree to turn theirs off. But it's like a reflex now. If I ask myself why I do this, I can't think of some convoluted risk vs. reward mindset, I just do it, automatically. It's as if it's hardwired into me to self-sacrifice in even small and meaningless ways and become resentful that I do that. And it's not just a pattern with air conditioning. Whether it's a dispute over what my friends want to do, what's for dinner, and other menial tasks, the pattern of conceding -> unexpressed resentment masked by a smile repeats itself. And when people meaningfully ask, "Is really OK with you?" I reply, "Of course, it's fine!" Every time.

When I'm socializing both on PerC and in real life, I tend to concede to others just because I can't be bothered to get into a debate. This means that I commonly apologize when I'm fully convinced that I'm right or try to find common ground to end parts of or whole conversations. I'm in slight disagreement with how 9s are depicted as not knowing where they stand on a lot of things. It's definitely true for some things. I purposely don't research or form political opinions because of the bad experiences I had dealing with political conversations. But regarding many other subjects, I have pretty deep-seated opinions. But I don't express these and, on the outside, I try to limit ways in which I may tip off the other person that I disagree. This can lead me to straight-up lying about how I feel about something, or even saying, "I see why you think that," when in reality, they said something that deeply offended me. So I prefer to stay disengaged and not express myself to "keep the peace." And it's because, when it comes down to it, I can't be bothered to rock the boat.

I also see the lack of interiority that Naranjo links to 9s in my life. I don't have a great sense of self beyond what my Si feeds me. I consider myself fairly expressive, especially when it comes to affection when I'm with my friends, but I don't consider myself an emotionally or intellectually "deep" person. When it comes to serious discussions about relationships or deep ethical topics, I find myself wanting to run away. The same goes for deep intellectual topics. I highly prefer light socializing without moralizing. I feel like a relatively straightforward person because I don't like to become too involved with ideas. This also led me to find it difficult to label myself as a type, as I didn't really know where I stood on a lot of typology-related thought patterns. I relied heavily on people to make observations about me and I figured out my types with the help of others.

On the other hand, I do reap some of the upsides of being a 9, specifically a social 9. I'm a group person and I genuinely like being involved in a variety of social groups. It's one of the reasons I became a teacher. I also feel as though I'm pretty good at smoothing over conflict and bringing people together. And while I can be too nice and need to try really hard not to be a pushover (which is an uphill battle, lemme tell ya), my niceness has gone a long way in the lives of others on a daily basis. So being a 9 every day has its pros and cons.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    How about SEE?

You talked about kindness (and being caring) being important and about how your family is in your life which made me think you might have strong Fi. You said that you liked the idea of having influence in another person's life in terms of guidance. There was a fair amount of opinions on relationships and what you like and dislike. Mentioning that you don't have much conflict in your life could mean that you have a stronger ethical sense. Maintaining a defined degree of emotional privacy could mean Fi valuing as well.

Having a lot of opinions about hiphop, liking music a lot, liking the idea of traveling abroad, networking: possibly strong Se?
    Not being good at cooking, that's a counterpoint, but then again, at 22 you're still young. Same goes for trying to have a nice environment, that might be something you take up more interest in as you get older. Socializing while decorating suggests SF club.
    Liking to plan out activities with friends sounds a bit ESFp.

Talking about willingly working your way up career-wise could mean some Te valuing. Having respect for credentials is somewhat in that vein.

On a basic level, personally I'd be comfortable suggesting Ep temperament, yeah.

Anyways nice to meet you
    I agree. At first I thought it was ep temperament with Ne but I see the realistic nature of Se now having actually watched the videos lol
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE? Not alpha SF imo. The other option is LSE, but you don't seem rational.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    SEE? Not alpha SF imo. The other option is LSE, but you don't seem rational.
    Thanks for the input! I'm definitely doing my research into all these types, but the stuff I read about Se just seems so... Opposite. My presence has never been described in the aggressive way Se (especially dominant) is. In group settings I can actually be a bit of a doormat, depending on the audience. Not that I'm shy or soft-spoken, but I'm not assertive like I see other people being. I dunno, am I missing something?

Guess I'll tag @Maritsa as her friend also was leaning SEE

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@mAAd city

Technically due to dimensionality of functions, all extroverted types have higher Fe than Fi and higher Te than Ti... just so you're aware.

My type for instance doesn't value Te, but has extremely strong Id block Te, and for many years during my interest in Jungian typology I thought a Te valuing type would apply to me more or sounded like me more than a Ti valuing one, possibly for the reason stated above.

Your overall demeanor and presentation is soft and low key, so Se valuing for you is very unlikely.

If not LSE, I would look into SEI as well as ESE.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    @mAAd city

Technically due to dimensionality of functions, all extroverted types have higher Fe than Fi and higher Te than Ti... just so you're aware.

My type for instance doesn't value Te, but has extremely strong Id block Te, and for many years during my interest in Jungian typology I thought a Te valuing type would apply to me more or sounded like me more than a Ti valuing one, possibly for the reason stated above.

Your overall demeanor and presentation is soft and low key, so Se valuing for you is very unlikely.

If not LSE, I would look into SEI as well as ESE.
    Huh, you're right. Man, you learn something new every day! Yeah, I'd say ESE and LSE are my top contenders, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super interested in why those people think SEE.

If it's not a bother, I'm curious as to how Te manifests in me. Though if I'm being dumb and you already did earlier in the thread, I'll find it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Huh, you're right. Man, you learn something new every day! Yeah, I'd say ESE and LSE are my top contenders, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super interested in why those people think SEE.

If it's not a bother, I'm curious as to how Te manifests in me. Though if I'm being dumb and you already did earlier in the thread, I'll find it.
    Your train of thought is extremely well-connected. Very good Te. I still think you are LSE.

In your second video, which I watched for a few seconds, you sometimes get still and then your appearance sometimes reminds me of an ILI that I know, but then you get going and turn into a twin of an LSE engineer whom I used to work with. Appearance, mannerisms, speech cadence, everything reminds me of this LSE guy. He had a hobby of collecting mechanical watches and was superb at improving designs, less good at originating new ones.

You seem to me to be just like that guy, but with perhaps two differences. One, you seem younger and less certain than he was (he was about 30 when I knew him, but seemed older and more "weighty", maybe a bit more concerned with how he appeared to others). Two, he was a mechanical engineer, and while I think you and he have similar aptitudes, you don't seem to be as interested in mechanical engineering and math. Was this career path strongly discouraged in your family?
    Your story about the air conditioners shows that you have an extremely strong sense of family and of fulfilling your "duty", which is very LSE, and if an LSE is heavily pressured by a parent to conform to some set of actions, then they will try to conform, if they can, for a while. Eventually, though, there is some resentment which comes out gradually.

Your inclination to go into teaching is also very LSE. My LSE mother was a teacher, as is a guy I know from work. Teaching others the right path is basically what LSE's do. Ask Maritsa about this. If not teaching as a teacher per se, then often LSE's will get jobs as middle managers, where they can show workers the correct procedure for doing their jobs.

ESFj could be a possibility from your written output, but the one ESE that I knew was super-focused on people (he was also a cook at various restaurants) rather than on mech stuff, like an ESTj would be, but the impression I get from you is that you focus more on things than people. But, I could easily be wrong. I've only watched a few seconds of your videos.

The principal way that I think ESE's differ from LSE's is that ESE's are smooth and very confident in their dealings with people, while LSE's are smooth and confident-appearing in their dealings with things.

In either case, I still think you strongly VI as LSE. I'm beginning to see how my LII sister married an LSE rather than an ESE.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-05-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Your train of thought is extremely well-connected. Very good Te. I still think you are LSE.

In your second video, of which I watched a few seconds, you sometimes get still and then your appearance sometimes reminds me of an ILI that I know, but then you get going and turn into a twin of an LSE engineer whom I used to work with. Appearance, mannerisms, speech cadence, everything reminds me of this LSE guy. He had a hobby of collecting mechanical watches and was superb at improving designs, less good at originating new ones.

You seem to me to be just like that guy, but with perhaps two differences. One, you seem younger and less certain than he was (he was about 30 when I knew him, but seemed older and more "weighty", maybe a bit more concerned with how he appeared to others). Two, he was a mechanical engineer, and while I think you and he have similar aptitudes, you don't seem to be as interested in mechanical engineering and math. Was this career path strongly discouraged in your family?
    Your story about the air conditioners shows that you have an extremely strong sense of family and of fulfilling your "duty", which is very LSE, and if an LSE is heavily pressured by a parent to conform to some set of actions, then they will try to conform, if they can, for a while. Eventually, though, there is some resentment which comes out gradually.
    Thanks! Okay, I can see that!

Math/science stuff was highly encouraged, though my parents weren't too strict either way. I studied math in college and chemistry before that and did well enough (though I only made it through Chem 101 and Calc 3 respectively, so I couldn't say whether or not I have an aptitude for them). But I just wasn't as I to that kind of thing and studying language felt more at home. I liked the socializing combined with it being a systematic thing. I found it easier to grasp grammar concepts than remember vocabulary if that means anything.

Engineering has never been an interest of mine though. Machines as a whole don't do much for me... I'm not very handy or good at building/repairing things either. My friends all did that while I just sat there and was useless (I was even seen by my friends as klutzy). Not sure if what I'm rambling about means anything, but yeah. If I am Te, I may have a hard time seeing it because I'm not into what I associate with Te based on my very limited reading on the function.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Math/science stuff was highly encouraged, though my parents weren't too strict either way. I studied math in college and chemistry before that and did well enough (though I only made it through Chem 101 and Calc 3 respectively, so I couldn't say whether or not I have an aptitude for them). But I just wasn't as I to that kind of thing and studying language felt more at home. I liked the socializing combined with it being a systematic thing. I found it easier to grasp grammar concepts than remember vocabulary if that means anything.

Engineering has never been an interest of mine though. Machines as a whole don't do much for me... I'm not very handy or good at building/repairing things either. My friends all did that while I just sat there and was useless (I was even seen by my friends as klutzy). Not sure if what I'm rambling about means anything, but yeah. If I am Te, I may have a hard time seeing it because I'm not into what I associate with Te based on my very limited reading on the function.
    This reminds me of something I just said in this thread lol http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1181464
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    This reminds me of something I just said in this thread lol http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1181464
    That's actually a good point... I have trouble identifying with a lot of these IE descriptions because I feel so inadequate. For example, I'm not good enough with practical things to be Te, I can't influence emotion enough to be Fe, not assertive enough to be Se, etc. I'm not saying that the system is unrelatable, but I don't feel comfortable associating with things unless I can embody them adequetly and rival others in terms of skill. :/

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One last question (for now): Why did you choose your name to be mAAd City? Are you mad about something? Anything?

I dunno. Sometimes VI fails. I've seen that happen. In the meanwhile, have you looked at these articles for descriptions which might fit you?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-and-V-Gulenko

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-and-M-Kuzmina

or
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya
    vs
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's actually a good point... I have trouble identifying with a lot of these IE descriptions because I feel so inadequate. For example, I'm not good enough with practical things to be Te, I can't influence emotion enough to be Fe, not assertive enough to be Se, etc. I'm not saying that the system is unrelatable, but I don't feel comfortable associating with things unless I can embody them adequetly and rival others in terms of skill. :/
    This is the impression I get, too. Not that you aren't good at these things, but that you have been discouraged from excelling in them.

To paraphrase, "You don't feel comfortable associating with these things unless you can be perfect." Why would you need to be perfect?

Full disclosure, I'm also reluctant to claim competence in an area that I don't excell in. But as I've gotten older, I've gotten better at just powering through and projecting confidence, sometimes in areas that I'm entirely unqualified to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast