Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hotelambush Questionnaire (Karatos)

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Regarding cognitive styles. I tend to find HP very irritating [at least sometimes] since they can jump into conclusions when their basis is potentially rotten crap.

It really brings to my mind my interaction with ESI.

ESI: Aah, this will be the best. I stick with it.
    Me: Causal links are potentially very jumbled. Anyways, I found that.... which indicates that... therefore I think....
    ESI: *lalalaa*
    Me: *facepalm*
    That's exactly how my interactions with ESI go. It's like they have tunnel vision or something.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Behaviorally, I'm fairly introverted, going by the common definition of introvert. I see my friends once a week at most and most of my socializing is done online, so I'm not very visibly engaged compared to someone who enjoys hosting, throwing parties, or any of these other "extroverted" activities. My introversion manifests when I get tired, anxious, or when I need to reflect. For example, in the mornings, I'll often spend a good 15 minutes with images and ideas going through my head, energizing me, until it all comes to a stopping point and prompts me to start the day.

Cognitively, it becomes fuzzier. I get energy from debating issues or examining concepts with people. I get energy from talking with people on this forum and last night, I wished people were more engaged in order to fulfill that need. But that desire is kind of rare for me. I'm in a transition phase of personal growth at the moment, so I'm floating the possibility that what I thought was a history of cognitive introversion was just depression/anxiety subduing real cognitive extraversion. But, it's too early to tell, so I don't want to give you an answer here when it's liable to be inaccurate.
    This is not an uncommon sentiment among Ne leadings or intuitive extroverts more generally - being more "mental" and less extroverted in the external, social sense.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Going to go with C sub. People confuse you with LII.

Anyways, I have received ILI typing in Discord (wohoo) [as I might give away irrational introverted autistic dynamism but no I'm not – I'm just psychotic]. As for you, you seem much more static.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to go with C sub. People confuse you with LII.

Anyways, I have received ILI typing in Discord (wohoo) [as I might give away irrational introverted autistic dynamism but no I'm not – I'm just psychotic]. As for you, you seem much more static.
    I'm pretty sure I'm C sub. It's the part of my typing I have most confidence in - ironically because it obscures other aspects of my type. IIRC, you made a blog post about how C types are hardest to type, since they essentially recreate themselves for a variety of purposes. This seems extremely plausible. Hollywood is probably full of them.

You do seem more dynamic. The dynamic aspect shares qualities with perceiving functions, so I figure that you're more on the extraverted side of things. Enneagram 7 is more extraverted than enneagram 6, as a general rule, but I don't think this is a sufficient explanation.

Could it be that you're Ne subtype and I'm more Ti subtype? Ne subtype has stronger Ni (a function of dynamic types), which could become pronounced since it's 3D in ILE.

Somehow this video seems relevant.

The ILE I relate to most on this site, in terms of how the thought process works, is consentingadult. He strikes me as ILE Ti.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Would it be that H sub comes off as bit weird internally/mentally (that is what people tend to tell about me). I think, for example Weird Al Yankovic could actually be LII-H.

C's... specialties comes through creative, possibly. Like Gulenko has been on a quite heavy Ne trip for a long time.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be that H sub comes off as bit weird internally/mentally (that is what people tend to tell about me). I think, for example Weird Al Yankovic could actually be LII-H.

C's... specialties comes through creative, possibly. Like Gulenko has been on a quite heavy Ne trip for a long time.
    I type Yankovic as ILE, but he has strong H elements. His music is about synthesizing other forms of music, which means that even though his art is derivative, it has unique qualities. In an industry where most artists try to build off their own artistic foundation, he's "Weird."

I get where Gulenko comes from and I like how he tries to take Socionics in new directions. Seems pretty C. Wouldn't mind working with him.

Are you sure you're H/D? H/C or C/H would be my guess.

Also, the aforementioned explanation and the H explanation definitely aren't mutually exclusive, since Ni corresponds with H. Could be both (A fittingly harmonizing answer).

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    (similar to the type I think you are, lul).
    LSI?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You, yeah. What I meant was my guess for him was a gut/instant 'feel', like it was for you. Mb was unclear, apologies.
    It would be pretty funny if I was LSI because it would mean that I'm extremely deluded about duality. Even funnier because an SEI on this forum said I struck them as an aggressor.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you sure you're H/D? H/C or C/H would be my guess.
    I have weird pushing qualities and I can take over the situation especially mentally. Not that I'm bossy or managerial. Probably to defend something unseen. OTOH I kind of struck as very deluded and bit of weakling (like some Se bases see it as very intriguing) + super weird. I really like to synthesize information.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't strike me as ILE... I don't think SEI is your dual, sorry.

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    I don't think SEI is your dual, sorry.
    I’m not even @A Moderator (or an ILE for that matter), and yet this sentence broke my heart.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    I’m not even @A Moderator (or an ILE for that matter), and yet this sentence broke my heart.
    Aww Here let me give you a hug. better?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't strike me as ILE... I don't think SEI is your dual, sorry.
    I see. I'm curious what you'd say as an alternative. IEE?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It would be pretty funny if I was LSI because it would mean that I'm extremely deluded about duality. Even funnier because an SEI on this forum said I struck them as an aggressor.
    #SpiritualAggressor

Edit. LSI for you is riduculous, they don't look neither act like you. Mb she was in Te PoLR fase too much or you just simply said/did something she didn't like, but thats not enough reason for typing you LSI, lol
    Last edited by Hope; 11-10-2018 at 01:24 PM.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. I'm curious what you'd say as an alternative. IEE?
    I'm not sure. I'm not very good at typing people, sorry

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why I was mentioned here today aka summoned, but I will offer an updated opinion on OP's type while I am. IMO, he's an LSE, not an ILE.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@A Moderator, I originally ventured that you could be LSI. I just revisited your videos and skimmed your questionnaire answers, and I want to change my opinion to IEI.

When I ran across this thread today, I had forgotten that I had guessed your type earlier. Today I watched your video with the sound off and thought Beta Beta Beta, either SLE or IEI. And your statements about being introverted and wanting to help others to be their best (along with the fact that you are having a hard time choosing your type) points to IEI, probably the Ni subtype.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @A Moderator, I originally ventured that you could be LSI. I just revisited your videos and skimmed your questionnaire answers, and I want to change my opinion to IEI.

When I ran across this thread today, I had forgotten that I had guessed your type earlier. Today I watched your video with the sound off and thought Beta Beta Beta, either SLE or IEI. And your statements about being introverted and wanting to help others to be their best (along with the fact that you are having a hard time choosing your type) points to IEI, probably the Ni subtype.
    that's not IEI, that's Ne. I honestly don't get how on earth do you reach those kind of conclusions. Ni has nothing to do with helping others to become their best. Adam, honestly whats up with your typing?

Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others.

Ne as Leading Function

The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled. He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive introverted sensing).

IEEs often tend to mentalize and verbalize matters of personal development, individual qualities, and significant personal experiences, and often develop connections best with others through disucssing matters of personal development that are close at heart to them. They may have a sort of innate tendency to spontaneously try to help others find an appropriate outlet for their particular talents, focusing on the potential positive aspects of their character; they may become engrossed over what people might become rather than what they are currently, and thus have a tendency to be able to see the positive side of everyone.

///
    Introverted intuition is an introverted, irrational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Ni, T, temporal intuition, or white intuition. Ni is generally associated with the ability to recognize the unfolding of processes over time (how one event leads to another), have visions of the past and future, develop mental imagery, and see intangible hints of relationships between processes or objects. Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.

Ni as Leading Function

As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his or her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with leading Ni may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he or she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.
    Last edited by Hope; 11-10-2018 at 05:45 PM.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Adam, nooo

these are IEIs imo. He doesn't look like any of them...

@A Moderator if you still want input for your type I'd like to add some examples and you just see for youself (:
    (Obv. I'm not some kind of authority - I just want to help )

Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 11-10-2018 at 05:44 PM.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@A Moderator I do think you're a type that is resistant to Fe... The last interaction we had on Discord DMs felt that way to me. You seem like you can apply pressure in an Fi kind of way, like you don't give in. It's a lot easier to "set a mood" and steer the conversation with alpha NTs. Typically with ILEs and SEI, there's never a need to share the same opinion about something. If I had to pick a type for you, IEE over ILE. If the cognition style fits, I would say you should look at SEE as well, but I think that's less likely. If you're sure about being alpha NT, then LII over ILE.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE might fit. In case you are undecided between ILE, LII and LSE.

In the benefit ring ILE and LSE can overlap significantly in terms of interest.
    Like this guy who I think is LSE.

There is some similarity between you and him.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOT View Post
    that's not IEI, that's Ne. I honestly don't get how on earth do you reach those kind of conclusions. Ni has nothing to do with helping others to become their best. Adam, honestly whats up with your typing?
    This is why ILE and ESI do not mix. Supposedly Ni as marketed in some texts in a way says that it is able sustain itself under adverse conditions and work towards the better. So that betterment comes to fruition later – if it comes. You are just supposed to flex other methods while doing it and opportunity shows itself. This is why ESI's sometimes end up in completely thankless positions from their point of view. Believe etc.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so what I'm gathering from this thread is that I have 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D and 4D . The Omni-type (aka God-mode).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok, so what I'm gathering from this thread is that I have 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D and 4D . The Omni-type (aka God-mode).
    Yes. All hail @A Moderator.
    No need to . It is shown true.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@A Moderator I do think you're a type that is resistant to Fe... ...Typically with ILEs and SEI, there's never a need to share the same opinion about something.
    The Ti subtype ILE is described like this, though:
    "speaks rapidly and usually in a categorical tone. Can be unduly categorical in his judgments with a tendency of imposing his opinion on others."
    And there's more in the link, but overall the gist is that ILE-Ti types tend to be more argumentative and defensive about their ideas. Considering this, do you still think he's likely not ILE? I thought that ILE-Ti types needed a lot more emotional pressuring than regular or Ne-ILEs, too. But you said that normally both ILEs and LIIs make it easy to set the mood with them, so my point may be moot.

In my limited experience, I've kinda felt like Ti-creative types of the Ti-subtype were like emotional black holes...as in they just absorb whatever emotion I'm putting out there and it hardly effects them. It takes a lot of Fe to shake them up. They just aren't wired to show emotions easily. They seem more comfortable with Fe than the ILI and SLI friends I've had, though, like they understand it and process it easily. Whereas the ILIs and SLIs have sometimes taken days to fully process whatever emotional signals I've given them, which was confusing to me at the time. Mutual confusion
    @A Moderator I am kinda perplexed by this though, because you do remind me of my ex who I've typed as LSE in your self-presentation. I've never felt like my PoLR was being supervised by you, though, and supposedly types in the benefit rings often have similar appearances/self-presentation, at least that's what I've heard some users say. When we talk, I feel like I'm getting 'enough' haha xD And it does feel like we dualize, when we've gotten talking And I'm pretty sure I can't be Delta, or any quadra besides the Alpha quadra. The only other type besides SEI that feels right at all is ESE, and we've already talked about that...

So yeah, I'm leaning towards ILE for you, still.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE is the delusional Don Quixote/Wile E Coyote.

There could be a tendency to impose their views against the windmills.

I get perverse satisfaction when I fight against those things. I do make sure that things follow logical path chosen by my irrational ideological views. I could see Richard Dawkins as an ILE.

I do not personally go and tell people how things should be... Things just get very personal.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Xaiviay it does feel like we dualize, and this is especially convincing coming from you since you already have experience dualizing - with the caveat that we could both be different types that also happen to be duals. We are both close to ambiversion, which puts the dynamic on an even playing field with symmetry, one way or another. I generally think I can be myself around you.

Not sure what to say about the LSE presentation. It's one of the last types I'd type myself as. As @Troll Nr 007 said earlier, I come across as a static, so there's some contradiction here. Maybe it's some family influence, since I grew up with a lot of Te.

I don't think you're Delta, either. Way too much Fe for that.

Not to say Fi isn't conscious, but I do believe the instance Pano Lou was referring to was an isolated incident in that I was implementing specific maxims that are very new to me.
    @Troll Nr 007 yeah that's what gives ESI an ambitious streak with the mobilizing Ni. Se/Ni does tend to value skill and vision, which typically requires single-focus and dedication, which ILE sees as limiting and constraining. Moreover, ESI has emotional attachment and investment, which is difficult for ILE to really process.

That said, I understand @Adam Strange 's rationale; IEI will focus on people for extended periods of time trying to bring out their potential, facilitate growth, etc. Somewhat like ESI, they tend to have a single-focus in that they have a limited number of projects, zeroing in on latent areas of growth from every angle. Ni is exhaustive and deep in it's approach to areas of interest, whereas Ne has breadth. I value Ne, though.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see Richard Dawkins as an ILE.
    An excellent example of Alpha NT, nonetheless.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE is the delusional Don Quixote/Wile E Coyote.
    Whyy is this so funny to me?! x'D I've never even seen this show before.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    You should watch more. It's the greatest.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Xaiviay it's like I can't hide anything from you. Lol.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Story of my life.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Myst @thehotelambush @Sol @Owl @silke @Xaiviay @Pano Lou @sbbds @Kill4Me @Aramas
    Part 2 coming out as soon as I can. Hopefully today.
    I'm seeing a LSI-Se in this video, but you do seem to have a pronounced Alpha "subtype" going on. There is a theory that has been floating around russian-speaking socionics forums for years that people have what's called "dual" types. Per this theory, any person has a core IM type corresponding to "introversion" and a secondary "extraversion" type that represents their social expression and social mission, and this "extraverted" secondary type is also how they present themselves. When this social expression subtype doesn't match the core IM type, the person feels pulled towards some quadrant that is not their own - this is where their social mission type is directing them. Based on this you could be very well an LSI with alpha "subtype" who is getting pulled into alpha, yet there is a sense that something is "off" because your two types are not matching up.

Whether you're LSI or ILE isn't that impossible to check. All you have to do is find a few EIEs irl and compare your interaction with them to those of SEIs. The SEI is a benefactor to the LSI and sends an activating impulse making the LSI feel energized in their presence, however, there is a possibility of confusing this type of interaction for duality.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Xaiviay it's like I can't hide anything from you. Lol.
    That's exactly how duality makes me feel. The first time I experienced it, I felt like "wooooaaahhh boy, I wasn't ready to be this exposed "
    Xaiviay it does feel like we dualize, and this is especially convincing coming from you since you already have experience dualizing - with the caveat that we could both be different types that also happen to be duals. We are both close to ambiversion, which puts the dynamic on an even playing field with symmetry, one way or another. I generally think I can be myself around you.
    I feel like I can be myself with you, too! And yes, with the caveat that we could both be different types.
    Not sure what to say about the LSE presentation. It's one of the last types I'd type myself as. As @Troll Nr 007 said earlier, I come across as a static, so there's some contradiction here. Maybe it's some family influence, since I grew up with a lot of Te.
    Family influence can make you come across more like other types, yes...
    Lol
    Yes, too much Fe, and not nearly enough Te. And this is the quadra I can see as 2nd most likely from Alpha; I'm definitely not Se/Ni valuing *shudders in horror*
    Not to say Fi isn't conscious, but I do believe the instance Pano Lou was referring to was an isolated incident in that I was implementing specific maxims that are very new to me.
    I think it's usually pretty easy for people to be more rigid about principles/constructs that they are just barely learning how to use, if that's kinda like what you're talking about. I know I tend to do that.

So yeah, if you feel like you dualize with me, and I feel like I dualize with you, my vote is for ILE-Ti Unless it turns out we're both wrong and I'm actually ESE, in which case you might be LII. ...But I don't think that's likely.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I'm seeing a LSI-Se in this video, but you do seem to have a pronounced Alpha "subtype" going on. There is a theory that has been floating around russian-speaking socionics forums for years that people have what's called "dual" types. Per this theory, any person has a core IM type corresponding to "introversion" and a secondary "extraversion" type that represents their social expression and social mission, and this "extraverted" secondary type is also how they present themselves. When this social expression subtype doesn't match the core IM type, the person feels pulled towards some quadrant that is not their own - this is where their social mission type is directing them. Based on this you could be very well an LSI with alpha "subtype" who is getting pulled into alpha, yet there is a sense that something is "off" because your two types are not matching up.

Whether you're LSI or ILE isn't that impossible to check. All you have to do is find a few EIEs irl and compare your interaction with them to those of SEIs. The SEI is a benefactor to the LSI and sends an activating impulse making the LSI feel energized in their presence, however, there is a possibility of confusing this type of interaction for duality.
    This theory completely muddles my current Socionics paradigm... Oh my word. Do you have any links to english translations of this theory, per chance?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This theory completely muddles my current Socionics paradigm... Oh my word. Do you have any links to english translations of this theory, per chance?
    I wouldn't get into it until having a solid understanding of types. It's kind of advanced material. But there is some reason for why some ppl seem like clear representatives of their type, and others get a wide range of typings with next to no consensus, and that could very well be subtype interference.

There has been some discussion of this idea on this forum but no translated articles. Here's a google translate version of what Slinko wrote about these subtypes:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

@silke Explain "LSI" and furthermore "LSI-Se". Mind you, I didn't watch the video, so it's best to provide comparisons or link descriptions to timestamped moments so I can understand what you're seeing like "G.ulenko said xxx was a characteristic of LSI, shich AMod does at #:##".

Of course, you don't have to do this, but AMod is a Ti-heavy guy so personal/subjective impressions alone won't sway him (if you don't care to help him, your prerogative).
    I might do this later - have to get dinner now - but I also doubt that is going to help him in figuring out his type. He needs to stumble around some SEIs and EIEs (and possibly EIIs) and put the clues together to find the answer for himself.
    Last edited by silke; 11-11-2018 at 12:41 AM.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Xaiviay it does feel like we dualize, and this is especially convincing coming from you since you already have experience dualizing - with the caveat that we could both be different types that also happen to be duals. We are both close to ambiversion, which puts the dynamic on an even playing field with symmetry, one way or another. I generally think I can be myself around you.

@Troll Nr 007 yeah that's what gives ESI an ambitious streak with the mobilizing Ni. Se/Ni does tend to value skill and vision, which typically requires single-focus and dedication, which ILE sees as limiting and constraining. Moreover, ESI has emotional attachment and investment, which is difficult for ILE to really process.

That said, I understand @Adam Strange 's rationale; IEI will focus on people for extended periods of time trying to bring out their potential, facilitate growth, etc. Somewhat like ESI, they tend to have a single-focus in that they have a limited number of projects, zeroing in on latent areas of growth from every angle. Ni is exhaustive and deep in it's approach to areas of interest, whereas Ne has breadth. I value Ne, though.
    Except when we last spoke you told me you don't dualize with her and wondered if it was even useful to try?

And no, it's not an isolated incident. You do exert a lot of psychological pressure, even in other conversations. Maybe you just don't realize it yourself.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I wouldn't get into it until having a solid understanding of types. It's kind of advanced material. But there is some reason for why some ppl seem like clear representatives of their type, and others get a wide range of typings with next to no consensus, and that could very well be subtype interference.

There has been some discussion of this idea on this forum but no translated articles. Here's a google translate version of what Slinko wrote about these subtypes:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=
    Thanks! It sounds like the core type would be which IM values/preferences that are really innate to you, and the subtype would be the strengths/talents that you've acquired to adapt to life's pressures. Would you say that's accurate?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except when we last spoke you told me you don't dualize with her and wondered if it was even useful to try?
    That was before I talked with her further in live chat.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks! It sounds like the core type would be which IM values/preferences that are really innate to you, and the subtype would be the strengths/talents that you've acquired to adapt to life's pressures. Would you say that's accurate?
    I'm still new to this subtype thing but based on observations this idea does seem to have merit. This subtype has also been described as a kind of social mask that we put on when interacting with others. The details of this theory are still too fuzzy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast