Thread: enneagram type of Cyclops

Creepy-Cyclops

Default enneagram type of Cyclops

Just wondering, does anyone have an opinion on what enneagram type I could be?

I've heard Type 5, Type 6, and 5w6 with 6w5

I sat a test

-2 3 -3 -1 7 0 0 2 -6 (type 1 at start and type 9 at end)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strange result is your high score on type 2, otherwise it is pretty much what we should expect. The most logical type for an ISTp to be is after all type 5 -- the creative type in the Enneagram.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2s are fucking annoying. They should learn to mind their own business. They are my perfect conflictors.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    2s are fucking annoying. They should learn to mind their own business. They are my perfect conflictors.

Twos are the fuckin' shit !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, of course. 2s are leading.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post

Twos are the fuckin' shit !
    Yeah, I know. machintruc = ISTj; most 2s = ENFj or ESFj; makes sense.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interaction with 2s is no that bad for me actually, as it is for them. They give, I take. They think they haven't given enough so they give more, I take again and leave. I get candies, they remain miserable.

Creepy-Cyclops

I can't really see myself as a 2, well not really at all.

There is a lot within the 5 which I can relate to. In regards to 6 I don't need a group of which I have to belong to per se, I'm quite happy being the 'lone wolf' if need be, but there are some things in a 6 I see also, perhaps this is related to being part of the mental ring, but type 7 I would say is not me.

I guess i'll have to give it more thought. I'm kind of sure of which type I am on the enneagram, but not totally sure, and there's no point in rushing things.

I've heard of myself as a 9- but I can't really see that at all. Maybe more so IRL I could maybe as I do value my peace, but there are far too many reasons against being a 9 really I think, which is reflected in my low score for it haha.

From reading descriptions i'm kinda edging towards 5 I guess.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I can't really see myself as a 2, well not really at all.
    Of course not. No one can see you as a 2, because you are not a 2. But how can you score so high on 2 when you are creative? I always score lowest on 2 (and 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    There is a lot within the 5 which I can relate to. In regards to 6 I don't need a group of which I have to belong to per se, I'm quite happy being the 'lone wolf' if need be, but there are some things in a 6 I see also, perhaps this is related to being part of the mental ring, but type 7 I would say is not me.
    Type 7 is always extraverted, so no ISTp should be that type.

I've heard of myself as a 9- but I can't really see that at all.
    Type 9 is so clearly F that an ISTp really has to strain himself in order to identify with that type. I strongly identify with the IP temperament in type 9, but not much else.

From reading descriptions i'm kinda edging towards 5 I guess.
    Who's the next ISTp in line? We cannot rest until all ISTps have accepted that they are 5s.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Who's the next ISTp in line? We cannot rest until all ISTps have accepted that they are 5s.
    As you've said yourself, there is no good fit for an ISTp in the enneagram. 5 could be the closest alongside with 4, 6, and 9, all potentially coming close to a certain degree, but I doubt any real ISTp would identify strongly with either one of the enneagram types.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclops, I agree with 5 for you.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you've said yourself, there is no good fit for an ISTp in the enneagram.
    What I mean by that is that there is always a better fit for another socionic type in every one of the Enneagram types.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    5 could be the closest alongside with 4, 6, and 9, all potentially coming close to a certain degree, but I doubt any real ISTp would identify strongly with either one of the enneagram types.
    An ISTp can never be a 4 because every 4 is an intuitive type.

The intuition of type 4 is indisputable, so every sensory type is ruled out in that category.

And type 9 is clearly ethical, so no ISTp can be a 9 either -- unless we redefine type 9 and describe it differently. In that case potentially every IP could be a 9.

In order for an ISTp to be a 6, you have to explain what an ISTp has in common with an ISFj, and why that similarity is relevant to their typings.

Type 5 is the least problematic for an ISTp, because even though type 5 is described as more intuitive that sensory, that aspect is not so obvious as is the intuition of type 4 and the ethics of type 9. So the INTp is the prototype for type 5, but we can accept the ISTp there too, becasue they have a clearly type relevant similarity in that they are both creative types.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ISTp can never be a 4 because every 4 is an intuitive type.
    I disagree.

The intuition of type 4 is indisputable, so every sensory type is ruled out in that category.
    The intuition of type 4 doesn't equal the intuition of iNtuitive socionics types.

And type 9 is clearly ethical, so no ISTp can be a 9 either -- unless we redefine type 9 and describe it differently. In that case potentially every IP could be a 9.
    I agree, that's what I've found myself. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that "no ISTp can be a 9". Some of what you'd call Si ISTp's could be 9s. I know I am not though.

In order for an ISTp to be a 6, you have to explain what an ISTp has in common with an ISFj, and why that similarity is relevant to their typings.
    Even though the ISFj is probably the best overall fit for a 6, I don't think every 6 must be an ISFj. And ISTps do (or can) have things in common with ISFjs, like Fi/Te values, weak Ne, focus on security etc...

Type 5 is the least problematic for an ISTp, because even though type 5 is described as more intuitive that sensory, that aspect is not so obvious as is the intuition of type 4 and the ethics of type 9. So the INTp is the prototype for type 5, but we can accept the ISTp there too, becasue they have a clearly type relevant similarity in that they are both creative types.
    I agree, but 5s can aslo be INTjs and possibly other types as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree.
    So what? If you disagree and believe that an ISTp can be a 4, then you are just wrong and should study the Enneagram more. It's incredible how wrong people can be about the Enneagram types.

The intuition of type 4 doesn't equal the intuition of iNtuitive socionics types.
    It certainly does. So now you admit that you don't understand Socionics either? You surely have something to learn here ... Beginners ... What shall we do about their ignorance and lack of understanding, Father?

I agree, that's what I've found myself. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that "no ISTp can be a 9". Some of what you'd call Si ISTp's could be 9s. I know I am not though.
    And by saying that you admit that we have to redefine type 9 to become less ethical than it is right now. No logical type can be type 9 as that type is described in the Enneagram, but I don't mind changing the Enneagram to fit our needs.

Even though the ISFj is probably the best overall fit for a 6, I don't think every 6 must be an ISFj.
    Probably!? There is no question about the fact that the best fit for a 6 is the ISFj. If you hesitate even the slightest about that, you must study the Enneagram (and the types in Socionics) some more. Type 6 is leading. We can accept some INFjs in that group too. No big deal.

And ISTps do (or can) have things in common with ISFjs, like Fi/Te values, weak Ne, focus on security etc...
    Good try. But ISTps are not so focused on security as the ISFjs. And why are the Fi/Te values essential to type 6?

I agree, but 5s can aslo be INTjs and possibly other types as well.
    Maybe some INTjs can be 5s, even though that is not altogether clear. But no other types can come into consideration here.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    bleh

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 6 is leading.
    And you are God. And God doesn't make mistakes.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 7 is always extraverted
    The intuition of type 4 is indisputable
    And type 9 is clearly ethical
    Hey, don't you exaggerate? Enneagram and socionics base on different aspects of personality.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are God. And God doesn't make mistakes.
    Correct. At least you have learnt something.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct. At least you have learnt something.
    You haven't, obviously.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn View Post
    Hey, don't you exaggerate?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn
    Enneagram and socionics base on different aspects of personality.
    No. I have explained how you should look at it in #128 in this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...437#post406437

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    The essence of each type is out there in the world. It is independent on our theoretical explanations and our methods of identification. We happen to (think that we) know this essence (but we could be wrong), and the essence is described in Socionics.

Two people that are the same type can not be different types in another system/model unless this difference coincides and is recognized as a relevant difference in Socionics.

For example, an ISTj and an INTj are the same type if we only look at their leading function, but they are different types if we group them according to clubs, where the ISTj is a Pragmatist and the INTj is a Researcher. An ENTp and an INTp are the same type if we look at the clubs, where both are Researchers, but the ENTp belongs to the group of Extraverts and the group of Ne leading types, whereas the INTp belongs to the group of Introverts and the group of Ni leading types. They are also different types if we look at the temperaments where the ENTps is EP and the INTps is IP.

We can group people in many different ways, but the groups (types) in the Enneagram MUST NECESSARILY reflect type relevant differences according to the dichotomies used in Socionics. Otherwise the Enneagram types would not exist, because they would not reflect the real essences of the types that are independent of our theories but described in the true theories. And since we believe that Socionics is a true theory, we cannot allow another theory (such as the Enneagram) to contradict it.

So for every type in the Enneagram we must explain why -- according to which groupings in Socionics -- two different socionic types can be different types in the Enneagram.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it how Phaedrus stands up and defends the truth with boldness. He's my hero.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am God, and I make mistakes. Therefore, Phaedrus is not God.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I have explained how you should look at it in #128 in this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...437#post406437
    You imply that both socionics and enneagram reflect 100% of ones personality, what is not true.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn View Post
    You imply that both socionics and enneagram reflect 100% of ones personality, what is not true.
    No, I don't imply that. Only an idiot would think that Socionics and the Enneagram reflect 100 % of one's personality. Don't you understand what I am saying?

Creepy-Cyclops

Well, i've been thinking a little bit about the discrepency of the enneagram 6 and 5 etc of the ISTp

Using the typical example of a 5, were they are 'masters of the universe' etc through their knowledge, an INTp could be a typical example of a 5.

Perhaps the ISTp can also be a 5 - but taking the simple dichotomy difference of N and S, and the general emphasis in some differences of practicallity of INTp and ISTp.

The ISTp knowledge of their universe will be more immediate than INTp, for instance the ISTp will need to know absolute knowledge of their job, their hobbies, their fields of interest, and INTp's knowledge seeking will be more vague and different emphasis than this.

Of course ISTp's can and often are knowledgable about many things, but is the emphasis of that knowledge seeking different from say, an INTp 5, were what they see (ISTp 5) as their 'universe' and what they need to know to feel secure etc can have different emphasis, more pressing concerns etc than that of another, say perhaps intuitive 5, like for instance INTp 5? (or some other type)

Curious what you think about this general idea etc? for trying to describe the 5 and apply it to how it could manifest etc in such a type as ISTp, if we were to draw comparables? Or even S and N

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Type 7 is always extraverted, so no ISTp should be that type.
    I've been wondering about this recently, as some people have Allie typed as Fe-INFp 7w6. I know that there is no way an IxTp could be a 7, but could an especially Fe focused IxFp possibly be one?

Using the typical example of a 5, were they are 'masters of the universe' etc through their knowledge, an INTp could be a typical example of a 5.
    lol, they aren't "masters of the universe" through their knowledge. 5's specialize in specific subjects/fields in order to gain competence in something and feel secure/confident enough to enter into the physical world and overcome their core fear - of being overwhelmed, incompetent.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol, they aren't "masters of the universe" through their knowledge. 5's specialize in specific subjects/fields in order to gain competence in something and feel secure/confident enough to enter into the physical world and overcome their core fear - of being overwhelmed, incompetent.
    Sure, I was just using that to coin a phrase to get my general point across. I wonder what you think of the differences in the manifestation of a 5 in an N or S, specifically in this case an INTp and an ISTp

For instance, because of the general differences that could happen in the fields of interest of these two types, I guess it can be easier to type, mis-type or even stereotype an INTp as a 5 but not type an ISTp (for example) as a 5.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my mother relates by far the best to E-7 and she's EII. I've considered IEE for her also but I really think she's EII. I guess she could be 6w7 or some such thing. I had her read the Enneagram book and she read through all the types and pinpointed 7 as definitely being her. I think she's strong in both Fi and Ne, so she could really be either. I do think she's rational though. MUCH more so than my SEI dad. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I was just using that to coin a phrase to get my general point across. I wonder what you think of the differences in the manifestation of a 5 in an N or S, specifically in this case an INTp and an ISTp

For instance, because of the general differences that could happen in the fields of interest of these two types, I guess it can be easier to type, mis-type or even stereotype an INTp as a 5 but not type an ISTp (for example) as a 5.
    Right, well the INTp 5, as you pointed out, would illustrate the stereotype better - possibly having more esoteric interests, specializing in impractical subjects for the sake of specialization. As for an ISTp 5, I don't know; I think most people could connect the dots on that one, though. Plumbing lol (jk).

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Right, well the INTp 5, as you pointed out, would illustrate the stereotype better - possibly having more esoteric interests, specializing in impractical subjects for the sake of specialization. As for an ISTp 5, I don't know; I think most people could connect the dots on that one, though. Plumbing lol (jk).
    For instance, I have a somewhat unquenchable interest to learn and to keep up to date in my spheres of interests, be that work related or extra-cirricular activities..which relates strongly to reasons for a 5 for myself, but those 'interests' can be seen as more practical than an INTp, although those interests will often result in other knowledge gaining which isn't necessarily practical (for instance my interest in science leads me to read certain philosophy concepts such as Time..going from Augustine to Leibniz to Lewis to Godel, Newton etc through to Boltzmann, Einstein) which in part can be attributed to the shared Te of INTp.

I guess it can maybe help explain why ISTp's don't always seem to have a good fit on enneagram, and although I identify more with 5 than with 6, at same time i'm not a typical 'esoteric' INTp 5, my interests, theoretical will eventually relate to the practical. The underlying motives for a 5 are essentially the same.

Perhaps this could explain, why on face of it, 5 isn't quite as obvious as others for some types, and it's been said that type 5, although not perfect, is probably best fit for ISTp (if correlations of socionic and enneagram are given any credence) Although in terms of just 'knowledge' I frequently collect it.. It's all about collecting knowledge to feel confident and secure enough to enter their physical world.

Winterpark has already expressed doubts on this thread about an ISTp being any enneagram type.

But I think after some time and some conversations i'm coming to see myself being a 5, with a 6 wing (as I stated earlier in thread)

Just some general thoughts, repeating myself a little bit, but why not lol.

It comes down of course, as often with enneagram, to looking deeper etc.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 09-16-2008 at 02:35 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes sense to me.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could, honestly and with problems, see any of the head types (Five, Six and Seven) as an SLI and maybe - just maybe - Nine.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I could, honestly and with problems, see any of the head types (Five, Six and Seven) as an SLI and maybe - just maybe - Nine.
    I could easily see 6w5 and 5w6. 9w8 or 9w1 are distant seconds, but I highly doubt 7.
    4w3-5w6-8w7