Thread: Frustrated with conflicting definitions of instincts

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Frustrated with conflicting definitions of instincts

There seems to be more contradiction here than in any other typology I've seen (at least in a long time), even more so than the various schools of thought in Socionics. There's no ONE authority on it, so there's no official right answer. It feels like people are using the same words to speak different languages, resulting in a lot of problems communicating.

It would be nice to respond by just ignoring it, but it seems like one of the most crucial areas of compatibility. It's on par with PY and of greater importance than Socionics.

I don't have any suggestions on how to resolve this. I guess I'm just bitching.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

this tends to happen when the source is vague and people are left to infer the operation of the basics

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sources straight up contradict each other!
    SEE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    The sources straight up contradict each other!
    Do you have an example?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main one I can think of is sx. Some sources say it's about one to one connection, bonding. Some say it's about intensity. Some say it's literally about sex.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With So, some say it's about being proactive about social causes. Some say it's about caring about the community. Some say it's about knowing how to navigate social realms.

With Sp, some say it's about looking after your own self interests before those of others. Some say it's very related to physical things.
    SEE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All of these different definitions apply to the instincts, all of them are equally valid. Connection, bonding, sex, intensity - those belong together. They actually correlate under the umbrella topic of forming a relationship with someone or something. Intense bonding, connection through sex, connecting via intensity and so on. Social causes, community, social realm navigation - all SO topics. Sp: resources and preference of one's own interests - yes, all correct.

So we can basically be eclecticists - which can be quite an advantage. Different viewpoints on the instincts create greater knowledge and variety. Typing is tricky that way but there are only six stackings, at least.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had people say that anyone overweight is automatically not sp last, and that anyone who's not so last fights for causes.
    SEE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I've had people say that anyone overweight is automatically not sp last, and that anyone who's not so last fights for causes.
    Obviously they are uninformed...

And btw 'bonding' is so. Friend bonding at least. Sx is not the act of sex, its sexual attraction, romance.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

And btw 'bonding' is so. Friend bonding at least. Sx is not the act of sex, its sexual attraction, romance.
    Yes, this is an example of one of the contradictions out there. A lot of people say deep, intense friend bonding counts as sx.
    SEE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Hm... correct. The sexual act is sp because sp includes bodily activity, sx is the chemistry. Sx is... about the "spark", we know where the energy is

Friend bonding is both so and sx but the motivations are different:

---> so sees people in webs and oneself in between

---> sx sees people as solitary potential in relation to oneself, hence the "one-on-one" title of sx

An so-dom will bond with a friend because they want to belong to their peer group, want to fit in, desire the right connection, like to increase their circle etc
    An sx-dom will bond with a friend just because.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

Friend bonding is both so and sx but the motivations are different:

---> so sees people in webs and oneself in between

---> sx sees people as solitary potential in relation to oneself, hence the "one-on-one" title of sx

An so-dom will bond with a friend because they want to belong to their peer group, want to fit in, desire the right connection, like to increase their circle etc
    An sx-dom will bond with a friend just because.
    Sx has nothing to do with friends. Sx is sexual. Soc lasts find it hard or draining to maintain friendships.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Instinct Stackings

OK, instinct stackings make no sense to me. Sp is supposed to be self-preservation, so I picked Sp last for myself because "nope, don't give a crap about that", but then the Sp/Sx thread is, in the words of someone there, "DEATH AND PLANTS". Death is the opposite of Sp though, isn't it? I thought death would be Sx due to the relations between sex and death and/or violence, so "DEATH AND PLANTS" would be more Sx/So (Sp last + Sx first). Sx/So is just depicted as "LET'S HAVE SEX" and all the other ones are a mess as well, except Sp/So is just boring because it's supposed to be the default. All of the stackings in a common interpretation assume that people will make their priority in life either social acceptance, one-on-one relationships, or being able to live comfortably, and I don't prioritize any of those things and much actions show it as well (although that's what I thought E-types implied, that I would care about my E-type primarily and the instincts just modify it). So, can anyone make the instinct stackings make sense? Thanks!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In evolution there is like, self preservation, being in a social safety net and procreation. And we tend to rely on one more than the other. But ya, how to identify them? Anyway I heard that you suppose to have a good match with someone of the same stackings.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tigerfadder I know about that, but I really don't consider myself to care about those things all that much so I'm confused. I'm not obsessed over partners, over fitting in, or over my own survival and comfort. And evolutionary psychology is kind of nonsense generally as well, to put it mildly.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe being obsessed is the wrong word, maybe it is what make you feel safe. About evolutionary psychology, you are the one who brought this up! ;p

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tigerfadder But people always talk about this with enneagram, and it's pretty much preferred over the actual E-types from what I've seen. I just don't think I understand it no matter what I read. Synflow and contraflow seems like positivist and negativist but everything else is bewildering, especially the whole Hindu thing that gets brought up at the end of many articles that tries to make people (and given the general perceptions of stacking commonness, most people) into something other than humans feisting about and struggling on the face of the Earth in the beautiful way only humans can. Anyways, I don't like being safe too often, so maybe I don't have an instinct stacking

Edit: Also, I kind of feel compelled to modify the Hindu thing based on my understanding of the instincts and various metaphysical systems:

So/Sx - Heavenly + order-preserving: Devas
    Sx/So - Heavenly + order-altering: Asuras
    So/Sp - Earthly + order-altering: Humans
    Sp/So - Earthly + order-preserving: Animals
    Sx/Sp - Chthonic + order-preserving: Hungry ghosts
    Sp/Sx - Chthonic + order-altering: Hell

That seems archetypally much better to me, although it ruins the idea of So/Sx as the most favorable stacking for these people (I don't think any are more favorable really and I wouldn't idealize the socialite stacking anyhow, or relate it the most to the human condition in general). I know people are going to hate that I put what is generally considered the dictator stacking as being the most "human" but still...
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-30-2016 at 10:51 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    In evolution there is like, self preservation, being in a social safety net and procreation. And we tend to rely on one more than the other. But ya, how to identify them? Anyway I heard that you suppose to have a good match with someone of the same stackings.
    Interesting....so, sp is about a social safety net & procreation.

I do care about survival (which has made some people jump to sp-first for me), but not in terns of a social safety net or procreation. I guess caring about survival would be the case for everyone (whether or not they admit it), and how to go about it is what would make people "feel safe".

Indeed i have never resonated much with sp-first manifestations.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suz Most people care about all 3 to some extent but in a different order and that's the point. The last one you only care about to the extent it serves the other ones though, so Sp-last will probably legitimately not care about their survival if they have something that would make dying better than surviving, just like So-last doesn't have to be a hermit who never talks to anyone ever literally.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If you are sp first and living with your parents and have it good financially it is normal that you are like "i dont care about that" because you have nothing threatening your financial security and quality of life. It is when there is something really threatening our instinct that you notice it.

You keep being provided with good descriptions of the stackings, but you disregard them (maybe because you refuse to realise your actual true stacking) in favor for poor ones and then complain about the poor ones. Funny.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

There is a lot of stuff out there about instincts so you basically have to choose your poison(s).

A Study Of The Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes
    By Katherine Chernick Fauvre

Introduction
    This article presents some secondary findings in my ongoing quest for information as to how the Enneagram points define themselves by the three instinctual drives: Self-Preserving, Social and Sexual. For purposes of this study, I sent out questionnaires to the Enneagram community, and this article represents my initial findings on the patterns that emerged from the contributions received from the participants. In particular, this article will focus on how the Enneagram Types by Subtype perceived themselves and more specifically the Internalized Image vs the Externalized Image. For example, what the nine types wished to add to the study of Instinctual Subtypes from their own internal experience of type.

Various authors have used terms such as "instincts," "drives," "subtypes," "instinctual drives," "instinctual types," and "instinctual variants" to describe what I will refer to herein as "Instinctual Subtypes"; and as with the Enneagram types themselves, there are disparate views among the authors on the subject of Instinctual Subtypes. Surprisingly, however, to date very little material has been published on this subject.

Research suggests that the study of "instincts" and "drives" was part of Oscar Ichazo's early teachings of "Enneagons." In 1970, Dr. Claudio Naranjo and others underwent intensive training with Ichazo in Arica, Chile, including both the Enneagram and Instinctual Subtypes. In 1971-73, Naranjo formed the original SAT groups ("Seekers After Truth") in Berkeley, California, and began incorporating the Enneagram and Instinctual Subtypes into his own teachings. In 1996, after more than 20 years, Naranjo again taught the Enneagram in the United States in Boulder, Colorado, including an in depth look at his view of the Instinctual Subtypes.

Overview

It is my understanding that there are three instinctual drives or types -the Self-Preserving, the Social and the Sexual. Like the nine passions of the Enneagram points, the instinctual drives act as a force underlying our life strategies - often unconscious yet all-pervasive - and represent our most fundamental way of being. The three instinctual drives color the way we act, think, feel, and ultimately express ourselves. Each instinctual drive can manifest within each of the nine Enneagram types (in effect resulting in a total of 27 Instinctual Subtypes).

Ichazo teaches that "the instincts are defined . . . as three fundamental reactions of our organism in order to sustain life. The interconnection between them produces a corresponding triad in the higher psychological levels, and the sensing of these three organic systems appear as our basic psychological levels in the form of instinctual centers of attention, whose demands we cannot ignore because they immediately threaten our survival."

Naranjo teaches that " the instinctual type is one of three sub-personalities that is the "auxiliary passion." He suggests that outwardly the instinctual subtype can look positive, like a talent, or something of which one should be overly proud, but inwardly is a reflection of unhappiness with a price to be paid -, e.g., "the oyster is not too interested in the price of the pearls." He also teaches the origin and drive of each instinctual subtype: self-preservation arises in the belly and is associated with protection; social instinct arises in the tongue, and the desire to be appreciated; and sexual instinct is genital in origin and driven by sexuality, oedipal issues."

Palmer teaches that, "like the nine passions, the behaviors called 'Enneagram subtypes' act as a hidden focus of personality type. Once it is discovered through self-observation, the subtype focus of attention is revealed as a behavior that is motivated by instinct (for survival, social relating, and sexual relating) dominated by the passion of type. The subtypes name a mental preoccupation in which the energies of the physical body (instincts) and the emotional energies of the passions are joined. Because the subtype focus of attention is an ordinary behavior, I have found them to be crucial pivots in the transformation of the nine passions into their higher opposites."

Condon teaches, "The original formulation states that within each style there are three possible suborientations that people tend towards. The subtype is determined by whether you are unconsciously preoccupied with personal survival (self-preservation), whether you incline towards one-to-one relationships (intimate) or whether your style of relating includes a lot of people (social)."

Riso-Hudson teach that " people can be divided into these three instinctual types (which they refer to as "instinctual variants") "simply by knowing the definitions of these categories, and without knowing the Enneagram types of the individuals . . . The Instinctual types can exist as a separate typology, but can also be combined with the Enneagram types in ways that explain some of the variations we see in real people that cannot entirely be accounted for by wings or Levels of Development."

In theory, we are governed by all three instinctual drives, for they represent our most fundamental way of being, but one is generally more dominant and influential in our lives and defines the way in which we act out the passion of our Enneagram point.. If all three instinctual drives were in balance, we could function "perfectly" or "appropriately" to the needs of each situation. Nevertheless, such balance is rare, and usually one of these drives is "damaged" and commands an undue amount of our attention; and it is a person's most "damaged" instinctual drive that is overused and becomes dominant. The resulting imbalance distorts our perception of our essential needs, and we may find ourselves living large portions of our lives "in service" to this damaged drive.

Instinctual Subtypes

We strongly identify with one primary drive and with some secondary traits in another drive. On the occasion when two of the instinctual drives are equally dominant, it is noteworthy that the third drive is usually omitted. This perhaps still demonstrates the imbalanced use of the three very essential instinctual drives. The teaching of Instinctual Subtypes suggests that these fundamental instinctual drives need to be equally cared for and in balance in order to harness the energy needed to move toward transformation. The concept is that the energy expended in dealing with the instinctual drives' imbalance diminishes one's access to the energy necessary to move against fixation and toward transformation.

The instinctual drives appear to be not only instrumental in distinguishing the different styles of manifesting our Enneagram type behavior, but also perhaps the stronger, more unconscious, yet all-pervasive element of our personality type. The underlying influence of the dominant instinctual drive can be quite powerful. In fact, the instinctual drives of two people are more apt to determine successful relationships than their Enneagram points, for a shared instinctual drive would be a more likely supportive common denominator than a shared Enneagram type. The reason is that the instinctual drive is more indicative of our "animal nature," the one enabling us to survive, whereas our personality also includes our essence qualities that we define as "human nature." These two together create a partnership that we call the personality or "false self."

General Findings

It appears that the degree to which our instinctual drive's impulses control our lives is subject to the same kind of energy as our Enneagram point. For example, we can experience our drives and passions mildly or intensely; we can feel some sense of control or very little control at all; and in addition, we can either embrace our particular instinctual drive or act totally against it. It is important to note that whether embracing the drive as an asset or viewing it as a liability it is still ever present and influential.

More specifically, our dominant instinctual drive is, in actuality, our area of greatest weakness. Thus, when our sense of "survival" is threatened something has triggered whatever "button" happens to relate not only to our Enneagram point but, more important, also to our instinctual drive. The fixation then becomes even more severe as we take on the additional fears of the instinctual drive. The important factor here is that the triggering element of the fixation is the instinctual drive's issue. Nevertheless, the flavor will always be that of the Enneagram type, as the fixation and the drive are interactive, linked, and always related to the Enneagram type.

In the context of the "false self" or personality, it is the instinctual drive that supposedly protects the survival of the Enneagram point and is called to the front lines when in stress. However, since the dominant instinctual drive is actually one's "weak link," its entrance in times of stress may ultimately produce no "protection" at all to one's survival, and in fact may exacerbate the level of stress and ultimate fixation.

The real question is, how do we express anger, fear and desire? How do we experience illness and what types of illnesses do we have? How do we act when we're happy or sad? As an example, ask yourself how you like to spend your time. Do you tend to make sure your own needs are met and satisfied with the essentials of life (self-preservation)? Or does your attention go to being in the company of others and, if so, how many others, and/or do you need to be in service of others (social)? Or instead do you find that your ultimate expression of self is linked to the company of one significant other in an intimate and profound way, and that no matter where you are or what you are doing, you are always in search of that beloved special person (sexual)?

Conclusion

I found that the instinctual drives appear to be not only instrumental in distinguishing the different styles of manifesting our Enneagram type behavior, but also perhaps the stronger, more unconscious, yet all-pervasive element of our personality type. Our instinctual drives motivate us in the ongoing human struggle to create and sustain relationships, to aggressively seek what we need to survive, and to defend what we have and fear losing. Clearly, the journey toward wholeness might well include the conscious exploration of these relatively untraveled, instinctual roads, and thus ultimately lead to a more balanced and integrated awareness.

When pioneering any new area of study, there is always the possibility of controversy, risk, mistakes, misunderstanding, and misrepresentation, and this was no exception. With this study, I found that responses from each Enneagram point gave insights that deeply broadened my world view.

A special note of appreciation: As a student of many teachers and many teachings I wish to acknowledge the works of Ichazo, Naranjo, Speeth, Palmer, Daniels, Riso, Hudson, Hurley, Dobson, Condon, Wolinski, Jaxon-Bear, Rohr, Linden, Olson, Forster, O'Hanrahan, Dentai, Keyes, Becker, Spalding, Shane and the study participants)

Enneagram Instinctual Subtype and Pair Bonding

Interrelationship of Instinctual Drives

A noteworthy point of interest with respect to the Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes is that the dominant instinctual drive (self-preserving, social or sexual) will shift to the other two subtypes as needed to ensure its influential role in this trialectic instinctual system. The way in which the dominant subtype employs the other two appears to be very specific and predictable. The dominant drive maintains the role of the commander in chief and the other two are channeled through its lens. Generally, this is very primal and often unconscious. This is especially apparent with respect to the human drive to seek a mate and pair bonding, but applies to all areas of life. If a relationship displays conflicting instinctual needs the dominant drive perceives it as a threat to security and acts accordingly. Confusion about the manner in which the instinctual drives manifest to create and maintain a sense of security is often the root of misunderstandings. Such disturbances in the instinctual drive are often the catalyst for seeking counsel or therapy.

Self-preserving moves to Sexual For example, the self preserving subtype considers a mate as an essential need to maintain and insure security. Therefore, when in search of a mate the self-preserving subtype will feel anxiety and suspense until a mate is secured. In order to attract a mate, the self-preserving subtype will shift to their respective sexual instinctual drive to accommodate this fear. Outwardly the self-preserving subtype will behave like the sexual subtype, pay more attention to their desirability and will be sensual or flirtatious. At first, the self-preserving subtype will spend more time one on more with the possible mate. Once the mate is secured, the self-preserving subtype will return to basic routines that ideally would include the mate. An area of pain and disappointment for this subtype is when they have a mate that is unwilling to pay attention to issues of security and disrupt their need for inner calm.

Social moves to Self-PreservingThe social subtype will think in terms more indicative of the self-preserving subtype when selecting a mate. This is very important to insure the desired security that rank and social status can provide. The social subtype seeks a mate with a shared social vision and similar values. This is necessary to fulfill the desire for a mate that will join them in their activities. Therefore, a secure social position is essential. Much attention is paid to the potential mate?s connections, rank and ability to provide financial security. This subtype enjoys bringing others together, feeling that ?the more the merrier?. They are often adept at creating the center stage and often use their home for social events, gatherings and causes. At first the social subtype will spend more time one on one with the potential mate. Once the mate is in place, the social subtype will return to outside interests, groups and/or activities, ideally, this is with their mate. An area of pain and disappointment for this subtype is when they have a mate that is unwilling to pay attention to their need for people, activities, causes and unwilling to share their interest in others.

Sexual moves to Social The sexual subtype (one on one) will seek the greater world or social arena to find a desired mate. The sexual subtype is normally happy tucked away in a secluded setting with one significant other. However, when alone or in search of a mate, this subtype will behave much more like the social subtype. One must be with others to find ?the other?. Once the mate is selected, the social activity will be replaced by the dominant drive for time spent in union with the other one on one. At first the sexual subtype may spend time with the potential mate in the company of others. They become a pair even in groups. Then when the passion for deeper connection is ignited the sexual subtype will want to bond totally with their desired other. When the mate is determined, the sexual subtype will return to one on one style of relating. Ideally, this is intense time spent with the desired other or mate. An area of pain and disappointment for this subtype is when they have a mate that is unwilling to pay attention to their degree of connection and intimately share their deepest and innermost thoughts.

?1996 Katherine Chernick-Fauvre

http://www.enneagram.net/Instsub.html

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

How to Become More Self Aware <-- I know this might sound condescending but I am pretty sure you have said you don't have a lot of self awareness in one of your threads. If not disregard. Edit: Might not have been you since I just remembered someone else who posted around the same time but I will leave the link.

Check this thread too.

CLICK ME

and

The 27 subtypes

Each of the 27 subtypes reflects a certain theme. Review the nine descriptors in the columns below to get the flavor of each subtype. Click on the Enneagram type links to see the full subtype descriptions for each type. Then consider which would best describe your concerns, habits and preoccupations over the long run – self-preservation, social or one-to-one?

Self-preservation

Governs our needs for material supplies and security, including food, shelter, warmth and family relations

Type 1, the Perfectionist

Anxiety
    The Pioneer

Type 2, the Giver
    Privilege
    The Nurturer

Type 3, the Performer
    Security
    The Company Man/Woman

Type 4, the Romantic
    Dauntlessness
    The Creative Individualist

Type 5, the Observer
    Home
    The Castle Defender

Type 6, the Loyal Skeptic
    Warmth
    The Family Loyalist

Type 7, the Epicure
    Family
    The Gourmand

Type 8, the Protector
    Satisfactory Survival
    The Survivalist

Type 9, the Mediator
    Appetite
    The Collector

Social

Governs our needs for belonging and membership within the larger group and community

Inadaptability
    The Social Reformer

Type 2, the Giver
    Ambition
    The Ambassador

Type 3, the Performer
    Prestige
    The Politician

Type 4, the Romantic
    Shame/Honor
    The Critical Commentator

Type 5, the Observer
    Totem/Symbols
    The Professor

Duty
    The Social Guardian

Type 7, the Epicure
    Limitation/Sacrifice
    The Utopian Visionary

Type 8, the Protector
    Friendship/Social Causes
    The Group Leader/Gang Leader

Type 9, the Mediator
    Participation
    The Community Benefactor

One-to-one

Governs our sexuality, intimate relationships and close friendships, and the vitality of the life force within our bodies

Jealousy/Zealousness
    The Evangelist

Type 2, the Giver
    Seduction/Aggression
    The Lover

Type 3, the Performer
    Femininity/Masculinity
    The Movie Star

Type 4, the Romantic
    Competitiveness
    The Dramatic Person

Type 5, the Observer
    Confidentiality
    The Secret Agent

Strength or Beauty
    The Warrior

Type 7, the Epicure
    Suggestibility/Fascination
    The Adventurer

Type 8, the Protector
    Possession/Surrender
    The Commander

Type 9, the Mediator
    Union
    The Seeker

https://www.enneagramworldwide.com/instinctual-subtypes/

and
    Typewatch Instinct Ranges

sx/so

fireside sx/so - strong sx, weak soc and weaker sp. pulls from sp/sx shadow to intensify sx. exhibitionism, wild abandon, most 'on fire' of all stacks or stack ranges.

flirter sx/so - strong sx, moderate soc, weak sp. highly sociable and extroverted per type, flirtatious interaction style, more coy than firesiders but more risque than coolsiders.

coolside sx/so - strong sx, strong soc, weak sp. pulls from so/sp secondary, political activist streak, 'cooled' by soc with some intellectual reserve, channels sx into social causes.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your Ti-seeking is showing

So, you fail to type yourself correctly due to misunderstandings, as far as I get your point.

Please choose:

a) I can debunk the instinct myths you listed
    b) I can type you properly
    c) I can do both.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SisOfNight Thanks!

@Aylen You are certainly confused with someone else, to say the least. The fact that you give even more instinct stackings is nice though.

@Chae Oops! *tucks it back in*

c). I just like revealing how ridiculous Ghost's ideas are and how much of a troll she is to everyone else by pointing out the contradictions in what she says and the fact that she's just using enneagram to glamorize unhealthy behavior as if it had religious significance and nothing more.

I don't think I'm wrong on my typing, but if I have to be a 3 or 2 or whatever, I'll take it out of my profile so people won't look at me crosseyed instead of talking to me.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-31-2016 at 03:45 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Verbrannte I'd like you to mention what these contradictions are and exactly how I am glamorizing unhealthy behaviour. I don't really care about the last thing though. I'm not that moralistic. If you see the sx instinct as unhealthy and you can't relate then why do you insist on typing sx first? I don't get it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

Please choose:

a) I can debunk the instinct myths you listed
    b) I can type you properly
    c) I can do both.
    My stacking is C/A/B
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Thanks for what exactly? ^_^'
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    @SisOfNight Thanks!

@Aylen You are certainly confused with someone else, to say the least. The fact that you give even more instinct stackings is nice though.

@Chae Oops! *tucks it back in*

c). I just like revealing how ridiculous Ghost's ideas are and how much of a troll she is to everyone else by pointing out the contradictions in what she says and the fact that she's just using enneagram to glamorize unhealthy behavior as if it had religious significance and nothing more.

I don't think I'm wrong on my typing, but if I have to be a 3 or 2 or whatever, I'll take it out of my profile so people won't look at me crosseyed instead of talking to me.
    Oh my a personal feud? I'd rather type and inform her instead of you I guess

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    My stacking is C/A/B

Tell me more about your CAB stacking.