not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta Dreams

Okay, saw a thread for dreams in the Alpha forum, thought it might be fun to do the same in Delta.

So, what do you all dream about?

I don't dream much since having kids, being sleep-deprived, awoken 2-10 times per night. If I do dream, I don't remember much.

Some common themes, though, that have seemed to follow me through most of my life:

Being chased in a car by "bad guys." When I was very little, it was always me in the driver's seat with my siblings as passengers; once I learned to drive myself, the dreams changed from having me in the driver's seat to having one of my siblings (who did not know how to drive yet irl) behind the wheel. Always, it was a very scary experience, and whoever was behind the wheel had very little control over the vehicle.

Flying. I have done a lot of flying in my dreams. Sometimes it's flying high in the air, more smooth like Superman, and then other times it's more like jumping really far, floating in the air for a while before gently coming back down, and then bouncing back up and so on.

Often my dreams are so bizarre I could never explain them. Other times, my dreams seem so real, like I'm in a movie. These are the kinds of dreams that inspire many of my great novel ideas.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i hardly ever dream anymore. when i do, my dreams tend to be kind of mundane. like the last couple of dreams i remember were of having to use a nasty public bathroom and of being shown around an apartment building.

i used to have epic dreams a lot, where i was on some kind of journey. for years, every dream i ever had revolved around searching for something and never finding it. in the last one of those dreams i had, i found it. and i haven't had those dreams since. i don't know what was so special about what i found. it was just a ring. (lol i don't have marriage fantasies?) but it was an extremely cathartic and pretty amazing dream.

another dream that stands out is one i've talked about in another thread, where i met a boy and found out later that he could read my mind, and was mortified and apologetic about all my horrid thoughts and he told me i was still a good person. the only one where i woke up crying.

the other dreams that stand out are nightmares. i still remember the one i had when i was 14 that was just a montage of horrible images, the one i remember most clearly is a skinned human being lying in a bath of blood.

the scariest dream i've had lately was that i was in this stepford wives sort of community and every night i was held hostage and abused by my assigned husband. and one night it occurred to me that maybe it wasn't about me. maybe the abuse was a distraction. so i found a way to sneak out and found this laboratory where they were taking my son every night, along with the all the other children in the community, and plugging them into these machines and doing weird experiments on them. and this was the whole point of the community, and i felt so disgusted with myself for not figuring it out before and saving him. i grabbed him and ran, but they caught me. and then i woke up. :/

i've only had a flying dream once. it was awesome. i was sure i was going to fall, but i didn't. i was in a landscape of giant green hills, cliffs, and swirling colors. it was pure good sensation.

but yeah the only common theme that has run through my dreams is the searching thing, which is now over. and a lot of superego stuff, i guess.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NF dreams seem extremely more imaginative and amazing than my own. Mine are like documentaries : /

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the time i can't remember my dreams but when a dream sticks in my mind, i sort of feel like it means something.

Dream #1:
    For a while I had this recurring dream of me running down a very tall steep staircase as if something serious was about to happen, like trying to escape something. Sometimes the staircase was straight, sometimes spiral. I would eventually start bounding down the stairs skipping 2 steps at a time because i need to go faster, then i would skip more steps, then more. There was always a feeling of fear involved. It was weird, never quite figured out what that meant.

Dream #2:
    I posted this dream in the alpha thread, but i'll sort of reiterate it here: recently i had a weird weird dream in which I (and someone else) was to be taking care of a faceless baby in a rocking crib. I would constantly get distracted by all the stuff i had to do and suddenly remember the baby, and feel panicked that i totally neglected the baby. I would rush over thinking the baby might be dead by now, but every time, the baby was ok and I would breathe a huge sigh of relief. But then the cycle would repeat itself.

Dream #3:
    Lately i've been having nightmares of being late for work or forgetting to show up for a shift.

Dream #4:
    About a year and a half ago, I had a dream in which i was sitting on a bench with a guy in a public place. It was sort of cold so we had a blanket covering our legs (we were fully clothed). Then I got so embarrassed because I realized that our legs were all twisted around each others legs (just the legs), like vines. Embarrassed yet with a strange feeling of comfort. That's been my weirdest dream by far, and i've been really mystified by the meaning.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have really strange dreams. Sometimes they're wonderful. I've dreamt of flying several times as well, and those were always enjoyable. Once I dreamt that myself and everyone else that had the ability to fly met secretly in a grocery store. No one else was allowed to know, so we flew there. I had a race in the tomato can aisle. After that we just flew around above the aisles for a while.

I had another dream that I kept hundreds people hostage in a basement and killed a few periodically. My husband was having an affair though, and so once when I was going to kill two people I instead just talked to them because I was really lonely. They were scared shitless though expecting to die. I let them go back into the basement though. Then they all tried to escape, and got out of my house and starting running. Somehow I flew into the sky and pushed them all back in though. That part was like the Red Bull in the The Last Unicorn, but I doubt anyone has seen that.

They are usually just twisted situations involving crazy things and things in reality. Neither enjoyable nor uncomfortable, just extremely strange.

There is a reoccurring element in the few dreams I have that are torture for me. There's always some sort of sea creature in some sort of agony, and it scares me because I have some sort of deep connection with them. It's like whenever they are in pain, so am I. When I was younger I had several involving fish that were swimming in the air around me. It wasn't like the commercials that just take swimming fish and put them in the sky; they were drying up and struggling without water. I was looking everywhere to find water for them, but the harder I tried to save them, the faster the air was filled with some toxic gas and I gasped for air like the fish did.

One I had more recently was about a whale. It's pretty hard to explain, but something was trying to hurt the whale. I could find water for it to lay in and roll around, but it was too shallow to cover it fully. Not to mention it couldn't swim. Anyway, I'd have to leave the whale sometimes, but when I'd be gone from it I'd get various physical afflictions. They were extremely painful and terrifying, but the worst part about them was that I was connected physically to the whale. So if my stomach hurt, the whale was probably starving. It wasn't that I felt for the whale though. He still felt the hunger.

During the last part, I woke up (not literally, still in the dream) and had a hole in my head and skull. I could touch my brain through it if I wanted to. Of course, it hurt too much to consider that. I felt like my brain was exposed to everything around me, yet I knew I had to find/save the whale because someone was killing it. It was a depressing dream. I woke up (really this time) feeling like I had completely let the whale down. Like out of all humanity I was supposed to save him and I could not. Like I had lost someone very important to me.

I hope I explained that well enough. There's probably a decent amount of psychoanalysis that could happen from my dreams, but I'll leave my own speculations and connections out as this is already really long.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    the scariest dream i've had lately was that i was in this stepford wives sort of community and every night i was held hostage and abused by my assigned husband. and one night it occurred to me that maybe it wasn't about me. maybe the abuse was a distraction. so i found a way to sneak out and found this laboratory where they were taking my son every night, along with the all the other children in the community, and plugging them into these machines and doing weird experiments on them. and this was the whole point of the community, and i felt so disgusted with myself for not figuring it out before and saving him. i grabbed him and ran, but they caught me. and then i woke up. :/
    That is a freaking scary nightmare!! lol @ assigned husband though

I actually had sort of a similar dream but i was kidnapped as part of a harem in a muslim country. I was dressed in the burka type thing, but i actually felt safer in it and i was trying to plan my escape.

Oh i forgot to share this very recent scary dream i had. Basically i was with my mom and sister in some undisclosed location, and we were supposed to get something done outside (not clear what though). All of a sudden war broke out in the streets, but we really REALLY needed to do whatever it is we were supposed to do so we were braving the warfare. I think i woke up in a sweat from that one.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, during both of my pregnancies, as I got closer to delivering, I kept dreaming that I had given birth, but there was always something weird going on: like one time they wouldn't let me see the baby, or several times I dreamed I gave birth to a girl (even though I was having a boy irl) and I kept insisting that it wasn't really my baby. Maybe this means there is a girl in my future...

Anyone ever dreamed about getting hurt somehow, and then woke up feeling the pain from the dream? Like once I dreamed I was attacked by dogs and one of them bit me in the arm-- when I woke up, my arm actually felt like it had been bitten by a dog! It only lasted a few seconds, though.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Dream #2:
    I posted this dream in the alpha thread, but i'll sort of reiterate it here: recently i had a weird weird dream in which I (and someone else) was to be taking care of a faceless baby in a rocking crib. I would constantly get distracted by all the stuff i had to do and suddenly remember the baby, and feel panicked that i totally neglected the baby. I would rush over thinking the baby might be dead by now, but every time, the baby was ok and I would breathe a huge sigh of relief. But then the cycle would repeat itself.
    Maybe this is indicative of the IEE's tendency to get easily distracted from "old" projects in favor of something new...but then also feeling a strong sense of responsibility for certain things, and being worried about failing in something mundane but important (like a baby) as we are continually distracted by more exciting pursuits.

idk, just projecting some psychoanalysis lol
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely remember my dreams, at least not vividly, but feel the intensity of them nevertheless, like I'll wake-up scared and what not

One I do slightly remember happened about 2 weeks ago. It was set in my childhood neighborhood during a zombie apocalypse. I was walking through a grocery store and a bunch of zombies were in the cafe just mumbling around. I left and got in the passenger seat of someone I felt I trusted, and than her eyes turned zombie blue and she stabbed me with the zombie virus while I was trying to escape, than I woke-up confused

I also remember a recurring nightmare I had as a little kid that involved a shadow monster called "E" (for some reason) and during one dream I killed it with CornPops (don't ask, cause idk either) and I never dreamed of "E" again after that

Whenever I have a positive dream I wake-up right when something awesome is about to happen, I hate my subconscious
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For whatever reason my most remembered dream happened several years back, and it was because I discovered the concept of unconscious memory. It was about this blob monster bank robber, though the important bit of detail was that I distinctly remembered him from my past life in the dream and I became out of the blue refamiliarized with him, even though I've never seen him before in real life.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well whateva ya name is,

get ready for da Big Surprize

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember positive dreams that much. Negative dreams tend to focus around themes of disaster, chaos, confusion and fear that the fabric on my world is collapsing.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Maybe this is indicative of the IEE's tendency to get easily distracted from "old" projects in favor of something new...but then also feeling a strong sense of responsibility for certain things, and being worried about failing in something mundane but important (like a baby) as we are continually distracted by more exciting pursuits.

idk, just projecting some psychoanalysis lol
    yeah i think you're right actually. At the time i was starting to neglect myself again, not sleeping enough, wearing myself out. From researching this online, there were some sources that suggested the baby = me and that i need to care for myself a bit better and not let myself get so distracted by other things so as to neglect that.

I'm actually falling into that self-neglect again...awaiting a baby dream soon!! Except i'm going to be more diligent now, it's a new years resolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    NF dreams seem extremely more imaginative and amazing than my own. Mine are like documentaries : /
    HAH, that made me laugh.

I usually only have memorable, epic, lucid dreams when I'm allowed to sleep past the 8 hour mark.

Most of these dreams are about situations where there is some kind of extreme time pressure against me, while I'm simultaneously being chased down to within an inch of my life by some kind of lethal, terrifying enemy or event.

A recurring dream I've had since childhood is being chased by raptors through a small claustrophobic house or building where there is very little room and limited options for hiding places. Sometimes I watch in horror as the raptors manage to catch one of my friends or family members, and I can't do anything to help. These are usually extremely emotional dreams.

In a recent dream it was the end of the world, and massive mile-high tidal waves were sweeping through the city, but I managed to survive with a few people inside a tall glass skyscraper which was somehow watertight and invincible.

I guess it's a good sign that I always somehow survive these situations, right?

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My most frequently recurring dreams involve going back in time to high school or college. I become a bumbling idiot, because I can't find my locker, can't remember the combination, don't know my classes, and then can't find my classes after I figure out the room numbers. College dreams also involve me remembering that I signed up for a class that I haven't been attending at about mid-term time, and realizing that I can't drop this far in but I have no way of catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post
    In a recent dream it was the end of the world, and massive mile-high tidal waves were sweeping through the city, but I managed to survive with a few people inside a tall glass skyscraper which was somehow watertight and invincible.
    Whoa, I have these apocalypse tidal wave dreams a lot, too. I survive, but I go around trying to save the dying humans and animals. I once had the opposite of one of these dreams where the oceans drained, and all these dolphins were dying on the shores. I just held them and cried. That was one of the most awful dreams I've ever had.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    My most frequently recurring dreams involve going back in time to high school or college. I become a bumbling idiot, because I can't find my locker, can't remember the combination, don't know my classes, and then can't find my classes after I figure out the room numbers. College dreams also involve me remembering that I signed up for a class that I haven't been attending at about mid-term time, and realizing that I can't drop this far in but I have no way of catching up.
    Haha, me too. Those dreams are so stressful.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My favorite kind of dreams are the ones where I'm in physical danger.
    I hate dreams that I can't comprehend nor straighten out, like the one where I was at school with all the wrong classes.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, no one else has mentioned it yet, so I will first...Anyone else have recurring dreams of being naked? Like, not in a erotic way, just being out in public with little to nothing on, and looking down and realizing your situation and wondering, how did it happen?

And then trying desperately to keep yourself as covered as possible, with your arms, hands, legs...but there apparently isn't a single scrap of fabric to spare; and you worry that everyone must be staring at you, but everyone seems to be going about their own business, or talking/interacting with you, paying no attention whatsoever to the fact that you are naked.

This actually happened a lot more to me when I was younger, not so much lately. I think maybe I had a lot of insecurities before, that are mostly gone now.
    My life's work (haha):

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always have these dreams where I'm supposed to have prepared for something, like a play or a class presentation, and it's just about to start but I'm nowhere near prepared. After I wake up from a dream like that I have to kinda convince myself that everything I experienced was a dream and that I have nothing to worry about

I also have these weird romantic dreams from time to time where I'm just cuddling with someone. These people tend to be friends of mine who I'd consider myself close with but have had no real sexual attraction to them prior.

My nightmares tend to consist of seemingly banal things that my brain understands as signs of something scary about to happen. Like I was having an uncomfortable conversation with a friend of mine, but once I saw that cardboard cut-out of the Cookie Monster I knew that trouble was about to occur, so I made myself wake up.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i hear that the naked in public dreams are pretty common, but i've never had one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    My nightmares tend to consist of seemingly banal things that my brain understands as signs of something scary about to happen. Like I was having an uncomfortable conversation with a friend of mine, but once I saw that cardboard cut-out of the Cookie Monster I knew that trouble was about to occur, so I made myself wake up.
    lmfao

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dream of a better life. But let me rephrase that. I dream of a more fulfilling life, in which I won't be dreaming of a better life so much.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dreams range from mundane to on the strange side. I also may remember fragments of them. There is also mood music in my dreams, and I've had some musical-style dreams where I randomly burst into song. In my dreams, I also may say things that I would never say in the waking world. I have dreamed of fictional characters before, and there are also recurring locations in my dreams, such as the mall, and my grandparents house. There are a lot of dreams with pets and animals in them too. One reoccurring theme in my dreams has been the events of the book of Revelation.

Another reoccurring theme in my dreams is being late to important things and unprepared, and getting criticized for it.

One dream I had was my cat got loose in an arcade/Chuck E Cheese like place, and I was trying to catch her but it was nearly impossible, and she kept on darting away.

There are also reoccurring dreams about having runins with people who I'm avoiding/having conflict with/dreading to see. In some of the dreams, I continue running away. There have been other dreams where I'm more brutally honest and tell then what I think.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?