Thread: Deltas opinion of the current economy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deltas opinion of the current economy

Who is afraid of possible doom? Who is hopeful?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopeful of possible doom?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Same here.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Amen to that! Everything's going wrong, but I don't have a family to support. I'm up for a challenge.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe Is it because we value Ne? That was my attitude for the longest time, while everyone else was really freaking out.

I guess change can be refreshing and is important. But I keep hearing all of this doomsdays stuff and it's kinda freaking me out. Everyone else seems comfortable now with preparing for soup lines or something, and I'm like "huh? for real?"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    hehe Is it because we value Ne? That was my attitude for the longest time, while everyone else was really freaking out.

I guess change can be refreshing and is important. But I keep hearing all of this doomsdays stuff and it's kinda freaking me out. Everyone else seems comfortable now with preparing for soup lines or something, and I'm like "huh? for real?"
    Reminds me of Y2K.

Economy goes down in flames -> society gets rebuilt from the bare essentials. That's when shines.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recovery and the fear of inflation : The New Yorker
    Notes on This Week’s Column: Inflation Fears: The Balance Sheet : The New Yorker

To be sure, both deficit spending and the Fed’s recent measures could, in theory, create inflationary pressure. But they haven’t, because they’ve just gone to counteract the sharp decline in consumer and business activity. The government is borrowing more, but consumers and businesses are borrowing less. As for the money the Fed has been pumping through the banks, much of it hasn’t actually made it into the economy; banks are keeping hundreds of billions of dollars in reserves on hand. If the definition of inflation is too many dollars chasing too few goods, the too many dollars aren’t out there. In the real economy, meanwhile, worker productivity is tremendously high; wage growth is stagnant; and there’s still an enormous amount of slack—capacity that’s not being used and people who don’t have jobs. All of these things will put a lid on price pressures for some time to come.
    Then why are people afraid that inflation is about to get out of control? Because they’re always afraid that inflation is about to get out of control. Indeed, many of those arguing today that the Fed should place the threat of inflation front and center were saying the exact same thing last year—in the middle of a recession. To be fair, last year there actually was inflation, thanks mainly to skyrocketing commodity prices (notably, oil and food). But the core inflation rate remained relatively low, and throughout the spring and summer of 2008 the U.S. economy was losing hundreds of thousands of jobs a month, while consumers were cutting back on spending and banks on lending. Yet inflation hawks inside and outside the Fed insisted that inflation was as much a danger as recession, and called on the Fed to raise interest rates—generally not what you want to do when the economy is tanking. All this clamor had an effect: between April and October of 2008, while the recession deepened, the Fed failed to cut interest rates, and rumors about the possibility of interest-rate hikes made businesses more cautious and encouraged consumers to hunker down and hold on to their cash. And the Fed wasn’t even the worst offender in this regard—the European Central Bank raised interest rates in July, 2008, just as the world economic meltdown was beginning.

. . .
    This isn’t to say that cheap money is always good—it has a nasty habit, for one thing, of starting asset bubbles. So, as Ben Bernanke, the Fed chairman, told Congress in July, once the economy starts growing again the Fed will have to start pulling money back out. But, in any balancing of the current threats to the economy, the danger of stagnation trumps the danger of inflation. Even if we are on the brink of recovery, the last thing we need is for the Fed or the federal government to start embracing a tight-money policy. To do so would risk a reprise of 1937, when, with the economy bouncing back from the depths of the Great Depression, the Fed tightened monetary policy and the government raised taxes, provoking a disastrous downturn that lasted until the Second World War. The Fed does have to make sure that the economy doesn’t go careering off the road. But let’s wait until the car is actually moving forward before we worry about applying the brakes. ♦

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is afraid of possible doom? Who is hopeful?
    I'm not overly concerned. It's cyclical, and while this particular 'crisis' appears larger in extent, I'm sure I'll see a few more before I croak.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Amen to that! Everything's going wrong, but I don't have a family to support. I'm up for a challenge.
    This is how I feel.

It's cyclical, and while this particular 'crisis' appears larger in extent, I'm sure I'll see a few more before I croak.
    I am slightly worried things could fall through the floor to the point of no repair and whether or not economies are cyclic won't matter. So we would start cycling from poor ->really poor ->poor instead of rich->slightly less rich->rich.

But then again I am the kind of person who is amazed the US and UK have relatively peaceful political systems, never mind powerful economies.
    Last edited by leckysupport; 09-20-2009 at 02:43 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me guys, it's not good living in a country with bad economy. I honestly don't like the idea of embracing the challenge when it comes to this type of stuff .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I'm not overly concerned. It's cyclical, and while this particular 'crisis' appears larger in extent, I'm sure I'll see a few more before I croak.
    +1
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah some good points here.

At first I was annoyed by the initial news about the economy. Watching so many people freak out just seemed like a trend as catchy as snap bracelets.

Then, when that settled down and people relaxed into reasons it isn't that big of a deal, I actually became concerned.

The problem is we just don't know how it will turn out. It could end up shaking things up, really improving them in the long run. Or it could change things permanently for the worse.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Trust me guys, it's not good living in a country with bad economy. I honestly don't like the idea of embracing the challenge when it comes to this type of stuff .
    Yeah, you're right...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    I am slightly worried things could fall through the floor to the point of no repair and whether or not economies are cyclic won't matter. So we would start cycling from poor ->really poor ->poor instead of rich->slightly less rich->rich.
    I'm sure the possibility is there, though I'm not sure if there's any concrete evidence it's leading to that.

Canada, for example, is no longer in a recession.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the ENFP ladies are welcome to hide in my underground bunker when the **** goes down :wink:
    ISTP - SERIOUSLY, i dont give a ****

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    all the ENFP ladies are welcome to hide in my underground bunker when the **** goes down :wink:
    Nice. Will there be tasty canned food? I don't want to risk having only green beans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. Will there be tasty canned food? I don't want to risk having only green beans...
    So I guess yummy canned food (instead of diamonds) is a girls best friend? How do I know who is really ENFP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess yummy canned food (instead of diamonds) is a girls best friend? How do I know who is really ENFP?
    well above ground it might be different, but once the world is ending, totally. And you can never really know about the other ENFps. They would just eat all my canned food anyway...keep them out! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well above ground it might be different, but once the world is ending, totally. And you can never really know about the other ENFps. They would just eat all my canned food anyway...keep them out! lol
    hey there little enfp, over here!! you look hungry, got some nice little treats down in this hole.....lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the record, the 'ol box, stick, and cookie trick may not work on IEEs. You're gonna need a better mousetrap.
    IEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Just for the record, the 'ol box, stick, and cookie trick may not work on IEEs. You're gonna need a better mousetrap.
    its better than get in the F'in van....lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    It's true. We're not stupid!*

I wonder now, if evil kidnappers are ISTps. And hunters of cute animals like bunnies and deer (such as bambi). Someone please remind me why ISTps are my dual? ...

*Unless there are cupcakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kidnappers.......fo sho!!!!!

The Brutally Honest Personality Test

Criminal- ISTP

Rules? Hah! Who needs rules? They merely prevent you from doing your own thing, right? Down with the MAN!
    Wow. I wasn't aware that you had access to this website in prison. And if you're not behind bars, all signs say you're well on your way there in the near future.

You love taking risks. You love the adrenaline rush of extreme sports. You love taking action. Generally, anything that's idiotic, you're in. Wanna light yourself on fire and dive from a 500 metre high cliff into shark-infested waters? I'll write your name down.

However, you do need a lot of alone time because that's when you can finally sort things out in your mind most clearly.

If it wasn't for your analytical and logical skills, I'd vouch that you didn't have a brain at all. The fact that you do have a brain merely means that the likelihood of you being a criminal has just gone up.

Thankfully, you're most probably a good athlete, which will help when running away from the police. If not, prison doesn't seem too far away from you at all.

Just please... stay far away from me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh. Actually, I think ENFps on that web site were something equally horrible. Like televangelists or telemarketers or something like that. But seriously, some IEEs please remind me about why ISTps are fun??? I haven't met any cool ones in a really long time and am forgetting why it's suppose to work. ... sigh.

kidnappers.......fo sho!!!!!

The Brutally Honest Personality Test

Criminal- ISTP

Rules? Hah! Who needs rules? They merely prevent you from doing your own thing, right? Down with the MAN!
    Wow. I wasn't aware that you had access to this website in prison. And if you're not behind bars, all signs say you're well on your way there in the near future.

You love taking risks. You love the adrenaline rush of extreme sports. You love taking action. Generally, anything that's idiotic, you're in. Wanna light yourself on fire and dive from a 500 metre high cliff into shark-infested waters? I'll write your name down.

However, you do need a lot of alone time because that's when you can finally sort things out in your mind most clearly.

If it wasn't for your analytical and logical skills, I'd vouch that you didn't have a brain at all. The fact that you do have a brain merely means that the likelihood of you being a criminal has just gone up.

Thankfully, you're most probably a good athlete, which will help when running away from the police. If not, prison doesn't seem too far away from you at all.

Just please... stay far away from me.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh. Actually, I think ENFps on that web site were something equally horrible. Like televangelists or telemarketers or something like that. But seriously, some IEEs please remind me about why ISTps are fun??? I haven't met any cool ones in a really long time and am forgetting why it's suppose to work. ... sigh.
    They are cool in their own way. I've noticed that they really don't have the same socializing cap as I have, which I would think makes the difference larger when it comes to ENFps... Actually, I made a new friend here who is SLI and it seems like he's perfectly fine doing things by himself, like fixing a bike, staying in to watch movies on his computer, etc. He's in his own inner world, and that seems to be his comfortable state. I don't think they have a perception of how "cool" they might be, and how much people would enjoy their presence, which might be why they just internalize and do their own thing. I don't see IEE/SLI as a relationship about doing random and spontaneous things all the time. It's more of a homey thing, where each does things around the house, watch tv, etc. The gist of it happens at home, which is the most comfortable place for SLIs I would think.

Creepy-Cyclops

Maybe it is time to look for another type.

SLI's I know, they are typically boring and don't do much.

I don't know were all this talk of them being adventurous, risk takers and such comes from, as the ones I know are all home bodies who put a negative slant on doing anything which doesn't let them get to bed by a certain time at night.

Random example: My friend who is SLI, clever guy, has a doctorate in Chemistry - - - - however, it doesn't really stop the conversation from being boring or monotonous. I mean, he's a nice guy - and one of the good things is that I can talk about almost anything, but it's pretty much a neutrality of emotions. Another thing - for instance if it is a Friday night and we are out having a few beers - he will at some point just insist on going home - even if the company we are in is good, the conversation is flowing, he'll just go home. This is his Si "telling" him he's had enough to drink and that he should go home and get a proper nights sleep and such for overal balance - fair enough - however SEI's i've known and know would stay out and enjoy the aspects of the pleasant alcohol, pleasant company and surroundings, and be able to look after their health the next day. They're more concerned with enjoying and making Si fun.

SLI's just make it monotonous.

If the caregiver is like a parent, I want a fun one, not a boring old fuddy duddy one, but maybe that's just me.

Oh, i'm not IEE - I don't think anyway. I'm actually leaning towards an EP temperament for me and giving me ILE, although Pinochio seems to be considering IEE for me last I checked in with him (few days ago).

-------------------------------------------

Here is an example of the difference in the of SLI and SEI:

SEI's Si: focuses on individual details and components with a short distance from the starting point.

SLI's Si: focuses on general plans with a long distance from the starting point.

[This is basically the difference between + (SEI's) and - (SLI's) functions (you may have heard + and - being used in reference to Gulenko, Filatova and Model B)]

Which ......... means SEI's are better adept at using their Si to obtain more immediate pleasure and comfort directly from the outside world with those things that are immediately available.

The SLI's are better adept at using their Si to focus on the general peace and harmony in their world - as such, he is more resistant to outside territory which affects this focus on Si.

----------------------------------------

The example I gave of my SLI friend above fits quite nicely into these SLI and SEI defintions, quite pleasingly infact.

I would like to ask you, which one do you prefer? I prefer the SEI one myself - it's seems more "free" and adaptable to me.

Although, quite nicely in this example - maybe SLI's Si is better for moving into old age, and SEI's are better for "youthful" general enjoyment of life, but then, quite nicely too the Alphas are seen as young at heart, and the Deltas as old at heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are cool in their own way. I've noticed that they really don't have the same socializing cap as I have, which I would think makes the difference larger when it comes to ENFps... Actually, I made a new friend here who is SLI and it seems like he's perfectly fine doing things by himself, like fixing a bike, staying in to watch movies on his computer, etc. He's in his own inner world, and that seems to be his comfortable state. I don't think they have a perception of how "cool" they might be, and how much people would enjoy their presence, which might be why they just internalize and do their own thing. I don't see IEE/SLI as a relationship about doing random and spontaneous things all the time. It's more of a homey thing, where each does things around the house, watch tv, etc. The gist of it happens at home, which is the most comfortable place for SLIs I would think.
    thanks Sereno! Was just what I needed to hear . homey stuff is good!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclops, you're ENTp now??!!! What?? Or INTJ? Or ENFp? I am so completely confused now! That was a good description you wrote. I'm conflicted now. I mean, SEI is awesome too. The last guy I dated was SEI and I did like the random spontaneous fun aspect.

However, I don't always get their zany sense of humor. I also think he lied a lot (as I found out later -- not type related though).

hmm, I will have to consider these points you've brought up. Let us know when you decide your type. I would doubt you'd be ENTp though, because they have a sort of forceful quality that I dislike and I haven't seen that in your posts. I guess I could see INTJ though possibly.

My ISTp friend does stay out really late once she's drunk though. But if she's not drunk she will sometimes go home really early. Sigh, it's all so confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Maybe it is time to look for another type.

SLI's I know, they are typically boring and don't do much.

I don't know were all this talk of them being adventurous, risk takers and such comes from, as the ones I know are all home bodies who put a negative slant on doing anything which doesn't let them get to bed by a certain time at night.

Random example: My friend who is SLI, clever guy, has a doctorate in Chemistry - - - - however, it doesn't really stop the conversation from being boring or monotonous. I mean, he's a nice guy - and one of the good things is that I can talk about almost anything, but it's pretty much a neutrality of emotions. Another thing - for instance if it is a Friday night and we are out having a few beers - he will at some point just insist on going home - even if the company we are in is good, the conversation is flowing, he'll just go home. This is his Si "telling" him he's had enough to drink and that he should go home and get a proper nights sleep and such for overal balance - fair enough - however SEI's i've known and know would stay out and enjoy the aspects of the pleasant alcohol, pleasant company and surroundings, and be able to look after their health the next day. They're more concerned with enjoying and making Si fun.

SLI's just make it monotonous.

If the caregiver is like a parent, I want a fun one, not a boring old fuddy duddy one, but maybe that's just me.

Oh, i'm not IEE - I don't think anyway. I'm actually leaning towards an EP temperament for me and giving me ILE, although Pinochio seems to be considering IEE for me last I checked in with him (few days ago).

-------------------------------------------

Here is an example of the difference in the of SLI and SEI:

SEI's Si: focuses on individual details and components with a short distance from the starting point.

SLI's Si: focuses on general plans with a long distance from the starting point.

[This is basically the difference between + (SEI's) and - (SLI's) functions (you may have heard + and - being used in reference to Gulenko, Filatova and Model B)]

Which ......... means SEI's are better adept at using their Si to obtain more immediate pleasure and comfort directly from the outside world with those things that are immediately available.

The SLI's are better adept at using their Si to focus on the general peace and harmony in their world - as such, he is more resistant to outside territory which affects this focus on Si.

----------------------------------------

The example I gave of my SLI friend above fits quite nicely into these SLI and SEI defintions, quite pleasingly infact.

I would like to ask you, which one do you prefer? I prefer the SEI one myself - it's seems more "free" and adaptable to me.

Although, quite nicely in this example - maybe SLI's Si is better for moving into old age, and SEI's are better for "youthful" general enjoyment of life, but then, quite nicely too the Alphas are seen as young at heart, and the Deltas as old at heart.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    Cyclops, you're ENTp now??!!! What?? Or INTJ? Or ENFp
    I'm pretty sure of having Ne in the ego now, however I think I have a little too much energy and social abilility to be INTj, EP temperament sounds like me.

So I think i'm ENXp, heh

As to why ISTp doesn't fit me anymore...well, a few reasons, not least why would an ISTp care so much about theory and stuff, like this socionics crap ahahaha

Dunno about the forceful aspect of ENTp that you mention, I can be quite bossy when I put my mind to it lol, just wish people would listen to me when I do..............
    Last edited by Cyclops; 09-25-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh. some IEEs please remind me about why ISTps are fun??? I haven't met any cool ones in a really long time and am forgetting why it's suppose to work. ... sigh.
    Jewels. We are vinagar to your baking soda. Sure, I cut out on a parties early (how did you know!), but that's only because I'm not engaged and I feel that I have nothing to add. I want to get out of there before I'm found out! Where were you when your SLI left?

We have a wry sense of humor and much to add. We understand your quirks and laugh with you while others just stare. Why don't they get it? I don't know.

Who will come to your defense faster than an SLI?

If your SLI's are not delighting you, it's YOUR fault. We are mirrors to your soul. If you are up and going, we are at your side. We can even take charge in a party as long as we see you there too.

So don't be too hard on your SLI duals. If you find us boring, it's because you are not calling upon us to act. Bow, meet arrow.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sereno, You are always there man. Don't know how you do it, but you see through us.

Maybe the reason IEEs are our dual is because we lack what you give most freely. I'm still not sure what you get out of us.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Sereno! Was just what I needed to hear . homey stuff is good!
    No problem joyitas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Jewels. We are vinagar to your baking soda. Sure, I cut out on a parties early (how did you know!), but that's only because I'm not engaged and I feel that I have nothing to add. I want to get out of there before I'm found out! Where were you when your SLI left?

We have a wry sense of humor and much to add. We understand your quirks and laugh with you while others just stare. Why don't they get it? I don't know.

Who will come to your defense faster than an SLI?

If your SLI's are not delighting you, it's YOUR fault. We are mirrors to your soul. If you are up and going, we are at your side. We can even take charge in a party as long as we see you there too.

So don't be too hard on your SLI duals. If you find us boring, it's because you are not calling upon us to act. Bow, meet arrow.
    Interesting you mention this, because recently I've been wondering what it is about my jokes irl that ISTps seem to find really funny... I'm guessing it's Ne jokes? With this new friend he's always laughing at what I say, to the point that I've questioned his sanity a little bit. You guys seem to find aloofness funny too. Weirdos...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Sereno, You are always there man. Don't know how you do it, but you see through us.

Maybe the reason IEEs are our dual is because we lack what you give most freely. I'm still not sure what you get out of us.
    That's a good question. I look at it this way: introverts and extraverts are not in the same "plane." It takes an introvert to understand certain things about other introverts, and the same applies with extraverts. SLI friendship to me is unique, it feels like an equal footing. Though, the fact that my brother is SLI might contribute to the sibling-like feeling I have with SLIs in general. I couldn't say what it is exactly that I like about SLIs, it just "happens." It seems like my role sometimes is of the liaison between SLI and IEE in terms of "informational processing."