Thread: Advice needed

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Advice needed

So, I have a 10" fry pan and usually eat A LOT of greens so I need to get a new pan. I need a bigger one and I can't make a decision as to WHAT TO DO WHERE ARE THOSE Tes

Um...ok so I want to cook various things in this new pan, fried potatoes, fried zucchini blossoms, other fried foods and I need a new bigger pan for versatility; now there are various ones I'm eyeing all range to about 100 bucks.

Um...the reason why I can't decide is because I am not sure if I want to go for stainless or steel. I don't know if I want one that's deep or shallow. I don't know. I can't decide.

Here are my choices

de Buyer iron pan 12"
    All clad 13"
    Lodge 12" pan
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Does it have to be a frying pan? Why not get a George Foreman Grill (or similar) and grill your veggies (as well as meats, if you're not a vegetarian). Much healthier and tastier (the latter being just my opinion, ofc, as I don't like that greasy feel of fried food).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Does it have to be a frying pan? Why not get a George Foreman Grill (or similar) and grill your veggies (as well as meats, if you're not a vegetarian). Much healthier and tastier (the latter being just my opinion, ofc, as I don't like that greasy feel of fried food).
    Well, true but when you heat the pans up properly, you only need less than a table spoon of oil. I can't put collard and mustard greens on a george
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Well, true but when you heat the pans up properly, you only need less than a table spoon of oil.

Whatever makes you happy, in that case.

EDIT: Oh, I see you edited. Well yeah, collard greens might not work... tbh I can't see it making *that much* of a difference what type of pan you get. Just get what seems like it'd work for the most stuff. I rarely cook, though, so this is where my "advice" runs out. Good luck figuring it out

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Cook half-sized meals, save money on pans and food.
    I save money by taking the other portion to lunch.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I save money by taking the other portion to lunch.
    And by following my advice your savings is x8.