Thread: Idea of creating cool computer game from socionic

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Idea of creating cool computer game from socionic

I'll tell you about myself: I am a gamer. But in a few last years I caught a game in which I saw an interesting idea in advance of Socionics.
    Gemcraft
    Description
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GemCraft

You may play this game here:
    http://armorgames.com/play/3527/gemcraft-chapter-0

I personally like best version:
    Gemcraft Chapter zero
    Now the main thing: what it can give Socionics:
    The philosophy of the game is based on the use of Gemcraft 8 crystals, each of which has a certain property. I found close to correlations with information aspects.
    Namely:
    "Steal Mana" -
    "Critical hit" -
    "Chain-hit" - White ethics (such as: to strike the main monster and his colleagues nearest)
    "Shock" - (such as: find the weak links in the system functioning and cause damage to the monster)
    "Slow" -
    "Poison" -
    "Piercing armour " - (like, to form a potential threat to monsters)
    "Splash" -

But then I got the idea further: What if a little crack the code of the game and the stones - that is, to label their names "Socionic"
    A little to change the laws of the game, crystals - to shape socionic aspects.
    Also slightly change the background of the game: Original:
    You - like a magician, who had studied for many years at the academy of magic, after rummaging in the library - learned about the existence of the mysterious Crystal eternity. Manuscripts indicate that the necessary engines to the north, in order to find him through a dangerous area full of all evil ...
    Changed to:
    You - like a magician, who had studied for many years at the academy of magic, after rummaging in the library - learned about the existence of the wonderful science of Socionics - able to give happiness to its owner, but the knowledge are partial. Knowledge guarded secret in parts seven guards. And 8 (a collection of all aspects of IM) Guard - the greatest evil and Horror (when played enough in this game - I will tell you what properties it should have). It needs to win. Manuscripts indicate that the necessary engines to the north, in order to find him through a dangerous area full of all evil ...
    The most powerful crystal - combined from 8 colours of the crystals is called "Prizmatic" - a "tip", for every gamer that when he was in the structure their life decisions cover all aspects of the 8 information - it will have access to advanced solutions.

The game also has dual crystals - a combination of two crystals. - This is an allusion to the advantages in making the connection of dual thinking (well, this co-player). In the original: same traces advances dualization for example combine well: "to steal mana," and "chain hit" The result: a mana stealing not only from the selected monster and from nearest also. "Shock" with "splash" in the traps work well - allowing for a long time delay of several monsters. "Critical Strike" works quite well (just not combining crystals) with "Slowling" - for example if requred task is to destroy a giant monster. "Poison" and "reduce armor" - just do not interfere with each other: The poison of any cause damage regardless of armor, and "reduce armor" - a monster make vulnerable.
    There are also examples of unsuccessful combinations of aspects (antagonistic) (or crystals in the game):
    reducer armor is inefficient to put together a critical impact . It can be considered only separately.
    Poison is inefficient with slow : need to the monster had been poisoned - quickly passed, and after him went the other, with the new batch of poison. Slow - often provoke appearing clusters of monsters in result what - not everyone will get a portion.
    Splash , and "stealing mana" such a good work in the traps, but our version - should not give such a thing. It should be strictly: the 2 crystals not give interesting effects Dualizing. We should make sure that the performance was achieved only when the stones are presented separately and are separated by large distances.
    In general: it is necessary to process the game a bit so that everything that has a positive meaning socionic - were "certain bonuses"
    And where is traced socionic negative sense, "certain penalties"

And now: the game can give Socionics: Rating Game Gemkraft - 20 million hits - it's all different users 20 million times to play that game. If you would get at least 10% of these - it will be 2 million new people who are fascinated by socionics (!!!) And among them are:
    1) Duals for someone
    2) Interesting minds can bring new discoveries Socionics
    3) Sponsors
    4) Other interesting people.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a number of members including myself wrote some video game ideas using Socionics. I forgot what thread it was in, if anyone knows.

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me a link. I want to read this ideas

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AND STEAL THEM
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    AND STEAL THEM
    OK! You may do it yourself. When you make a program output - note me. I hope it would be worth to play.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Phoey. I hoped you were planning to make a Sim game were everybody had their own sociotypes.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Phoey. I hoped you were planning to make a Sim game were everybody had their own sociotypes.
    It will be that, but then they'll also have their own special powers and go on a quest. Everyone wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post
    Give me a link. I want to read this ideas
    I as to where know not. Might have to start from scratch.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um yea, try looking through all of them: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...earchid=944587. There are some ideas in a number of those threads, but might also be missing some.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oshit i thought there was like 3 at the most
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is, I swear to god, an article in the Institute's Personality Psychology and Mentology journal describing the design of a game based on socionics.

On an off-tangent, I once made a sprite file for Final Fantasy Legacy which flashed between IM element symbols depending on the attack used.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 08-10-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is it that every time someone makes up a socionics game they take the cookie-cutter route of an RPG design in which the functions correlate with abilities...

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychological ruts, my friend.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.