Thread: 2014 resolutions, bucket list, goals, etc.

Chronic Procrasturbator Nomenclature's Avatar
    TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2014 resolutions, bucket list, goals, etc.

Self-explanatory. What do you hope to experience or accomplish this year?

A few of you know that I'm a circus and fetish freak who has no shortage of things to try out and learn this is by no means complete but it's a place to start.

Btw I haven't been here in a while, and I don't know if there's already a thread like this. But I searched the forum for "2014" and no similar thread showed up.

SO HERE WE GO!

• Exciting shit
      • Death hoop (8-10 wicks lit simultaneously)
        • Bonus: eating fire off the smaller wicks

• Find out if my headache immunity extends to hangovers
      • Get my nipples tattooed already omg
        • And the infinite love heart + pentagon-based sacred geometry flower on my lower tummy

• Make gluten-free vegan cupcakes for all the frat brothers! Yay!

• Public sexy shit
      • Inverted suspension bondage
      • Flesh flame transfer, tongue transfer
      • Go to a Hellbound party
      • Burlesque dance at the Dirty Show
      • Work a night at a hostess club, just to try it
      • Fetish photo shoot with a girl
      • Pheromone party

• Private sexy shit
      • Lovey-dovey Tumblresque shoot (even if only with a self-timed phone camera) with a guy
      • Tie a strap-on rope harness on myself + pegging a dude! Yay!
      • Put together a fucking playlist... and actually fuck someone to it
        • Idk, sharing my music makes me feel really vulnerable

• Learn how to put on a cock ring (the not-super-stretchy ones make me nervous omg!)
      • Give a foot job
      • Go to the store and buy myself a suction cup base dildo already, ugh

• Acro
      • Oversplits + needle, chin-chin, penchée
      • Back kickover, one hand cartwheel
      • Chest stand without arms on ground, chest stand to standing upright

• Hoop
      • Tricks: no hand contact wobble; vertical flexed foot hooping; vortex pizza toss; continuous shoulder-to-shoulder pass
      • Flow: transitions with quadruples/quintuples; do more slow hooping (harder than it sounds)

• Voice
      • Stronger low notes; maybe down to the second octave
      • Passagio, especially head-to-whistle
      • Actually post a video of myself singing eventually

• Mundane shit
      • Gain 15 pounds, hopefully have thighs the same size as my waist
      • Set up an Amazon wish list for shit I can't afford
    Genghis Khunt, drippin' like twater.
    tumblr (nsfw)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have thighs the same size as my waist
    -seriously? why?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Here's an article I found on how to keep your New Year's resolutions: http://psychology.about.com/od/psych...esolutions.htm

I'm going to make it a goal to become (physically) healthier. This entails a real effort to quit smoking for good, change my diet and begin eating healthier, and to gradually introduce more physical activity into my lifestyle. My short-term goal by the summer is to increase muscle mass and improve tonality, with a specific focus on developing my upper body strength.

I'm considering making it a long-term goal to get a six pack.

Chronic Procrasturbator Nomenclature's Avatar
    TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    -seriously? why?
    I was half joking when I said that, thinking nobody would actually read it. But serious answer: my idea of attractiveness is different from yours.

My upper inner thigh (the part that touches below the gap) is 21 inches and the smallest part of my waist is 24 inches, and I just want bigger legs in general. Considering I mostly put fat on my legs IF I do gain weight (and THAT is the hard part), I think it is possible to at least narrow that difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Here's an article I found on how to keep your New Year's resolutions: http://psychology.about.com/od/psych...esolutions.htm
    I know that there's denotatively no difference, but I like the idea of a New Year "bucket list" more than a New Year "resolution" list because the latter tends to be rooted in the negative and sometimes guilt. A New Year's resolution implies to stop ____ or get rid of ___. A bucket list implies seeking out an experience and adding things.

I don't know. Maybe I'm pulling that out of my ass. To me, resolutions are ongoing goals. A bucket list is a one-off.
    Last edited by Nomenclature; 12-29-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Genghis Khunt, drippin' like twater.
    tumblr (nsfw)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to make it a goal to become (physically) healthier. This entails a real effort to quit smoking for good, change my diet and begin eating healthier, and to gradually introduce more physical activity into my lifestyle. My short-term goal by the summer is to increase muscle mass and improve tonality, with a specific focus on developing my upper body strength.

I'm considering making it a long-term goal to get a six pack.
    This is pretty much my goal that I started near the beginning of December, minus quitting smoking since I don't smoke. Mostly wanting to focus on being more physically fit but also trying to eat a bit healthier. I started using this site for the six pack and it's pretty good: http://hasfit.com/30-day-ripped-six-...plan-schedule/. Got youtube workout videos for everything and you can do it at your house which I like. I may move onto some of their other plans once I'm done with this one. Good luck man!
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    This is pretty much my goal that I started near the beginning of December, minus quitting smoking since I don't smoke. Mostly wanting to focus on being more physically fit but also trying to eat a bit healthier. I started using this site for the six pack and it's pretty good: http://hasfit.com/30-day-ripped-six-...plan-schedule/. Got youtube workout videos for everything and you can do it at your house which I like. I may move onto some of their other plans once I'm done with this one. Good luck man!
    Nice! My roommate is aspiring to become a personal trainer, and is already well into her own workout routines and has a balanced diet. I'm going to be mostly relying on her guidance and advice in developing my own routine and adjusting my eating habits.

I am as skeptical of "fad workouts" as I am of fad diets, though. I don't want to hurt myself and I'm going from a rather sedentary lifestyle (the most physical activity I get in a week comes from work) to suddenly going super active. So I'm setting for myself short-term, realistic goals with tangible results and easing myself into the routine. My other problem is I'm lazy as shit so I have to constantly find ways of motivating and rewarding myself to get active and stay active.

I don't think it's possible to get a 6 pack in 30 days, that seems really extreme. I mean some people can get a 6 pack way easier than others, and so there is no real set limit on how long it takes to get a 6 pack, but that doesn't seem realistic at all, lol. Still, if it's working for you and getting you off your ass, then more power to you!

Good luck, man.
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 12-29-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, op's list makes my life seem completely boring!!

Getting more healthy; quiting smoking, better diet. No work out mind you, that is tiring!

career/education: finish thesis, get more financial stability

making a few new friends

drivers license?

taking dating seriously

-become a no BS bitch

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wellp. my list is much tamer than that one.

- get all my shit ready for next semester (book, notebooks, start studying everything from previous semester because..time's ticking away and my winter break is almost to an end).
    -pass with high scores without becoming severely sleep-deprived
    -figure out how to stick to and manage my time better

everything else I kind of play by ear; I feel like my really reckless escapades are behind me. I'm getting too old for that.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    I was half joking when I said that, thinking nobody would actually read it. But serious answer: my idea of attractiveness is different from yours.

My upper inner thigh (the part that touches below the gap) is 21 inches and the smallest part of my waist is 24 inches, and I just want bigger legs in general. Considering I mostly put fat on my legs IF I do gain weight (and THAT is the hard part), I think it is possible to at least narrow that difference.
    This is what came to mind when you said "thighs as big as waist":

So yeah, different idea of attractive fo' sho. Doesn't sound like that's what you're going for though.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^mmmmm. hot.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! My roommate is aspiring to become a personal trainer, and is already well into her own workout routines and has a balanced diet. I'm going to be mostly relying on her guidance and advice in developing my own routine and adjusting my eating habits.

I am as skeptical of "fad workouts" as I am of fad diets, though. I don't want to hurt myself and I'm going from a rather sedentary lifestyle (the most physical activity I get in a week comes from work) to suddenly going super active. So I'm setting for myself short-term, realistic goals with tangible results and easing myself into the routine. My other problem is I'm lazy as shit so I have to constantly find ways of motivating and rewarding myself to get active and stay active.

I don't think it's possible to get a 6 pack in 30 days, that seems really extreme. I mean some people can get a 6 pack way easier than others, and so there is no real set limit on how long it takes to get a 6 pack, but that doesn't seem realistic at all, lol. Still, if it's working for you and getting you off your ass, then more power to you!

Good luck, man.
    Sweet. You've got your own personal trainer right there. That's pretty convenient. The site has a 30 days to get fit if your interested too lol. I'm only trying to "sell it" because it is going pretty well for me. I don't think you can really get a good looking six pack in 30 days either unless you are genetically gifted, and I think the site would admit that. I can however say I am in week 4 and see pretty significant changes and I'm thinking that maybe 2 months might be the time it takes me to get a full on six pack for me. Anyway, whatever works for ya.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't make resolutions and bucket lists because I don't need to motivate myself into a direction of change. I do the things that need to get done as I realize them. If there are financial restrictions, I'll work on that area one day at a time. I feel that every day is a day to be fully embraced.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESE-Fe
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-maintain 4.0 gpa
    -get a job, make some money, and acquire a few new skills
    -get perfect (or near) scores on the SAT and 3 SAT subject tests
    -gets 5s on AP tests
    -win at least 3 art competitions
    -win at least 1 essay contest
    -be fabulous and ethical
    6w7-2w3-1w2 so/sx

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Continue to quit smoking, learn to sing properly and get my guitar skills up so I can frontman my band-to-be properly.

Everything else good will come about naturally as a result of my choices, so I don't need to set goals for the most part.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My resolution is to clear my browser history, empty my virtual garbage, maybe organize a few computer things.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

- get back into a daily qigong and writing routine
    - keep myself on track for a first in my degree
    - start making clothes again with a view to expanding this into a secondary source of income
    - stop "forgetting" to try get stuff published (/prioritize my own creative success more highly)
    - prepare for motherhood in 2015
    - learn to be more accepting of help when it's offered
    - enjoy downtime instead of feeling guilty about it
    - slow down and simplify

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- prepare for motherhood in 2015
    - slow down and simplify
    LOL

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    My resolution is to clear my browser history, empty my virtual garbage, maybe organize a few computer things.
    that ain't no resolution...you can do it in five minutes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    that ain't no resolution...you can do it in five minutes.
    I'll do it again. That'll double the time spent.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'll do it again. That'll double the time spent.
    it's still not a resolution....there's nothing hard about it. .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    it's still not a resolution....there's nothing hard about it. .
    It is very much a resolution. I could resolve to trim my toenails tomorrow, and that would be a resolution.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is very much a resolution. I could resolve to trim my toenails tomorrow, and that would be a resolution.
    wrong.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Be a little happier than in 2013. It looks promising.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, there are many things ... none that i can articulate right now though. It's 4.34am for me and all i can put on my list is sleep. I am hoping the next few weeks will not be too tough.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm brewing beer throughout the year 2014 and trying not to buy any from the stores. The most destructive part in my ethanol habit has always been a monetary one. I'm also thinking about designing and producing some labels for them to honor a loved friend who died the 28th of December.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this gluten bullshit? Gluten has been a cornerstone of the human diet since the dawn of agriculture and suddenly everyone coeliac disease.

I'm glad Mexicans don't really buy into this shit. Just reading about the craze among Murkans makes my head hurt. I'm allergic to stupid.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    What is this gluten bullshit? Gluten has been a cornerstone of the human diet since the dawn of agriculture and suddenly everyone coeliac disease.
    A bunch of people got the idea that "gluten free" is somehow healthier or more nutritious than foods containing gluten. But like most fads, it's a bunch of bullshit (unless you really are one of those people that can't properly digest gluten).