Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goddamnit I have Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Goddamnit I have Ni

I know I do. I don't just value it. I have it. It's better than my Se for god's sake. I also know I have Ti, because it clashes with my mother's and best friend's IEEness.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I know I do. I don't just value it. I have it. It's better than my Se for god's sake. I also know I have Ti, because it clashes with my mother's and best friend's IEEness.
    If you have Ni, then I'm the agressive Se type!

Sometimes it amazes me how you can say amazingly stupid things. First UDP is LSI and now you have Ni. I'm not sure I want to know what's next.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Cyclops

Ezra, I've said this to you before, and at the risk of giving you yet more types 'thrown' in your direction, I still think you should consider ENTj or ENFj especially ENFj. Sorry Kristiina if somehow you don't want me to say this but I think yourself and Ezra seem quite similar in your postings, but thats not the only reason i'd lean towards ENTj but especially ENFj.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I do. I don't just value it. I have it. It's better than my Se for god's sake.
    Pull yourself together and realize that you are a LIE. This self-typing charade of yours has become ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I also know I have Ti, because it clashes with my mother's and best friend's IEEness.
    Of course it does. You clash with IEEs because they are less logical and less scientific than you are. I also clash with them, but the explanation is not that we are Ti ego types.
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 04-08-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    If you have Ni, then I'm the agressive Se type!

Sometimes it amazes me how you can say amazingly stupid things. First UDP is LSI and now you have Ni. I'm not sure I want to know what's next.
    Argue with others about the typing of UDP; not me. I originally thought UDP wasn't an LSI; it's only recently that people have made me think it might be a possibility. Kristiina, you don't know me, so you don't know I have Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Ezra, I've said this to you before, and at the risk of giving you yet more types 'thrown' in your direction, I still think you should consider ENTj or ENFj especially ENFj. Sorry Kristiina if somehow you don't want me to say this but I think yourself and Ezra seem quite similar in your postings, but thats not the only reason i'd lean towards ENTj but especially ENFj.
    Seriously, this is nothing new. People have come up with Ni creative for me since I got here. But they saw Beta Extravert. At first it was EIE, then they thought SLE because of my apparently good Se. I've always seen LIE as a possibility, but no one has ever considered it until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Pull yourself together and realize that you are a LIE. This self-typing charade of yours has become ridiculous.
    Yeah, but how do you know this?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I must be good with Ni; I had a premonition a few months ago.

In my dream, McDonald's was getting really shitty business; it was on the verge of shutting down. Then a month later, the exact same McDonald's I walked into in my hometown, Macclesfield, shut down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my dream, McDonald's was getting really shitty business; it was on the verge of shutting down. Then a month later, the exact same McDonald's I walked into in my hometown, Macclesfield, shut down.
    Well, I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO!!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No joke, that actually happened.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone stopping you from saying you're LIE, Ezra?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... LIE could could I guess. And I could maybe see him as a straight counterpart to BulletandDoves and male counterpart to Kristiina when she was still sane.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't sure if Ezra was being humorous... I mean it happened... but it is kind of funny...

Like I could say, I kicked someone's ass yesterday! I *know* I have Se. It isn't just valued, it's STRONG!

I'm sorry, I'm in a terrible mood of making fun of everything today.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what type Ezra is, but at this point I don't think LIE should necessarily be ruled out.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I wasn't sure if Ezra was being humorous... I mean it happened... but it is kind of funny...

Like I could say, I kicked someone's ass yesterday! I *know* I have Se. It isn't just valued, it's STRONG!

I'm sorry, I'm in a terrible mood of making fun of everything today.
    you're in a bad mood? I was just thinking I might say something like that, only I would say that in a good mood...
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't know what type Ezra is, but at this point I don't think LIE should necessarily be ruled out.
    I agree.

I could more easily see LIE than EIE.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're in a bad mood? I was just thinking I might say something like that, only I would say that in a good mood...
    No, I'm in a good mood. I meant by "terrible" that I'm making fun of everything today so far... and well, it can sometimes be misinterpreted if I'm not careful.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    @baby: I have some ideas about that -- Possibly Ezra is an ISTj. I would bet somebody in the process of developing their creative function typically comes across as more compensatory and annoying than someone with that same function already secure as their base. It's been noted we almost take our base functions for granted.

Also I notice similarities between machintruc, myself, and Ezra in our use of lists, spreadsheets, and other concise generalizations and correlations when studying typologies (you haven't seen as many of mine -- but i have lots -- on my hard drive and in my head, so to speak. i just can't be bothered to post them all because i have better things to do than justify all my reasoning to other people whose advice i don't entirely trust anyway. )

but basically i think the above is some combination of alpha and beta accepting Ti -- hypothesizing systems, although concisely and quickly enough for some personal implementation. ISTj-Se's in comparison would shy away from any hypothesizing (suppose they resemble gamma more than alpha). ISTj-Se implementation instead might be guided more by sensing and feeling (hence the more earthy and visceral characteristics of that subtype that i am rather afraid of posessing myself!)

also notice that typology correlations are static generalizations of people overall, as oppsed to any sort of dynamic understanding of a specific emotional (or factual) environment (as one evolves.)

and to be clear, i was only comparing Ezra to my ESTp acquaintance with respect to Ni super-id. indeed, my acquaintance is much less "hardassy" (and more into bragging about how he can influence other people and get any woman he wants. -- secure Se + annoying Fe HA in his case?)
    Yeah, this is why I had thought he might a rational type before. I know a lot of ISTjs who clumsily overemphasize their creative function and it definitely stikes me as annoying and overbearing.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    and I actually wanna comment this too. I would be fairly ok with seeing Ezra as an EIE. That would be a lot more acceptable than LSI UDP. Ezra is easily Beta and I remember I initially typed him as LSI and I don't accept anyone as my duals. It's easier to accept people as my identical.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra, correct me if I'm wrong, but I happen believe that you have a great respect for facts and empirical evidence. The indications for you being a LIE are many and they are strong, but the most striking empirical evidence for LIE is to be found in your signature. Take a close look at it, and think seriously about the information that is actually there in plain view for everyone to see, and what it actually means. Test results usually tell us something, and in your case they all point in the exact same direction.
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 04-08-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Ezra, correct me if I'm wrong, but I happen believe that you have a great respect for facts and empirical evidence. The indications for you being a LIE are many and they are strong, but the most striking empirical evidence for LIE is to be found in your signature. Take a close look at it, and think seriously about the information that is actually there in plain view for everyone to see and what is actually means. Test results usually tell us something, and in your case they all point in the exact same direction.
    I saw from distance that Phaedrus had posted and my heart skipped a beat and I automatically thought, "NOOOOOooooo... Another thread gone and ruined." And no disappointment, Phaedrus actually asks for, "facts and empirical evidence". That's it! Off to the ignore list you go, Phaedrus. Sorry. Maybe sometime I'll check up if things have changed, and I'll remove you from the list.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw from distance that Phaedrus had posted and my heart skipped a beat and I automatically thought, "NOOOOOooooo... Another thread gone and ruined." And no disappointment, Phaedrus actually asks for, "facts and empirical evidence". That's it! Off to the ignore list you go, Phaedrus. Sorry. Maybe sometime I'll check up if things have changed, and I'll remove you from the list.
    As everyone can see for themselves here, it is actually you that is trying to ruin a serious discussion. The attitude you are showing here is totally unscientific. An irrational reaction from an F type -- well, that's almost suspected, but it doesn't excuse your behaviour. And it certainly doesn't help Ezra to get a better understanding of his correct type.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think irrational behavior is exclusive to "F types", and there are certainly "F types" who are not irrational.

And I wouldn't call her response to you irrational... it certainly wasn't constructive, but "irrational" probably isn't the best word to describe it. Perhaps off-topic? Perhaps comical? (It actually made me chuckle, even though I generally dislike it when people say that sort of thing. Not sure why.)

Anyways... this is Ezra's like 50th type thread... not that that's a bad thing... but I don't think it's going to make a difference to his idea of what his type is if it gets derailed.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(It actually made me chuckle, even though I generally dislike it when people say that sort of thing. Not sure why.)
    General dislike of stereotypes?
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess because it was intended to sound mean but it just sounded fluffy instead.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. sorry, I see what you mean now. I thought you meant you weren't sure why you generally dislike it when people say stuff like that. Never mind me.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, I very rarely do read your posts (to see if things have changed), mostly when I have reason to think you're commenting something I said... If I want to sound mean, I sure as hell succeed at sounding mean. But it's art to sound "fluffy" when I'm actually saying something mean.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think irrational behavior is exclusive to "F types", and there are certainly "F types" who are not irrational.
    Of course. Just because Kristiina's reaction was irrational and unscientific in this particular case it doesn't mean that every F type reacts like that in every situation, and it doesn't mean that only F types can react irrationally. But it was obvious in this particular case that it was an F type who reacted in the way she did, because a T type wouldn't have expressed him- or herself in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    And I wouldn't call her response to you irrational... it certainly wasn't constructive, but "irrational" probably isn't the best word to describe it. Perhaps off-topic? Perhaps comical? (It actually made me chuckle, even though I generally dislike it when people say that sort of thing. Not sure why.)
    I don't want to debate wordings. We could call it something else than "irrational" if you want. It was of course off-topic, and more importantly it was irrelevant. And I would still insist on calling it unscientific, because that is exactly what it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good job, Daniel-queer. You are honing your gay man intuition. Next you'll be able to astral project (I can do this), levitate (yep) and throw fireballs. (Not yet, offensive powers are saved for those that truly, truly deserve them because they are so kick ass and non-emo.)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Ezra, if you're in any way serious, are you talking about being in a non-Ni-valuing quadra then and being an intuitive type?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, I very rarely do read your posts (to see if things have changed), mostly when I have reason to think you're commenting something I said... If I want to sound mean, I sure as hell succeed at sounding mean. But it's art to sound "fluffy" when I'm actually saying something mean.
    Yeah, I worded what I said poorly. I didn't mean to make it sound like you wanted it to sound harsh and it didn't. I meant that what you were saying was mean, yet you said it in a comical, "fluffy" way. Made it more palatable.

You're right though, that is an art.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    I probably should stop saying this, but alot of the examples Ezra gives about himself are similar to what my ESTp would say about himself.
    IM IN UR HUZBEND

CONTROLN HIZ MINDZ

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    that hypothetical is probably flawed, but i think it's closer to Gamma Ni than the Ezra quote. Ezra you sound a lot like an ESTp aquantence of mine who thinks he's some sort of gifted expert at holistic self-development and has seemingly unshakable faith in the multilevel marketing team he's slacking off in class to formulate...
    I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The McDonald's incident was a joke. The thread is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I can't really say Ezra reminds me of anyone that I know in person. I can't imagine anyone I know saying the things he says/acting the way he does on the forum. He just seems kind of needlessly combative/self-aggrandizing sometimes which might make people think he's Se, but none of the other SLEs who've dropped in on the forum since I've been here have been like that (which the exception of Gilly who I don't believe thinks he's SLE anymore anyway). In person, the SLEs I know who tend to do this are much more prone to laugh at themselves. When Ezra tries to do this, it seems forced like I get the feeling he takes himself very seriously. More seriously than makes me comfortable.
    A couple of points. You're not the first to comment on my "needlessly combative" stance. My father has noticed this too, as has my mother. They believe I am too aggressive in not just debate, but when I get worked up about things. However, this forum is the only place on which I get accused of self-aggrandisement. I get called arrogant, stubborn, close-minded, selfish, but never self-aggrandising. I'm confident enough in life to not need to be this, and I guess people in life also recognise it.

That's probably the biggest thing keeping me from seeing SLE, really. The ones I know in person know how ridiculous things like "assertiveness", "domination" and "hardassery" are. They make fun of it in others as well as themselves. That's the only way IEIs would be comfortable being around them to begin with.
    Then I cannot be an SLE. People are extremely turned off by this attitude I have.

and I actually wanna comment this too. I would be fairly ok with seeing Ezra as an EIE. That would be a lot more acceptable than LSI UDP. Ezra is easily Beta and I remember I initially typed him as LSI and I don't accept anyone as my duals. It's easier to accept people as my identical.
    Poor argument.

Anyways... this is Ezra's like 50th type thread... not that that's a bad thing... but I don't think it's going to make a difference to his idea of what his type is if it gets derailed.
    You forget, Joy, that I'm constantly learning.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    So Ezra, if you're in any way serious, are you talking about being in a non-Ni-valuing quadra then and being an intuitive type?
    No, Ni valuing. I can tell you that I am certainly Ni/Se valuing. I'd find it very difficult to see myself as an Alpha or Delta. But the reason I doubt the so long rooted Fe/Ti is because I'm observing people on here who use Fe, and people in real life who use Fe, and I'm just thinking, "no, I am not like this; this is not my nature; it's not what I'm comfortable with".

Creepy-Cyclops

Ezra, why do you think you are Se valueing?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, Ni valuing. I can tell you that I am certainly Ni/Se valuing. I'd find it very difficult to see myself as an Alpha or Delta. But the reason I doubt the so long rooted Fe/Ti is because I'm observing people on here who use Fe, and people in real life who use Fe, and I'm just thinking, "no, I am not like this; this is not my nature; it's not what I'm comfortable with".
    Ah, my bad. In the OP you were talking about not valuing something and I figured you were talking about Ni and/or in the valued/devalued kind of terminology.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I actually agree with Baby's comment that "real" SLEs laugh at themselves. They are (IME) a lot more playful and stuff than outwardly/overtly aggressive/domineering.

It's sort of like they KNOW they COULD be and they have the power to be, but they don't feel the necessity to like... flaunt that everywhere they go. I think that is actually the hallmark of a Base/Primary Function - you have it, and it's so strong & natural for you to use, but you don't and would not want to piss others off with it by using it in a stereotypical fashion or over-exaggerate it.

This is what I think Ezra does with or just what we all PERCEIVE him to be doing.

hidden agenda fits this perfectly. I do think he could definitely be an LIE.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh & also -- Ezra and I are definitely in the same quadra .. I know that for sure, but just not sure if we're Beta or Gamma!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

However, this forum is the only place on which I get accused of self-aggrandisement. I get called arrogant, stubborn, close-minded, selfish, but never self-aggrandising.
    You ever notice that you draw so much attention to what people perceive you as, that you let your identity be based on other's supposed opinions of you? You secretly think it's a strength that a few people call you these things- and you glorify your own ego by repeating the names people call you. It's like your own way of re-claiming the word '******.'

Point blank: I see you calling YOURSELF those things about 100 times more than I see other people calling you those things.

I'm just saying, you're not very tough or combative to me. You are more good-natured and frat boy-ish which is why I like you (in a friend way so get over yourself if you go there). God what is up with me and the phrase 'good-natured' lately. I use it way too much. Anyways I just don't get why you always talk about aggression, and being combative when you're pretty easy-going and all. Why the hell do you think you have to act like some cliched male-ass all the time? I hate guys that act like that. If you really WERE tough, I wouldn't even approach you in the first place. So yes, I see your 'real life' self more....and I know what you're doing here is just male bravado because you're bored and curious like most everybody else.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I sorta think LIE is most likely. Not really sure though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's reasonable that you might have Ni.

but if this is Ni, i'm not even sure i have it. my mom has dreams/premonitions like this, though.

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think it's reasonable that you might have Ni.

but if this is Ni, i'm not even sure i have it. my mom has dreams/premonitions like this, though.
    I think Ezra was joking. Ni isn't a mystical force of prophecising future events , it can be quite good at seeing possible outcomes though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast