TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finally jumping in.

Hi 16 types forum.

I have been reading this webiste and the posts for years. I got into socionics about four years ago, and have subsequently read every single little shred of information pretaining to this grand theory, in both english and russian (machine translated of course). I have also read all of your guy's posts - spanning the years. So no more crepping in the bleachers while every one else dances......

Now, I have had the intial love affair with duality, the intertypes realtions ect....as well as the inevitable falling out with these ideas as well. I have reached a very humble place in regards to typing people...in this I now firmly beleive that one must always return to the iinformation elements. The human personlity is infinetly complex, but ulitmatly it evolved as a tool to create the individual, and help that individual survive in a social group.

Having said this. There is always the possibility that there is no-self, that the so called personality is a illusion of the brain. One day I will elaborate more.

I had a incredibly rocky upbringing, full of much sadness and confusion. This has effected my personlity like nothing else. But in the end I know in my heart I use Fi as a base, and am Ne creative. I am a rational person.

So, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to participate in the discussion. Please feel free to adress me as Wacey.

Thank-you for supporting us "new" people.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

welcome, wacey (:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your question?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WaceysShoulder View Post
    What's your question?
    You sound like a buddhist.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello, and welcome! :waves:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No answer, as usual. Lurk for three million years more.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Greetin's.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi. Are you my dual?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    No answer, as usual. Lurk for three million years more.
    You sound like a buddhist.
    Technically, 'You sound like a buddhist' isn't a question, it's a declarative statement. And 'buddhist' should be capitalized. C'mon, I thought you were LSE, Absurd. Get on your grammar.

Welcome Wacey! I'd rather be talking with the shoulder than talking to the hand.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Technically, 'You sound like a buddhist' isn't a question, it's a declarative statement. And 'buddhist' should be capitalized. C'mon, I thought you were LSE, Absurd. Get on your grammar.

Welcome Wacey! I'd rather be talking with the shoulder than talking to the hand.
    You should be capitalised and put to death after you little fuck. I do not want cHRSITIANS, cATHOLICS and bUDDSHISTS, that is you, to tell me what to do. I do not bow down to no man, especially a Mountain Dew.

Having said that you can challenge me anytime to discuss religion stuff, you won't make it alive, that I promise you.

As for "oh no, you made a declarative statement, you can't be XXXx", learn to read what you're reading.

Creepy-Snaps

You should be capitalised and put to death after you little fuck. I do not want cHRSITIANS, cATHOLICS and bUDDSHISTS, that is you, to tell me what to do. I do not bow down to no man, especially a Mountain Dew.

Having said that you can challenge me anytime to discuss religion stuff, you won't make it alive, that I promise you.

As for "oh no, you made a declarative statement, you can't be XXXx", learn to read what you're reading.
    troll-face-meme-generator-sir-you-just-got-trolled-you-mad-dca53e.jpg

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome Wacey! I hope you enjoy your stay here.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This picture made my stomach churn. :S

Welcome Wacey!
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Having said this. There is always the possibility that there is no-self, that the so called personality is a illusion of the brain. One day I will elaborate more.
    The self like all interesting illusions, is a stubbornly persistent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
    "People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
    One can perhaps step outside of the illusion for a time, but once we escape one, what's to say we are not in another.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please bare with me while I figure out the logistics of the thread posts...haha, I have never been on a forum before. Ok, to Absurd, yeah, I won't be instantly replying all the time to posts right away, even ones that I wrote. This is because I have a life outside the computer and try to limit internet time to a minimum. If I did not, I might spend hours searching for in the end, really useless information. It's as if this mind is addicted to what is "next".

I do not formely practise a religion, although I grew up in a Christain setting. I can rely on my own experince, and this gives me a personal athourity. If this matches with certain teachings of world religions, than that only helps fill in the colours of what this mind chooses to believe. To Hkkmr: totally agree, one illusion for another maybe our lot in life, "Before enlightment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightement, chop wood, carry water". And no, I do not claim enlightenment.

I think that I would be cautious in saying I was any persons' dual. Socionics can sometimes be used in ways that may not actual resemble 'truth'. I will sincerly try to stay away from using it like it's a sort of horoscope/astrology thing. I was a little excited today to log onto the 16types.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No fucking shit, I'm not even in front of PC most of the time considering tiny chat, IRC, socionics, medium chat, large chat, cunt chat, and again your passive-aggressiveness is getting on my nerves, and it is your second post already.

I think I'm too old for this abstract this, abstrat that illusions, don't you think?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

WaceysShoulder, where are you from? I'm getting the impression that English is not your native language.

R.I.P. Raver
    TIM
    ENFP 7W8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No fucking shit, I'm not even in front of PC most of the time considering tiny chat, IRC, socionics, medium chat, large chat, cunt chat, and again your passive-aggressiveness is getting on my nerves, and it is your second post already.

I think I'm too old for this abstract this, abstrat that illusions, don't you think?
    haha absurd, your posts are my favorite =))))))

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old are you?

English is not my first language. Canadian is. We say colour. Not color.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I think you are and quite rude, Absurd.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Won't happen again, I'm relaxing now or at least trying to.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sounds like an EII
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wacey, right?
    Absurd is pushing you around to see how you react to him; you see some people can only perceive the shape of an object only when the object is given shape by the intensity of their own "push" or "being pushed around"; stay on the safe side, that means only let him "push" you around in a limited way; you can interact with other members who don't need to gauge your "shape" by the means in which he uses to "read you". I hope this makes sense.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is because I have a life outside the computer and try to limit internet time to a minimum.
    But now you've joined this forum and it will change your life

I think that I would be cautious in saying I was any persons' dual. Socionics can sometimes be used in ways that may not actual resemble 'truth'. I will sincerly try to stay away from using it like it's a sort of horoscope/astrology thing.
    Would you like to elaborate? this could be interesting. Why don't you want to say you're someone's dual? What is your experience with dual relations, or with LSE? (if you don't want to use the word "dual")

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo dawg, what's up? You wanna be hommies?
    Easy Day

Creepy-Snaps

This is because I have a life outside the computer and try to limit internet time to a minimum. If I did not, I might spend hours searching for in the end, really useless information. It's as if this mind is addicted to what is "next".
    I would mark this post constructive 10x if I could. Probably most constructive thing I've read on here in the past month.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would mark this post constructive 10x if I could. Probably most constructive thing I've read on here in the past month.
    Duality reigns supreme.

Creepy-Snaps

Duality reigns supreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Sounds like an EII
    Well if Maritsa is accurate in typing the first girl in over 3 years here as EII, so she'll no longer be the 'only EII on the forum', that must mean I'm LSE again with you, Absurd. At least I can do grammar.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well if Maritsa is accurate in typing the first girl in over 3 years here as EII, so she'll no longer be the 'only EII on the forum', that must mean I'm LSE again with you, Absurd. At least I can do grammar.
    Let me break it up for you in parts you're going to understand once and for all, I hope. You've typed me Se/Ni quadra before which means I can't be your identical unless you're at odds with logic again what wouldn't surprise me at all.

Every thread you make you go back and forth those types like a teenager in a fitting room trying on a bunch of knickers and asking people in which you look best.

And what "I can do grammar" means?

I can stand up on a pint of piss.

Creepy-Snaps

Let me break it up for you in parts you're going to understand once and for all, I hope. You've typed me Se/Ni quadra before which means I can't be your identical unless you're at odds with logic again what wouldn't surprise me at all.
    That was a facetious typing before.

And what "I can do grammar" means?
    I was referring to your reply a couple days ago, where I joked you couldn't be LSE because of the capitalization. And you had the colorful response. Remember?

Every thread you make you go back and forth those types like a teenager in a fitting room trying on a bunch of knickers and asking people in which you look best.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That was a facetious typing before.
    Well then, I'm glad you finally found your true and only sociotype after facetiously typing others and yourself. Serious Mountain Dew is serious. As for that Maritsa's comment you commented on. Maritsa types you LSI, so I think it is time you actually sorted out the differences between you and her, just for misinformation sake.

I was referring to your reply a couple days ago, where I joked you couldn't be LSE because of the capitalization. And you had the colorful response. Remember?
    Looks like I'm resistant to jokes and I'm sure you want to go back in time and talk about your gOD.

Vid.
    And the reason you posted that vid is?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

English is not my first language. Canadian is. We say colour. Not color.
    Oh, weird. Not sure where I got that idea, then.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

House keeping first: I do not yet know how to "quote" others posts. I would greatly appreciate some advice in this area, perhaps by a private message? So, I will just free write and hope the replies make it to the appropraite "poster" for now. I will write in sequential order addressing the oldest to newest posts in that order to keep things fluid.

I can understand the need to discover who one is talking too - if this means asking provacative questions, I'm all for it. But, unless one has a diagnoses of terrets syndrome (sp), freaking out at a complete stranger is inapporapraite IRL, and this passes on to the internet. Having said that, I have in the past always been interested in what Absurd has written on the forum, and look forward to reading more. So no worries.
    Calling someone rude does not mean I did not understand what he was "getting at". I knew he was poking. Sometimes in life, if I have nothing nice to say, then I say nothing at all. Besides, people who say what is really on there mind is a huge relief for me. "At least someone said it"....... Do you guys can understand what I am trying to say? Enough of that topic now.

Duality may in a limited way present itself over the internet. The real magic is in person. That is why I say I would hesitat to call anyone my dual whom I have met over the internet.
    I have met one "romantic dual", whose memory still follows me to this day. And many non romanitc duals, although at the time I had neither the knowledge of socionics nor, duality, to put the experinces into some kind of framework. Maybe that was a good thing.

I will post more here. I need to cut the time short because of a commitment. And BTW, I feel like I have stepped into a group of people that all shares personal jokes I know nothing about.

And I have posted my picture in the Unofficial members thread. There might be some confusion, I have a penis....I am a man. So there still remains one female EII on here. Maybe several more.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

House keeping first: I do not yet know how to "quote" others posts. I would greatly appreciate some advice in this area, perhaps by a private message? So, I will just free write and hope the replies make it to the appropraite "poster" for now. I will write in sequential order addressing the oldest to newest posts in that order to keep things fluid.

I can understand the need to discover who one is talking too - if this means asking provacative questions, I'm all for it. But, unless one has a diagnoses of terrets syndrome (sp), freaking out at a complete stranger is inapporapraite IRL, and this passes on to the internet. Having said that, I have in the past always been interested in what Absurd has written on the forum, and look forward to reading more. So no worries.
    Calling someone rude does not mean I did not understand what he was "getting at". I knew he was poking. Sometimes in life, if I have nothing nice to say, then I say nothing at all. Besides, people who say what is really on there mind is a huge relief for me. "At least someone said it"....... Do you guys can understand what I am trying to say? Enough of that topic now.

Duality may in a limited way present itself over the internet. The real magic is in person. That is why I say I would hesitat to call anyone my dual whom I have met over the internet.
    I have met one "romantic dual", whose memory still follows me to this day. And many non romanitc duals, although at the time I had neither the knowledge of socionics nor, duality, to put the experinces into some kind of framework. Maybe that was a good thing.

I will post more here. I need to cut the time short because of a commitment. And BTW, I feel like I have stepped into a group of people that all shares personal jokes I know nothing about.

And I have posted my picture in the Unofficial members thread. There might be some confusion, I have a penis....I am a man. So there still remains one female EII on here. Maybe several more.
    How many gay people have you met?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For real? Several thousand most likely.

I believe I fit the Fi/Ne description on information elements failry accuratly. When I stumbled across socionics years ago, I was just floored that people (who apparently were rigorusly scientific in thier approuch? wink, wink) had tried to map out the human personality. And not only that, they had created a general picture, or explanation, of why one person likes another, and why they hate even others ( I am talking about Modal A, and all the subsequent theories that have followed). This is the real beauty behind socionics, it's really less about the indivdual and more about how that individual reacts, thinks, creates emotions and precieves the outer world. And how that person "chooses" to behave - unless their personality has been molded for better or worse by relationships in his/hers formative years. In this case they may behave in ways that go counter with the way thier ego would naturally choose to exspress itself. And this leads me to my point.

There is plenty of backstory, which I will not get into here. One thing I will say is, I have made many personal mistakes, that have not only cost me time, but my close family relationships and friends as well. I was never a bad kid, but I was a stubborn one. And you can ask my parents now what they thought of my stubborness then, "you would argue the sky was black just for arguments sake". Gawd was I ever Te seeking my whole life.

When I was 20, I went to school and studied paramedicine. I was going to be a paramedic. Not only that, I applied for the Canadian Forces (which in practise is very similar to the american army - but on closer inspection, vastly different. The repeal of "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy in the states is something of a joke in Canada. Gay people could serve openly here, and do, for the past 25 years. Damn, I did not want to get political). Well the Forces did not pan out for reasons I will not expand on. This was a real shame though, I would have really ecceld in the structured setting of the military. I did, however, finish the medical program, and went on to try and work for BC Ambulence. Was this ever an effing mistake. Not only is BC Ambulence a terrible employer (thus why paramedics have been striking in this province forever), health care setting was not the place for me. I knew it in my gut and in my heart. I thought hey just keep going, keep doing this eventually it will get better. It never did. As an PCP, you have to THINK FAST. And mistakes should NOT HAPPEN. I thought I could handle the stress. I thought I can be smart, fast thinking, fast talking; maintain a huge store of memory for the huge scope of practise, letting the shiet roll off my back; I thought one could be kind and caring (which most PCP's are) as well as maintan a standard of care for every patient. I got by, but I was so unhappy, mostly becasue in my gut I knew my personality should not be a paramedic. I would get home just so drained. So much more then other rookies in similar positions. And my bosses (many ENTP's/ENTJ's ISTJ's..along those lines...yeah I'm sterotyping, sue me, as well I have not memorized the socionics notations), I got on with everyone, but what I really wanted to be like was, "so that call went pretty good, I feel great about it, I really helped that guy and........how do you feel?" And some collegues answer for example, "I thought that guy was a ffrigging heart attack wating to happen". "Haha", I would laugh. In my heart I just couldn't be so callouse.
    BTW, as a health care provider, one has to both be that way naturally, and become that way over time - the older you get, the more you burn. So I left. It was a huge personal failure, which I am still coping with.

At the same time, I volunteerd with a phone in crisis line in my home town. Wow. What a difference in settings. In the first time in my life I was surrounding by truly like minded people. The other volunteers and the program coordinators and directors were people from all walks of life. Young and old (I was the youngest volunteer there - I guess growing up in foster care makes one knowledgable and caring at a young age), educated and non; all were there to help, gain experience volunteering and grow personally. I learned SOOO much over the years I was there. About other people and myself. I would love to chat about with those interested, just ask. One thing though - all people hurt - and all people survive. There is always overcoming ones past. Being empathetic and validating others feelings as well as helping them in REAL LIFE WAYS, volunteering on that line has been one of the most rewarding expereinces of my life.

So why did I leave? Well I moved across the province to change careers for one. Secondly, my own life had become unstable, and you cannot help others in that fashion in ones own life is a mess. Si/Se, and the fatal flaws of EII's. At that time, I had met the two LSE's, both men who were incredibly different from each other, and at the same time, incredibly similar. Well, socionicsd explains that. Another topic I would love to chat about. I wish I had met them now.....not to start anything, just with the knowledge of being myself, and not trying to be something I am not. Haha, yeah basic commen sense, eh?

Okay, put that in your pipe and smoke it. I do not spout off like this in person, mostly I am fairly reserved - prolly why I love my ESE partner so much. We have created an amazing life here, but the Si/Se demons still haunt.
    If you read all this you are a champ!

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point being socionics in the end has "retaught me" that its okay to be myself. People like Fi and the open mind of Ne. As well....its OKAY to be an introverted person! Now I work in forestry so that I can be sorrounded by nature, so important for EII's I believe.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point being socionics in the end has "retaught me" that its okay to be myself. People like Fi and the open mind of Ne. As well....its OKAY to be an introverted person! Now I work in forestry so that I can be sorrounded by nature, so important for EII's I believe.
    That's one of the things I hate most about MBTI that it sends the somewhat veiled message that introverts are doing something wrong by being introverted.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Waceyshoulder

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    That's one of the things I hate most about MBTI that it sends the somewhat veiled message that introverts are doing something wrong by being introverted.
    MBTI, Western Society, all those Hollywood starlets and popstars who tell their tales of how shy and awkward they used to be back in school, but now thanks to acting/music/therapy/drugs/theshamelessbrownnosingyesmenandwomenoftheirentour age they can truely express their confident outgoing obnoxious selves. hooray for consumer culture, hooray for the adulation of the expressive individual, hooray for life in the late capitialistic paradise.
    IEE-Ne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast