Thread: History Repeats... And I'm legitimately scared.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default History Repeats... And I'm legitimately scared.

No really, it really seems to. As things are right now in the presidential race I think Donald Trump=Julius Cesar. He's obviously an SEE and he's got the plebeians firmly behind him to an almost fanatical degree and, well, I don't blame them for that. When a Gay Jew like Milo is in love with him you know you've crossed into unknown territory. This shit is unprecedented. We have truly gone off the map and into the area that says "here there be dragons" folks.

I ain't a leftist myself (AnCap for life in case you didn't already know what my views are) but this vid from a leftist is pretty spot on in regards to the current situation:

He's got it down pat IMO. Either it happens, or we get a real hardcore Cesar who will most definitely end the Republic and hang donors high from the highest tree. Now, in regards to how I feel, this video lays it out in a very awesome way:

I'd be a net asset to them, teach them shit the establishment now keeps them from learning about. Things like how to grow crops and manage a herd of buffalo/cattle on an open plain. Once I got done they'd see the White Man as a blessing, not a curse forced upon them. But hey, that's just my life's philosophy. After you meet me, you either kill me like a moron, or love me because I worked very hard to make everyone's life better. No exploitation, no conquest, just a sharing of knowledge and culture that helps us all enjoy a world in which we are all more free, more comfortable, and more rich than if we had practiced some apartheid bullshit. Learn from everyone, sadly far too many don't like that concept, and now history is set to repeat in a bad way once again.

I hate to say it but it's true, the Buddhists have a saying and I am in full agreement with it. The lesson will repeat until it is learned and, apparently, we can't learn for shit... The lesson has been repeated SO many times, when will we finally, finally learn?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's not SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trump was typed SLE.

I say history repeats itself because of the consistency of human nature.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'd be a net asset to them, teach them shit the establishment now keeps them from learning about. Things like how to grow crops and manage a herd of buffalo/cattle on an open plain.
    @End when was the last time you grew crops and herded buffalo on the open plain?

Are you a farmer by any chance?

I don't see Trump as a Julius Cesar type. Just an annoying type. He is not the first to shake up the republican party.

I am not going to see him as a martyr regardless.

Life runs in cycles which is why people do not learn from it. If it doesn't happen in their lifetime they are less likely to learn the lesson. The distant past is not something many feel as "real" especially when it isn't their past.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really any different than Obama IMO.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An 89-year old said Trump was like this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendell_Willkie

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @End when was the last time you grew crops and herded buffalo on the open plain?

Are you a farmer by any chance?

I don't see Trump as a Julius Cesar type. Just an annoying type. He is not the first to shake up the republican party.

I am not going to see him as a martyr regardless.

Life runs in cycles which is why people do not learn from it. If it doesn't happen in their lifetime they are less likely to learn the lesson. The distant past is not something many feel as "real" especially when it isn't their past.
    Farming is my life goal ultimately. Nothing helps out other people quite like being able to hand them a meal and, lets face it, in the event of a zombie apocalypse you will eventually run out of ultimately perishable food to scavenge from the corpse of civilization. Eventually, you're gonna have to grow your own food to survive and start rebuilding. Agriculture was the most important development in human history. It's what enabled "civilization" to become a thing in the first place. Only once your immediate survival needs are pretty much guaranteed can you turn to things like writing fiction and/or figuring out how gravity works. Someone's gonna have to have it mastered and, well, if ya want something done right ya do it yourself.

Idiocracy wasn't supposed to be a documentary but as the years pass I feel more and more like it's our future and I'm "Not Sure" trying to spell out to these idiots that ya don't wanna water the crops with Gatorade.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Farming is my life goal ultimately. Nothing helps out other people quite like being able to hand them a meal and, lets face it, in the event of a zombie apocalypse you will eventually run out of ultimately perishable food to scavenge from the corpse of civilization. Eventually, you're gonna have to grow your own food to survive and start rebuilding. Agriculture was the most important development in human history. It's what enabled "civilization" to become a thing in the first place. Only once your immediate survival needs are pretty much guaranteed can you turn to things like writing fiction and/or figuring out how gravity works. Someone's gonna have to have it mastered and, well, if ya want something done right ya do it yourself.

Idiocracy wasn't supposed to be a documentary but as the years pass I feel more and more like it's our future and I'm "Not Sure" trying to spell out to these idiots that ya don't wanna water the crops with Gatorade.
    I don't think you have thought this out well enough. If most of the population were to actually get a virus that turned them into brain eating zombies the idea of growing your own food might not be your primary concern but if you manage to make it to that point you will face many other challenges. If you get trapped in an area with little water or fertile ground how do you irrigate? What if the virus effects livestock? A zombie apocalypse is just as bad as huge asteroid hitting earth and wiping out most of the population. It would just be slower and more horrific. Do you have a stocked bunker to wait it out? What if something happens to the air filtering system? Will you have people there with you? How long will you have to wait before it is "safe" in case the zombies die out naturally? Do you have a network of other skilled people who you communicate with? What if there is a supernatural element and the bullets do not kill the zombies so you have to go hand to hand battle? Are you physically strong enough to rip off their heads? Are you skilled with a sword? Too much work. I need a nap thinking about it.

Seriously though, in a zombie apocalypse I am so out of here. I would just have someone who is not squeamish give me a bullet to the head. You guys can play with the horror of it all while I am taking a spin around the universe. Checking in on earth now and then thinking, "dumbasses, why aren't you exploring other dimensions of reality with me?" Oh well if it isn't fun... some people would love it though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Aylen You ask too many questions. It is a fact that only about 3 percent of the landmass of America is actually inhabited. Hell, if anyone really set their minds to it you could comfortably house the entire world population within the borders of Texas. Now, if we all lived in Texas I can assure you, we've got a LOT of exploring to do. And in regards to your type I'm sure the squeamishness would fade after I detonated a zombie head that was about to eat you or someone you deeply cared about.

Never underestimate the human mind's ability to adapt. The first kill makes you vomit, the second makes you nauseous, the third barely registered and by the tenth you may well be getting a sexual charge out of it. I don't like this fact of course but it's the truth. Tough times breed tough people. I can assure you that anyone who survived the Great Depression would not be clutching their pearls due to anything any current candidate had to say. Words are just words, they mean less once you've been through a time where you didn't eat for a month just so your kids could have a good solid meal once a week... Problem is people aren't willing to really sacrifice anymore. They aren't willing to give up something with a promise of zilch in return. People used to be good out of the sheer feeling of being a good person, now they expect a paycheck for being selfless. Such is the path of civilization's collapse...

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Texas. 75% of it is a giant dirt-hole. It would be 100%, but, you know... Dams.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    @Aylen You ask too many questions. It is a fact that only about 3 percent of the landmass of America is actually inhabited. Hell, if anyone really set their minds to it you could comfortably house the entire world population within the borders of Texas. Now, if we all lived in Texas I can assure you, we've got a LOT of exploring to do. And in regards to your type I'm sure the squeamishness would fade after I detonated a zombie head that was about to eat you or someone you deeply cared about.

Never underestimate the human mind's ability to adapt. The first kill makes you vomit, the second makes you nauseous, the third barely registered and by the tenth you may well be getting a sexual charge out of it. I don't like this fact of course but it's the truth. Tough times breed tough people. I can assure you that anyone who survived the Great Depression would not be clutching their pearls due to anything any current candidate had to say. Words are just words, they mean less once you've been through a time where you didn't eat for a month just so your kids could have a good solid meal once a week... Problem is people aren't willing to really sacrifice anymore. They aren't willing to give up something with a promise of zilch in return. People used to be good out of the sheer feeling of being a good person, now they expect a paycheck for being selfless. Such is the path of civilization's collapse...
    Nooo, you misunderstood. I want a non squeamish person to SHOOT ME in the head since I might miss. If I did it myself and only end up damaged then I would be unable to try again or fight off zombies. I don't want to be eaten alive while helpless or not helpless for that matter. I refuse to stick around for a zombie apocalypse. :/

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nooo, you misunderstood. I want a non squeamish person to SHOOT ME in the head since I might miss. If I did it myself and only end up damaged then I would be unable to try again or fight off zombies. I don't want to be eaten alive while helpless or not helpless for that matter. I refuse to stick around for a zombie apocalypse. :/
    Don't worry, I've mentally prepared myself to blast family members if they get bit. I wouldn't like it, I might shed a tear, but I'm confident I can do it. I think there's one guy in The Walking Dead that didn't and was made to painfully regret it (god I need to just go and watch that show already). So, in the event you get bit, I'll administer the Coup De Gras (translated: The Blow of Mercy). I won't like doing it because I like you, but hey, I can't risk you turning me into a zombie.

I would, however, insist you attempt to survive. The bigger the group of survivors (to a point) the better. Someone has to watch out for the damn walkers while I'm sleeping and I'd be more than happy to return the favor. Plus, hey, humans are social creatures. Going it alone would eventually drive anyone to madness, and there's no point in surviving the Zombies if ya come out the other end as a crazed murderous nutjob. On the plus side of things all the factors currently dividing humanity would dissolve and no longer be an issue. Race, sex, ethnicity, religion, age, political affiliation, all would become meaningless in the face of the zombie hordes. There would only be survivors, fucking raiders (who will die too, shot by survivors for trying to fuck everything up even more than it already is), and the zombies. Silver lining to everything after all, once it happened we'd all come out the other end as a united human race . A much smaller in population human race, but a united one none the less.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Trump was typed SLE.

I say history repeats itself because of the consistency of human nature.
    I agree.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If for no other reason, history will remember the 2016 presidential election for Donald Trump’s campaign promise to build a wall across the entire Mexico–U.S. border. Set aside for a moment the rather vexing question of whether Trump will win the White House. Let’s focus on the pitch that could get him there: Could Trump in fact build a Great Wall of Making America Great Again?

As with so many things in this election, the question beggars belief. Trump is pledging the largest infrastructure project since the U.S. highway system—perhaps the most significant infrastructure project since the Erie Canal—and yet he has shared few details about the wall itself. What little Trump has said, namely that he intends for Mexico to pay for it, is unrealistic, to put it mildly.

Details are beside the point, of course. That’s because Trump can’t build a wall across the entire border. It’s a moon-shot without a rocket. The proposal crumbles at even the slightest scrutiny. No one who can build it would, and no one who would build it can.

“With the highly contested nature of this project, and the fact that many, many people object to it really strongly—do you want to be on the wrong side of that in a way that’s going to stick with you for years?” asks Raphael Sperry, president of Architects/Designers/Planners for Social Responsibility.

http://www.citylab.com/work/2016/03/...r-wall/472065/

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much how I feel. Its politics, there are no winners (except the winners) in politics.
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.