Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,480 of 2884

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    openness is correlated to liberalism
    I think this is correlation (which I have seen before) goes a bit too far. Liberalism is about accepting other people's openness to experience as legitimate, not about expanding your own.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    This is overall intuition! Come on, brain hemispheres?
    yeah no way a sensor could grasp the concept of brain hemispheres /sarcasm

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    Theory revolving around the original Model A includes 8 functions, not just the ego.
    T type can't behave as having issues with logic and meanwhile higher than need emotionality in arguing (in not emotional questions!). T types mobilize in their strong regions, but not in F with supressing of T. There is nothing in model A against I've said above and explained you here.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Skeptitron seems F type. a little brainless and more emotional than should for T

You know I should also join the club. I know that tends bubble out occasionally. (I suppose that I have 1D more than you so... which is 2D)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

T type can't behave as having issues with logic and meanwhile higher than need emotionality in arguing (in not emotional questions!). T types mobilize in their strong regions, but not in F with supressing of T. There is nothing in model A against I've said above and explained you here.
    This is only true if preference for T>F is 100%, which is not most "thinkers".

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[sarcasm mode enabled]
    Typing other people the easiest way.
    800px-D16.jpg
    Not necessarily the most reliable way.
    [sarcasm mode disabled]

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Of course T suppresses F and vice versa but it does not say that you spend all your time in that specific mode. (=OMFG Ni ego comes out)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    You know I should also join the club.
    you'll now when you'll place your typing material like video

> I suppose that I have 1D more than you so... which is 2D

The only significant difference in strenght is between strong and weak functions. I suppose that you may be any type, as to trust what you think about this is baseless.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suppose that you may be any type, as to trust what you think about this is baseless.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@totalize is LIE-0 Sx/So 8, imo

(And yes, at this point I am repeating myself. )
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you'll now when you'll place your typing material like video

> I suppose that I have 1D more than you so... which is 2D

The only significant difference in strenght is between strong and weak functions. I suppose that you may be any type, as to trust what you think about this is baseless.
    Only one kind of weak and only one kind of strong.
    So for example in alpha there are only one kind of alpha NTs and one kind of alpha SFs.

OK.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if it's any consolation reverie I type everyone ESI and I solemnly believe that we'll continue running around in circles re-typing each other until our sole dual, Expat, graces us with their return.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I'm being typed ESI so often lately. And I wonder why...
    because you're pretty
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI is like E6. You gotta put people somewhere.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love how socionics and enneagram get used exactly like Christianity in that they become mere tools for aristocrats to leverage social control and lose all meaning

oh well, their loss, ESI E6 4 lyfe and we'll always be cooler than the ruling class anyway

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it's more like people are trying their best with the information they have on hand and hearing different opinions can be fun and useful if you wanna gain insight into how select individuals perceive you but they don't have anywhere near as much information about you as you do, and after having my anxiety-ridden best friend type me e6 while she types herself e9, despite the fact that she's constantly venting about her anxiety, which you'd assume would put her in the head triad, whereas I'm constantly venting about my ambivalent relationship with anger, I realized that not even the people closest to you will have a firm grasp on what makes "you" you, and after a certain point, the more easily swayed you seem by external evaluations, the more comfortable people will feel in sharing their external evaluations, and, in rarer cases, they may even prioritize their evaluation above yours, which doesn't necessarily seem to be the case here, but if you find that EII descriptions resonate with you more than ESI descriptions, then roll with it!!! @reverie

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII and ESI may be E9, at least. As highest empathy types.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    hearing different opinions can be fun and useful if you wanna gain insight into how select individuals perceive you
    yeah its true, whenever I get typed as maxim I beam a little inside

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI-Enneagram-Correlation2.jpg
    EII and ESI may be E9, at least. As highest empathy types.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please no.

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I'm being typed ESI so often lately. And I wonder why...
    cuz ur esi #couldntfindthatoneoutbyyourselfcouldya #tirole #shitlogic #imawesome #crackedthecodeagain #sherlockprecisionlogic
    Last edited by Number 9 large; 10-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I was recently on the receiving end of the lefty sjw so-called "progressives" that are being referred to in this video as regressive, where they lashed out at me when I shared a random thought on a public fb post that happened to come through my feed, when my posted thought didn't actually directly address whatever it was the author intended to be the central message (was a bit of a tangent). The author and other members of whatever group it was responded with a lot of anger, calling me racist (in different ways) and "white feminist" when what I said had nothing to do with racism (but simply just didn't address the race issue in that author's article). They were angry that the article had spoken to me at all and were saying that I wasn't the intended audience. It was very weird. It was almost like they were angry that I didn't pay special attention to the race-based message they wrote about in their article, and didn't soothe them for their sufferings (as other posts there did). Other kinds of comments or tangents (even friendly/neutral ones) were just simply not welcome there, especially not from a woman who looks white (which according to them means I have to self-flagellate for benefitting from white privilege, even though I'm not the one who constructed society to be like that). When I got the angry responses, I tried to engage that group in calm rational dialogue to understand what it was that had offended them, but they were just not interested in dialogue -- they simply wanted to take out their anger on someone who was not a POC (it happened to be a group on asian issues), were projecting all sorts of untrue things onto me, and were demanding that I leave (the public posting, which when I pointed that out, they twisted that into me having oppressed them by demanding that such posts to not be public, which was not at all what I said).

I think these far leftist movements as well as the far right are doing a lot of harm to our society. these kind of far left antics actually end up driving a lot of hate -- since they group people into "groups" and they harbor a lot of anger, even the wannabe "kumbaya" lefties who are supposedly looking out for the oppressed actually become hateful to anyone who is not a member of the group they consider oppressed.

I am not talking about movements like Black Lives Matter -- I fully support them and their message, and I have seen the social inequality that happens in that regard and think that definitely needs to change. I also don't think that Antifa falls into this category either (not as familiar with how they operate though). I applaud anyone who opposes fascism. The angry sjw types may not realize it but, by seeing society as groups who are superior/inferior (perhaps different hierarchies than the right-wing fascists) rather than individuals, they are actually embodying fascism too.
    No they don't embody fascism. Why would PoC feminists want to hear you out when you speak past them (which you did if you didn't address a racial issue that is important to them)?

That video and your post are textbook expressions of privilege - assumption about how other people should feel about their oppression and discrimination. If I am not black, who am I to tell a black person: "don't be such a victim"? It's like constantly being told by men to suck up sexual harassment.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Radical sjw folks are predominantly Fi egos from what I've seen, but that's just one branch of lefties. I categorize myself centre-left and I don't share the same views with radical anything, I'm not a fan of kumbaya hippie people or PC police, I don't feel any burning need to protect the environment and I feel violence and force, army and police are definitely needed in many cases - you can't let others fuck with you and retards of this planet should be eliminated. I do have very strong opinions about public welfare and exploitation of poor and disadvantaged though and also about any outdated notions about gay marriage, different types of families, racism, etc. So I'm torn and also have problems with putting myself in a box - anything radical is probably the problem.
    This is not type-related. You would probably consider me radical in my views and I know plenty of people who share them and are all types. Fi- and Fe-types might express themselves differently, but they can still share this ideology. My ESE friend is on the same page as I am about "PC police" (I would call it dismantling of privilege myself, but that's for another thread ), but her activism is less vocal, less confrontational, more integrative. The goal is the same though.
    ― Anais Nin

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alt right: Hipster conservatism

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    No they don't embody fascism. Why would PoC feminists want to hear you out when you speak past them (which you did if you didn't address a racial issue that is important to them)?

That video and your post are textbook expressions of privilege - assumption about how other people should feel about their oppression and discrimination. If I am not black, who am I to tell a black person: "don't be such a victim"? It's like constantly being told by men to suck up sexual harassment.
    I wasn't expecting them to hear me out. I was trying to hear them out in a dialogue.

I didn't speak past them and I was not making any assertions about how victim they should or should not be of their oppression. I fully support them in their social justice point. What happened was I made a random comment on something in that article that spoke to me, not even speaking to anyone in particular, it was just a thought that had occurred to me, on this article that just happened to come thru my fb feed. I had no idea it was on a POC/asian social justice page. My "speaking past them" was not intentional, nor did I have any expectations of how people should feel about their oppression. My only expectation is to be treated with respect, as any human being should expect, as I would treat people as well.

Your rhetoric is unfortunately quite reminiscent of theirs incidentally, making assumptions about my intentions and views and ascribing those projections (which happen to be inaccurate) to my "privilege". So because I supposedly benefit from white privilege (and probably unintentionally do to some extent, if my religion/ethnicity is not known), I'm supposed to accept being unjustly accused of things I don't even believe in and bullied? That's not fair. I'm sorry but that IS fascist. Whether you like it or not.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Then suggest something better.

Can you do a "VI me" thread? Or send me the pics in pm.

From your forum activity I would say ENFP.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wasn't expecting them to hear me out. I was trying to hear them out in a dialogue.

I didn't speak past them and I was not making any assertions about how victim they should or should not be of their oppression. I fully support them in their social justice point. What happened was I made a random comment on something in that article that spoke to me, not even speaking to anyone in particular, it was just a thought that had occurred to me, on this article that just happened to come thru my fb feed. I had no idea it was on a POC/asian social justice page. My "speaking past them" was not intentional, nor did I have any expectations of how people should feel about their oppression. My only expectation is to be treated with respect, as any human being should expect, as I would treat people as well.

Your rhetoric is unfortunately quite reminiscent of theirs incidentally, making assumptions about my intentions and views and ascribing those projections (which happen to be inaccurate) to my "privilege". So because I supposedly benefit from white privilege (and probably unintentionally do to some extent, if my religion/ethnicity is not known), I'm supposed to accept being unjustly accused of things I don't even believe in and bullied? That's not fair. I'm sorry but that IS fascist. Whether you like it or not.
    You are making assumptions about them, too:

Other kinds of comments or tangents (even friendly/neutral ones) were just simply not welcome there, especially not from a woman who looks white (which according to them means I have to self-flagellate for benefitting from white privilege, even though I'm not the one who constructed society to be like that). When I got the angry responses, I tried to engage that group in calm rational dialogue to understand what it was that had offended them, but they were just not interested in dialogue -- they simply wanted to take out their anger on someone who was not a POC (it happened to be a group on asian issues), were projecting all sorts of untrue things onto me, and were demanding that I leave (the public posting, which when I pointed that out, they twisted that into me having oppressed them by demanding that such posts to not be public, which was not at all what I said).
    Apparently this is a community and the central issue was about the community. Sometimes people don't want outsiders to come in and have "rational conversations" about issues that are not at heart of the issue.

White people don't need to self-flagellate - they just need to be mindful of their privilege and perhaps sometimes quietly step away when they are told not to engage, especially when dealing with people whose specific struggles you don't know anything about.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    ApeironStella: LII or EII

squark: LSI
    thelocust : IEI purely from V.I. I don't know you

FDG: LIE
    wasp: ESI because you're not as "soft" as Vespertine. Now that I think about it...your name is wasp!

UDP: LSE
    Vespertine: EII
    Chae: IEE you V.I. as ENFp and I'm not sure where my previous brainfart came from
    Syrup: SLI

kalinoche: Ip-temperament. I find you really hard to type.
    You have such big friendly eyes like Filatova's ENTp portraits but you don't vibe like that type (in my view)
    chips and underwear: values Fi
    Simo: Fe-Porl?
    Maybe-youd-like-me-if-you-got-to-know-me.jpg

Hehe. Yeah, I'm still torn between Delta NF and Beta NF I have some traits associated with Delta NF, but I relate more to Beta descriptions. Who knows, I could actually be SEI.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.com/statistics/stat4.htm

http://www.sociotype.com/tools/statistics/

the impressive amount of EII/ IEI / ILI/ LII in socionics... to me this proves that not every EII is actually a fraud.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelocust View Post
    Hehe. Yeah, I'm still torn between Delta NF and Beta NF
    I doubt you are EII, at least.
    With video we'd could try to look in our crystal balls.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-11-2017 at 03:12 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You are making assumptions about them, too:

Apparently this is a community and the central issue was about the community. Sometimes people don't want outsiders to come in and have "rational conversations" about issues that are not at heart of the issue.

White people don't need to self-flagellate - they just need to be mindful of their privilege and perhaps sometimes quietly step away when they are told not to engage, especially when dealing with people whose specific struggles you don't know anything about.
    Oh, I fully acknowledge and accept this, absolutely.
    An important key point here though is that interaction did nothing really to advance their message. If anything, it brought more discord and served to alienate, so imo it was a counterproductive way for that community to handle this outsider's relative obliviousness of the issue at hand. I'm not saying they aren't allowed to react in that way, and perhaps they want to express anger about it amongst themselves and alienate a person, albeit admittedly oblivious -- who happens to actually be well-meaning and who actually does support their message -- which is fair enough (it worked!). It just isn't a good strategy to fight a social injustice issue, imo. I personally feel that dialogue with the "outsider" is a better strategy, regardless of what the social justice issue is, regardless of who the groups are.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.com/statistics/stat4.htm

http://www.sociotype.com/tools/statistics/

the impressive amount of EII/ IEI / ILI/ LII in socionics... to me this proves that not every EII is actually a fraud.
    These statistics shows that a lot of intuitve type people are interessted in socionics. People do tests by chance out of pure curiosity.
    How much relevance do this statistics have assuming that less then 5 percent people of the population, and significantly more intuitive people have done such tests?

For better statistics people have to be chosen with equal probablity out of the mass. Say chose 1000 people randomly(!) out of the population, let them do the test and do a statistical projection.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    These statistics shows that a lot of intuitve type people are interessted in socionics. People do tests by chance out of pure curiosity.
    How much relevance do this statistics have assuming that less then 5 percent people of the population, and significantly more intuitive people have done such tests?

For better statistics people have to be chosen with equal probablity out of the mass. Say chose 1000 people randomly(!) out of the population, let them do the test and do a statistical projection.
    yeah, and let's not forget they can all be mistyped lol

I went through better looking statistcs years ago, I remember the IEI was the least common type, and even one of the reasons why I thought I was an EII. There were not as many people, like they were made out of 200 people, but the target was pretty random...

I'm not even surprised to see the vast majority of "special introverts" spending the most time wondering about who they are on internet... if it's rare to meet a INFx in real life, it's pretty damn rare to see ESTx on here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's pretty damn rare to see ESTx on here.
    On psychoforums, especially so unscientific like Socionics now, not so many S-T. They are practical to interest such stuff often.
    I was sceptical to Socionics until I've spent about a year to study theory and to type people. I did this more for fun during wide interest to psychology stuff. I did not expected much to get good results.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, I fully acknowledge and accept this, absolutely.
    An important key point here though is that interaction did nothing really to advance their message. If anything, it brought more discord and served to alienate, so imo it was a counterproductive way for that community to handle this outsider's relative obliviousness of the issue at hand. I'm not saying they aren't allowed to react in that way, and perhaps they want to express anger about it amongst themselves and alienate a person, albeit admittedly oblivious -- who happens to actually be well-meaning and who actually does support their message -- which is fair enough (it worked!). It just isn't a good strategy to fight a social injustice issue, imo. I personally feel that dialogue with the "outsider" is a better strategy, regardless of what the social justice issue is, regardless of who the groups are.
    I see what you mean and in an ideal world I would agree, but I think it's also a lot to ask for: fight against your oppression, but make sure that you don't alienate anyone. I think there are just moments when people get tired of having to communicate in ways that are acceptable to people who don't share their anger and frustration. I think being an ally also means sucking up feeling offended sometimes.

There was a Black Lives Matter rally in Toronto once and I was going to attend. They disseminated the request that white attendees not talk to the press (or make any sort of public statement) because it's hard enough for PoC to make themselves heard. My initial reaction was feeling weirdly rejected, but I think sometimes we just really need to step into the margins so the margins can come into the center, anger and all.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On psychoforums, especially so unscientific like Socionics now, not so many S-T. They are practical to interest such stuff often.
    I was sceptical to Socionics until I've spent about a year to study theory and to type people. I did this more for fun during wide interest to psychology stuff. I did not expected much to get good results.
    do u know bout chronobiology? check it out
    the world keeps up with me~

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

do u know bout chronobiology?
    I remember in 1990s there were strange apps to calculate biorythms. That's what I know, besides general things.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember in 1990s there were strange apps to calculate biorythms. That's what I know, besides general things.
    luls i got them too, they're based on cycles predicted from birthtime, reminds u nothing?
    new nobel got assigned to this "discovery", it's quite official now

eheheheheheheheh infidels

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

luls i got them too, they're based on cycles predicted from birthtime, reminds u nothing?
    yep

> new nobel got assigned to this "discovery", it's quite official now

I want Nobel too. My bloggers list deserves it.
    But they know that I'll never put on their pinguin suits, that's why I'll stay without it.