Thread: SEI male

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI male

Hi guys. I've been lurking for awhile, finally registered. I'm E6w5. I get bored at work and come here to read typing threads. Socionics/MBTI/Enneagram is kind of an embarrassing hobby of mine. Why won't it leave my brain?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome welcoooome. It's good to have some Si around ;~;

Cool *^* We have a bunch of sixes on here. Counterphobic or phobic?

Lmaoo MBTI is an embarrassing hobby. Socionics and enneagram, that's the real deal ok no need to be ashamed

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I'm phobic. Yeah, MBTI is the gateway drug, Socionics and Enneagram are the next step.

I think my stacking is So/Sp/Sx.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome... I think SEIs are underrepresented.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by auhin View Post
    I believe I'm phobic. Yeah, MBTI is the gateway drug, Socionics and Enneagram are the next step.

I think my stacking is So/Sp/Sx.
    Gateway drug. Hmm, legit And Socionics is the designer drug with ominous ingredients.

Nice, contraflowww

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does contraflow mean?

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up. Dang. That is intense.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! We have a few Si-doms here, but none of them want to call themselves that since that's not considered cool, generally. The reasons it's not considered cool are sort of ridiculous and cringeworthy, so maybe if you are completely awesome, more people will want to self-type as Si and we'll have a more accurate representation of both Ni and Si here instead of Ni being the paragon of mankind and Si being the dreck. (All functions are equal, just different guys ) So please stay, but I'll warn you that this site is funded though anything you post here being sold to multinational corporations (including your "private" messages), and the site owner has a bit of an interesting history in addition to having rather bad taste in fonts generally.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Since when is it uncool to be the (semi-)dual of Robert Downey Jr HUH

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    Hello! We have a few Si-doms here, but none of them want to call themselves that since that's not considered cool, generally. The reasons it's not considered cool are sort of ridiculous and cringeworthy, so maybe if you are completely awesome, more people will want to self-type as Si and we'll have a more accurate representation of both Ni and Si here instead of Ni being the paragon of mankind and Si being the dreck. (All functions are equal, just different guys ) So please stay, but I'll warn you that this site is funded though anything you post here being sold to multinational corporations (including your "private" messages), and the site owner has a bit of an interesting history in addition to having rather bad taste in fonts generally.
    What kind of multinational corporations?? Even my private messages?

You know, I don't always like my Si but it's how God made me, and today is a good day!

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I don't always like my Si but it's how God made me, and today is a good day!
    Said admin has more or less admitted to reading PMs, so I'd just be careful. And mostly Google it seems, but possibly others.

How do you not always like your Si? I know it's extremely unpopular in typology communities but it seems like the kind of thing that's rather popular in real life (which just shows the general disconnect between typology communities and real life imo).

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, mostly dwelling too much on past mistakes and failures... Hard to motivate myself to try new things and overcome obstacles.. It's easier to maintain the status quo, which is not always good. Sometimes I can't even understand why people would want to change things, especially if the issue seems trivial to me.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, mostly dwelling too much on past mistakes and failures... Hard to motivate myself to try new things and overcome obstacles.. It's easier to maintain the status quo, which is not always good. Sometimes I can't even understand why people would want to change things, especially if the issue seems trivial to me.
    Interesting. Isn't Si supposed to be a dynamic element? Maybe I just have a bad understanding of what dynamic and static are.

This is the last thing I have to say on sort of public opinions of Si, but if you say "I don't get along with X, please help" in a post it seems 99% of the time, people will try to type them Si-ego and often Si-lead on this site :/ I have a post back from when I was a total newbie who was rather naïve and dumb about socionics and people were typing an obvious LII as Si-lead because I was having some issues getting along with her, and that's nowhere near the only case I've seen of that.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Enneagram 6 conspiracy theory mode: triggered.

And?! You don't like your leading function sometimes? It's paradise wth, every day is a good day with Si

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yes, you are right, Chae. Si is good. I'm sorry I talked it down. Maybe I'm still caught up in MBTI Si.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@auhin Exactly, especially through sensory bias. I don't see the point of it. Equal functions, equal types.

On top of that: without Si, we'd all be dead after 3 days hehe. Except Bear Grylls with his Si PoLR lmao

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys. I've been lurking for awhile, finally registered. I'm E6w5. I get bored at work and come here to read typing threads. Socionics/MBTI/Enneagram is kind of an embarrassing hobby of mine. Why won't it leave my brain?
    I feel ya! It's like a brain worm....
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    Not everyone cares about being considered "cool".
    I, for one, couldn't care less about "trying to be cool". I scoff at that.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx