Thread: Quintessential types of the Body Positivity Movement

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Quintessential types of the Body Positivity Movement

Anyone else notice how they all seem to be ENFp's? Romanticizing a lack of a willpower in general seems to be a delta NF fetish.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, almost all of them are IEE's.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's probably due to a combination of -Si values (need to eliminate discomfort/unpleasant sensations) + weak Ti (transient feelings and urges>discipline).
    Last edited by suedehead; 07-10-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In contrast, I've seen plenty of ENTp's who go on successful crash diets and evince an 'eat to live' attitude in general.
    Last edited by suedehead; 07-10-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Romanticizing a lack of a willpower in general seems to be a delta NF fetish.
    delta don't think about willpower much, as it relates to Se value
    s&m romanticizing a lack of a willpower and fetishes is beta-gamma's trait

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We just complain that we get worn down and don't have enough energy
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@suedehead You are the quintessential type of person for the Body Positivity Movement! I am looking into your future and can see the prominent role that you will play once you're comfortable in your skin! <3 Or perhaps you will begin before you are comfortable in your skin and you'll make a family of body positivity-obsessed folks.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh. Health at every size? No thanks. I understand the need for a happy medium as opposed to all 5'9 105 pound models, though. Plus size models are needed. But the newfound proudness of being chubby, fat and "thick"? Not healthy and not interesting. Nobody is going around saying that being runway-model weight is healthy either because it generally is not. Honestly though this kind of thing has been around in black american communities for awhile as well as low income communities in general; they are more accepting of obesity culturally...and people in these communities are fatter. Shocking

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

most ENFps i see are skinny. Fat people are more common in S types. Intuitives can be fat because of eating disorders, compulsive eating, comfort eating because of depression etc.
    Last edited by maniac; 07-16-2016 at 06:04 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by universe View Post
    most ENFps i see are skinny. Fat people are more common in S types. Intuitives can be fat because of eating disorders, compulsive eating, comfort eating because of depression etc.
    My cousin is big IEE. She's someone I love very much. She's also married to her dual
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LD: You and I were literally sitting across from each other at the Met Ball, and it was so surreal to get to do that.
    I was sitting next to Odell Beckham Jr., and it was so amazing because it was like he looked at me and he determined I was not the shape of a woman by his standards. He was like, "That's a marshmallow. That's a child. That's a dog." It wasn't mean — he just seemed confused.
    The vibe was very much like, "Do I want to fuck it? Is it wearing a … yep, it's wearing a tuxedo. I'm going to go back to my cell phone." It was like we were forced to be together, and he literally was scrolling Instagram rather than have to look at a woman in a bow tie. I was like, "This should be called the Metropolitan Museum of Getting Rejected by Athletes.

AS: You were dressed like a boy, and you looked sexy, and I really appreciated you showing me your tits several times.

LD: I loved this year when you were like, "I'm not fat, and I'm not skinny, and why do I have to be in this plus-size category?" after a magazine called you plus size on their cover. I know it ended up being a fucking pain in the ass for you, but what I was so glad about was that you were just being like, "Why, when you see a woman and she has 18,000 contributions to the world, would your desire be to place her in a random category you came up with?"
    Her:

Him:

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Positive_Movement

it seems that it is emphasizing health and well being > appearance and the ideas surrounding it. i don't really see a problem with it as those kinds of attitudes would probably produce better weight loss results anyway - especially for the people who want to approach it this way (as perhaps they have found their feelings of shame are in the way).

if the end goal is to be and live in a healthy way, then the end result would be weight loss (as often fat and healthy are at odds with one another).

i guess i could say it seems > but i don't really believe it matters that much. someone of any type could probably approach it this way. i'm sure there is some trend of the types promoting it on the internet, but whatever.