Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tom Williams

What's this guy's type?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6jwEwlZnSFY
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe LIE. explaining how one thing leads to another and using some analogies ()... seems dynamic (though since the economy is the subject maybe it would have to be)... focus in that he's explaining a process that goes on... he's just saying what happens and putting it into words so as to inform others. Everything about his presentation is "objective". There was no emotional expression during the presentation... though there was a slight subdued concern and understanding... like when he said "it's not your fault... it's that you have the wrong information". He's helping with , helping you to get the right information... and the "it's not your fault" part was kind of sensitive... I could see dual-seeking. If LIE, I would say subtype...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not LIE.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the nature of the lecture here is producing an impression of Te which might not necessarily be accurate. i'm not sure, but i think ESE might be possible.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to find other videos of him, but to no avail. The nice thing about "not LIE" is that he doesn't really seem to look ish enough...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i think the nature of the lecture here is producing an impression of Te which might not necessarily be accurate.
    Yeah, it's important to keep in mind that there are a lot of Fe/Ti types who are good at and successful in business.

i'm not sure, but i think ESE might be possible.
    ESE isn't the type that immediately stood out to me, either.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found these little biographies on him

Tom Williams, is a very successful US Syndicate Trader. His professional experience gained a great impetus several years ago when reading what Richard D Wyckoff had to say on the subject of volume reading in the early thirties.

Tom further developed Wyckoff's methodologies to develop his own more potent methodology - Volume Spread Analysis - regularly referred to as "Wyckoff on Steroids!"

Tom Williams has been energetically applying his unique methodologies for the last 30 years to the Stocks, FOREX and Futures markets

He retired from professional trading to take up a number of commercial ventures. However, Tom's real ambition was to help traders operate in a more informed way, and this idea formed the basis of his software development company he set up 14 years ago. Tom has spent many years refining the signals in for the product that now forms the TradeGuider range of Software Systems.

Tom is the inventor of Volume Spread Analysis and the Chairman of TradeGuider Systems.
    Tom Williams, formerly a very successful US Syndicate Trader. He retired from professional trading at the age of 40, taking up a number of commercial ventures during this period. However, Tom's real ambition was to help traders operate in a more informed way, and this idea formed the basis of his software development company, Genie Software Ltd, 14 years ago. Tom has spent many years refining the signals in his flagship product, VSA (The forerunner to TradeGuider). Apart from his own expertise, the company also relies heavily on customer feedback to enhance and develop its products.
    I still think I see ... meh. Now I'm thinking LSE>ESI.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of LSE as a very distant second choice. (And ESI would be like... 7th or something along those lines. )
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm done... I've already thrown out 3 types... and there are a short supply of options left! I'll wait.

(I like to say everyone is ESI. )

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was just thinking that the thread might be more interesting (for me) if I waited for more responses before posting the type I immediately saw.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    maybe LIE. explaining how one thing leads to another and using some analogies ()... seems dynamic (though since the economy is the subject maybe it would have to be)... focus in that he's explaining a process that goes on... he's just saying what happens and putting it into words so as to inform others. Everything about his presentation is "objective". There was no emotional expression during the presentation... though there was a slight subdued concern and understanding... like when he said "it's not your fault... it's that you have the wrong information". He's helping with , helping you to get the right information... and the "it's not your fault" part was kind of sensitive... I could see dual-seeking. If LIE, I would say subtype...
    Yeah, the bolded part stood out to me too. I felt his lecture take a turn when he said that. At that point I was like...could that have anything to do with him being a caregiver? or being understanding of victims? That's about as far as I got socionically. And if I was there I would of poured him a glass of water. Ease that mouth-smacking he had going on.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This man is delta, based on just that video... It seems weird to say that for this fellow...

Hard one, Joy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here's a hint: He's definitely Fe valuing.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI is the other thing I would consider.

Reasons (and they're not so good )

When I first saw the video, he reminded me of William Shattner. Cough. But he seems to be a rational type to me because he seems kind of steady, constant, and "rigid". So the other Beta ST would be possible.

He doesn't really resemble my uncle at all and I think my uncle is LSE.
    Last edited by marooned; 04-27-2008 at 10:03 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE is the type that stood out to me immediately. (Keep in mind he's pretty old.)

Definitely Se/Ni + Fe/Ti, in any case.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was pretty apparent (especially having heard him talk in other videos).
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking ESTj, but I see your point... Now that you mention Marlon Brando, I see it--older Marlon Brando, of course.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really see SLE (other than that i think he's a sensory type), but a video in which somebody rambles on about basic aspects of economic markets is not perhaps the best example of typing anybody.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a video in which somebody rambles on about basic aspects of economic markets is not perhaps the best example of typing anybody.
    I totally agree with this--also that he's a sensory subtype... Do you still think ESE, Niffweed?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I totally agree with this--also that he's a sensory subtype... Do you still think ESE, Niffweed?
    no; i can't really claim to have any idea what he is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the most i got out of this was "some sensory type" and i thought, "maybe EJ." not much more really. i agree with a lot of what niffweed has said. honestly joy i figured you were doing some "I BET YOU'RE GOING TO SAY LIE BECAUSE HE TALKS ABOUT BUSINESS BUT HE'S SO NOT LIE!" type test.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really see SLE (other than that i think he's a sensory type), but a video in which somebody rambles on about basic aspects of economic markets is not perhaps the best example of typing anybody.
    He's not just talking about economic markets though... much of what he talks about is how the professional money is out to deceive you and manipulate the market and take your money, and how you don't want to be part of "the herd", the 85% to 90% of traders who lose money.

In other videos he also talks about how these people can see where people's stops are and deliberately set the prices higher/lower for a very short period of time and then close low/high on the spread with the intention of tripping people's stops or enticing them into long positions which they'll only shake them out of later in a similar manner (catching their stops on the opposite side of the trading channel). These things only confirmed my initial SLE typing though. I'd heard about the stuff on the videos from my dad, and ss soon as I actually saw the guy I thought, "heh, I'll bet he's SLE" and then as soon as he started talking I though, "lol, yep".

Basically I'm saying that the manner in which he talks about these things suggest that he's a Fe valuing type. (You should see how my IEI dad eats that shit up.) It's also apparent that he's a Se/Ni type, imo... though I'm not sure how to explain why. It's just something he emanates. Anyways, I believe that the stuff this guy is saying is most likely accurate, but even so, the way he says it is almost embarrassing. It sounds like a politician or religious leader playing on people's fears.

The only reason I went with SLE over EIE is the way he says what he says. The way he presents himself is as an ESxx type, and if he was Fe dominant he would make better use of pauses and emphasis and facial expression and whatnot (basically he'd be a better speaker). The things he says could have been delivered in a much more powerful way if he'd wanted them to.

He also talks a good deal about how their method is "logical", something that you'll usually hear out of Ti types more than Te types. And I thought that in the video that I posted the manner in which he referenced 9/11 would be a big hint that he's a logical type.

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    the most i got out of this was "some sensory type" and i thought, "maybe EJ." not much more really. i agree with a lot of what niffweed has said. honestly joy i figured you were doing some "I BET YOU'RE GOING TO SAY LIE BECAUSE HE TALKS ABOUT BUSINESS BUT HE'S SO NOT LIE!" type test.
    Well, I thought that LIE would come up, but I thought other types would too... and that it would be interesting to see who picks out SLE as his type right away.

Anyways, this guys does the videos I've seen with him, and he appears he to be a more likely candidate for LIE, though I haven't decided for sure what type I think he is.

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only saw the first 10 seconds or so of the video - and amazingly enough my first thought was SLE. can't justify it... probably just some visual associations to other people that have been typed SLE. i wouldn't bet anything on it

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    probably just some visual associations to other people that have been typed SLE
    That's probably where my initial impression came from, but as I've said, it's been verified many times over in the videos I've seen.
    SEE