Thread: Ti + Se ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti + Se ?

Here is an assortment of quotes found from two individuals by simply googleing their name and quotes. No quotes were left out. I simply chose the first couple of pages with quotes from these individuals that I could find. EDIT: Sorry, actually I DID leave out a quote by the first person in which he directly commented his band in a way that would give out his identity a bit too quick. I meant to say, I didn't tamper with the quotes so as to promote a certain image.

Person 1.
    "It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”
    “I choose to live, not just exist.”
    “I'd rather regret doing something than not doing something.”
    “I'd like to have a beer-holder on my guitar like they have on boats.”
    “Sleep my friend, and you will see that dream is my reality.”
    “If I hadn't of had music in my life, it's quite possible I'd be dead and I'd much rather be alive.”
    “I like a women who's got some balls, some strength. As long as I can beat her at arm wrestling, that's fine.”
    “Regret? That's a screwed up word.”
    “When people start copying your style, you know that something must be happening.”
    “You've gotta keep fit to play that hard every night. Better order five more beers.”
    "There is something powerful in [my group], a will, a drive.
    "[He]'s pretty intense, put it that way. I love hunting; I love getting away and the quiet part of it all. I think he's a little opposite of that. Whack 'em and stack 'em, ya know."
    "If I'm hung over, I'd rather just stand on the side and play. We wanted to get a frontman but no one sang good enough so I just did both."

Person 2.
    "Loneliness sometimes gives me a quantity of creativeness - you're drinking another glass of wine and you're feeling even worse. Art doesn't work without pain; art also exists for compensating pain.''
    ''When I was an adolescent, I was obsessed with having many commercial things, cars, clothes, stupid things. Now that I have all that, I include/understand that the superfluous things can turn to you into a very stupid idiot-type. In East Germany there were very few things, but there was also a feeling of solidarity that no longer exists. Now we are up to the neck in consumption, the ego, the individualism. Now before friendship, it is merchandise.''
    ''The rolling "R" didn't arise deliberately. It originated from itself because in that deep pitch you automatically sing that way. I'm no musician in the actual meaning. I don't know anything about instruments. But I'm supporting our music with my voice and lyrics well. It's a question of illustration, timbre and phonetics. We don't want to - for heaven's sake - create a t-like style.''
    "Love is Chris Isaak and milk."
    "You've got a kind of inner store. When things aren't going well, you just go inside and get a glass of travel preserves for your soul, open it and fill up on it."
    "Whatever I want, I get, and if I don't, I have a cigarette."
    "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies."

Here are some image links to pictures of these two people, found from the first page of google images.

Person 1.
    http://papiohead.com/wallpapers/muzy...s_hetfield.jpg
    http://dantheman1969.files.wordpress...ape06_1024.jpg
    http://dantheman1969.files.wordpress...ick07_1024.jpg
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...2609990004.jpg
    http://www.autodogmatic.com/images/rockstar.jpg

Chosen were pics of size more than 100k

Of second person there were no pics of size more than 100k on the first couple of pages so first ones were chosen instead.

Person 2.
    http://www.gepek.faith.pl/galeria/ti...demann_100.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._lindemann.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Lindemann2.jpg
    http://www.btinternet.com/~rammstein_online/till1.jpg
    http://rammstein-europe.com/images/e...indemann-b.jpg
    http://mondefou86.lache-tes.com/pics...4428-Till1.jpg
    http://ca.geocities.com/sally_axon/t...till_wien1.jpg

Anyway. This is an answer to another thread that was hijacked and that I don't want to resurrect. In that thread it was the argument of another person that these two people are similar and that both are ISTj. I disagreed. Read, think a little, make up your minds in whatever way you wish. I think I've provided sufficient information and I need to go pay some bills. Good day to everyone.
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 04-01-2008 at 12:02 AM.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm.

Some of those quotes don't make sense. (I suppose context would help with that.)

What am I supposed to do, again? Decide which one, if any, is Ti+Se?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what types they are, but I am sure that I can't see any of them as an ISTj.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    "Whatever I want, I get, and if I don't, I have a cigarette."
    Best quote ever.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Hm.

Some of those quotes don't make sense. (I suppose context would help with that.)

What am I supposed to do, again? Decide which one, if any, is Ti+Se?
    Well, I don't want to push you into anything, but the point is that the imagery and the vocabulary seem very much different. I think it's possible that some of the second person's quotes were translated from german adding to the possibilities for misunderstanding. Anyway. Both people have german ancestry and both are vocalists for bands that are roughly connected by being in the metal genre. You can also make your own point if you want

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't want to push you into anything, but the point is that the imagery and the vocabulary seem very much different. I think it's possible that some of the second person's quotes were translated from german adding to the possibilities for misunderstanding. Anyway. Both people have german ancestry and both are vocalists for bands that are roughly connected by being in the metal genre. You can also make your own point if you want
    At this point, I have no point to make because... well, there's no point. I come from Germans, like them, but that's beside the point, too.

All I really have at the moment in excess is boundless curiosity.

Ok, being serious now, I do feel differences between the two sets of quotes. Would you like me to expand upon my sensings, or leave it at that?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I have no point to make because... well, there's no point. I come from Germans, like them, but that's beside the point, too.

All I really have at the moment in excess is boundless curiosity.

Ok, being serious now, I do feel differences between the two sets of quotes. Would you like me to expand upon my sensings, or leave it at that?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to put it as a task. Expand if you want to.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I didn't mean to put it as a task. Expand if you want to.
    I don't mind a task. But I don't want to give my opinion if you don't actually want it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind a task. But I don't want to give my opinion if you don't actually want it.
    I'd like to hear it on pm I think. I don't want to continue discussing this issue in public since how it got out of hand last time. But I would like to hear what you think about the issue.

You know, you return my faith in the possibility of virtue in mankind.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to hear it on pm I think. I don't want to continue discussing this issue in public since how it got out of hand last time. But I would like to hear what you think about the issue.

You know, you return my faith in the possibility of virtue in mankind.
    Is that so? I haven't even said anything relevant, except that I do sense a difference between those two sets of quotes (I didn't look at the pictures).

But PM is fine, if you like.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are clearly different types. My opinion for person #2 is Delta ST > Gamma NT, and person #1 could be TiSe.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    In some recent private messages, I developed some thoughts on why I think I am Ti > Fi and not particularly Ne-valuing (I am pretty narrow in my plans for the long run.) In my own mind, I've given beta NF some serious thought - that seemed necessary to consider for my case, if I was going to apply it to other cases of "type confusion" such as Phaedrus and hitta. I mentioned elsewhere though - I've concluded I should have more confidence in my thinking functions. And ultimately, I don't think I stake very much of my self-worth on anything directly Fe+Ni related.

So that leaves some Ti type as possible. In those same private messages, I developed an argument for a very Ti ISTj. (I also had some "aha" moments, thinking back to my high school days. I'm finally able to "see" some types there - which improved my perception of beta NF's greatly.) That's not without problems - because as this thread reminds me, the type of person I associate with ISTj-Se can be as off-putting as say, ESFp. And I am really put-off by career-driven ENFj-Ni's of the opposite sex. (Although ESFj-Si's aren't all that better - too "earthy", is maybe the right word for it?)

And also - wouldn't an Ne POLR type be a lot more categorical and decisive about this? It's been noted that sensors tend to self-type quickly, although on the other hand maybe when I encounter subjective material I'm not able to connect the dots quickly..

For now, I'll go with what I said in my last post. I would likely be a very Ti INTj, though - because I'm not particularly fond of muppets.
    Maybe you're an ISFj male.

As far as those two people go. ISTj for the first, definitely. The second, I'd call it an ENFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah I like very much both ISFj and INFp girls. Maybe that's why I tend to confuse them - both types are quite hot usually. But my suggestion for your type was a very bland one not to be taken seriously, really.

By the way, I also get along well with INTjs usually, so you're allowed to be one I have a very smart Ti-ISTj friend that can be almost as theoretical as an intuitor, while not considering himself as such, though. Hard to describe, but probably it is similar to the situation of an intuitor which has acquired a good taste in clothing, yet does not feel confident proclaiming himself as an expert.

You think Matt Damon's gf on screen in the departed is? ISFj or INFp?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    I thought she VI-ed very beta NF and the thing with Costigan seemed more beta than gamma. And her character was more friendly and open than ENFj I think. (possibly a point against Fe-ignoring too.)
    Oh now I remember. No way that woman was an irrational type, no way. ESFj, ENFj, even ISTj I could accept, but not INFp. Of course my typing is also influenced by the sharp facial features of the actress, but I think these are not separable issues.