Thread: Water fluoridation, dada, idle chat and terms of endearment

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Water fluoridation, dada, idle chat and terms of endearment.

This thread has been created to avoid derailing in the "hobo shit you do" thread. This thread is sane.

Below are some general rules of this thread. Why does a thread like this need rules? Because without rules there's only anarchy.
    Which is nice.
    1. In order to avoid hostility this forum has, please use terms of endearment, titles or other polite manners of speech when addressing someone.
    2. That is all. This is not a rule unless you want it to be.
    3. There's no topic.
    4. You can also make new rules. And disobey rules. Except this one. Yet.
    5. No offtopic.
    6. This rule is not yet finis

I had a discussion with jennifer but it was offtopic in the prior thread so I will continue it here.
    @jennifer

Here's Mr. Ripper explaining water fluoridation, pumpkin.

I didn't know you had kids, love? Swimming pools might make kids dumber but it is to be noted that dumb creatures take more delight in life although they are usually less ecological. Having a kid with Down's syndrome would be desirable to a true utilitarian parent.

Finnish (among other Nordics) have traditional laws that let you roam and camp fairly freely, kleines Fräulein, so you may easily visit those springs. And my hitchhike trip through Europe taught me that Finnish water is superior in taste, tap water included. There's nothing like drinking straight from a spring... And, yes, I can taste water differences. This is due to my deep affection for water. I used to "worship" water when I was a kid. The ritual only involved drinking lots of it greedily.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 08-27-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Rules have changed. Like you cared.. dear viewer.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Meh,Aqua,you definitely value Fe.anyway,

1)having a kid with down's syndrome means involving it into several activities destined to make it functional,self-sufficient and able to protect itself.otherwise,just get an abortion and stick to a pet turtle .although i guess that's one long talk .
    2)maybe you found finnish water to be superior because it could be colder.i've noticed that when the water is very cold ,bad taste is not so apparent.for example,when the nearest supermarket runs out of my fav bottled water brand,I can only buy one that's high in magnesium and it's way to sweet for my taste.but it is not so vomital when i put in in the fridge!!1!!@21
    3)pumpkin

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no reason to deny that a child with a Down's syndrome would be stressful to raise.

I prefer colder water but sometimes it's as warm as any water when it comes from a tap. But I think it's an acquired taste and I would probably think differently if I hadn't lived so long in Finland.
    By the way, why do you drink bottled water, angelface?
    How is the tap water in the states? Is it okay to drink it from, say, gas station restrooms?

Something occurred to me: I once started dating this girl I've known for some time. There wasn't really those kind of feelings It was decided when I was drunk and we changed the Facebook relation status and all. It was a joke but still an "official" relationship* even if the closest physical intimacy we had was a pat on the back or something along those lines. We didn't see much either. Then she started dating for real with this guy and I felt lonely for some reason. Then I realized that it was fun to "date" and to have a "girlfriend" even if it was just a joke and we didn't do anything. Just using those terms made it feel something, although not that much. And what comes to naming things, I'd like to hear if you or someone would find it offensive to do it within this thread.
    I'm also interested could people irrationally feel flattered if it happens like this. I just might be just that Fe HA.

*I actually lost a wager I made with my friend. It was about the initial letter of my next girlfriend. It was a prophecy from a beer can; you twist the metal opener piece back and forth going through the alphabet and when it breaks off that is the letter your next girlfriend's name will begin with. Fact.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    otherwise,just get an abortion and stick to a pet turtle .
    This
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it came obvious in the Abortion Thread how me and Agarina advocate slaughter for the fetuses (or feti eheh) as a solution for many problems.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...i don't understand whats going on.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

aqua,i live in greece ,not in the US. sure,tap water differs from region to region.on average,the bigger the city the shittier the water.as for the name thing,i think that it has some powerful effect even if people won't admit it and this is what happens with words in general.of course one can use it as a game to make some sort of a beginning.you know,half-jokingly to see if there will be a mutual response.kinda dorky IMO.

also,when it comes to abortions things are not black/white.I talked about it in a kind of absolute way but i do not advocate that down syndrome fetuses should be dropped no matter what.i don't think that there is a line that totally justifies abortion but not killing a born human and i also believe that full-blown abortion supporters are partly sociopaths.

dammit,you make me wanna open that stupid beer can i keep for emergencies.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 08-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I think it came obvious in the Abortion Thread how me and Agarina advocate slaughter for the fetuses (or feti eheh) as a solution for many problems.
    Planning is everything. You just have to move back in time in the time machine I created, meet your parents and the rest is history.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph
    How is the tap water in the states? Is it okay to drink it from, say, gas station restrooms?
    I don't trust tap water in any city/convenience area, but I've had to drink it quite a bit in the past. fluoridation is what it is, but I'm hard-pressed to believe it's dulled my pineal gland, hallucinogens notwithstanding; and the proportion of consumption between the two is far in favor of the latter, so... I think genetics have more influence than most think.

can't even say I'm against abortion, that implies accepting the redundancy of births in this country. humanitarianism has become its own kind of fluoridation, anyone out of line with it is diseased, so I still have a certain spartan nostalgia. overall I'd advocate a shift in evolutionary morality before expunging every unwanted fetus; there's a middle ground between prescriptive AI measures and post-modern hippy freewheeling.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    ...i don't understand whats going on.
    THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:'( <3
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seals. That's what's happening.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN
    Gilly don't be so rude to Fen please.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    :'( <3
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Gilly don't be so rude to Fen please.
    :-( I sry, is how I play...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy your presence, @Aquagraph.

I am for fluoridation of water. I think it's important and useful and should exist. Obvs too much fluoride can be harmful and cause softening of the enamel, but too much of anything is bad for you. I think I have pretty shitty teeth because, while my teeth were developing, I lived in backwoods KY with probably no fluoride. I keep meaning to check out the levels, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, I'm working on my dissertation now and it is stressful and sucks and I just want to be done. Then I have to go to work (I got a job at a bookstore) and kick ass. This is my first real shift, so that's bound to be exciting. I am pretty awesome at faking charm though. And then I'll be done with school. D: Everyone else around me is going abck to school next week, and next week is when I'm going to be done with school. It's.... weird. It doesn't feel right, I guess. I had a nightmare that I signed up for a bunch of classes at the university near here and it was a panic.

dude,fluoride is harmful and who cares about the teeth.just don't eat a lot of sugar or just brush them more often.it's one of those things you cannot just drop on the too-much-of-anything-is bad-anyway wagon.governments really need people like you.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    dude,fluoride is harmful and who cares about the teeth.just don't eat a lot of sugar or just brush them more often.it's one of those things you cannot just drop on the too-much-of-anything-is bad-anyway wagon.governments really need people like you.
    Where is anything that says a regulated amount of fluoride is bad for you? Moderate amount of fluoride in drinking water helps make stronger enamel and better teeth. There are studies everywhere that show it, and I've had multiple first-hand experiences with it both personally and professionally. Too much fluoride IS bad, and has the counter-effect of what you're aiming for. That's why children's toothpaste has a lower amount of fluoride in it; because kids are more likely to swallow the toothpaste. But in drinking water, it's regulated and accounted for.

I think the last thing the government needs is people who take into account actually evidence and the ability to think critically about things. It's not "jumping on a bandwagon" when you've seen and considered the evidence of fluoridated water vs non-fluoridated water and dental health lol. The argument against fluoridated water is almost as bad as the anti-vaccination one.

who says it's regulated everywhere?is it regulated in most regions? i dont think so.do you think it's better drinking water with just a tad bit more fluoride than the "proper" dose instead of no fluoride at all? (of course there is not only fluoride in there)

the same goes for the vaccines.i think that in many countries,the US included,vaccination is obligatory.do you think that kids should be fully vaccinated even if part of it may be a large-scale experimentation or not at all ? at least in my country, they do not get accepted at schools without having been vaccinated.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finnish (among other Nordics) have traditional laws that let you roam and camp fairly freely, kleines Fräulein, so you may easily visit those springs. And my hitchhike trip through Europe taught me that Finnish water is superior in taste, tap water included. There's nothing like drinking straight from a spring... And, yes, I can taste water differences. This is due to my deep affection for water. I used to "worship" water when I was a kid. The ritual only involved drinking lots of it greedily.
    It's also good in the Alps, especially the eastern part near the border between Slovenia-Austria-Italy, were the nature is wilder.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wild water rawr.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, aww, no one is following aqua's "rules," you little boogers.

I can see why having a psedu-relationship even by just the name could be seen as comforting. but it'll fall through and that's okay.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I finally see the reality now, Aquagraph is a real life version of Tyler Durden. O_O

Anyways, I'm pretty paranoid about water fluoridation and I've been using non-fluoridated toothpaste for years. Unfortunately it's almost unavoidable where I'm from as most affordable filters can't get rid of it completely. It's probably mostly harmful to children because they're still developing and as for adults it probably just numbs them mentally.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, good people of t16t, how common is being paranoid about this is in the States? I kinda thought it was considered as a tinfoil hat theory. I was never worried about this since it's uncommon to fluoride water here.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Wait, good people of t16t, how common is being paranoid about this is in the States? I kinda thought it was considered as a tinfoil hat theory. I was never worried about this since it's uncommon to fluoride water here.
    I can't speak about the U.S., but in Canada if I bring this up to anyone they pretty much look at me like I'm crazy.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most people here will stare at you with this bland bemusement if you try to explain fluoride's effects; the ones aware of it seem to have this scanner darkly alex jones bent ("don't brush your teeth mannn"), so I just avoid talking about it. though I do brush my teeth, but just enough to prevent plaque buildup and strengthen enamel without grating, and always wash my mouth out after. lol yeah, it's one hellah poisonous wasteland, but my hindbrain is connected to the mother ship by pixelated blotter, so it's all good.
    4w3-5w6-8w7