Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEEs-ENFps, music, and irregular rhythms

The two IEEs that I know of who sing and/or play music are both not very good at syncopated or otherwise irregular rhythms. They tend to wind up playing/singing it with a more straightforward, regular rhythm. Has anyone else noticed this with other IEEs, or is it just me? Are there any other types with similar difficulties? I'm curious now.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen is a composer, he might be pretty good at rhythms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwah? No, I have no problems with rhythm. It sounds like your friends might not be very musical in general. In fact, I really love jazz, blues, and a lot of other music where the rhythm might change.
    IEE

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR (or at least a weak correlation). My mom's probably IEE, and she sings jazz rather well. I'm trying to think of other IEE musicians I know... shrug. Will get back to you on that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Interesting. I just thought it odd that the two people I know who struggle most with syncopated rhythms are the two IEEs I know who do music. It may be nothing.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syncopated rhythms are hard at first I'll give you that. I take it that you have no problems with them? Could be correlated with static/dynamic.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean like in latin music where the whole flow of music is sycopated, not just a single passage?

I find it hard to play this kind of music and I'm not IEE, I have to keep attention to the underlying regular beat or I will loose it. (maybe that's what I'm doing wrong) I can handle "normal" syncopation, though. But when everything is displaced in time it gets harder. But it's cool.

Last edited by Nowisthetime; 04-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a difference between being a composer and messing around on a MIDI program.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    The two IEEs that I know of who sing and/or play music are both not very good at syncopated or otherwise irregular rhythms. They tend to wind up playing/singing it with a more straightforward, regular rhythm. Has anyone else noticed this with other IEEs, or is it just me? Are there any other types with similar difficulties? I'm curious now.
    I find the opposite. I can't stay focused on one rhythm for too long, that is why we can do jazz so well. Our minds naturally meander about the place, jumping from rhythm to rhythm.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twizzlestix View Post
    I find the opposite. I can't stay focused on one rhythm for too long, that is why we can do jazz so well. Our minds naturally meander about the place, jumping from rhythm to rhythm.
    That's how I am too. Although I don't play jazz..mostly rock. If there rhythm parts I'm fairly settled on, I still may play around them and be melodic. I don't like driving the same rhythm, for sure. I'm not really going for off beats or syncopation though. The underlying rhythm may be the same.

I don't think I'm IEE.. Just my 2c, from a similar perspective.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been playing the drums since I was 10 years old, and I regularly play music video games so my rhythm is pretty damn good, better than most of the people I know in person.

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Syncopational ability is tied to one's negritude and cannot be accounted for by socionics.
    I am 2.5% black, must be why.
    Last edited by Galen; 04-08-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ringo Starr is a pretty basic drummer. Keith Moon was too. Unless I'm missing something. He was cool, but he seemed like a straightforward drummer who was riding the symbols a lot.

Both seem like SFs to me (just saying).