Thread: Another Type Questionaire (as inspired by Sifting)

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another Type Questionaire (as inspired by Sifting)

I hope this isn’t inappropriate; I was inspired by @siftings Typing Thread since the questions on it seemed so insightful to contemplate and interesting to sort through. I didn’t want to clog up the thread so thought I’d make my own. I’m unsure who decided these questions/topics but I have to say they are brilliant. Here are my answers; as always, any feedback welcome. I consider myself to be some sort of introvert and an ethical.

Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Awe inspiring and subjective; inciting deep inexplicable feelings. Personal aesthetic taste is beauty. Deep commitment, compassion, being emotionally supportive of another, finding joy and excitement at everything about them...that’s love.

2. What are your most important values?
    Loyalty, compassion, creativity, hope.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I was Christened, and I do believe in a higher power in the world, and see the similarities in ideas between different religious dogma. I believe there are moral truths in the Bible, though it is mostly full of beautiful metaphors to try and explain to those of the past about the way the world and everything in it is. Religion and science I do think can be combined, different approaches to the same phenomenon. I came to these ideas by myself. Learning about religion and science in school and the teachers telling us that they can’t be reconciled I guess made me actively seek out common ground. I like to find connection in everything.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War terrifies me. However I am glad that we have military and there are those out there who will defend and protect us. Power to me is something that I lack - personal confidence and public presence. Enduring. It is willpower that doesn’t falter. Powerful people are listened to. They can use their words for manipulative ends or for defending.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I like to talk about history and mythology/folklore, art such as fiction, paintings, music. Things that stimulate my imagination and provide me with adventurous and/or idealised mental imagery, and to give me a sense of connectedness to the wider world, past and present. I also tend to have long conversations with others about their thoughts, feelings, what interesting has happened to them; though I mostly let them do the talking and I listen (while psychoanalysing lol).

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I am very squeamish about medical topics. I do have a blood phobia actually so that’s maybe why. Also I have known people who have gotten sick with various forms of cancer, wishing for their recovery and hoping for that to be so, yet unfortunately they died because of the disease. Health frightens me. That said, I worry if someone I know or even myself is sick; imagining worst case scenarios and alarming diagnosis.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    Um...must be done, part of routine. A duty but boring. It’s nice to zone out and travel elsewhere mentally if you can.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I enjoy fantasy fiction. I’m currently reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfus; it’s been harrowing in places but overall gripping and just pure magic. A Song of Ice and Fire I devoured about 7 Summers ago, then watched Game of Thrones the series...I even joined Tumblr to follow themed blogs. At school further back in time (10 years ago) me and a few friends were obsessed with Twilight Saga. I’ll admit now it was corny but I LOVED vampire romances (and still do love...cringe). There was something compelling about the concept of a normal teen girl’s life suddenly becoming full of supernatural powers, adventures and romance.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    When I’ve been anxious, feeling criticised or pushed around, believing I’m a failure, when embarrassed, stressed, tired, watching a bittersweet and harrowing scene, hearing about and imagining others misfortunes. I smile when relaxed around others, savouring each other’s company, at cute things like babies and bunnies, to be polite.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    When walking alone with my thoughts, taking in the picturesque scenery or visiting a historical venue I.e. castle...I admire the pure beauty, imagine the interactions and events that could have occurred there giving myself a little role of ‘detective’ trying to uncover the mysteries and truth of the place.

Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People comment how quiet and shy I am, that I am ‘too nice’ and give people too many chances without standing up for myself or anything. I personally dislike how overwhelmed I can become in conflict or emotionally charged situations, how invisible I can be, how I am not making a meaningful impact on the world, my appearance I dislike.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I’ve been told I am supportive and patient with others, seem to calm others down. Good literary skills even from young age, quick to pick up new skillS. I like my ability to keep on trying despite setbacks and for giving emotional support to others.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I’d like help in how to dress nicely, stress busting tips to keep calm, self esteem, how to interact in a romantic setting, financial planning I.e saving,

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. Because of being stagnant in a low paid high stress job. I detached from everything in life that gave me hope and motivation. I cried myself to sleep a lot. Though over the time period I resolved to myself that I would change my job and be in a better headspace. It’s taken about a year but I now am in a better paid job that is closer to home and workload wise is less hectic and more positive environment. So it worked.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like loyalty, confidence, curiosity (a desire to grow as a person and be open minded), calmness/composure (like they have their baggage together and are non phased by any obstacles), helpfulness/support, encouraging, proactive. I dislike it when people are over critical of someone else’s efforts or when they act as if they are morally and intellectually superior
    I.e ‘I’m right, you’re wrong. You’re bad and stupid for not thinking or feeling as I do’.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Something I want but it panics me. Perhaps not type related though since I have never had a partner for dating or more. I do have fears that I am not worthy of romance and intimacy for some reason - so a partner that liked me as I am and let me know in clear terms that they did and that their feelings wouldn’t change.::I’d appreciate that. I would probably go better with a more confident proactive partner, I’d want them to be patient and considerate of my reservations, not seeing them as signs that I am fussy frigid or disinterested but as barriers that they can overcome with me together.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I’d want them to be happy, safe and healthy most of all. I’d want to foster their imagination from a young age, most likely by reading to them and encouraging imaginary play. I’d also focus on emotionally supporting them. I think I’d find it so hard to scold them!

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I would go mute on the conversation, let them go off on their rant. Inwardly I may consider their opinion and weigh it against my own but would not feel compelled to challenge their belief. Each to their own. Depending on the context of the clash, such as clash of preferences vs values i would either stay close with someone or distance I.e. my friend likes fire, I like water. We stay friends and the difference of our preferences amuses me. My friend likes murder, I like reviving people. We grow apart since our MOs are incompatible. Lol extreme examples but the only way I could think of explaining.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I want to find a meaningful place, my place in the world. I am invisible and on the fringes yet take deep interest in how people behave within theirselves and with each other in relationships. I’m a dryad on the forest fringes of society. I linger and observe, but will hide in my metaphorical tree if society tries to impose itself on my individuality. Social problem right now is too much arguing and ego one upping each other, not enough cooperation and altruism. Social media sadly gives us a shallow and fragile sense of esteem.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don’t specifically choose friends? I guess I try to be on equal good terms with everyone and am open to be invited out by others, if I feel at ease and accepted around them. With my close friends and family I do share more of my private thoughts and emotions than when I am with acquaintances or colleagues.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    Polite, mostly trusting, little nervous but try to be cordial despite anxiety. If I am having a bad day with my social anxiety I will flat out avoid all strangers and feel threatened.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFx is blatantly obvious. "War terrifies me, I'm too nice, I'd find it hard to scold people ." These all sound very obviously indicative of ethics + 1D Se. The only thing here to debate is whether you are IEI or EII. I'd lean towards IEI personally.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Loyalty => Fi-dom.

Strong belief in religion => Delta.

Very likely EII.

Additional:

"I dislike it when people are over critical of someone else’s efforts or when they act as if they are morally and intellectually superior
    I.e ‘I’m right, you’re wrong. You’re bad and stupid for not thinking or feeling as I do’. => Born to correct LSE's bad traits.

" I want...a partner that liked me as I am and let me know in clear terms that they did and that their feelings wouldn’t change." => Describes a Caregiver

"I would probably go better with a more confident proactive partner, I’d want them to be patient and considerate of my reservations, not seeing them as signs that I am fussy frigid or disinterested but as barriers that they can overcome with me together." => Describes the good features of an LSE. SLE's are not that patient, I think

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    INFx is blatantly obvious. "War terrifies me, I'm too nice, I'd find it hard to scold people ." These all sound very obviously indicative of ethics + 1D Se. The only thing here to debate is whether you are IEI or EII. I'd lean towards IEI personally.
    Thank you for the feedback. I’m finding it hard to tell the difference between those two types and also objectively analyse which profile fits me better; I can see a case for both though have been told in the past that EII is more likely OR that I seem Ip Fe creative Te polr - contradicting feedback! Brain boggling :0 I have had some friends in a Socionics Facebook be insistent that I am EII THEN when we got talking more and closer turned around to say ‘actually you scream Se seeking and IEI is bloody obvious now!’ So yeah, long story short, I am so unsure of which NF I am and I suppose others are too...I internally can see cases for both. The trick perhaps is just to stop overthinking and step back from typology, focus more on psychoanalysing...woops I mean typing others ;D (easier said than done).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Or you could just hang out with some SLE's and some LSE's and see which you prefer. Be aware, though, it is common for IEI's to date LSE's. Just not for long. One to two years, max.

I don't see many EII's dating SLE's. Not if there is an LSE around.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Or you could just hang out with some SLE's and some LSE's and see which you prefer. Be aware, though, it is common for IEI's to date LSE's. Just not for long. One to two years, max.

I don't see many EII's dating SLE's. Not if there is an LSE around.
    the trick is finding some ha : I don’t exactly frequent a lot of spots that SLEs would. I’d maybe be more likely to meet one or LSEs at like work - that’s where most of my networking is done. I’m not much of a big group mixer or meet a lot of people outside of work.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

one thing I think is true about Se seeking is its really hard to gauge from statements alone, because everyone wants someone to take them out and show them a good time on occassion. I think Se seeking in the socionics sense is actually wanting people to be hyperactive so you can manipulate their initiative. in other words Se is trying to treat everything like a competition and Ni thinks they can win not by force-on-force confrontation but by using precisely that mindset to their advantage. so Se seeking becomes giving people openings to be abusive an so forth so you can turn it around on them, its a kind of fake weaknesss designed to lure predators and so forth. this is obviously its most grotesque version in extreme outline in order to illustrate the point, but I hope you get the idea. if you watch people you will see them behave in this way. I don't really detect that kind of minefield-laying from you, so I would not guess IEI (unless its so sophisticated you've suckered me ) in any case, any expression desiring initiative is not enough, look to how they actually act, of which statements are only a small part, see if theres a pattern of luring people as a kind of modus operandi, by starting arguments, creating openings, acting passive in a theatrical but nevertheless serious way (other types can lampoon this but its not the same), being provocative in small ways, so on and so forth. victim/aggressor dynamics are all about trying to get the upper hand on eachother and each having a full tool kit in order to do so. if that sounds downright disgusting, and you're being honest, then you're probably not IEI. if you think I'm being an asshole right now then you probably are IEI. for example I guarantee you someone is reading this right now and can't believe how rude I'm being or whatever. if you appreciate the information then its more Te seeking. if you're thinking about how this has created some kind of power situation that is more Se/Ni

people latch onto the most generic and universal statements and draw conclusions but the theory is way more sophisticated than that. its like Se is more about the outer appearance of things and how to manipulate it into a preferred configuration, not about wanting someone to take you out or get you involved in stuff, although in some sense you can see how that superficially applies: "I want x to take me out" is about wanting your appearance to be somewhere else, like me + movie theatre, but the Se seeking comes in with what are you doing to make that happen. Se polr is about not admitting certain tactics in order to make that happen, whereas Se seeking is like setting it up. generally TeFi can just circumvent that through sincerity and plans, there's much less of a power element where someone is winning and losing and the ledger is running the whole time over who owes who what. its more like people genuinely try their best without turning it into a competition

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those answers to the questionnaires are just a single snapshot of your particular thoughts at a particular time from a vast and deep amount of total thoughts, both conscious and unconscious, that we are not even aware of. If you answer those questions 10 years from now, you will likely answer those questions differently.

So you might fit IEI or EII, but does it really matter? If you completely fit the description of a type, does it mean that you will be acting like that for the rest of your life? Probably not.

You might prefer neither LSE or SLE, or perhaps you might prefer both. And how do you even know if you typed them correctly or not? This kind of thing just really goes nowhere, and it's obvious.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand Well I’m not consciously aware of setting up situations or provoking others. Or turning situations around onto others: going by you’re ideas, I don’t honestly relate to the IEI as presented. I think I lack those social smarts and ability to manoeuvre people even subtly; though i am able to get on well with others and come across as charming, I just don’t think about getting my own way..but that said this maybe isn’t type related at all. Anyone can be provocative after all or enioyncompetion.

i have tended to judge myself against others progress I.e. most of my peers are living in their own place, have a partner, kids, cars, had full time jobs when I was still at college..I have felt inferior for not being on the same chapter as them but deep down now after a lot of soul searching and mindfulness I am accepting that my speed and path is of a different nature than most people I know, and that it’s ok for me to be ‘slower’. I’m not sure that my comparisons are more in completion spirit or not? I mean I have a better paid job now and closer to home, also my own car...and I feel guilty in some ways that I am not on the same level as my closer friends who don’t work as much hours or earn as much; feeling like I am undeserving of the progress. Competitive? No. I guess I dislike falling behind and believe that I am inferior to my peers. Yet also if I achieve my goals and make improvements in my life I feel worried that I am undeserving.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Those answers to the questionnaires are just a single snapshot of your particular thoughts at a particular time from a vast and deep amount of total thoughts, both conscious and unconscious, that we are not even aware of. If you answer those questions 10 years from now, you will likely answer those questions differently.

So you might fit IEI or EII, but does it really matter? If you completely fit the description of a type, does it mean that you will be acting like that for the rest of your life? Probably not.

You might prefer neither LSE or SLE, or perhaps you might prefer both. And how do you even know if you typed them correctly or not? This kind of thing just really goes nowhere, and it's obvious.
    You have a completely valid point. See, I’m hung up on all this self and other people discovery stuff, but now to the point where I am overthinking the theory and every little thing I do. So I do need to consider ‘does it really matter?’ Most likely not. Now it feels vital though down the line i know it’ll not matter so much my type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You might believe that type doesn’t matter until you marry your conflictor.

Speculations and theoretical arguments are entertaining distractions, but eventually you get to take those ideas to the race track where the rubber hits the road.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You might believe that type doesn’t matter until you marry your conflictor.

Speculations and theoretical arguments are entertaining distractions, but eventually you get to take those ideas to the race track where the rubber hits the road.
    Thats true. One of the reasons why I have been so guarded in relationships, even in friendships...at least at first. I just don’t want to be risky, jumping in then turning around feeling misunderstood, uneasy, upset even as I grow to realise that the person I became close to, that actually we cause each other mutual upset and bad feelings. I think I’d rather be alone than be in a relationship dynamic that turbulent and unsatisfactory.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    Thats true.
    In any IR typology may help to understand what is wanted from you. You need to work for good relations, for duals - it's easier than for other types.

> I just don’t want to be risky, jumping in then turning around feeling misunderstood, uneasy, upset even as I grow to realise that the person I became close to, that actually we cause each other mutual upset and bad feelings.

Complications are not only from the types. But the worst - to use typology is risky due to mistyping. After years you have doubts even in own type. To type correctly other human is also not guaranteed.

> I think I’d rather be alone than be in a relationship dynamic that turbulent and unsatisfactory.

Choose by the heart the man which you see as your soul friend. It's not only from types. Even in formally bad IR you may do a lot to improve the relations to both felt better in them. Any relations need efforts.
    The rest is much easier to satisfy you - most people are attractive sexually and enough not stupid for marriages.
    Do not choose as _the main_ by the sexual attraction, money, anything besides friendship attraction. Then allow yourself to love unconditionally.

To use the typology you'd need good typing skills. Or you may do the mistake with more chance, than by choosing the pair by the heart. It may take monthes of IRL communication to check someone type even when your typing skills would be above average.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    You have a completely valid point. See, I’m hung up on all this self and other people discovery stuff, but now to the point where I am overthinking the theory and every little thing I do. So I do need to consider ‘does it really matter?’ Most likely not. Now it feels vital though down the line i know it’ll not matter so much my type.
    Well I'd suppose the question is, is it enough to say that "people have these feelings and thinking, and that's that"? (as it would depend on what those feelings and thinking would lead to). Well you could say the same for any psychology, neuroscience, etc. that try to get at the bottom of the question. Humans have the potential to understand anything, including something on the other side of the universe (they also have the potential to create anything new). So how can you understand something that has the potential to understand everything? Does that mean that you'll need to understand everything, in order to understand humans? That could actually be the case.

So I would think that it is possible that something like "types" could potentially exist underneath all the surfaces of people, but I would think that the influence of these basal biologically determined features would be very very faint, because there's so much other stuff that's on top of it, such as rationality, ideas, psychology, cultures, etc. There's also the fact that morality is about going AGAINST our biological imperatives, which is ultimately based on rationality. It is true that some people may have more feeling, more thinking, etc, but that's not nearly the complete picture in why they act the way that they do.

We have stopped biologically evolving a while ago, around 100,000 years ago, and the people in those times are indistinguishable from people living today, and yet they are still vastly different people in how they act and how they think. So how can it be that Socionics is something biological? That can't be the complete explanation. And if Socionics is something psychological and sociological, then why don't the rules and the laws of Socionics change in the period of decades or centuries?

So what's rather happening right now, is the evolution of ideas, the evolution of thoughts, the evolution of cultures, etc. There is no longer natural selection, it's not the people that die out or sexually select, but rather it's the (bad) ideas that die out.