Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any insights into my functions, por favor?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    "Confirmed MBTI INFJ, so IEI sounds about right I guess."

The force of ENFJ I suspect in you. A video should you make to check it.
    Not much Fe here, I'm afraid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    Not much Fe here, I'm afraid.
    If you assumed yourself as Fi in some time, there is a higher chance for F.
    I doubt in base Te as they try to be more polite in general talking. While close ENFJ - may to be such.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you assumed yourself as Fi in some time, there is a higher chance for F.
    I doubt in base Te as they try to be more polite in general talking. While close ENFJ - may to be such.
    I've done a lot of stuff since posting this thread. Got married and had kids, for one. Changed jobs and career path... done a lot of growing up. I also spent some time moving in the professional type circle over here in the UK. MBTI, mind. I got talking to quite a few well-credentialed practitioners. Even sparked a few friendships; they were quick to point out my blatant Te once they were comfortable with me. I debated them over this endlessly, which humoured them no end - apparently, it'd take a strong Te user to be so arrogant as to debate experts on topics pertaining to their own field. I mean, whatever - I guess.

So yeah, I'm Te. I identify a lot with things like shitty Fi, auxiliary Ni... that sort of thing.

ENTj.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

they were quick to point out my blatant Te
    You still may to be Ti type or creative Te. Also F is not excluded as all those "professionals" have significant typing mismatch - tens %. MBTI test itself has repeating of result after a year near 40% or maybe higher, <70% anyway.
    Without video it's hard to be sure in someone's type.
    While the only good way to be sure in own type lies through studing of typology, typing people near (and the most meaningful ones in your past) and then checking how your intuitive impressions from them fit to IR theory. Such checking takes about a year, according to my own experience - then you should find the type which fits to theory ok. From the start I typed those people by tests, analysis of behavior and intuitive impressions from their nonverbal behavior, - what appeared to be enough for the task.

> So yeah, I'm Te. I identify a lot with things like shitty Fi, auxiliary Ni... that sort of thing.

So I doubt without video, as you have strange behavior for that type.
    I'm base Te and prefer to be more polite except cases when I get fun or become angry, what seems was other case.
    To have suggestive Fi = to try be "good one" to don't loose people's sympathy without significant reasons. So base Te talk a little softer.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RL vs internets.

I'm known for being polite / charming in RL.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, couldn't answer properly last night as I was with the kids.

You still may to be Ti type or creative Te. Also F is not excluded as all those "professionals" have significant typing mismatch - tens %. MBTI test itself has repeating of result after a year near 40% or maybe higher, <70% anyway.
    Normally I'd agree, but these guys were the best of the bunch. I'm not saying they are infallible, but I'd be very surprised if they'd be confused by F and T. Anyway, once it was pointed out to me / we'd debated it, clarity was had.

Without video it's hard to be sure in someone's type.
    The last time I shot a video around, the general consensus was ENTJ. That was back in 2012 or so - and at a time I still thought I was xNFJ. Apparently, my Te was as clear as day to everyone but myself. I read too much into the stereotypes I guess; I'm not typically known for being a bullish 'take charge' sort of person. I'm actually quite polite and considerate - but that's just a veneer, I guess. Lessons learned, and all that; earlier on in life I inadvertently made quite a few enemies because of my blunt nature.

So I doubt without video, as you have strange behavior for that type.
    I'm base Te and prefer to be more polite except cases when I get fun or become angry, what seems was other case.
    To have suggestive Fi = to try be "good one" to don't loose people's sympathy without significant reasons. So base Te talk a little softer.
    Again, internet vs real life.

Thanks for the input, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Normally I'd agree, but these guys were the best of the bunch.
    All those "best of the bunch" have several tens % of typing mismatch according to what I saw in Socionics and doubt there is other in MBT. While the mentioned consensus of "forums dudes" means lesser.

> I'm actually quite polite and considerate - but that's just a veneer, I guess. Lessons learned, and all that; earlier on in life I inadvertently made quite a few enemies because of my blunt nature.

Sure, it's not absolute. But it's enough for doubts for me. I may compare you with myself (including my Internet communication) and understand that would never talked in such way in this situation. Except maybe I'd was under alcohol and wanted fun. ENFJ may, but not common for base Te types. Also are possible other T variants.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scanning the OP, Ni lead seems likely. Definitely not LIE.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted when I was 27.

I'm 32 in a couple of weeks.

I was in a pretty shit place back then; these days I'm back to my normal self. I was likely talking out of my arse. Truth be told I haven't even bothered re-reading it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123