0 0%

Thread: Kelly Brianne Clarkson

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kelly Brianne Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson: Fe-dominant type [EIE-Fe or ESE-Fe (Dominant subtype)]

"I will not make the same mistakes that you did / I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery / I will not break the way you did/You fell so hard / I've learned the hard way to never let it get that far / Because of you I never stray too far from the sidewalk / Because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt / Because of you I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me / Because of you I am afraid / I lose my way/And it's not too long before you point it out / I cannot cry because I know that's weakness in your eyes / I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh everyday of my life / My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with . . . I was so young/You should have known better than to lean on me / You never thought of anyone else . . . And now I cry in the middle of the night for the same damn thing . . . Because of you I try my hardest just to forget everything / Because of you I don't know how to let anyone else in / Because of you I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty / Because of you I am afraid . . ."

"We come into this world unknown/But know that we are not alone / They try and knock us down / But change is coming; it's our time now // Hey… everybody loses it / Everybody wants to throw it all away sometimes / And hey… yeah I know what you're going through / Don't let it get the best of you, you'll make it out alive // People like us, we've gotta stick together / Keep your head up, nothing lasts forever / Here's to the damned, to the lost and forgotten / It's hard to get high when you're living on the bottom . . . We are all misfits living in a world on fire . . . Sing it for the people like us, the people like us // Hey, this is not a funeral / It's a revolution, after all your tears have turned to rage / Just wait, everything will be okay / Even when you're feeling like it's going down in flames . . . We are all misfits living in a world on fire . . . You've just gotta turn it up loud when the flames get higher . . . Sing it for the people like us, the people like us / They can't do nothing to you, they can't do nothing to me / This is the life that we choose, this is the life that we bleed / So throw your fists in the air; come out, come out if you dare / Tonight we're gonna change forever . . ."

'Remember all the things we wanted / Now all our memories, they're haunted / We were always meant to say goodbye / Even with our fists held high / It never would have worked out right, yeah / We were never meant for do or die / I didn't want us to burn out / I didn't come here to hurt you—now I can't stop / I want you to know that it doesn't matter where we take this road—someone's gotta go / And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better / But I want you to move on/So I'm already gone / Looking at you makes it harder / But I know that you'll find another that doesn't always make you wanna cry / It started with the perfect kiss/Then we could feel the poison set in / "Perfect" couldn't keep this love alive / You know that I love you so / I love you enough to let you go . . . You can't make it feel right when you know that it's wrong / I'm already gone, already gone / There's no moving on / So I'm already gone . . .'

"Are you there? / Are you watching me? / As I lie here on this floor / They say you feel what I do / They say you’re here every moment / Will you stay? / Stay ‘till the darkness leaves / Stay here with me / I know you’re busy, I know I’m just one / But you might be the only one who sees me / The only one to save me / Why is it so hard? / Why can’t you just take me? / I don’t have much to go before I fade completely / Can you feel how cold I am? / Do you cry as I do? / Are you lonely up there all by yourself? / Like I have felt all my life / The only one to save mine / How are you so strong? / What’s it like to feel so free? / Your heart is really something / Your love, a complete mystery to me / Are you there watching me? / As I lie here on this floor / Do you cry, do you cry with me? / Cry with me tonight / Are you there? / Are you watching me? // You're not worth it babe / The trouble you bring the noise you keep / And you don't even care / I'm so sick of you babe / Nights wasted, I'm through faking / You don't turn me on / You don't do anything at all / Baby I can't stand the sight of your face / Baby I don't even want to hear your name / Don't know what I saw / But are you seeing it now? . . . Guess I fell too fast / Guess I learned my lesson / So much for true love / I'll take this chivas instead / You're too high maintenance, babe / All the time you spent trying to fit in and no one even cares / It's so ridiculous, babe / Watching you turn as I burn / It's like you're not even there . . ."

http://www.oprah.com/entertainment/K...reening-Room/9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stronge...m)#Development

"This album was influenced by Prince, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Radiohead and there’s a little bit of a Country vibe/influence on a couple of songs."
    Last edited by HERO; 04-24-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“ . . . You think you got the best of me / Think you've had the last laugh / Bet you think that everything good is gone / Think you left me broken down / Think that I'd come running back / Baby you don't know me ‘cause you're dead wrong / What doesn't kill you makes you stronger / Stand a little taller / Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone / What doesn't kill you makes a fighter / Footsteps even lighter / Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone / What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger / Just me, myself and I . . . You didn't think that I'd come back / I'd come back swinging / You try to break me, but you see/What doesn't kill you makes you stronger . . . Thanks to you I got a new thing started / Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted / Thanks to you I'm finally thinking about me / You know in the end, the day you left was just my beginning . . .”

“ . . . And all you'd ever hear me say is how I pictured me with you / That's all you'd ever hear me say / But since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time / I'm so moving on . . . How can I put it? You put me on / I even fell for that stupid love song . . . How come I'd never hear you say ‘I just wanna be with you’ / I guess you never felt that way . . . You had your chance you blew it / Out of sight, out of mind / Shut your mouth, I just can't take it/Again and again and again and again / Since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time / I'm so moving on . . .”

- Robert Christgau:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...Kelly+Clarkson

Breakaway [RCA, 2004]
    Unlike young Hilary Duff, 23-year-old Clarkson feels the responsibilities of stardom, which demand melodramatic overkill. The doctors give her stronger pills than, say, Clay Aiken--the prefab kissoff of "Walk Away," the new wave heartbreak of "Since U Been Gone," "Because of You" may just describe an occurrence, here's the verb "implode," and "There's no light at the end of the tunnel/Just a bridge that I gotta burn" could hold up its end of a bargain. None of these survives Clarkson's larger-than-life ambitions or compressed-to-oppress production regimen. But she may have a heart, and it may end up in the right place. B-

All I Ever Wanted [RCA, 2009]
    Striving to master the popular art of enacting humongous feelings in lieu of comprehending them or conveying them ("My Life Would Suck Without You," "I Do Not Hook Up"). *

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't she typed ENTj at places? idk. i tend to confuse ESFjs and ENTjs at 1st glance.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LIE-Te is my guess - there is a lack of emotional inflection in her voice, some kind of flatness for which she compensates by amping up her volume, but that's not Fe (ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcvvOZ6LQ1g)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Interviewer: “Who’s your favorite current pop star? Who do you love?”

- Kelly Clarkson: “I’m in between Imagine Dragons, Kacey Musgraves, and Florence and the Machine right now. Those are my, probably, top three faves.”

- Interviewer: “ . . . who’s the middle one?”

- Kelly Clarkson: “Kacey Musgraves. Oh my god, you’re gonna love it! . . . Her record is like Jagged Little Pill in country music. It’s like, you know, what Alanis [Morissette] did in pop at that time — everything was so pop and nobody talked too deep. And her [Kacey Musgraves’] record is just man! — she just knocked it out of the ball park, it’s amazing.”

- HERO: I think Kacey Musgraves might be LSI-Ti (Normalizing subtype) [ISTj-INFj or ISTj-ISFj]; or ESI or EII

I guess my Mom must be SEI. Here are some things she said about Kelly Clarkson’s music and voice:

“She’s the worst singer I ever heard . . . . the mentally disturbed normal North Americans.”

“Such a bad singer. Extremely bad. Comparing to the others, they have to choose someone.”

“I really hate that voice. I really don’t like her voice.”

“She has such a bad voice. I don’t know why you like her so much.”

“I don’t like her at all. I don’t like her voice at all.”

“Such a trivial voice. She doesn’t have any originality at all.”

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember voting her to stardom back in the day... she has an amazing voice, but i'm not a huge fan of the songs she sings now.

To me she seems quite a bit like forum members @applejacks and @Kim, so i'm going to put in a vote for IEE, but no strong feelings either way.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    LIE-Te is my guess - there is a lack of emotional inflection in her voice, some kind of flatness for which she compensates by amping up her volume, but that's not Fe ]
    That's kind of what i'm getting from her songs now, but back when she won American Idol, the emotion in her singing was one thing i liked about her a lot. She's lost it though, i agree.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-ENTj makes sense for her. I also like E3 + so/sx. There's this thing with E3 artists that always feel so clean and technically polished, but ultimately iterative and lacking some innately human touch. Jason Derulo, Carlos Santana, Kanye, the Clarkson, etc.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks fat one day and then skinny the next.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's getting to remind me of Caroline Rhea, who is probably some Te-LXE E3 by my reckoning.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, she's put on a bit of weight. I know, I know, if she was a guy I would say the exact same thing. She had a kid and can afford the food, plus TExas, so its understandable. The charm is pretty LIE, ime. I mean, what other NT could she be?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE right?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEE ...?

that's my picture of Kim (in broad lines)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    IEE ...?

that's my picture of Kim (in broad lines)
    would an IEE write a song like "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"? Valued Se imo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP, ENFP

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)