Thread: Do Betas like the movie "Wanted"?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do Betas like the movie "Wanted"?

Do betas like that movie?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked that movie. It was one of the best this summer.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVED it. And yes, I think it was pretty beta. It was essentially like a more grotesque version of the matrix or something. Same themes of timelessness, essence, fate, etc. The special effects were quite brilliant, albeit a bit exaggerated at times. But the motifs, symbols, etc. were very cleverly crafted IMO, yet one could easily miss them if they get too caught up in the action.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I LOVED it. And yes, I think it was pretty beta. It was essentially like a more grotesque version of the matrix or something. Same themes of timelessness, essence, fate, etc. The special effects were quite brilliant, albeit a bit exaggerated at times. But the motifs, symbols, etc. were very cleverly crafted IMO, yet one could easily miss them if they get too caught up in the action.
    I just watched.
    That's how I felt - like a sort of "more beta" Matrix.

I felt like leaving the movie quite a few times because it struck me as rather trite and sort of fantastical in a pointless way. One of my friends liked it a lot, but I felt like I was reading some some of pointless fiction story. I definitely wouldn't watch it again - I didn't feel like I "got anything" from the movie at all.

It seemed very beta, and very flashy... "What the fuck have you done lately?", the big closing line, and I wanted to ask people here what they thought. When he was getting beaten down constantly, and then finally said "boohoo sniffle -- I'm here because I DON"T KNOW WHO I AM!!" - and then was like "ah, I found my purpose, I must train...." - it struck me as so beta. And then back to the conclusion, about how he's living his life and being a radical person. I did like the "living your own life" part, but the movie as a whole was not really appealing. A super hero with magic tricks telling me to live my life and not be ordinary seems self defeating.

- On a "deeper level", I kind of wonder what would make people want to pay money to see it or buy it. I didn't pay to see it, and I saw it to spend time with a friend who wanted to. I wonder why people make movies like that in terms of what people "get" out of them, so if you want, explain what you liked about the movie. I'm not asking that rhetorically, I just really want to try to understand it.

- Angelina Jolie: the only thing about the movie I liked, but I couldn't help feeling like it was the worst AJ movie I've ever seen. Seeing peoples teeth get knocked out and exploding foreheads with bullets... but no AJ ass or tats, and one kiss - was very disappointing. It was like she was shifted into this really standard fairy tale, and definitely not highlighted. If Morgan Freeman and AJ are together in a movie, it shouldn't be like that. I felt sorry for both of them. (FTR, I liked Tomb Raider better than this movie)

I mean, compare this movie to The Matrix series or The Dark Knight - both had MUCH more substance to me. Wanted was kind of just... "standard issue movie".

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I just watched.
    That's how I felt - like a sort of "more beta" Matrix.
    Yeah, a few steps down from it.

I felt like leaving the movie quite a few times because it struck me as rather trite and sort of fantastical in a pointless way. One of my friends liked it a lot, but I felt like I was reading some some of pointless fiction story. I definitely wouldn't watch it again - I didn't feel like I "got anything" from the movie at all.
    I don't know. Throughout the whole movie, I found myself following these more spiritual NiTi themes with fascination. They weren't all specific to the movie; I correlated it with matrix, etc., so it was sort of like a philosophical trip for me.

It seemed very beta, and very flashy... "What the fuck have you done lately?", the big closing line, and I wanted to ask people here what they thought. When he was getting beaten down constantly, and then finally said "boohoo sniffle -- I'm here because I DON"T KNOW WHO I AM!!" - and then was like "ah, I found my purpose, I must train...." - it struck me as so beta. And then back to the conclusion, about how he's living his life and being a radical person. I did like the "living your own life" part, but the movie as a whole was not really appealing. A super hero with magic tricks telling me to live my life and not be ordinary seems self defeating.
    The closing line was a little dumb, but I agree, extremely flashy and explosive. And yeah, there was that NiFe personal meaning aspect to his "journey," if you will -- calling by fate. I don't know that I would call him a super-hero with magic tricks. It seemed more like a matrix thing, where he opened his mind up, freed himself from preconceived notions ("what would you do if you had never been told bullets don't curve?") and thus attained heightened abilities.

- On a "deeper level", I kind of wonder what would make people want to pay money to see it or buy it. I didn't pay to see it, and I saw it to spend time with a friend who wanted to. I wonder why people make movies like that in terms of what people "get" out of them, so if you want, explain what you liked about the movie. I'm not asking that rhetorically, I just really want to try to understand it.
    It was the NiTi stuff mainly. I just found myself entrenched in all the philosophical themes of it, which I gather you found rather pointless. Also, the action was brilliant. Never before have I enjoyed seeing someone's -- yes I will say it -- 'wig get split' in a movie. I don't know how they did it so well! But seriously, the bullet interactions were awesome.

- Angelina Jolie: the only thing about the movie I liked, but I couldn't help feeling like it was the worst AJ movie I've ever seen. Seeing peoples teeth get knocked out and exploding foreheads with bullets... but no AJ ass or tats, and one kiss - was very disappointing. It was like she was shifted into this really standard fairy tale, and definitely not highlighted. If Morgan Freeman and AJ are together in a movie, it shouldn't be like that. I felt sorry for both of them. (FTR, I liked Tomb Raider better than this movie)
    You saw her ass when she got out of the bath. And yeah, I guess she was a little corny with the whole "cold, badass chick" thing, but whatever. I can see how you would evaluate it from that perspective, though.

I mean, compare this movie to The Matrix series or The Dark Knight - both had MUCH more substance to me. Wanted was kind of just... "standard issue movie".
    Oh, definitely. The matrix trilogy established the groundwork for subsequent movies with similar themes. And The Dark Knight was one of the most intellectually deep movies I've seen in a while.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I answer this question? I loved it. But am I the only one who thinks Angelina can't act? The 'badassness' was kind of grating at times.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Can I answer this question? I loved it. But am I the only one who thinks Angelina can't act? The 'badassness' was kind of grating at times.
    Yeah, she seemed pretty contrived at times.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what happens when ISFps try to act badass...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLE friend loved the crap out of it... I liked it alright. Not a favorite or anything....or the best movie of the summer...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seen it, loved it.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shakes head*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny DeVito is a puppydog compared to Jolie.

I would agree with Te-creative, except that she's too Se to be INTp and she's too Se-valuing to be ISTp. Perhaps SLE?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Haven't seen it; I figured it looked oh so very, H-H-H-Hollywood.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    She seems more Si-valuing to me. I think her movie roles generally tend to be more Se-valuing, which is one of the reasons her persona comes off as so forced to many people.
    ALLIE you are smart, i would agree with that.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blang pow, show me extreme violence and destroy the concept of it in my mind. it'll make going to war so much easier for the people!
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You liked that part where he was shooting other people while his gun was stuck in the Repairman's head, mhm.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the best movie to come out in a long time. The badassness is what I loved especially.