Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBTI & Enneagram Type Correlations

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MBTI & Enneagram Type Correlations

This is more for general interest and curiosity as opposed to an attempt to prove anything serious. These aren't the be all and end all of correlations; they're basically showing what MB types each Enneagram type is most likely to be.

1w9 ESTJ, ISTJ
    1w2 ENFJ, ISFJ
    2w1 ESFJ, ENFJ
    2w3 ESFJ, ENFJ
    3w2 ESFJ, ESTJ
    3w4 ENTJ, ENFJ
    4w3 INFJ, INFP
    4w5 INFP, INFJ
    5w4 INFP, INTP
    5w6 INTJ, INTP
    6w5 INTJ, ENTJ, ISFJ, ISTJ
    6w7 ISFJ, ESFP
    7w6 ENTP, ESTP, ENFP
    7w8 ESTP, ESFP, ISTP
    8w7 ENTJ, ESTJ
    8w9 INTJ
    9w8 INFP, ISFP
    9w1 INFJ, ISFJ

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you believe 8w9 and INTJ really are a good match?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    He specifically used MBTI rather than socionics.

He's thinking of the INTJ as in the same kind of descriptions that led far more Russian socionists type INTJ as LIE or even SLE than as LII - and that led me to identify with it so easily, for that matter.

If you look at INTJ descriptions as in typelogic, I think 8w9 makes sense. For instance, not a hint of particular problems with Se.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually scored as INTJ on a test once. My results really do vary. When I first took MBTT ever, I came out as an ENFP. This later went to ENTP. Then ESTJ, with the occasional ENTJ. My Thinking has become distinctly clearer in recent years. My Extroversion has always been evident, but I go through phases of hermit-like behaviour, leading tests to type me as an Introvert. Judging is most likely. S/N I have always struggled with. Why? Because everyone does. People don't want to be a sensor because they're "stupid" and people get confused about how intuitive they are. Like to many, I am pretty fucking intuitive. But then I meet or hear about some real head-in-the-clouds people and I think "I am not like them". I think I have a pretty good balance to be honest. Like when I look at the functions in socionics, the only one I think I'm pretty shit with is Fi. I think I'm good at Ne, but I don't value it. I like Ti simply for fun, like making correlations. Beyond this, it is of no interest to me. I value Se, Si and Te. I can be very adept with Fe. Ni is what I use when I plan, and when I enter my inner fantasies from brief time to time. Fi I value, but I am really shit at it. I ismply am not patient enough to consider others at length. Recently though, I've been trying to think "put yourself in their shoes" as much as possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you lying, Ezra? Either some of the statements in you last post are false, or you are not an SLE, Ezra. Surely you understand that much?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Why are you lying, Ezra? Either some of the statements in you last post are false, or you are not an SLE, Ezra. Surely you understand that much?
    What the hell are you talking about? All of my statements are true.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    At least this one can't be true if you are an SLE: "Judging is most likely." Or, if you are not lying, why are you misleading us? If you are an SLE, you should score ESTP on most, if not every, MBTI test you take. Why don't you do that? What is the explanation? How can you be so confused that you get incorrect scores more often than not? How can you be sure of anything regarding your type -- whether in Socionics or in MBTT -- if you are so lost?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    He specifically used MBTI rather than socionics.

He's thinking of the INTJ as in the same kind of descriptions that led far more Russian socionists type INTJ as LIE or even SLE than as LII - and that led me to identify with it so easily, for that matter.

If you look at INTJ descriptions as in typelogic, I think 8w9 makes sense. For instance, not a hint of particular problems with Se.
    I always enjoyed that sort of INTJ profile, and the "no problems with Se" part was a particular draw.
    I agree that that sort of profile does not fit LII....

IF you will remember, I made a huge number of comments about how I was a "very tough" LII or something like that, and it never seemed to fit. At my current level of understanding, none of the LIIs I know in real life fit that INTJ description very well.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always enjoyed that sort of INTJ profile, and the "no problems with Se" part was a particular draw.
    I agree that that sort of profile does not fit LII....

IF you will remember, I made a huge number of comments about how I was a "very tough" LII or something like that, and it never seemed to fit. At my current level of understanding, none of the LIIs I know in real life fit that INTJ description very well.
    That sort of profile definitely fits LII -- if you understand both types correctly. Many LIIs in real life fit that profile quite well. And it certainly does not fit any of the other types in Socionics better than it fits LII.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least this one can't be true if you are an SLE: "Judging is most likely." Or, if you are not lying, why are you misleading us? If you are an SLE, you should score ESTP on most, if not every, MBTI test you take.
    WRONG. MBTT descriptions of Se are shit. So you can be Se in socionics, because of the emphasis on power, but not in MBTT, because there isn't one. I score ESTJ on most, if not every one. Does this make me ESTJ?

Why don't you do that? What is the explanation? How can you be so confused that you get incorrect scores more often than not? How can you be sure of anything regarding your type -- whether in Socionics or in MBTT -- if you are so lost?
    Because I don't know who I can compare myself with. Am I intuitive compared to you, Phaedrus, or compared to Brad Pitt? Am I Extroverted compared to Paris Hilton, or compared to force my hand? I know for a fact I am logical. That's not even worth doubting. Extraversion is mostly if not definitely likely. It's the S/N, P/J I have trouble with. What's my nature? Well, I've made many posts describing myself. All are true except the first one, which is full of idealism.

I need something to compare myself to, then I will tell you what type I am.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTT descriptions of Se are shit. So you can be Se in socionics, because of the emphasis on power, but not in MBTT, because there isn't one.
    Descriptions of functions are irrelevant here. Types are relevant. Why are you unable to understand this? The ESTP profiles describe the same group of people as the SLE profiles describe. That they describe them slightly differently and have different theoretical explanations of which functions are involved etc, should not cloud your mind.

I score ESTJ on most, if not every one. Does this make me ESTJ?
    No. No test can ever make you a certain type. But if you have answered all the questions correctly (with perfect knowledge of what you are like as a person), then of course you are an ESTJ and an LSE.

Why don't you do that? What is the explanation? How can you be so confused that you get incorrect scores more often than not? How can you be sure of anything regarding your type -- whether in Socionics or in MBTT -- if you are so lost?
    Because I don't know who I can compare myself with.
    If you don't know that, you don't know anything for sure. You have to have a secure foundation upon which you can build your understanding of the types. Otherwise it is very likely that you get them all wrong. One faulty piece and the whole puzzle gets twisted.

Am I intuitive compared to you, Phaedrus, or compared to Brad Pitt? Am I Extroverted compared to Paris Hilton, or compared to force my hand? I know for a fact I am logical. That's not even worth doubting. Extraversion is mostly if not definitely likely. It's the S/N, P/J I have trouble with. What's my nature? Well, I've made many posts describing myself. All are true except the first one, which is full of idealism.
    I have offered you the relevant links. I have told you how to determine your correct type. But instead of following my advices, you let yourself be fooled by the idiots on this forum.

I need something to compare myself to, then I will tell you what type I am.
    Whatever you do, don't compare yourself with your images of the persons on this forum. Compare yourself with real life people, whose type you are certain of. To be certain of their types may require quite a lot of research, but it is certainly not impossible. It can be done in 6-12 months or so.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm simply not willing to spend that much of my time on a theory. It doesn't interest me enough. I'd rather live in ignorance.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm simply not willing to spend that much of my time on a theory. It doesn't interest me enough. I'd rather live in ignorance.
    Expect yourself to make a lot of typing mistakes then, including that of your own person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Most Common Enneagram Type for Each MBTI Type

What do you think they are?

ESTJ: 8 > 1 & 3
    ESFJ: 2 > 3 & 6
    ISTJ: 1 > 5 > 6
    ISFJ: 1 & 2 & 3 & 6 & 9

ESTP: 7 > 3
    ESFP: 7 > 2
    ISTP: 5 > 7 & 9
    ISFP: 2 & 4 & 9

ENTJ: 8 > 1 & 3 & 6
    ENTP: 7 > 3 > 8
    INTJ: 5 > 1 > 8
    INTP: 5 > 9 > 6

ENFJ: 2 > 3 > 1
    ENFP: 7 > 2 > 4
    INFJ: 4 > 1 > 5
    INFP: 4 > 9 > 5

^I get this list from comparing all the polls on typologycentral and personalitycafe to the empirical and graph-result studies on this site: http://webspace.webring.com/people/c...e/typecorr.htm No amount of arguing will convince me that the types or type order is different unless you show me polls and studies from MORE sites.
    Last edited by blankblank; 04-27-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh shit.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj: 2

ISFj- 3?

ESTj: 1 or 3? Maybe 2. . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow82 View Post
    ESFj: 2

ISFj- 3?

ESTj: 1 or 3? Maybe 2. . .
    I don't mean socionics, though, I mean MBTI.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Renee Baron and Elizabeth Wagele - The Enneagram Made Easy

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    I don't mean socionics, though, I mean MBTI.
    Why not go on an MBTI or enneagram forum then? Not to be a bitch...

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it's 'Other Personality Typologies', so that MAKES YOU A BITCH. AND YOU'RE DOING A GOOD JOB AT IT.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    I've been trying to figure out the top two enneagram types for each MBTI type. What do you guys think? Here's what I know FOR SURE:

INTJ: 1, 5
    ENTP: 7
    ESFJ:
    ISFP: 4, 9

INFP: 4, 9
    ENFJ: 2
    ESTP: 7, 8
    ISTJ: 1, 5

ESFP: 7
    INTP: 5, 9
    ENTJ: 3, 8
    ISFJ:

ESTJ:
    INFJ: 1, 4
    ENFP: 7
    ISTP: 5
    Why is this grouped into quadras if its MBTI? I think you'll find a lot more answers on an MBTI forum or some popular book like ESC referenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I'm getting wishy-washy answers from the MBTI forums and I need all the help I can get.

Thumbs up for EyeSeeCold's graph!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After studies and polls I have:

ESTJ: 1, 3, 8
    ESFJ: 2, 3, 6
    ISTJ: 1, 5, 6
    ISFJ: 1, 6, 9

ESTP: 3, 7, 8
    ESFP: 2, 7, 8
    ISTP: 5, 6, 9
    ISFP: 2, 4, 9

ENTJ: 1, 3, 8
    ENTP: 3, 7, 8
    INTJ: 1, 5, 8
    INTP: 5, 6, 9

ENFJ: 1, 2, 3
    ENFP: 2, 4, 7
    INFJ: 1, 4, 5
    INFP: 4, 5, 9

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After studies and polls I have:

ESTJ: 1, 3, 8
    ESFJ: 2, 3, 6
    ISTJ: 1, 5, 6
    ISFJ: 1, 6, 9

ESTP: 3, 7, 8
    ESFP: 2, 7, 8
    ISTP: 5, 6, 9
    ISFP: 2, 4, 9

ENTJ: 1, 3, 8
    ENTP: 3, 7, 8
    INTJ: 1, 5, 8
    INTP: 5, 6, 9

ENFJ: 1, 2, 3
    ENFP: 2, 4, 7
    INFJ: 1, 4, 5
    INFP: 4, 5, 9
    Thanks a bunch Random Ness!

I always find these studies and their results fascinating! If you need any help from me as far as polls, etc. for your studies count me in! I'm interested in whatever studies and results you may come up with next. . .

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

that list seems kinda funny to me with 5 being the most commonly correlated type and the more common etypes not being represented. its just my opinion but i think its off. fyi there are some threads in this section of the forum about enneagram/socionics correlations if you havent done a search yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    in addition all these e-type polls are done on typology internet forums, so that already introduces some bias into sampling
    5 is common for ITs in MBTI, though. The fact that it shows up in the polls frequently isn't odd; actual studies say so.

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal
    For roughly 80% that how the conversion works out but the other 20% may decide they are of different type.
    I was wondering how strong the correlation is. Is this an estimation based on observations? Because I would say the common J/P switch makes it so less than 80% of people transfer over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I haven't seen any sort of studies on this.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sorry if this has been posted before:
    http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-prie...e-enneagram-2/

This attempts to find correlations between MBTI and enneagram types (including variants). The data likely has key issues in regards the reliability of self-typing (I know some here have particular skepticism towards the self-typing of others in regards variants too) as well as with sampling, and the fact MBTI tests are typically (or often) scored dichotomically (as opposed to in terms of Jungian functions).

Perhaps I or others can look for further interesting correlations at some point (e.g. I would be interested in how self-perceived variant stackings for each type compares to the 'general' population).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Based on that data, if there were equal numbers of people of each of the 16 MBTI types, and they had their variants correct, the proportion of people with each stacking would be as follows:

So 1st: 30.32%
    Sx 1st: 35.70%
    Sp 1st: 33.98%

So/Sx 18.04%
    So/Sp 12.28%
    Sx/So 21.54%
    Sx/Sp 14.16%
    Sp/So 17.44%
    Sp/Sx 16.54%

The most overly represented MBTI type for each is as follows (with the ratio of over-representation in brackets):

So 1st: ISFP (1.65) / ESFP (1.65), ISFJ (1.52), ENFJ (1.20), ISTJ (1.17), INFJ (1.16), ENTP (1.15), ENFP (1.14), ESFJ (1.10)
    Sx 1st: ENFP (1.61), ISTP (1.40), ENFJ (1.36), ENTP (1.27), ENTJ (1.17), ESFJ (1.17), ESTP (1.12)
    Sp 1st: INTJ (1.78), INTP (1.71), ISTJ (1.52), ISFJ (1.43), ESTJ (1.31), INFP (1.22), ESTP (1.18), INFJ (1.06), ISTP (1.05), ENTJ (1.04)

So/Sx: ESFP (2.46), ENFP (1.67), ISFP (1.58), ESFJ (1.39), ENTP (1.34), ESTJ (1.23), ENFJ (1.18), ESTP (1.11),
    So/Sp: ISFJ (3.08), ISTJ (2.10), ISFP (1.74), INFJ (1.70), ENFJ (1.23), ISTP (1.16), INFP (1.00)
    Sx/So: ENFP (2.11), ENFJ (1.97), ESTJ (1.55), ESTP (1.39), ENTJ (1.35), ENTP (1.20), ESFJ (1.16)
    Sx/Sp: ISTP (2.52), ISFP (1.51), INTP (1.48), ENTP (1.39), INTJ (1.28), INFP (1.20), ESFJ (1.18), INFJ (1.16)
    Sp/So: ISTJ (2.22), ISFJ (2.17), INTP (1.47), INTJ (1.43), ISTP (1.23), ESTP (1.15) / INFP (1.15), INFJ (1.07)
    Sp/Sx: INTJ (2.14), ESTJ (2.02), INTP (1.97), ENTJ (1.37), INFP (1.30), ESTP (1.21), ISFP (1.08), INFJ (1.06)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Extroversion / Introversion
    So/Sx 70.4% 29.6%
    So/Sp 25.7% 74.3%
    Sx/So 76.7% 23.3%
    Sx/Sp 39.1% 60.9%
    Sp/So 32.9% 67.1%
    Sp/Sx 38.4% 61.6%

Intuition / Sensing
    So/Sx 45.3% 54.7%
    So/Sp 42.4% 57.6%
    Sx/So 54.6% 45.4%
    Sx/Sp 54.3% 45.7%
    Sp/So 45.8% 54.2%
    Sp/Sx 55.6% 44.4%

Thinking / Feeling
    So/Sx 36.1% 63.9%
    So/Sp 35.9% 64.1%
    Sx/So 46.2% 53.8%
    Sx/Sp 53.2% 46.8%
    Sp/So 59.8% 40.2%
    Sp/Sx 67.5% 32.5%

Perceiving / Judging
    So/Sx 58.0% 42.0%
    So/Sp 37.8% 62.2%
    Sx/So 53.3% 46.7%
    Sx/Sp 65.3% 34.7%
    Sp/So 39.1% 60.9%
    Sp/Sx 44.5% 55.5%

(Thus if the stackings had MBTI types assigned by dichotomy scores...):
    So/Sx ESFP
    So/Sp ISFJ
    Sx/So ENFP
    Sx/Sp INTP
    Sp/So ISTJ
    Sp/Sx INTJ

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So 1st 48.1% 51.9%
    Sx 1st 57.9% 42.1%
    Sp 1st 35.7% 64.3%

Intuition / Sensing
    So 1st 43.8% 56.2%
    Sx 1st 54.5% 45.5%
    Sp 1st 50.7% 49.3%

Thinking / Feeling
    So 1st 36.0% 64.0%
    Sx 1st 49.7% 50.3%
    Sp 1st 63.7% 36.3%

Perceiving / Judging
    So 1st 47.9% 52.1%
    Sx 1st 59.3% 40.7%
    Sp 1st 41.8% 58.2%

So 2nd 54.8% 45.2%
    Sx 2nd 54.4% 45.6%
    Sp 2nd 32.4% 67.6%

Intuition / Sensing
    So 2nd 50.2% 49.8%
    Sx 2nd 50.4% 49.6%
    Sp 2nd 48.3% 51.7%

Thinking / Feeling
    So 2nd 53.0% 47.0%
    Sx 2nd 51.8% 48.2%
    Sp 2nd 44.6% 55.4%

Perceiving / Judging
    So 2nd 46.2% 53.8%
    Sx 2nd 51.2% 48.8%
    Sp 2nd 51.6% 48.4%

So 3rd 38.7% 61.3%
    Sx 3rd 29.3% 70.7%
    Sp 3rd 73.5% 26.5%

Intuition / Sensing
    So 3rd 54.9% 45.1%
    Sx 3rd 44.1% 55.9%
    Sp 3rd 49.95% 50.05%

Thinking / Feeling
    So 3rd 60.4% 39.6%
    Sx 3rd 47.9% 52.1%
    Sp 3rd 41.1% 58.9%

Perceiving / Judging
    So 3rd 54.9% 45.1%
    Sx 3rd 38.5% 61.5%
    Sp 3rd 55.6% 44.4%

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This table that I have recently seen is very interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Some general conclusions of mine that are somewhat speculative and perhaps not reliable (this meshes MBTI with Socionics principles):

• -dominants are perhaps the most "emotionally stable" (low in neuroticism)

• -leading are moderately (a vague term) more likely to be dispositioned to lower emotionally unstability scores (high in neuroticism)

• -leading, and probably also -leading types may be dispositioned to lower emotionally unstability scores (high in neuroticism)

• While "F-types" are already known to be dispositioned to Agreeableness, this is especially true of -dominant types. As for -dominant types: whether they are more Agreeable compared to the average person I do not know what to speculate.

(Any other speculations?)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each enneatype is an element or pair of elements, without perfect even division, the person is using primarily.

So=Ego, Sp=Super-Ego, Sx=Super-Id. The ordering of the three can be used to determine which block or transitional block the person is using primarily.

MBTI doesn't contain a matrix for Neuroticism, which is balance between negatively stressed and positively stressed states.

Socionics does contain a matrix for Neuroticism, which are the stabilities of the psyche and stress levels represented by the blocks and transitional blocks.

Because Enneagram doesn't share common numbers of divisions of the population with any other system, and because MBTI is missing a matrix compared to Big 5 and Socionics, there won't be an objective framework connecting them and will require a subjective division at some point to have a framework connecting them. Also, the population distributions between types are not the same between systems.

Also:
    Last edited by Jeremy8419; 04-03-2016 at 11:18 AM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    (Tritypes):
    Highest emotionally stability (Low Neuroticism): 8w7,7w8,3w2
    Lowest emotionally stability (High Neuroticism): 6w5,4w5,1w2
    Most Extraverted: 8w7, 7w8, 3w2
    Least Extraverted: 5w4, 9w1, 4w5
    Highest Openness: 4w5, 5w4, 8w7
    Lowest Openness: 9w1, 6wX, 2w1
    Highest Agreeableness: 2w1, 9w1, 5w4
    Lowest Agreeableness: 8w7, 7w8, 3w4
    Highest Conscientiousness: 1w2, 2w1, 6w5
    Lowest Conscientiousness: 7w6, 9w8, 4w5

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If:
    = (+)Extraversion, (+)Openness, (-)Conscientiousness
    = (-)Extraversion, (-)Agreeableness, (-)Conscientiousness
    = (+)Extraversion, (+)Agreeableness, (+)Conscientiousness
    = (-)Extraversion, (-)Openness, (-)Conscientiousness
    = (+)Extraversion, (-)Openness, (-)Conscientiousness
    = (-)Extraversion, (+)Agreeableness, (+)Conscientiousness
    = (+)Extraversion, (-)Agreeableness, (+)Conscientiousness
    = (-)Extraversion, (+)Openness, (-)Conscientiousness

then:

This of course gives some silly scores.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Type scores from the above chart (^), assuming that the primary function makes up up two-thirds of a person's Ego, and the secondary function makes up one-third. This basically tells you, for example, in the case of NeTi (ILE)...or perhaps "pseudo"-ILE, how it might theoretically score for each enneagram type.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Based on the above chart (^),

the closest matches for each of these pseudo-types in terms of tritypes would be as follows:

ILE: 7w8, 8w7, 4w3
    LII: 5w4, 4w5, 8w7
    ESE: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    SEI: 9w1, 6w5, 2w1
    SLE: 9w8, 6w7, 3w2
    LSI: 1w9, 6w5, 3w4
    EIE: 2w3, 1w2, 7w8
    IEI: 4w5, 5w4, 8w7
    SEE: 9w1, 6w7, 2w1
    ESI: 1w9, 2w1, 6w5
    LIE: 8w7, 7w8, 3w2
    ILI: 5w4, 4w5, 8w9
    IEE: 7w8, 8w7, 2w3
    EII: 5w4, 4w5, 1w2
    LSE: 8w7,6w7,3w2
    SLI: 9w1, 5w6, 4w5

Again, some seemingly silly results, if not just in the core-types, but also from even the limited amount I know in part from compiling type correlations of forum members here (e.g. 5w6, not 5w4 being the best fit for ILIs), and 7w6 being a better match for IEEs than 7w8. It does however make comprehend some of the holes in the enneagram theory. It is clear that the distinction between SLEs and LSEs for example would not be satisfactorily described by such tritypes! These merely express the most harmonious fit assuming that the MBTI dichotomies and Big Five dichotomies correlate exactly...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Based on the above chart (^),

the closest matches for each of these pseudo-types in terms of tritypes would be as follows:

ILE: 7w8, 8w7, 4w3
    LII: 5w4, 4w5, 8w7
    ESE: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    SEI: 9w1, 6w5, 2w1
    SLE: 9w8, 6w7, 3w2
    LSI: 1w9, 6w5, 3w4
    EIE: 2w3, 1w2, 7w8
    IEI: 4w5, 5w4, 8w7
    SEE: 9w1, 6w7, 2w1
    ESI: 1w9, 2w1, 6w5
    LIE: 8w7, 7w8, 3w2
    ILI: 5w4, 4w5, 8w9
    IEE: 7w8, 8w7, 2w3
    EII: 5w4, 4w5, 1w2
    LSE: 8w7,6w7,3w2
    SLI: 9w1, 5w6, 4w5
    ILE being/having 4w3 makes little sense, because of Fi PoLR and Ni Ignoring.
    LII being/having 8w7 makes little sense, because of Se PoLR and Te Ignoring.
    SLE being/having 9w8 makes little sense, because of Fi PoLR and Si Ignoring.
    IEI being/having 8w7 makes little sense, because of Te PoLR and 1D Se.

^ Those are my explanations for why it is highly unlikely for those types to have certain Enneagram types in their tritype (and their main type for that matter).
    Whatever it may be worth, but I have also never known any of those types having any of those respected Enneagram types as part of their tritype.
    I don't count self-mistyping, btw.

And yes, I associate the Enneagram types with certain IE, based on their descriptions and also what Enneagram (tri)types certain Socionics types have had in my experience.
    As in, Type 4 is connected with Fi and/or Ni, Type 8 is connected with Te and/or Se, Type 9 is connected with Si and/or Fi.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Those charts and "data" hurt my brain, btw.
    I suppose that is my Te PoLR speaking. But I find them rather useless, haha.

I find uncontrolled polls useless, because too many people simply mistype themselves, and that skews the results.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast