Thread: Dear Gammas

Creepy-Snaps

Default Dear Gammas

I respect your drive, your determination. Your amazing ability to identify what you want and go get it. Sometimes I wish I were more motivated myself. But for Pete's sake (and the sake of those around you), lighten up a little. Relax.

Life isn't about career or reaching goals. It's the journey along the way... go to a party, spend more time with friends. You don't need to work non-stop... it's ok to take a break.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I respect your drive, your determination. Your amazing ability to identify what you want and go get it. Sometimes I wish I were more motivated myself. But for Pete's sake (and the sake of those around you), lighten up a little. Relax.

Life isn't about career or reaching goals. It's the journey along the way... go to a party, spend more time with friends. You don't need to work non-stop... it's ok to take a break.
    Thank you for the advice, it's good, though something makes me think you might be in the wrong place realistically speaking: lots of ILIs online reading, yet no one here to identify with being driven or wired up. Perhaps I take this "lighten up" to mean I should not be so emotionally disconnected with people, or more concerned for others, like I hear from those inviting types "relax, join in." Don't mistake, I'm usually plenty relaxed, I just don't see the benefit of joining in when I have better things to do and think about, so I appear like I have to go do something. I think a major problem with ethical-HAs, plenty of real feelings and sentiments there being influential to a logical type, just not at the right times or trusted around people.

This honestly doesn't apply to SEEs either, because I see them as being the sole provider of the solution to what you're talking about.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But for Pete's sake (and the sake of those around you), lighten up a little. Relax.

1. This is superfluous information
    2.) None of it applies to ILI or SEE.

Creepy-Snaps

I did actually think after I posted, that my message doesn't really apply to ILIs. I still think it applies to SEEs and other Gammas though.

With SEEs it's somewhat double-edged. The SEEs I know do have fun, go to parties, seem to relax... but then there's that other side that's still very materialistic, bold and determined, I'll work for what I want. Serious.

I guess after thinking about it, ILIs and SEEs are good compromises in general between work/play. But still shame on you ESIs and LIEs for being too serious.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    1. This is superfluous information
    And I disagree. I think it needs to be heard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With SEEs it's somewhat double-edged. The SEEs I know do have fun, go to parties, seem to relax... but then there's that other side that's still very materialistic, bold and determined, I'll work for what I want. Serious.
    I agree. I was mentioning this elsewhere. The Fi subtype (I think) especially can kind of seem harsh in this respect.

"The aggressive trainer who likes to whip people into shape physically or socially and make them be more effective in society."

Don't put it beyond a SEE to live up to this in unexpected ways.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If LIE doesn't work = deadbeat loser
    If ESI doesn't work = sink under despression
    If ILI doesn't get out and live = well, pretty much stays the same
    If SEE doesn't work = Self-indulgence
    If SEE doesn't relax = Too highstrung
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    But I know enough Gammas who are more social for the sake of being social than getting stuff done...ILIs...SEEs...ESIs...not LIEs though because those people eat, sleep, and breathe work...sorta.
    I think even in that social stuff, some SEEs are kind of too active for me in that sense too.. like they might not chill and want to hit up every spot on a night out. Or even when I was a kid, they'd be the guy who wanted to go to all kinds of spots when we were skateboarding or something. It was constant activity. Which is cool, because you get good at stuff that way, but I'm at a difference pace.

There's one I know though that's very serious, and there's a definite supervisory relationship. A lot of her ethics seem to revolve around social placement, ambition, etc.. Like you're not doing something right if you don't focus on things like that. We're both part Asian, but she was raised in Asia, so there's a strong Confucian bent in her mentality and family. I could chalk it up to that, I guess. It's just seems Se focused either way and hits a weak spot. Here I am trying my best to be a cool person, but there's this whole other world where I feel like crap in comparison.

Creepy-Snaps

Screw me... after almost 3 months of thinking I'm ENTp, friend says I might be ESTp... and gives quite a good argument.

Sorry Gammas!!! I heart you. lol. Maybe I should post this in Delta forum to piss them off instead. They're known as hard-working hahaha.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're known as hard-working hahaha.
    Maybe I should take your place in Alpha. I'm not much different than an SEI-Si. Stereotypes be damned.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I did actually think after I posted, that my message doesn't really apply to ILIs. I still think it applies to SEEs and other Gammas though.

I guess after thinking about it, ILIs and SEEs are good compromises in general between work/play. But still shame on you ESIs and LIEs for being too serious.

Who works for a company and why...
    Sense of belonging to a cause, effort-Fi
    Dominance and position -Se
    Material status - Se or Si
    Same goals as company -Te/Fi

American culture is founded on material things that could be an outward manifestation of status; it may just have to do with status and not material things. Se is ultimate puritanical, demonstrating Te, that work will lead you to salvation...or will it?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're totally right...I don't even think gammas don't ever party, it's most D or N subtypes that are like that. Perhaps though we don't share a sense of humor with alpha irrationals - I actually have never socialized with an ENTp-ISFp couples, mostly with INTj-ESFj...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Maybe I should take your place in Alpha. I'm not much different than an SEI-Si. Stereotypes be damned.
    To each their own. Gotta find what fits YOU best!

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Se is ultimate puritanical, demonstrating Te, that work will lead you to salvation...or will it?
    Is this your Se PoLR talking?

Btw, hi Maritsa!!! You originally typed me as ESTj I remember. Perhaps you were right with the EST... I'm considering ESTp as of now.

OH... and I just posted the same thread in Delta forum... just changed the title... but SSSSHHHHH... anyone who sees this thread, don't tell the Deltas... I want to see how many people I can offend over there. I know it's immature, but I'm having fun with this, so please let me be! Thanks.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're totally right...I don't even think gammas don't ever party, it's most D or N subtypes that are like that. Perhaps though we don't share a sense of humor with alpha irrationals - I actually have never socialized with an ENTp-ISFp couples, mostly with INTj-ESFj...
    Well Ep and Ij are irrational, Ip and Ej are rational. Both Alpha dualities, ENTp-ISFp and INTj-ESFj, have one rational and one irrational temperament. In fact all dualities have one rational/irrational each.

And what do you mean D or N subtypes? I think N, you mean an intuitive subtype, but what is D?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what do you mean D or N subtypes? I think N, you mean an intuitive subtype, but what is D?
    I mean DNCH subtypes...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Ep and Ij are irrational, Ip and Ej are rational. Both Alpha dualities, ENTp-ISFp and INTj-ESFj, have one rational and one irrational temperament. In fact all dualities have one rational/irrational each.

Provisional DCNH Descriptions
    System of DCNH Types

Personally, I'd just chalk differences up to individuality. Not every EII, for example, wants to be some hard workin' martyr housewife. And I think I know some pretty laid back SLIs. I don't know what the deal is with the hard working stereotype. I'm sure it exists, but it probably does elsewhere too.

Creepy-Snaps

Thank you, looks like I have some reading to do about DCNH descriptions.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be addressed to Ejs more than any specific quadra, I think.

In fact, you're either using MBTI or just don't know basic socionics.

Out of four original Jungian dichotomies, rationality/irrationality is the only one which doesn't differ between duals in socionics. It's in MBTI that rational types (T or F dominant) are IxxP and ExxJ. MBTI P/J theoretically (on function level) corresponds to static/dynamic ego, though in practice it sounds more like rationality/irrationality.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filatova

Among Critics, totally opposite willpowers can be found. Some of them are extremely persistent and single-minded, others have no willpower whatsoever. This situation also applies to the Critic: in some matters he/she is relentless, in others completely lazy.
    / whatever