Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stratiyevskaya machine translations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stratiyevskaya machine translations

I'm going to try and clean up as many of the Stratievskaya machine translatios as i can, starting with gamma, because they are my homies. I'll try and keep them to the original message as close as possible, agree or disagree, only correcting for syntax and vocabulary, etc.

Please reply if you are seriously interested in helping me, and tell me which ones you are going to work on so we don't mop a wet floor and waste time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

feel free to contribute, but know that i am going through every single one of your edits with a fine toothed comb.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh....

with idiots like you around this place, the only way i'm going to get the socionics community that i want is to take up donations to pay rick to work on wikisocion full time

edit: sorry for jumping for conclusions. I found your edits to be an improvement. please continue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. You two are getting along slightly better... as it appears in this moment.

Go for it, hood. I was hoping someone would do that eventually.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    sigh....

with idiots like you around this place, the only way i'm going to get the socionics community that i want is to take up donations to pay rick to work on wikisocion full time
    no, i'm pretty sure rick has no interest in doing that. the only way you can circumvent me is to get your own domain space and do it yourself. i swear i will do everything to make your experience as miserable as i possibly can.

however, if you are so determined, perhaps you could contact users dioklecian and hugo, who have oft spoken of similar pursuits. they have somewhat less stringent character standards. however i'd suggest not telling them too much about yourself and keeping an eye on your wallet at all times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you say similar pursuits, you mean accepting payment to work on socionics full time?

and naw, I think I'll stick to wikisocion. I think it's good to have people like me and you as a "checks and balance" so to speak when collaborating on something that will be read by so many different types

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on the IEI one at the moment
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    I'm working on the IEI one at the moment
    Good Good! I know it takes a while and you'll probably have to break it into a bunch of sessions. But I figure once it gets done it'll well be worth the effort... I dunno what it is but the way that the Stratievskaya IM/function breakdowns are written really appeals to me. Thanks for helping misutii

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Good! I know it takes a while and you'll probably have to break it into a bunch of sessions. But I figure once it gets done it'll well be worth the effort... I dunno what it is but the way that the Stratievskaya IM/function breakdowns are written really appeals to me. Thanks for helping misutii
    lol I know, re-wording some of the weird russian phrases is a bitch but I'm slowly getting through it. Last year I cleaned up all the Filatova type descriptions and it was a bit easier because she used shorter sentences. btw which types have already been cleaned up?
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I know, re-wording some of the weird russian phrases is a bitch but I'm slowly getting through it. Last year I cleaned up all the Filatova type descriptions and it was a bit easier because she used shorter sentences. btw which types have already been cleaned up?
    I'm still trudging through the SEE one, simply due to lack of time, but school is cooling off, so I hope to hit as much of gamma as I can. After SEE I'll probably go ILI -> LIE -> ESI, then alpha if I get that far and am still motivated, lol. Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations. Helps me read the sentence better all together at once, if that makes sense. I recommend coming by some if you can!

Creepy-Diana

Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations. Helps me read the sentence better all together at once, if that makes sense. I recommend coming by some if you can!
    That's just totally stupid, I recommend not.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I did a some clean-up of the ISFj one a long time ago, it has my notes all over it though: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ead.php?t=7194

It could use a lot more work but I can take that one, and I'll remove my comments. It will probably not be right away that I get to it though.
    sounds good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still trudging through the SEE one, simply due to lack of time, but school is cooling off, so I hope to hit as much of gamma as I can. After SEE I'll probably go ILI -> LIE -> ESI, then alpha if I get that far and am still motivated, lol. Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations. Helps me read the sentence better all together at once, if that makes sense. I recommend coming by some if you can!
    do you know where the original russian versions of the descriptions can be located online? I'd like to try machine translating it using a different translator, with the Filatova ones I used a translator that often gave 2 options for words (the second option would appear in brackets, i.e. sky (heavens). In the IEI description I sometimes have no idea what she's (Stratievskaya's)... trying to say because it's strewn with sarcasm and analogies that don't translate well into english.
    INFp-Ni

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you know where the original russian versions of the descriptions can be located online? I'd like to try machine translating it using a different translator, with the Filatova ones I used a translator that often gave 2 options for words (the second option would appear in brackets, i.e. sky (heavens). In the IEI description I sometimes have no idea what she's (Stratievskaya's)... trying to say because it's strewn with sarcasm and analogies that don't translate well into english.
    socionics.org has all of the originals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't, but what other translator is it? I have some words in the ESI description that didn't translate at all.

found it! http://www.online-translator.com/sit...px?prmtlang=en

I don't know if this will work but I'll try to link you directly to the ESI description. The only bad thing about this translator is that it loads every page slowly, so you can't use it for quick browsing. But it's worth it in this case. Also sometimes it doesn't completely translate the page and you have to refresh it.

http://www.online-translator.com/sit...ype_sISFJ.html
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much for contributing the original russian as well as the alternate translator!! This should make our time much easier! Soon we will distribute accurate type function/IE descriptions to the masses and end confusion for all!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

strat is also ISFj apparently.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I'm learning a lot from this thread. And sheesh... browsing socionics.org with that translator is great! Finding tons of new descriptions!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to try and clean up as many of the Stratievskaya machine translatios as i can, starting with gamma, because they are my homies. I'll try and keep them to the original message as close as possible, agree or disagree, only correcting for syntax and vocabulary, etc.

Please reply if you are seriously interested in helping me, and tell me which ones you are going to work on so we don't mop a wet floor and waste time.
    I've already done (and posted) Si and most of Te (just needs some finishing touches) for LIE. I've started on Se and Ni but don't have enough done to make it worth posting yet.

I'm very interested in reading "cleaned up" descriptions. I'm pretty good at picking the overall ideas being presented out of messy sentences and paragraphs, so if you get stumped or want to know if your translations sound right, send me a PM. I don't have the time right now to offer enough concentration to such a project to do much more than that though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ritalin really helps me when I'm reading these shitty translations.
    Haha, I pretty much need to be on adderall in order to concentrate on this type of project long enough to actually accomplish anything, and I've stopped taking it again. Chances are pretty good I'll start taking it again in like a week though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Haha, I pretty much need to be on adderall in order to concentrate on this type of project long enough to actually accomplish anything, and I've stopped taking it again. Chances are pretty good I'll start taking it again in like a week though.
    We could definitely use your help translating and editing! I'll inform you when I'm done with the IEI one and require (certain parts might need mass injections)

Wow, I'm learning a lot from this thread. And sheesh... browsing socionics.org with that translator is great! Finding tons of new descriptions!
    yah hoodrat this translator is definitely going to speed things up. I think after I finish IEI I'll work on the EIE one. It's funny I actually started it last week myself so it's cooincidence that I stumbled upon your thread. I was actually originally going to work on the SEE one next so I could show it to my SEE brother lol
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a lot easier for me if you send bits and pieces at a time... something that you're not confident about while you're translating it or something that you have an idea about the concept of but aren't sure how to word, etc. It's difficult for me to read long descriptions all at once, even on adderall.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a semi-dual brother misutii? I'm jealous ...

but yeah, I really do love these things and as much as I support the main wikisocion type pages, those russian socionist dudes seem really fucking badass (like they know what they're talking about!).

Joy, thank you so much for your help and I'll be certain to take you up on your offer if the need arises. Lol, it's funny you're on adderall because the only LIE i've really confirmed in real life is on Adderall XR and doesn't take it usually (and is more fun that way in my opinion, lol).... but yeah, it certainly helps you get this crap done.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have reasons for not wanting to take it all the time though. (That is, if not for the side effects I would definitely always take it!)
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey do the alpha ILE first !!

edit; btw great job. Really appreciated... if it gets good that is No pressure just dont fuck up
    Last edited by Darkstar; 08-29-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: edit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a semi-dual brother misutii? I'm jealous ...
    yah he's cool, we're in the midst of planning an alpine adventure scheduled tentatively for whenever, and I also have a IEI sister and a LSI dad . My dad had it the best though as I also have a ESE mother and ESE sister, so my dad was the only logical person in the house and between 2 IEIs and 2 ESEs he gets more Fe than a shakespearian drama on ecstasy lol I used to wonder how the hell he put up with all the emotional bullshit so well until i learned about socionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Hey do the alpha ILE first !!

edit; btw great job. Really appreciated... if it gets good that is No pressure just dont fuck up
    oi!!!! ya no good slacker, reaping the ripe fruits of our bloody labour from atop your stupid little french chateau while waiting for your slaves to bring you more wine. not fair! lol
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah he's cool, we're in the midst of planning an alpine adventure scheduled tentatively for whenever, and I also have a IEI sister and a LSI dad . My dad had it the best though as I also have a ESE mother and ESE sister, so my dad was the only logical person in the house and between 2 IEIs and 2 ESEs he gets more Fe than a shakespearian drama on ecstasy lol I used to wonder how the hell he put up with all the emotional bullshit so well until i learned about socionics.
    Damn! Pops got hooked up!

lol this project is so doomed. My prediction is that it will just spread more misinformation than do anything good.

At least keep the original machine-translated versions (both of them, since there seems to be two different machine translators available) intact and available, for everyone to review.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    lol this project is so doomed. My prediction is that it will just spread more misinformation than do anything good.

At least keep the original machine-translated versions (both of them, since there seems to be two different machine translators available) intact and available, for everyone to review.
    Does anyone here have any choice in the matter?
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

</p>
    Why would you say that?
    I'm not convinced by the ability of the people involved to make correct interpretations.

Just one example, would you trust a surgeon to operate on you, if they have just told you they can't keep their hand still for a moment without taking some drug?

INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Does anyone here have any choice in the matter?
    What do you mean by this?

I mean for the wiki-page, there should be 3 different versions of the translation. The two machine translated ones as they are, and the interpreted one.
    Last edited by Warlord; 08-31-2008 at 06:51 PM.

INTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll agree with you, warlord. i don't really trust people to do this without putting their own spin on it heh. at any rate, i'd rather a native russian speaker do it.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i'll agree with you, warlord. i don't really trust people to do this without putting their own spin on it heh. at any rate, i'd rather a native russian speaker do it.
    Okay, you can be in charge of finding one to do that then.

I mean for the wiki-page
    gotcha
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by this?

I mean for the wiki-page, there should be 3 different versions of the translation. The two machine translated ones as they are, and the interpreted one.
    ok, then go to the wiki page and make separate sections for the separate machine translations. If you want to be even more accurate I can provide you with at least five other translator sites just so you can cover every angle of machine translation possible. The original Russian versions can always be found at www.socionics.org .

Though seriously, these are function by function descriptions, so if one of us edits something in such a way that it produces "spin" and makes a Ni ego description look like a Ni PoLR description it will be blatantly obvious and it's on the wiki so you are free to correct us. This "project" is meant to clean up machine translations, to fix the grammar and sentence structure so that the description is made more readable. If you question someone's competence then provide examples of how their edits on the wiki are "misinforming".
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original Russian versions can always be found at www.socionics.org .

Though seriously, these are function by function descriptions, so if one of us edits something in such a way that it produces "spin" and makes a Ni ego description look like a Ni PoLR description it will be blatantly obvious and it's on the wiki so you are free to correct us. This "project" is meant to clean up machine translations, to fix the grammar and sentence structure so that the description is made more readable. If you question someone's competence then provide examples of how their edits on the wiki are "misinforming".
    I agree w/ this... This is about making them easier-to-read... Let ppl make judgments about an editor's competence after the more readable versions are posted.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree.
    SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast